PDA

View Full Version : Missing Figures!

Cotasnoova
03-30-2002, 01:17 PM
Where is Palpatine? I want a Chancellor Palpatine Figure!

Battle Droid
03-30-2002, 01:27 PM
He was at Toyfair, or do you mean why he isn't in stores?

Jargo
03-30-2002, 05:14 PM
When I was a child, my Mother always taught me that "I want gets nothing" Say your pleases and thank yous and people will treat you better.

Palpatine will be released as a figure soon enough. Be patient little one. Want is the path to the dark side of the force. Want leads to ungrateful, ungrateful leads to indignant, indignant leads to a slap upside your head! :D

palpatine I think comes out in summer. So what's that - 2nd or third quarter? Think July. If you think July and he comes out sooner you'll be happy. If he comes out later you'll have made it to July and it won't be too long to wait until he does come out. No sense in throwing a wobbly because that would just use up energy that could be used in trying to find the rest of the stuff that is coming out sooner. Hope this proved to be helpful in some small way. I just LURVE to be helpful. :evil:

Cotasnoova
03-30-2002, 06:18 PM
Who in the world do you think you are? It is a simple post! I asked where he was and stated I wanted one. And don't call me little one. You must be quite a "big" person to go around calling others little. This probably shows of your pathetic life. I don;t care if the Palpatine figure comes ten years from now, I still want one. So you can take your dog and yourself and go speak that way to your pathetic buddies, but not to me. Jerk

browndroid
03-30-2002, 06:23 PM
im sure jargo was just kidding, he probably didnt mean it to be offensive:)

Cotasnoova
03-30-2002, 06:31 PM
I saw no humor in it. You should not talk to others that way, even more so for those you do even know. I took it seriously, and that is how I am going to take it.

Jargo
03-30-2002, 06:59 PM
You can take it any which way you choose. Those who can be bothered to read the forums before demanding facts as you did will understand my sense of humour. Perhaps you should relook at the way in which you post your messages and see that you are brusque and rude and churlish. A request with a please attached goes down much better than a single sentence of demand that makes you sound like a spoilt brat I WANT I WANT I WANT!!! Good manners cost nothing. And if you had half a brain you would see that I was indeed attempting to ofer some helpful information. Although considering that nearly all of us are still in the dark about what's being released and what isn't it was a small wonder that I deigned to respond at all. next time I shan't be so charitable. There are others more deserving of my attention which is starting to wander away from your irritating and boring tirade even as I speak........ :) You are the weakest link - goodbye.

Cotasnoova
03-30-2002, 07:14 PM
You are telling me that when I siad "I want a Chancellor Palpatine figure," I was being completely serious in my "demand?"
Dude, you need to relax, and take a breather. I also want to give you major props for using words like churlish and brusque, it shows alot that you own a thesarus. Do not bother to deny that fact.

Also you cannot be one to talk about good maners. The way you orginally answered my post shows you lack any manners except those practiced by a moron.

Lucky for you I have a whole brain, if I did not I would be dead. I saw where you were offering advice in the worst way possible. If you are so "great and kind" to give advice, why don;t you say it nicely.

So you can go wander away from what I am saying, which is you are loser. I can see this because you quote a game show...that shows big time smart.

So "please" get lost. Thanks. (now how kind is that) loser

Dryanta
03-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Costasnoova I'd like make a suggestion.If you have a problem with something said to you,would you please take it up with them in a PM.
Jargo's a good egg and didn't mean harm.you apparently took offense and that's your business,not ours.Please take it up with them privately.The forums realy shouldn't be a place for arguements of this sort.
And if Jargo owned a thesaurus all he'd use it for is hitting people.
;) EJ

Cotasnoova
03-30-2002, 11:46 PM
If it is not your business, why bother reading it?

SaeseeTiin
03-31-2002, 06:19 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Dryanta, it's just EJ's humour. I don't post often but I have read the threads regularly since this forum was new, and I know that is just Jargo's humour.
He wouldn't have meant any real offence, you need to understand. It may not be my buisness but I don't believe you need to be acting like you are, what Jargo said was never meant to be took like you have took it.
And by the way, like Dryanta said, Jargo would just hit people with a theasaurus!

