PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a problem with this site crashing their computer?

Sith Vicious
03-29-2002, 03:35 PM
It's very strange but this site causes my computer to crash on a regular basis. No other site causes it. This site doesn't seem that graphics heavy. Any one know what the problem is?

2-1B
03-30-2002, 12:00 AM
Earlier this month I had problems but I found out it was my ISP. They were doing some rerouting and this site was usually the only one I had problems with. But it's better now.

How long ago did this start for you? Since you registered? :(

SirSteve
03-30-2002, 01:15 AM
Clear your cache and Temporary Internet files and then give it a try.

Emperor Howdy
03-30-2002, 01:22 AM
Well what do you know......a legitimate question for SirSteve. He'll answer it too. Of course, what you'll get is:

"How about now?"

or

"Try it now"

(He's not one for verbose responses)

and then......all of the sudden.......after you respond with a few "Nope..still not working" 's, it will stop. Just like that. No more crashes. I'm telling you, it's weird.........and the other day, I saw a strange tatoo on his hand. It looked like something you'd see inscribed on an Egyptian tomb. No joke, man. There's more going on around here than meets the eye.....forces involved that neither you nor I can even conceive of. He also has a hidden staircase behind a bookshelf in his house, but that's all anybody knows about THAT deal. Spooky stuff.

Emperor Howdy
03-30-2002, 01:30 AM
oh...errr....Hi SirSteve...I didn't see you there when I was typing that :stupid: .......

What I MEANT to say is.....

He'll probably respond with a helpful: "Clear your cache and Temporary Internet files and then give it a try."

No!....I told NO ONE about the staircase! I swear by the gods I told NO O.....mmmmpfff..hmmmftt!!........*van door slides shut*..........

****END OF TRANSMISSION****

Dar' Argol
03-30-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
He also has a hidden staircase behind a bookshelf in his house, but that's all anybody knows about THAT deal. Spooky stuff.

I think Utini went in there once and we never heard from him again! Kinda makes you wonder if SirSteve is a Jedi with the power to control machines? Like Irek Ismaren, son of Roganda Ismaren, in the book, Children of the Jedi by Barbara Hambly. He has the force power to control any machinery he has studied the blueprints for. Maybe Sirsteve has this same power. I was on the SW site and my page all of a sudden started to go up and down and up and down real fast. And I wasn't even touching the mouse!!!!! I think SirSteve wanted me out of there and back here!:eek:

Obi-Don
03-30-2002, 07:40 AM
I'll never worry about "Vinnie" Again. Howdy, shouldn't have told about the staircase. :evil: :D

Sith Vicious
03-30-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Earlier this month I had problems but I found out it was my ISP. They were doing some rerouting and this site was usually the only one I had problems with. But it's better now.

How long ago did this start for you? Since you registered? :(

It started before I registered. It seems to come and go for some odd reason. Oh well. It seems to work okay for now.

Pendo
03-30-2002, 03:17 PM
I've never really had any problems with the site.

PENDO!

Knowing my luck, as soon as this message is posted the site will crash my computer!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-30-2002, 07:01 PM
It seems my internet connection will cut off three or four times everytime I am online (especially on this site, maybe because I spend so much time on here ):eek: but that is due to an ancient modem and a slow phone line capacity.:frus: