PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Star Wars item that you own?

jedihunter25
03-30-2002, 07:15 PM
What is your favorite Star Wars item that you own?? For myself, it's between my Stormtrooper costume and my life size Yoda from Pepsi.

Beast
03-30-2002, 07:27 PM
Mine would have to be my Star Wars Trilogy: Definitive Collection Laserdisc Boxset, and my Star Wars Trilogy: Special Editions Laserdisc Boxset. Currenly the only way to see the movies crisp and clear, and in a decent widescreen format. Plus they will last alot longer then VHS cassettes. It sucks to consider that as time goes on, the original versions of the movies, if Lucas never releases them to DVD will become scarcer, and one day cease to exist almost entirely. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-30-2002, 08:23 PM
*grabs his original trilogy original VHS set and locks them in a prefectly sealed indestructable vault*:cool:

I guess I would have to say my major favorite piece is the whole collection itself as one piece. :)

It's hard to choose just one, you know? I guess one of top favorite pieces would be the huge banner I've got hanging above my Collection 1 POTJ figures on my wall which is from Wal-Mart and it says "Buy Episode 1 VHS [whenever]", I think it's 2x6.

InsaneJediGirl
03-30-2002, 08:40 PM
My favorite SW item I own would probably have to be my Darth Vader Metalized Mug.I never use it..save for a POTF2 Vader
hangin out of it...:D

Brave Sir Robin
03-30-2002, 08:58 PM
Ohhhh, that is a difficult question. I'd say my giant Darth Vader lifesize cutout.

DeadEye
03-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Mine is a picture of Boba Fett, autographed by Jeremy Bulloch himself...for real. I actually met the man!!!! :happy:

Rollo Tomassi
03-31-2002, 01:49 AM
There was a children's magazine back in the 70's called "Dynamite!" that my sister collected. One of the issues had an article about Star Wars and a little 16" by 22" poster with stills from the movie around the border and a little black square in the center that said "May the Force be with you!" I had that hanging in my bedroom since I was three years old (25 years ago) and then as I grew out of that phase, I took it down and put in a box with all my other childhood goodies. And forgot about it.

About two years I was rifling through all that old stuff, tossing a lot of it in the garbage and came across the poster. it was ratty and folded up, but it brought back memories of when I was a wee lad and all that, so I took it home, bought a frame and it now hangs in my Living room.

That's my favorite Star Wars item.

jeddah
03-31-2002, 04:05 AM
I go through favourite fads, so it can be anything from a simple Action Fleet Republic Cruiser to a 6" R2.

My most treasured possessions are the Action Fleet TIE-Defender test shot I got from Galoob in a contest on their old buzzboard, and of course The Star Wars Chronicles book.

Without a doubt, when my 1:1 scale R2 is finished, that will be my fave.

jeddah

good shot jansen
03-31-2002, 08:04 AM
the book, star wars chronicles is indeed my favorite star wars item.

i paid full price fer it back in 97 (i think), and it was worth every dollar. i believe you can find it for less these days 9of course i could be wrong about that), if you don't have it already, track it down, and add it to your collection, you'll love it...............innit!

bigbarada
03-31-2002, 09:44 AM
Since my brother was 10 years old (1982) he had a Boba Fett figure that he carried around with him everywhere he went even after he "grew-up" and joined the Army in 1992. This Fett figure passed between my brother and I over the years and has travelled the world between my brother's travels and mine. It's seen Germany, Saudi Arabia, France, England, Switzerland, Ireland, Sweden, Austria, the Netherlands, Egypt, Italy, and South Korea. I think it is probably the most widely travelled action figure in the world.

It took me buying my brother a 21-back carded Boba Fett to finally get full-custody of this loose, beaten up, yellowed action figure; but it is definitely my favorite Star Wars item of all time. Speculator values can never replace old memories.

SithDroid
03-31-2002, 12:14 PM
Mine would have to be my original Star Wars 1977 Insert Poster signed by Peter Mayhew and Anthony Daniels. Man if I could afford to go to Celebration II I'd get it signed by Kenny Baker and David Prowse. Oh well.

Jargo
03-31-2002, 12:58 PM
Star Wars? Pah! Hate Star Wars...........

