03-30-2002, 10:45 PM
What is with the Lollipop goo all over everything.I was looking
at some pictures at TradeFederation.net and even JarJars
senitoral "Staff" has this crud on it.

And what is with Plo Kloon holding the lollipop.Is it supposed
to be "The Force"?..:confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jedihunter25
03-30-2002, 11:04 PM
It's sapposed to be blast effects,jedi lightning effects,etc. They come with all the figures that are coming out now. You can take them off or leave them on. I myself don't care too much for them. When I got my Zam Wessel, I put it on the end of her gun. An hour later I looked at it and it ended up bending her gun really bad.:(

Wolfwood319
03-30-2002, 11:09 PM
Same thing happened to me when I put it on Zam's blaster. The barrel if the rifle is so soft it droops a lot with the "blast effect" at the end of the gun. I haven't had a problem though with Jango, Clone Troopers, etc.

jedihunter25
03-30-2002, 11:15 PM
Yeah, those arn't bad. But the blast effect itself is starting to bend on my Clone Troopers.

Lord Tenebrous
03-30-2002, 11:39 PM
Hasbro goes by the 2-second rule. If it stands for two seconds, it's worthy to be packed. :rolleyes:

Jar Jar has to have one of the crummiest accessories ever. It's just an Ep1 electropole (Tarpal's kind) with the electro effect.

Sure, it makes the bubbles more colorful, and yes, it does look nice in still photos, but I won't be disappointed when the blast/Force effects go away. Rather, I'll like them more when Hasbro goes back to rigid plastic.

jedihunter25
03-30-2002, 11:48 PM
It would be nice if they came with action stands (like the ones they have over at the Fan Club site) instead of goofy blast effects, force files,and com chips. Even though you can stand your figures on com chips, these action stands are much better and usefull.

LusiferSam
03-31-2002, 12:18 AM
Lollipops are defiantly a bad idea. As kid I might find this novel, but not as a collector. So far I haven't had any of them bend a gun, but the Clone Trooper's lollipop has bent itself.

LTBasker
03-31-2002, 04:58 AM
Hasbro's got their blast effects all screwed up! They're too over sized. For instance; Zam's effect goes better on a Clone Trooper or Battle Droid rifle, and Jango's effects goes well on Zam's rifle (it still bends from the "weight" a little though, have to prop it up) since it's a tiny sniper rifle, not some field blaster rifle. The best effects are Jango's, his guns can support them but, granted they're a little out of proportion but they also look great on the Clone Trooper, Battle Droid and Zam's guns, not too mention Jango's rocket pack.

The worst effect I think is the energy blasts on the lightsabers. That electricity stuff is ok, I mean you can just put it on your droids and it'll be a little better, but some of their blast effects are just not planned right, like Zam's. Typho's green effect is gonna be longer than his blaster!

JEDIpartner
03-31-2002, 09:48 AM
and here's yet ANOTHER thread saying what I and JARGO have been saying all along. I just had this feeling that HASBLAH would screw this up and that the lollipops were a bad idea... and it seems as though we were correct. The lollipops make the guns droop, THEY droop or they take the paint off the ends of the guns. Nice job.

I can't understand why they put that crap all over every single figure, InsaneJG. It's one thing to put it on a figure that needs to have it, but to stick it on Dexter or even JarJar is completely foolish. Those "force" effects look equally stupid. It looks so "Wonder Twins"- "I'll use my SUNSHINE powers to get him!" "I'll knock him over with my WATER BLAST!" "While you two are doing that I'll get them with my SPIN CYLCE and we'll clean up this town once and for all!!" :rolleyes:

Cotasnoova
03-31-2002, 10:39 AM
What if these lollipops on the figures were flavored?

InsaneJediGirl
03-31-2002, 01:42 PM
The only thing useful for lollipops is to help recycle them into plastic coke bottles.

I dont have any Preview figs because I didnt want them,and from
what I am hearing,it was best not to waste my money on something that will be re-released ten thousand more times.

Are the Lollipops just too heavy,or are the guns to rubbery?Probably both.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2002, 02:07 PM
They are too heavy and "un-blaster fire looking"- the guns... well- I didn't ASK for rubber bands now, did I?

LTBasker
03-31-2002, 03:54 PM
Ya know saying that it is foolish to put those electricity things on Dexter and Jar-Jar is wrong, you haven't seen the movie yet. R3-T7 has that same type of thing and yet no one complains about him having it? Jar-Jar has an staff that can shock people, the electric wrap piece fits in quite well with that and Dexter could quite possibly have some electrical mishap in his diner in which his spatula is caught in it.

I like the idea with the blast effects, especially since alot of the figures are just one pose wonders and meant for diorama purposes, the only thing that peeves me is they're out of proportion and badly done. They look like something from an anime cartoon. The Clone Trooper's effect looks like a malfunctioning phaser, and Zam's looks like her gun is exploding. Jango's are awesome though, I just wish he had come with more and they had put them with Zam and the Clone Trooper because they look more accurate that way, but no... all the figures are supposed to have their own "unique" blast effects.

Lman316
03-31-2002, 09:21 PM
I haven't noticed a problem with any of mine....and I've had them up, being displayed, for about 22 days (I'm pretty sure I got mine on the 9th of March).
Zam's is fine (I mean the rifle itself has problems, but the blast effect is fine), Jango's are fine and so are the Clone Troopers'. There is no bending on mine at all.
So, I don't - and never really did - have a problem with the blast effects. If you don't want 'em, send 'em my way.......I could always use extras in case I ever lose some :happy: .

Wolfwood319
03-31-2002, 09:31 PM
It was a noble attempt to try something new, and 3 out of the 4 figures that have it I like. Jango's are really cool, R3's is nice, and I have no problem with the Clonetroopers'. The only problem I have is that Zam's rifle is so rubbery the blast effect bends the gun. But the gun bends on its own anyway.

For the most part I like them since I'm a dio builder and they look good in action poses. The Jango is one of my top 5 favorite figures.

Darth Evil
04-01-2002, 06:51 AM
I've only got Jango and I think his blast effects are good. The action pose is a little annoying, putting the effects on his rocket pack is useless because of his pose! He looks cool firing though.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 10:48 AM
The pegs are slightly different sizes. Each lollipop has a specific peg it can fit on!

LTBasker
04-01-2002, 02:15 PM
I dunno, they seem to be able to comfortabley fit each peg, I've swapped the effects from figure to figure, they even fit on the Boomer Damage Battle Droid's blast rifle.

subMERGE
04-01-2002, 02:41 PM
Padme doesn't have a blasting effect either does she? This is my favorite figure out of the collection ( the figure isn't that spectaular, but I can't help not liking Padme) , and the blasting effects would ruin it.

mista_carrot
04-01-2002, 06:45 PM
At first I wasn't too happy about these lollipops, but I have to admit, I like Jango Fett's and even the Clone Trooper's blast-effects. Zam's is by far the worst as it doesn't even look right.

For those that still hate these things, here's a pic that shows they're good for something.

IcebergSlim
04-02-2002, 02:16 PM
Another day, more complaining about the blast effects. Some of you people are acting like these things are glued into place and are haunting your nightmares as you sleep. If you don't like them, how hard is it to throw them out or put them in a ziplock bag or something?

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 10:37 AM
awww YEAH! :)