STiin

Dryanta
03-31-2002, 07:59 AM
That's a very good question,cotasnoova.Here is my truthful answer.
I've seen a few threads that have gone this way before,and I continue reading them because they most always end friendly.
That is what we are here for to discuss,disagree,and walk away "friends" if you will.I continue to read to see the resolution.
That's all.
When one doesn't go that way,I make a personal judgement call about who I think may have been the offending party and consider them to be a Forum landmine that I stay clear of.
For the record I do not consider Emporer Jargo a landmine,nor you for that matter.It looks as though this one has run it's course and IMHO should be considered closed and done with.
I will mind my own business with whatever happens next.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2002, 09:57 AM
But you are new here. Please understand that JARGO has been on the boards for quite a while. If he had done something that was so completely offensive or was a disagreeable person, he would have been kicked off of the forums long ago. JARGO has a very dry wit and I have come to really like him as a forumite and a person. There will be REAL squabbles from time to time, but JARGO was not instigating one.

You DID ask- I think it was ask... a fair question and JARGO just gave you a humourous take on an answer. You have to admit, well- perhaps you don't, but your first post in retrospect- it did bring to mind a little feet stomping action. :p

Cotasnoova
03-31-2002, 10:35 AM
Ok, if Jargo did not mean any harm, and it was just humor, let me give you all some humor. Just becuase I am new, does not make a difference. I think everyone who is responding to this and siding with Jargo are pathetic. Oh he might have been on here since August, so I guess he is a veteran of the forum and saviour of idiots. So if ay of you lamebrained baboons wish to end this, simply do not reply. There that is humor. Hope you take no offense you petty little babies, now you can all continue to kiss Jargos rear end as you have demonstrated that you do so well.

Dryanta
03-31-2002, 11:15 AM
Well so much for that.
I tried to be poilte to you and understanding but you need to understand this;if you decide to call me names then it is longer about Jargo or these forums it becomes personal.
I will not waste anybody's time with "humor" at this point.Your attitude sucks period.Grow up you LITTLE welp!!I or any one else here were not running to the defense of Jargo.he doesn't need it.
We were trying to make the forums a better place for you!So this "laimbrained babboon pretty baby" will now let you in on some informatio you are missing;You are a whine *** LITTLE punk and I personaly will be glad when you are run off these forums,which I predict will be soon.Your kind is not welcome here by me or most anyone else.
I tried to be friendly with you and you decide to insult me?That's fine.Enjoy your breif stay at Sir steves Forums.
Moderator please end this thread before it really gets bad.

GeneralKenobi
03-31-2002, 11:46 AM
Um I think Cotasnoova thought this was the whiny "My Little Pony" thread and just got lost...it's ok I was looking for the "Care Bears" customizing thread and I ended up here...oh wait I collect SW that's right, and I was told if I can't say anything nice then to not say anything at all but I never listen to anyone so...Cotasnoova from the bottom of my heart...I hope you find lots and lots of Ketwols and Senator Binks' on April 23rd.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2002, 11:47 AM
end this thread immediately!! what in the world?

Cotasnoova
03-31-2002, 11:49 AM
I take back all I said, I was just trying to make a point. Jargo called me several things, "little one," somehting about slapping upside the head, being wanty(if that is a word), wobbly, brat,and half-brained. After calling me all this everyone was saying it was his humor and I should take it in stride. So I turned around and called you people the same type of light names he called me and you take offense! What is the deal there. I even stated that what I was saying was humor, and you took offense. Maybe now you can see why I would take offense. He called me names and did not even inform me that he as being humorous at all. So I do believe that you are coming to his defense no matter what has transpired, and that it is very one sided. If you disagree, that is too, bad. But you said I should take it humorously. So why don't you take some of your own medicine.

And moderator, there is no reason to close this thread down, as you can see that when I poked at other people I informed them ahead of time that I was being only funny, and it was all in jest.