I think my favourite has got to be the Mynock from the Mynock hunt cinema scene. it's such an oddity to have in the collection. All I can think to do is to stick him to the side of the Millenium Falcon. I wish I had more of them because one seems somehow lost and inadequate. pathetic really out of all the larger things I own like the royal starship and the fambaa and the ships and hundreds of figures, all I can think of is a tiny little unposable critter that serves no purpose. But the Mynock it is........ favourite yeah. :)

2-1B
03-31-2002, 02:08 PM
When I started collecting again sometime in 1993/4, I pulled out my vintage collection and only had 17 figures left. Since then I've replaced all of my lost vintage and loaded up with numerous other goods, but I'd have to say those 17 are my favorite SW possessions :)

jeddah
04-01-2002, 09:43 AM
Used correctly ;)

:D GSJ

jeddah

Mandalorian Candidat
04-01-2002, 02:49 PM
I would have to say my favorite SW stuff are the soundtracks to the four movies. I probably use them more than any other SW item. I also enjoy the trilogy soundtrack recorded by the Utah Symphony from the mid-90s. It has stuff from all three OG films including the full Jabba the Hutt theme played as a single song, not part of any other background music.

Besides that, I also like the original SW soundtrack LP I got when I was 7 or 8. I think it's just about the only vintage item I kept when I was a kid. Now, to find an actual record player...

Lobito
04-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Not counting the movies, i'll have to say the vintage Yoda. I'm not saying thats the best fig. but it has a sentimental value for me.:)

Brave Sir Robin
04-03-2002, 04:22 PM
some others...

Vintage Return of the Jedi storybook
I found this in the goodwill, in fairly good condition. I think someone was saving it and their parents threw it out without their permission

Millennium Falcon
By far the coolest ship I have.

AT-AT Walker
A close second.

Giant Episode 1 Banner
My friend Ronin got this for me, and before he had it I preseme it was hanging up in a wal-mart toy department somewhere.

Bootleg Star Knight
An unlicenced figure of Darth Vader sitting on a police motorcyle. I got it in Canada.

JediDan
04-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Mine I would have to say is probably the original Star Wars VHS Video Cassette with the hard casing and all. I must have watched that tape over 50 times when I was a kid. Not valuable yet it's priceless in my mind.:)

browndroid
04-03-2002, 09:59 PM
man, thats hard....i dont think i could pick just one thing, i would have to say my entire 120+ figure set, and the soundtracks of course

SWAFMAN
04-03-2002, 10:22 PM
sentimental favorite: Avon Star Wars Stein (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=43422#post43422) (because it was a gift from one of my kids)

style/coolness favorite: SWAF TIE Defender

international favorites: Aussie Jedi braid, Italian Rancor, Canadian Avon SWAF/MM's.

El Chuxter
03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
No contest: the Cruisemissile Trooper.

Darth Metalmute
03-10-2010, 03:51 PM
It's pretty hard to beat my AFA graded 9.0, 1st day issue Yarna.

El Chuxter
03-10-2010, 04:03 PM
They should take the legs off all the recalled Yarnas and re-release the torso, head, and arms in a familiar vehicle as Yarna: Cruisemissile.

Darth Metalmute
03-10-2010, 04:04 PM
I'd display that on my shelf at work. Move over Shadow Guards and Ape Homer, I got a new centerpiece.

bobafrett
03-16-2010, 10:03 AM
I think it would be my Obi Wan Kenobi mug that I won many years ago in the Star Wars fan club creativity contest.

Old Fossil
03-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Since my brother was 10 years old (1982) he had a Boba Fett figure that he carried around with him everywhere he went even after he "grew-up" and joined the Army in 1992. This Fett figure passed between my brother and I over the years and has travelled the world between my brother's travels and mine. It's seen Germany, Saudi Arabia, France, England, Switzerland, Ireland, Sweden, Austria, the Netherlands, Egypt, Italy, and South Korea. I think it is probably the most widely travelled action figure in the world.

It took me buying my brother a 21-back carded Boba Fett to finally get full-custody of this loose, beaten up, yellowed action figure; but it is definitely my favorite Star Wars item of all time. Speculator values can never replace old memories.

What a cool story. How's that Fett holding up today, BigB?

Neuroleptic
03-16-2010, 10:28 AM
My all time favorite? That's easy.

I have a 1985 R2-D2 with pop up lightsaber. I carried him with me everywhere I went for several years. I set him down one day for, I kid you not, 5 minutes, and my sister decided to break his legs off (She had done this to both my original version of R2, and my telescoping R2. Hents, why I kept this one with me).

