PDA

View Full Version : Are those guys still in line for Episode 2?

JediDan
03-30-2002, 05:32 PM
Are those guys over in Portland (or is it Seattle) still waiting in line at the movie theater for Episode 2?? It's been a couple months now, wonder how they are doing?

browndroid
03-30-2002, 05:37 PM
hey, i heard about them. i wonder if they are still there...

PloKoon2385
03-30-2002, 09:27 PM
It is Seattle. It is the Cinerama built and owned by Paul Allen. They are still there... as far as I know... sigh... morons...

SithDroid
03-31-2002, 10:53 AM
How long have they been there now? It has been since January at least.

Pendo
03-31-2002, 12:26 PM
Try WaitingForStarWars.com (http://www.waitingforstarwars.com). there is some good info there.

PENDO!

2-1B
03-31-2002, 02:14 PM
Nice link Pendo, I like their teaser poster parody :)

It just seems "so three years ago" to me. There's not as much hype to this film (thankfully) yet these guys are doing it anyway. They're strange . . .

JediDan
03-31-2002, 04:08 PM
LOL those guys are still there.... I wonder if anyone else has joined them since. The website Pendo named says they started Jan. 1st. What about work? did they get a 5 month vacation? ;)

SithDroid
03-31-2002, 04:10 PM
I liked their parody posters as well. And at least we now have their faces and names to go by now. What I would STILL like to know is what kind of jobs do these two guys have? I couldn't support myself for almost 5 months just sitting around doing nothing.

JediDan
04-01-2002, 05:46 PM
Yes thats what puzzles me the most. How can they do it for 5 months? Do they leave during the day to work and come back at night? What do they do when they gotta take a dump and it's 2:00am and all the stores are closed? LOL things that make you go HMMMMM????

Mandalorian Candidat
04-02-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
What I would STILL like to know is what kind of jobs do these two guys have?

Isn't it obvious? They have government jobs.

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 12:02 PM
I live in Cleveland, OH and they STILL talk about... rather, make fun of them. I am so embarassed by them. I'm a STAR WARS geek, but not a total loser like those fat, smelly piles!

JetsAndHeels
04-02-2002, 12:04 PM
I agree with you JEDIpartnr.
Dont those losers have jobs? Families? Whats up with that?
I love Star Wars but there is no way in hell I would wait that long for a ticket.
They are going to feel pretty damn stupid when other fans in that area go up there the night before or opening day and get a ticket, after they waited all this time!!

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 01:23 PM
Fan-Dan-Go...

get your tickets on Fandango...!!!

JediDan
04-02-2002, 04:33 PM
I don't think these guys are doing it so much for the film but more for the publicity. Remember the people that waited, what was it, three months for Episode 1 to open at the (I think Chinese Theater in LA) They got huge publicity, and even got known by Lucas himself about their devotion, he even thought they were too extreme, LOL. I remember I showed up at 8:00pm for the Midnight premiere for Episode 1 and the people at the theater thought I was nuts. I was surprised I was the only person in line till 10:00pm, then at 11:00 they really started coming. But what was nice was after waiting in line (or should i say just standing there for an hour and a half) they let me in at 9:30 and let me sit in the theater, so I had the whole theater to myself for about half an hour. Got great seats for an OK movie. :cry:

Oh well back to the guys, I guess they are now making it a chairity drive which is pretty darn cool, so if you feel embarrassed by them just tell the people that they are doing it for chairity. See makes it all beter, lol.;) You gotta admit they doing their job well, look we got people all over the USA talking about them and I bet that's exactly what they were hoping for. Now wouldn't that be SO cool if Lucas himself showed up in line to say thanks for the free publicity for Episode 2 and for being such hardcore loyal fans, now that would truely make it all worthwhile for them. :)

Wolfwood319
04-02-2002, 04:38 PM
This is just sad. To be able to put 5 months of your life on hold just to see a movie. I remember when they were on the news a few months ago, and the next day at work I'd get "When are you getting in line?" I think its going to be funny that while waiting in line, people get tickets online and technically have them before they do.

Outside of the SW community, this movie has the same amount of hype surrounding it as "The Scorpion King." No one cares.

Having actually looked at their site, if you look at what there "waiting" in, its like an apartment in there. They have TV, internet, etc. Hardly waiting in line, just like a mobile apartment they set up by the theater.

SWAFMAN
04-02-2002, 09:10 PM
If I were the movie theatre manager, I'd quietly arrange an early sneak preview for a select group of fifty or so people, telling them to very carefully go to the BACK DOOR of the theatre for admission, so as not to alert the guys waiting at the front door. Then, after the screening, let the folks exit out the front door all excited and chatting about the movie they just saw.

but that's just me.

mabudonicus
04-03-2002, 02:19 PM
IMO that'd be the only twist in the story that could possibly right the wrong these two are doing to SW fandom as a whole. I just saw a bit on TV here saying that SW fans everywhere were "living vicariously" through them and it made me wanna DESTROY something.
Really, I'm more excited about AOTC than I can even express, but I'm sorta proud of the fact that I'm eagerly awaiting may 16 without trying to show everyone in town how "true" of a fan I am.
GODS OF METAL, PLEASE DESTROY THEM AND THAT FOR WHICH THEY STAND/LOITER!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

2-1B
04-05-2002, 01:00 AM
The Grauman Chinese Theater has now officially been infested, as a line officially started there yesterday. :eek: They give their payphone number and invite anyone to call them.

http://www.liningup.net/