SaeseeTiin
03-31-2002, 12:19 PM
As before, I have to agree completely with Myanta, and say as now you make this points towards us, I agree entirely with what Myanta said. I can't be bothered to waste my time on you repeating it, except say I agree entirely.
BTW, I believe how Jargo put the faces on his thread shows he was joking, but I'm afraid it seems you are unable to take it.

STiin

Dave_Cameron
03-31-2002, 12:32 PM
Are there people as nasty as Cotasnoova everywhere on these boards? If there are I am not coming back. It seemed pretty clear to me that the person responding to his query was only joking. Sheesh!

sith_killer_99
03-31-2002, 12:53 PM
Actually, I have been here for a LONG time (1999) and these type of threads are few and far between.

SSG is one of the nicest, easygoing sites on the net!

BTW, I don't think EJ owns a Thesaurus, but he is from Roche Ferree!;)

Unit-01
03-31-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Cotasnoova
Dude, you need to relax, and take a breather.

Why don't you take your own advice?

Dryanta
03-31-2002, 07:34 PM
Dave Cameron(spelling).If what I said has effected your opinion of the fine people here than I am truely sorry.No,this sort of thing is rare and most of the time those instigating the whole thing are short lived.
I can tell the difference between humor and malicious.And so can any one else who read these whole thread.Now I will be as intelligent as Jargo was and walk away before this starts again.
Moderator please end this thread before the reputation of the people on these forums is damaged any further

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 12:50 AM
I willing to say sorry, is he. Sorry I took such offense.

NesteaFett
04-01-2002, 01:20 AM
Just stumbled into this. Think I'll be leaving. Have fun guys.

pthfnder89
04-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Cotasnoova
I willing to say sorry, is he. Sorry I took such offense.

It's not a problem that you were a little upset at Jargos comments, but I think the point that everyone is trying to make is that we all have our own personalities here, and you have to know people to see if they are serious or not. Generally sith_killer_99 is totally right. This is a great board to post on and everyone is usually friendly, even when there is a difference of opinion.

But you have to learn when someone is serious, and when they aren't. A lot of posters here have had some heated discussions with EJ (me included) but most of us also know that he's a good guy, and the only reason he's easy to argue with is because he likes to say whats on his mind. And isn't that what we are ALL here for? :)

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 11:24 AM
He didn't know me! He did not know my personalities. All you are doing is sticking up for someone who has been around, dissing the new guy. I said I was sorry and he cant say it.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 12:09 PM
and you're STILL at it.

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Why not keep going at it. I say I'm sorry, and what does he say...nothing. I say I'm sorry and then someone else has to go in on me. What do you think I am going to do, say I'm sorry ad then keep on getting beat down? Maybe Jargo should realize that i have my OWN personality and that maybe he should learn that before giving his belittling answers. But no one sees it tht way because they are too busy kissing Jargos rear end.

2-1B
04-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Dave_Cameron
Are there people as nasty as Cotasnoova everywhere on these boards? If there are I am not coming back. It seemed pretty clear to me that the person responding to his query was only joking. Sheesh!

No, they are pretty rare in my experiences here. Welcome Dave_Cameron :)

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 03:22 PM
It is all in good sport Dave. We are just arguing about something. I'm sorta the Devils Advocate around here even though I am new. But welcome to the boards.

Unit-01
04-01-2002, 05:32 PM
He probably wants nothing to do with this thread and doesn't bother reading it. Which most of us should be doing, so goodbye.

mylow thehutt
04-01-2002, 05:40 PM
:rolleyes: Man gone for two days and all hell breaks lose.any way
if we could put these petty squabls behind us and get back to the topic on hand. I also like the senatar's figure he is the best out of all of them in my book. also we need sly moor to complet the set. also what happen to Wat tember,saw i pic of him from the moive and he looks sweet!!:) wasn't he going to become a figure too. :)

JediTricks
04-03-2002, 03:26 AM
I do NOT want to see another thread like this EVER crop up on these forums; if more keep coming like this, there will be administrative action taken against every poster involved - anything ranging from an official warning all the way to permanent suspension. Take this post to heart, petty bickering and name-calling are absolutely unwelcome here no matter if you're a newbie or a seasoned veteran.

Thread closed.