PDA

View Full Version : What exactly does Yoda's platform do?

Hellzer
03-31-2002, 12:25 AM
As I sit here ogling over the new AOTC figure scans, I'm wondering what exactly is that platform thing that comes with Yoda suppose to do? Does it launch him into the stratosphere or does it just make him appear that he's levitating or something? I didn't read much into the spoilers concerning his big fight scene with Dooku, so I'm not sure if it somehow ties into the action sequence. Does anybody have any ideas?

Emperor Howdy
03-31-2002, 02:57 AM
I think the trailer shows him just cruisin' down the hall, riding on it, talking to Mace.....chillin' on his G-Plat....ya know what I'm sayin'? Word.

I will never do that again.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2002, 11:01 AM
that's holding Obi-Wan in the cave on Geonosis? I seem to recall seeing it in the arena pictures as well.

I don't think that Hellzer was referring to the repulsorchair. I could be wrong, though.

2-1B
03-31-2002, 02:40 PM
There's a pic of Yoda and Mace on some sort of meditation platforms, maybe it's one of those?

Just a guess . . . :)

Battle Droid
03-31-2002, 03:07 PM
The thing that holds Obi-Wan on Geonosis comes with the Arena Playset. The thing with Yoda is something different.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 01:45 PM
It looks like the same type of gizmo... maybe it's just some Geonosis thing.

Jargo
04-01-2002, 01:57 PM
It's a geonosis Bidet that Yoda is having fun with...... :eek: did I just say that? Norty me!

I think it's some sort of power thingy for the Geonosians ships that sits in the hangar bay where the fight takes place. Yoda probably uses it it to gain some height on Dooku. But with him being in a sort of hover mode above the platform i haven't a clue what all that is about. maybe there is a secret flipping switch or something. i noticed that part of the base is a seperate piece. One of the four lugs at the bottom has a break away feature so maybe Yoda does a vader and sends things flying at Dooku. But then that would be aggresion and Yoda can't show agggresion can he? here's a pic that shows the breakaway part at the base. Sorry it's so small but it takes less time to download that way :)

Dave_Cameron
04-01-2002, 02:28 PM
A bidet! That would wash the green out of him!

Hellzer
04-01-2002, 04:27 PM
I think you're on to something, Jargo. I bet it is just a platform that Yoda stands on in order to be a little more eye-to-eye with Dooku, and then maybe Dooku blasts it apart with force lightning but Yoda doesn't budge by levitating in the same spot he was in before sans platform.

But the bidet theory makes a lot of sense too :rolleyes:. It would certainly make for a much more interesting "force action" feature :crazed:.