PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter

Pendo
03-31-2002, 05:30 AM
Just wishin an Happy Easter to everyone...

Hope you get loads of chocolate :)

PENDO!

DeadEye
03-31-2002, 08:39 AM
Thanks. I'll be getting Jedi Knight 2 as my present. :D

Dryanta
03-31-2002, 09:03 AM
Thank you Pendo and happy easter to all from me as well :)

sith pedagog
03-31-2002, 10:30 AM
Happy Easter! The bunny brought me all three sets of the 25th Anniversary figures! plus a Darth Vader iron-on decal for my shirt. Way to go bunny rabbit, but I think my wife had something to do with it.:confused:

bigbarada
03-31-2002, 11:11 AM
Easter is the holiday where we commemorate the death and resurrection of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, by telling kids that a giant bunny rabbit... came and laid chocolate eggs in the night.

:confused:

No wonder our kids are so screwed up! If you're just gonna make stuff up, why not tell them that a goldfish left a Lincoln Log in their sock drawer? At least the idea of a goldfish dragging a Lincoln Log across the room to some kid's sock drawer has some kind of miraculous connotation:

Little Johnny: Mummy, I woke up this morning and there was a Lincoln Log in me sock drawer!
Mommy: That's the story of Jesus!

I don't agree with everything Bill Hicks says; but he was right on the money with this observation. Anyways:

Luke Chapter 24, verses 3-8:
Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee saying, 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful man, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.' " And they remembered his words.

Dryanta
03-31-2002, 11:32 AM
Thank for that Big B,you're right on the money

sith pedagog
03-31-2002, 12:47 PM
Oh my goodness. You have a lot to say bigbarada. Well let me respond. First this is a Star Wars website. I responded to Happy Easter and made a joke. I don't teach anyone about an Easter Bunny because I don't have kids. I'm almost willing to bet that you grew up thinking there was an Eater bunny however. Are you screwed up? Yes, the current rash of bombings in Israel is definately the responsibility of the Easter Bunny!! That is why the world is so screwed up! YOU GOT IT!!
By the way, the real reason that the world is screwed up is because of religious fanatics who impose their ideas on all others and will not accept anyone who feels differently whether they are Christian, Jewish or Muslim.
Anyway I spent my morning in the church and I will spend this evening reading the word. After I read your passage one other came to mind.

Mark 11:25-26 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop--leave it, let it go--in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your (own) failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings."

These verses are perhaps some of the least applied Scriptures in the Kingdom of God. Somehow

By the way, Happy Easter to you, in all honesty, and may your family be blessed on this sacred day.

2-1B
03-31-2002, 03:26 PM
I was raised on Jesus, Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. I'm not screwed up.

Well, I am screwed up but it's not from that :D

Emperor Howdy
03-31-2002, 03:59 PM
Well, I for one am VERY screwed up......no...I mean REEEEEEALLY screwed up....but my dog told me the spaceman said I couldn't talk about it. :D

Anyway, Happy Easter to everyone too!

.....and BigB.....amen, brother!

derek
03-31-2002, 05:21 PM
emperor howdy,

after a hiatus, you're on a roll as of late. keep it up!:)

Rollo Tomassi
03-31-2002, 05:44 PM
And I quote Eddie Izzard...

"Eggs are for fertility. Rabbits are for shagging. It's a spring festival."

Happy Easter everybody!:D

LTBasker
03-31-2002, 06:16 PM
I just like Easter cause it was another day to get presents when I was little. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-31-2002, 06:34 PM
Happy Easter to all!

Also, if you don't plan on eating your black jelly beans, send them over to me! :D

bigbarada
03-31-2002, 10:10 PM
sith pedagog, my post wasn't meant as a personal attack against you, it was just to show my general frustration of how twisted and meaningless Easter has become. I feel the same way about Christmas and Santa Claus. If it came across as a personal attack, then I apologize.

And, no, I was never raised to believe in the existence of an Easter Bunny or Santa Claus. My dad, being a Baptist preacher, thought it was important that we knew the true meaning behind the most important of Christian holidays.

No hard feelings, Happy Easter and may God bless you and your family!

Emperor Howdy
04-01-2002, 12:15 AM
Hallelujah, BigB!! Preach it, brother!! We ALLL know the truth about Satan Claus!! Can I get an amen!?!?

AMEN!!!

I said, can I get an AMEN!!??

AMEN!!!

That's what I'M talking about!!! Praaaaaaaise Jesus!!!

Sorry....I don't do a very good southern black preacher. :(

2-1B
04-01-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
Also, if you don't plan on eating your black jelly beans, send them over to me! :D

Thanks for that offer LBC, but I solved that problem years ago - I try to focus on only Starburst and Jolly Rancher beans, so I don't have to deal with those horrible black licorice flavored ones :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-01-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Caesar

Thanks for that offer LBC, but I solved that problem years ago - I try to focus on only Starburst and Jolly Rancher beans, so I don't have to deal with those horrible black licorice flavored ones :D

Caeser, I got an egg full of Jolly Rancher jelly beans today and let me say that I prefer good old fashioned jelly beans--the kind you by bulk at the supermarket. The Jolly Rancher ones are just too sweet for me. And yes, they do have black ones but they don't have that peculiar licorice flavor.

2-1B
04-01-2002, 01:38 AM
LBC, how about Jelly Belly? Those are freaky . . . ever since I got nailed with a "butter popcorn" flavored bean, I refuse to eat them! :D

My calendar says it's Easter Monday in Canada, so I wish our Canadian friends a happy Easter Monday :)

2-1B
04-19-2003, 04:05 AM
HEY! WHAT'S WITH THE RELIGIOUS THREAD ! ? ! ? ! :mad:

Oh, it's a year old, my bad. :p

Yeah, my stance has not changed at all about these jelly beans - I took down a bag of Starburst beans last week and wow are they delicious. I really like the green apple flavored bean - it's not my favorite in the bag (that would of course be cherry or orange) - anyway, about the green apple:

I guess it goes back to Skittles. They always had that annoying Lime flavored Skittle until Oompas came along with the tasty green apple. Ever since, I've paid special attention to Green Apple flavorings in lieu of Lime. It's just my preference, I guess. :)

So . . . LBC . . . have you converted in the past year? Have you graduated from those bland and crummy old school jelly beans? :crazed: