PDA

View Full Version : Anybody open the AT-ST?

Jayspawn
03-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Open! Thats a horrible word for some collectors. For those who have opened their POTJ or POTF AT-STs, How good are they? Do they stand well? Does the Driver figure sit well inside? Thoughts?

JediJeff77
03-30-2002, 09:06 PM
I opened mine and it's exactly the same as the original, and the POTF2 version.
Hope that helps.
-J

jedihunter25
03-30-2002, 09:24 PM
I bought two of them. I opened the one so I can put the Paploo figure in my vintage Ewok Village. The other one I'm saving for when I build my ROTJ shelf.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2002, 09:23 AM
but the speeder bike is for crap! The vintage one is so much sturdier. The springs are weak and the foot pedals are rubbery. The AT-ST itself is a gem, though. Glad I finally have one!

Jargo
03-31-2002, 09:42 AM
Well, I have both the POTF and POTJ versions having destroyed my vintage one in a firey blaze of death to a stormtrooper.... don't ask.

These newer ones are identical apart from the paint deco. They stand just fine unaided so long as you remember to push the latch at the back to lock the stomping action in the non stomping position. The stomping action itself is quite lame but fun all the same. It isn't so much a walker as a stamper stomper tantrum machine :) The cockpit is a bit wide to hold just one figure but not wide enough to hold two so the figure kind of slips around a little but he sits okay whoever you put in there. The hatch on top opens fine and doesn't snap off in your hands like a lot of opening doors and hatches do that use the same kind of hinges. Plus the entire top hinges back so you can access the cockpit properly. The side guns are a bit loose on mine so the ratchet isn't that tight a fit but the main forward gun is nice and stiff so holds its position and doesn't droop. :D :eek:

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 01:03 AM
I happened to stroll into Toys R Us one day and saw one Walker on the shelf. I snatched it up like a monkey on Bananas. Another piece for the collection I thought to myself, as I calmy rolled up to the cashier. It was then, that the terror started. The cashier grabbed the front plasitic and bent it all up! Darn....another piece for the collection destroyed. SO I bought it and gave it to my little brother to play with. I will turn him to Star Wars yet!

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 11:27 AM
...ship arriving too late to save a drowning witch!

he said "droop". :rolleyes:

Dave_Cameron
04-01-2002, 02:35 PM
I opened my Scout Walker and I love it. I'm not too crazy about the bike either, but that's the breaks. What is it with Hasbro using such bad materials? I'm new here, but I'm sure I could find a thread about this somewhere.

sith_killer_99
04-01-2002, 08:46 PM
You sure could Dave!

I open ALL my ships!!! I really like this one. I never got the POTF2 version, and from what I'm hearing I lucked out.

I didn't remove the speederbike yet. More interested in the AT-ST! I put an AT-ST Driver standing in the top with the little round hatch open. Looks good.

A minor complaint is that these are really not to scale. In the movie the cockpit was big enough for 2 drivers.

That is why I have my driver standing. It just looks better IMO.

:D