PDA

View Full Version : Collection 1: Wave 2 (Carded Pics)

Beast
03-31-2002, 01:05 AM
Rebelscum now has decent front scans of 4 of the figures from the second wave of Collection 1 figures. Upoading them here, so that we can discuss about them, and incase they get removed.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Anakin Skywalker: Hanger Duel:

Beast
03-31-2002, 01:07 AM
CloneTrooper (Red):

Beast
03-31-2002, 01:08 AM
Yoda: Jedi Master:

Beast
03-31-2002, 01:10 AM
Zam Wesell: Bounty Hunter:

2-1B
03-31-2002, 01:16 AM
:( I was hoping the Anakin Duel would be worth buying, because I don't like the Outlander one . . . . so they are releasing a Doogie Howser version? *sigh*

Beast
03-31-2002, 01:19 AM
Well, thats 4 more of the 26 figures that Hasbro is saying will be avaliable before the movie opens in May. That brings the grand total of carded figures that we have seen images up to 23, meaning that there will be 3 more figures.

I think that most likely those last three will have to be: Count Dooku, Padme: Pilot, and probably Obi-Wan: Pilot. Though there has been some rumblings that Padme: Pilot will be held for now, and Luminara Unduli might be the one that gets released.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-31-2002, 05:02 AM
Hopefully the 23-26 figures won't get released until the beginning of May or something. 14-19 was great for an opening day amount of figures, but 23-26 is over-doing it.

Beast
03-31-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Hopefully the 23-26 figures won't get released until the beginning of May or something. 14-19 was great for an opening day amount of figures, but 23-26 is over-doing it.
I definatly agree, especially when we are supposed to get 52 figures this year, and almost half of them are coming out on April 23rd now. They could have toned it back just a little bit, or they are gonna run out of figures before fall even gets here.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

senator jar jar
03-31-2002, 04:10 PM
Lt Basker..

How could you say 23-26 figures is too many for the first night???? That would be a great number and if you couldnt or didnt want to get all you could pick and choose from a nice variety. 14 figures is NOT a variety. I say bring on 23-26 figures april 23...

CrossWizard
03-31-2002, 05:18 PM
Well, until we get any official confirmation that the HD Anakin, Zam, Yoda and Trooper are scheduled to be in stores on the 23rd Im not gonna get my hopes up.

LTBasker
03-31-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by senator jar jar
Lt Basker..

How could you say 23-26 figures is too many for the first night???? That would be a great number and if you couldnt or didnt want to get all you could pick and choose from a nice variety. 14 figures is NOT a variety. I say bring on 23-26 figures april 23...

Well there's gonna be alot of stuff to get than just the basic figures. At a rounded off price of Wal-Mart's $5.88 for after tax which is $6.50 (may be a little off the final price but it's a good estimate to plan with) 19 figures would $123.50. Just for one set, two sets would be $247. Then theres army builders, vehicles, etc. but with 23-26 figures it'd be $149.50-$169. Leaving alot less for vehicles and such.

Paul-Kenobi
03-31-2002, 08:51 PM
:eek: HOLY ZHNISER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anakin Hanger Rocks ! thats a must get!

hasbro well release thes fiugres in may right i hope so or ill be PO :mad:

Does Yoda come with a lightsaber ?

PS heres a new picture for all ya fans out there ;) plus its lose:D

Wolfwood319
03-31-2002, 09:23 PM
I like the HD Anakin more than that Outlander Peasent one, but it isn't the best figure. Does that Yoda come with a lightsaber? I like the red clonetrooper's accessories.

I think there are too many going to be released by the movie as well. Its a good thing I don't want most from collection 1:1, but a lot after that I want. Good thing I got my Tax return back.:D

2-1B
03-31-2002, 09:43 PM
Why are those lightsabers so thick and rough at the bottom of the blade? :)

CrossWizard
03-31-2002, 09:46 PM
Its the new lighsaber effect put into the blade to "show" that its made from energy.

Beast
03-31-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Does that Yoda come with a lightsaber?
He sure does, check out this loose pic, to see it. You can also see it in the packaging, right above the little "Force Action" sticker.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
03-31-2002, 10:29 PM
cool! Thanks, my Gungan friend.

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 12:18 AM
they can come out with as many figures as they want on opening night. I've got lots of old stuff that can go to my toy room to make room to display the new stuff. Of course it would be a pain becuase I have to buy an extra set for my little brother, that would get costly. But then I am trying to turn him to the Star Wars world at all cost. Muahahahah

(i am going to buy all the Jarjarbinks figures so no one else gets them. I shall save everyone from the pain. Maybe I'll have a public burning. No offense to thread starter. LOL)

2-1B
04-01-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Its the new lighsaber effect put into the blade to "show" that its made from energy.

You're joking, right? Please say you are :(

Beast
04-01-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
He's not joking Ceaser, do you have Eeth Koth by chance? All the new figures feature that lil energy flare at the base of the blade. Alot of people don't like them, some do. I think it's ok, gives the lightsabers some life, other then looking like just a clear plastic stick. If ya don't like it, just sand it down. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-01-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Cotasnoova
(i am going to buy all the Jarjarbinks figures so no one else gets them. I shall save everyone from the pain. Maybe I'll have a public burning. No offense to thread starter. LOL)

Anyone else reminded of that Burger Meister, Meister Burger dude from "Santa Claus is coming to town"?

The Jar-Jar Binks is a major improvement over the May 3rd Jar-Jar, most definitely. I can't wait to get this figure! I might even buy extra to customize for misc. Gungan senators. :cool:

Originally posted by Caesar

No joke, personally I don't see how it fits in with the lightsabers from the movie, blasters are one thing, but lightsabers just merely extend when they ignite, theres no energy blast, no light flash, no major things, they just ignite... Well unless you hit it against a wall as you ignite it. :p