Well, I kept him anyway all the way to 2006. Then I got to looking at him. His paint on his head was still good, and the sticker while worn and yellowed with time was in tact and the detal could still be seen preaty well. So I bougth a junked POTF1 R2 off ebay. It had no sticker, the head looked like it had been chewed, and the body had a crack in it. However, the legs where fine.

So, I fixed my old figure up by swaping parts around. Then I got a reproduction ligthsaber, coin, and cardback kit and have him hanging up next to a pure mint (save the crushed bubble) tri logo ROTJ R2.

Darth Metalmute
03-16-2010, 12:30 PM
My favorite as a child was the Kenner Boba Fett figure. I played with that weither I played Star Wars, Transformers, legos, etc. He was always the central character. Then I found out that they had a missle launch one and I was disappointed with mine. I tried to take it apart and make my own but ended up breaking the figure. I tried and tried to glue it together but it would never stick. My mother knew it was my favorite and went out to buy me a new one, but by then the line switched from movie to cartoon. Which is how I wound up with the Droids version of Boba Fett with Gold Coin.

My favoirte today is either my 12" Scout trooper with speeder bike or Boba Fett with Slave I. My 9 month pregnant wife got me the Speeder bike without having to ask her, because she felt sorry I couldn't find one. The Slave I with Fett I just like the way they displayed it. Those two items ae the only ones I could tell you where they are at any moment.

JimJamBonds
03-16-2010, 02:23 PM
I have a ROTJ garbage can that I got from one of my sisters for a gift waaaaaay back when I was a kid. Its oblong and on one side it has the 'good guys' and on the other side it has the 'bad guys' I still use that can to this day! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
03-16-2010, 04:32 PM
I have a ton of Star Wars stuff that I love, but I would probably go with my very first Star Wars figure, and original Chewbacca.

When I was young (approx 2 or 3) my Mom saved some poor kid's dropped Chewie from a gruesome, lawnmower-related death in my yard (which still would have been a better death than they gave Chewie in the EU). She cleaned him up and gave him to me. I became so obsessed with that toy she bought me more Star Wars toys and it snowballed from there.
Most of the detail paint is gone and the joints are beyond loose, but I still have it.

Or maybe it's my Phantom Menace VHS tape...

wawe1
03-16-2010, 07:31 PM
1. Kenner Death Star Playset

2. Vintage Landspeeder. (Lost it back in '79 until it showed up in 2005. It was buried in old school work of mine that my mom saved).

Old Fossil
03-16-2010, 09:18 PM
I have nothing left from my childhood Star Wars toys. Everything I have is from '95 onwards, though I have many vintage pieces.

I guess my fave is the BMF. It makes for a spectacular display piece and holds a ton of figures, as well has being an "instant diorama" for whatever I might want to stick on the shelf outside it. For example, right now I have the Rebel technician and transport carrying R2-X2, the Battlefront Rebel Fleet Trooper walking by, and Chewbacca (the recent Pilot figure) arguing with U-3PO, who is holding the plastic rods once held by that CG robot from outside Mos Eisley in the SE ANH... while two different R5 droids look on.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2010, 11:09 PM
I have an absolute ton of stuff (not just including the Hasbro stuff) so it's hard to pick a favorite. The BMF is near the top, if not the very top, for being one of the coolest, best-made products in my collection. As for sentimental favorites, I have several, but maybe something from the 1997 Taco Bell promotion; the magnetized Cloud City was the first Star Wars thing I ever got, so that's special to me.

CaptainSolo1138
03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Boba Fett Mighty Mugg. I'm not a particularly huge Fett fan, its just super-cool looking.

Warped
03-17-2010, 05:18 PM
My Millennium Falcon Sled. Its almost 3 feet by 2 feet. And yes I have used it once. I have never seen another one. I'm sure there are alot out there, but I've never seen them.

OC47150
03-17-2010, 06:50 PM
A yellow SW Lego piece that was handed out at Celebration 1 in '99. It's truly the only 'exclusive' item I walked away with from C1.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Wow this thread is a "Who's Who" of defunct SSG members.

My favorite has to be the Darth Vader Electronic Talking Bank that was prevalent around Episode I. It isn't rare or anything. In fact I picked it up on clearance at a K-Mart for $5 (It wasn't working from the button you can push through the box. I figured it just needed new batteries so I saved 75% off of it).

Sits on my desk at work.

jonthejedi
03-22-2010, 02:54 AM
Truly, after 30 years of collecting...the BMF, best SW Toy ever!(until walker comes out).