PDA

View Full Version : The Rookie.

Rollo Tomassi
03-29-2002, 04:13 PM
Okay. Feel free to talk about the movie if you want. It was your typical "triumph over odds" movie about a 30-something science teacher who gets a shot at the majors and in the process reconciles with his father and bonds with his son.

But what I want to bring up to anyone who sees the movie is a scene where Dennis Quaid is talking to his wife on the phone and the son is posting post-it notes on the side of their computer moniter. Each post-it note in a vertical line has a giant "K" on it. There are three post-it notes.

:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

I don't think this could have made it through several weeks in the editing room and then however many test screenings, without someone commenting on it. So what was the director thinking leaving something so blatantly obvious in the film???

Very weird.

derek
03-29-2002, 07:14 PM
rollo,

in baseball "K" stands for a strikeout. it is customary for fans to hang "K's" from the bleachers at baseball games. they just line them up for each strikeout recorded. it's nothing racial or representing the ku klux klan.:)

i have not seen the film, but quaid plays a pitcher. i guess his son was either copying what he saw at the ball park, or tallying up his dad's strikeouts.

2-1B
03-29-2002, 11:57 PM
I like Rachel Griffiths from Six Feet Under, she plays Quaid's wife.

Yeah, the 3 Ks are for a strikeout . . . who is that movie based on? I know Costner's For Love of the Game was based on a real player (Denny Nagle? I don't know alot of baseball stuff) ???

Rollo Tomassi
03-30-2002, 01:17 AM
Well darn me and my baseball illiteracy...thanks guys. You learn something new everyday!