PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin!

dexter_finster
03-30-2002, 11:02 PM
as of today I now own what I believe to be most of the new AotC figures scheduled for 4/23...

Battle Droid
Boba Fett
Captain Typho
Plo Koon
Shaak Ti
Tusken Mother and Child

Anakin
Obi Wan
Padme
Threepio
Artoo
Kit Fisto
Super Battle Droid
Jango

found at Walmarts in north-central WI...

2-1B
03-30-2002, 11:30 PM
Congrats on your finds, I wish we had such luck in the northeastern WI area . . . :(

What towns specifically? :)

dexter_finster
03-30-2002, 11:35 PM
Rhinelander had collection 2, Antigo had collection 1 and 2.

drizzit
04-02-2002, 09:17 AM
Any chance you picked up extras of any of these figures and would be willing to sell for cost plus shipping for a fellow Wisconsinite from the south who hasn't had any luck lately? please give me a email at jjakab@msn.com thanks for your time

dexter_finster
04-02-2002, 12:42 PM
sorry...didn't buy any extras...and I don't live in either of those towns...I may be looking again this weekend though...

drizzit
04-02-2002, 02:01 PM
if you happen to look this weekend and its not to much trouble keep me in mind. thanks

dexter_finster
04-13-2002, 12:12 PM
update from my end of the world:

Wednesday this week we found some Cap Candy at Target: the kind with a plastic character head surrounding a sucker. They had Vader, Anakin, Jango, Clonetrooper, Stormtrooper.

That same night at the grocery store we got the lightsaber Go-Gurt...

Today at ShopKo I found the puzzles and the board games (Stratego, Life, Epic Duels) and picked up the Life game for $19.99. Not too bad!

2-1B
04-13-2002, 05:41 PM
ShopKo? Damn, I was there today but never checked the games/puzzles. How much do the puzzles cost?

On Wed I found the deluxe wave ($10.99) and Slave I ($29.99) at Kmart, but today they are all gone. I think they were pulled because the pegs and shelf space were realigned. :(

At another KMart today, I found the trading card game, $1.49 for a pack of 5 cards.

dexter_finster
04-15-2002, 12:09 AM
Well as I stated yesterday, I found the board games at a few places here in the Wausau area. Last night I did some looking in Rhinelander. K-Mart had the puzzles and games, and that was it. :(

This morning, we headed out and took the long way home through Antigo (where I was able to get about 8 AotC figures 2 wks ago...) I wanted to check their Kmart first, because of the reports of recent Kmart finds. My 3 year old daughter told me "They probably won't have anything." She was right. I asked her when they would, and she said "In about 5 days." When we got out to the car, before we could go to WalMart, she decides to puke in the car, thus ending the shopping.

So I get us all home to Wausau, and I log on here, and see INDIANA's post about Kohl's having stuff, namely basic sabers, so I head there and get 5. Of course, my 3 kids want them as well as I do, so I decide to go on a road trip. I headed out to Green Bay at about 3:30 pm, and got there around 5. One out of their two Kohl's had the stuff, so I got 2 more sabers, but more surprisingly, *FIGURES*...they had a bunch of the collection 1's, but also the clonetrooper with red trim, and Deluxe Jango, Obi, and Dooku. I picked up the Dooku and Clonetrooper.

While still in Green Bay, I checked out a Shopko and 2 Kmarts and found nothing. I also went to Barnes and Noble, hoping to score the comic and/or the Jr. Novel. Nothing.

Then I get the bright idea to head to Appleton (30 minutes away) I'm on the cell phone with my wife getting directions to their Kohl's stores while driving around. (Not recommended! :\ )
Anyway, I managed to score the rest of the basic sabers I was seeking, and headed to a Kmart and Walmart there too with nothing. I hit Barnes and Noble just before closing, and managed to find the comic!!! :D Wow!

So, I hit the road at about 8:30 pm, getting tired as the adrenaline of the day wears off then the idea hits that I may have time for one more stop in Steven's Point at their Kmart. I didn't have a lot of hope as all the Kmarts I've been to so far have just had the games/puzzles if anything. So I kind of lazily amble down the aisle and what do I see: Slave I!!! So then I start *seriously* looking...they also had the Jedi Starfighter, but the figure pegs were full of PotJ stuff....however a lazy glance down revealed to me all the deluxe figs!!! So I picked up a Mace and looked for more stuff, mainly the electronic sabers some of you have written about. None to be seen. So I decide to just browse a bit while I'm there and I get to the end of the aisle and what is on the floor but both Dooku's and Anakin's electronic sabers! So I grab all this stuff, and some "C" batteries :p and go check out.

My head is just swimming! What luck! Now next Tues when I have off work and would've been shopping all day, I'll have time to sit home and read the novel once I get it!...

2-1B
04-15-2002, 01:15 AM
Wow, that's one hell of a roadie !

I too hit both of those Kmarts in GB. Did you see the AOTC card game packs at Kmart on the west side? (the one on Lombardi, next to Lambeau Field). It seemed odd that they were loaded with POTJ, but had no AOTC when those cards are sitting right by the figures. The "Big K" on the east side is the store that pulled their Slave I
ships . . .

What did Kohl's charge for figures? I never thought of looking in GB on Saturday, but I recall their prices being high during TPM.

Congrats on all of your finds, enjoy the goods and best of luck to you! :)

dexter_finster
04-15-2002, 07:13 AM
didn't see any card game packs...

figures were I think $12.99 for the deluxe ones and I can't remember for the regular ones....I try to save my receipts for writing the toys off taxes for my wifes home daycare, but that was the one receipt I misplaced.

The basic sabers were $7.99.

2-1B
04-15-2002, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the update, Dex. :)

Are there only 3 Wisconsinites here ?

JediDan
04-15-2002, 03:56 PM
I'm a neighbor... Minnesota... just north of Minneapolis. :)

2-1B
04-16-2002, 01:32 AM
Howdy neighbor! I've visited your state a handful of times, and always loved it. :) Last time I was there . . . Minneapolis in May of 2000.

J2-D2
04-16-2002, 11:06 AM
Green Bay's West Side Kohls (Bay Park Square) does indeed have Ep.2 in stock as of 11:00am 4/16.

Basic Figures $8.99
Deluxe Figures $10.99
Speeders $15.99
Starfighter $24.99

I only picked up one of each, and there looks to be at least two complete collections of each left.

2-1B
04-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Thanks J2-D2, I'm only 40 minutes away from there. It's tempting but I think I'll wait a week. :)

I've learned that a nearby Wal-Mart put out all of their AOTC (apparently they didn't have much) 2 weeks ago. It sold pretty quickly.

J2-D2
05-22-2002, 10:31 AM
Hey Wisconsinites!!!!

It's pretty late in the game, an I still haven't found any of the Bo Shek wave, or the latest two Saga waves. A friend of mine grabbed a few at the East side GB Wal-Mart, but I arrived too late, and haven't seen any since. Are there any of these on pegs around the rest of the state???

Feel free to e-mail back.
y2jj@a2nwo.com