PDA

View Full Version : What does your Collection consist of?

darth_obi
03-29-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey guys, ive been trying to get more action into this forum lately
so heres another topic

what does your collection consist of?

For me as of right now I collect all POTF2 items except exclusives
and items not found anywher in the movies (see deluxe figuresand EU)

my 3 3/4' loose figure set is compleete. im very happy about that
my beasts and vehicles are about 60% compelte
then theres some things like gunner stations and such i require
im thking about also collecting the basic assortment of the 12 inch figures but am undecided on that currently.

i figure after im done with the POTF2 line ( will be a while )
ill move into other areas , probably POTJ figures , then the prequels

how bout u guys?

Darth_Obi

TK421
03-29-2002, 09:50 PM
Hmmmmm..
My collection cosists of whatever it is i like at the time.
So it is pretty broad band!!!:D

browndroid
03-29-2002, 10:05 PM
i dont have many potf or potf2, i have ep1s potjs and other series. i have all but like one or two ep2, all but about three potj, and several ships and beasts

Amanamike
03-29-2002, 11:21 PM
I have a completeclooection of all 3' 3/4 figures either loose or carded. I also have all the ships and beasts and playsets. I have very few 12" figs unless they were cheap. I am more of a 3" 3/4 collector. I have multiples of almost every figure and I am an army builder.

187-Maul
03-30-2002, 07:14 AM
I only collect what I like (and can afford, doh!) from POTF2 to POTJ (soon also E-II when they finally arrive in france)

dr_evazan22
03-30-2002, 09:43 AM
I collect 3-3/4"(fig's, ships, etc...- POTF2 to present only), the 12" Action Collection, and have recently started collecting the Hamilton plate collection, along w/ the SW books and comics, action fleet (but not MM).

My POTF2 collection is almost complete, but there are a few stand-outs that I don't have like Admiral Motti and Commtech Leia.
I need about 25% of the E1 line, and my POTJ line is complete.

mabudonicus
03-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Whatever I like at the time. I collected EVERYTHING when potf2 started, but I fell behind due to bad distro. Now I only get stuff I really need- amanaman was my last, and I'm trying real hard to wait for versions of AOTC stuff that I really love. Jango's the only temtation right now, but some of the other versions coming later look leagues better than the current one.
I don't have any 12" , and don't really have room for vehicles.
I like zam's speeder, it might be the first vehicle since speeder bike to enter my collection.
I guess what I mean is I'm pretty fussy- there's only so many dengars you can really want, if ya follow.
PS- it's not a problem, but have any of the other Canadians here noticed how many people from other places are using this forum? Obviously they've never gone shopping for SW figures here, eh?!?
Almost like looking in the obituaries for feel-good news!! LOL!!! ROFL!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
WE'VE NO SW FIGURES HERE, SEE?!?! Whaa haa haaa- WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
OH YEAH, MANOWAR's playing buffalo april 4!!! I'm THERE!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

IcebergSlim
03-30-2002, 02:04 PM
Figures, beasts and vehicles in the lines...

POTF2
EP1
POTJ

a couple 12" figures

fourtwo
03-30-2002, 03:20 PM
i got some stuff.
its fairly assorted but its just what i like.

i got a lot of SW lego, many loose figs from potf2, potj, ep I, and some of the new preview figs, a 12 inch luke and speederbike, a bit of vintage.

nothing much really compared to some of you i'm sure.
it still makes me happy though
:)

haggis
03-30-2002, 06:45 PM
I collect anything from the 33/4" lines. There are probably half a dozen figures that I don't have since '95 and some vehicles. I try to get everything but I get a little discouraged by the crappola distribution we get up here and the low value of our dollar(when I buy online to plug the gaps). Also pick up the odd vintage item and, if I really like the figure, 12" stuff.
I'm not sure if I will buy all of the AOTC figures. I was a bit disappointed by EP1 and still bought the toys but I don't know if it will be the same this time around. Hopefully the movie will rock and leave me no choice but to max out the credit cards.

187-Maul
03-31-2002, 08:13 AM
I think I'll start buying all the jedi's in action pose to put them all together side to side on a shelf

Dryanta
03-31-2002, 09:11 AM
I have all the 3 3/4 figs,Beasts and ships from 1995 on.
I need Amanaman and the new crashed speeded and tie bomber to finish up.I have a handful of 12" stuff,only what I really liked.
Then it's on to AOCT and saga.

greedo
04-01-2002, 10:01 AM
I collect all the 3 3/4 stuff. I have every fig. from 1995 up to now, including the sneak peak stuff, and I open every pack.

I actually started out only collecting the action fleet ships and packs. I have pretty well all of them up until ep1, I then proceeded to buy the bad guys figures because of nestalgia, now I can't stop......is there a hot line or help line I can call? I need a second job.

I have some vehicles that came with a different figure (at-at, swoops, speeders). I have some 12 inch stuff that went on sale (mostly ep1 stuff). I have most beast packs, except the discontinued or exclusive US stuff like the big dino like thing from ep1.

I hope to collect all the 3 3/4 stuff that comes out untill they stop making the SW stuff again but if the fig is too hard to get or too expensive I won't bother. If I can get it at a comic store or online I'll order it, but stuff like the rorrie (I'm not sure of the spelling) the wookie? I won't bother to get because a.) it isn't from the movie or anything b.) to expensive to order with shipping for a non-movie oriented fig. I don't care for the figs like the Vader form the toy show simply because it is a repaint and I don't need the agravation.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-03-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by mabudon
PS- it's not a problem, but have any of the other Canadians here noticed how many people from other places are using this forum? Obviously they've never gone shopping for SW figures here, eh?!?
Almost like looking in the obituaries for feel-good news!! LOL!!! ROFL!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
WE'VE NO SW FIGURES HERE, SEE?!?! Whaa haa haaa- WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Actually some of the hardest to find figures, that I have ever discovered, were found in Canada. I live in Western New York and I try to make a trip to Toronto twice a year. During my stay I always make it a habit to visit the Silver Snail on Queen St. Even though their prices are higher than retail stores, they aren't that bad price wise compared with other scalper stores (Especially when you factor in the American dollar :p ). But I enjoy going to Canada and embarking on epic hunts for Star Wars! :happy:

greedo
04-03-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by mabudon

You might be the only other Manowar fan I know of.... very cool. I thought I reconized your quote at the bottom of your message.

How about this; "may your sword stay wet, like a young girl in her prime"......

I followed these guys from the first album: "Manowar, born to live forever more".....

Ok, enough Manowar lyrics.

I didn't know they even toured, never seen them in Canada.
Up the irons.