PDA

View Full Version : 12" I'd like to see happen!

Tycho
03-31-2002, 07:56 AM
Dear Hasbro:

This is a list of the 12" you can do that I think would sell!

They are all from figures you have already made for the 3 3/4" line, but new 12" ones would ROCK!

So Make 'Em!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Momaw Nadon

Hoth Rebel Soldier

Probot (once planned)

21B & FX-7 (2 pack)

Lando Skiff Guard (once on your list before!)

Rebel Fleet Trooper

Garindan (once on your list before)

Weequay (once on your list before)

Gamorrean Guard (once on your list before)

Nien Numb

Dr. Evazan

Uncle Owen / Aunt Beru 2-pack

Endor Rebel Trooper

Leia Ewok Princess

Lando Alliance General

Lak Sivrak

Logray

Ishi Tibb (on the 12", go ahead and make the Rebel agent)

Admiral Piett (should have been in this wave with Zuckuss / Dengar)

General Veers (with Hoth accessories option)

Ree-Yees

Mon Mothma / General Madine (2 pack)

Leia Bespin Gown

Leia Endor Gear

Tessek

Duro

Zutton

Nabrum Leids

Labrina

Teebo

R4M9

R3-T7

Max Rebo (supposedly confirmed)
Droopy McCool (Supposedly confirmed)
Sy Snootles (supposedly confirmed)

Ephont Mon

Paploo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle Droid on STAP

SENATOR Palpatine (once planned - so please make him!)

Darth Sidious (electronic once rumored - please!!!)

Gasgano

Ki Adi Mundi (supposedly confirmed)

Anakin Skywalker (Jake Lloyd as Padawan)

Nute Gunray (once planned)

Rune Haako

Destroyer Droid (supposedly confirmed)

Master Yoda - with 2 legs and lightsaber!

Adi Gallia

Captain Panaka

Naboo Royal Security

Naboo Royal Guard

Queen Pre-Senate

Queen Post-Senate

Queen Theed Ceremony

Gungan Warrior

Plo Koon (supposedly confirmed)

SaeSee Tiin

Shmi Skywalker

Eeth Koth

--------------------------------------------------------

Padme Arena Battle (supposedly confirmed)

C-3PO with junk coverings

Kit Fisto

Tusken Mother with Child

Boba Fett (E2) - with Jango 2 pack?

JarJar Senator

Dexter Jettster

Geonosian Warrior (winged)

Chancellor Palpatine

Clone Commander (supposedly confirmed)

Zam Wessel

Orm Fre Taa

--------------------------------------------------------------

And I can think of others, but you already made figures of these in the 3 3/4" size. Now make them bigger!

Let the fun begin!

evenflow
04-01-2002, 03:46 PM
Yeah what he said....I would also like to see a 12 inch Jabba the Hutt.

mark2d2
04-03-2002, 05:04 AM
Dang! That sure is some list. Slightly more choosey, I'd be more than happy to just see the following . . .

2-1B
Duro
FX-7
Hammer Head
Snaggletooth
R4-M9

Now get to it, Hasbro! Chop! Chop!

Tycho
04-03-2002, 02:12 PM
True it's a big list, but I EXPECT Hasbro to announce and confirm all of those within the next week ;)

Seriously though, Mark, while I really like your pics for the Action Collection, your six choices would only last the line 2 standard waves (of 3 figures each) or so. As Hasbro has the license for 5 more years at least, we should get at least a dozen figures per year in the standard waves, not counting exclusives.

I recommended 73 figures (approximately and double-counting for 2-packs, Band Pairs, etc.)

Hasbro could make just about ALL of these over the next 5 years, or 60 of the 73 of them in standard, quarterly assortments of 3 figures per quarter!

That does not include Episode THREE figures however, but some of these can be exclusives including the 13 that wouldn't be counted amongst the 3-per-quarter rule.

Even at $20 each, it makes Hasbro $60 per quarter from each 12" collector, or $240 more per year from all of us.

The math works out. I think they should do it! I mean most of the time they are saving by recycling the same GI Joe body, it's just clothes, head and hand sculpts, plus packaging and shipping costs, right?

So they CAN do this wish list, can't they guys?

Tycho
04-03-2002, 02:19 PM
Our 12 off this list for THIS year would seem to be:

Ki Adi Mundi (Fan Club Exclusive? - that's the rumor)
Plo Koon (Fan Club Exclusive? - that's the rumor)
Clone Commander
Padme (Arena Battle)
Zam Wessel (not confirmed!)
Max Rebo
Droopy McCool
Sy Snootles
Kit Fisto (not confirmed!)

and we are so close to

Weequay
Lando Skiff Guard
Gamorrean Guard

and I think I left Oola off my list by mistake. I definitely want her!!!

mark2d2
04-03-2002, 04:11 PM
Yeah, Tycho. In "theory" they can. I was just narrowing it down to the one's I'd absolutely "DEFINITELY" pick-up. I'm getting more and more choosey these days. But, I must admit, I'd be a sucker for these next "additional waves" from your list.

GARINDAN
NABRUM LEIDS (this IS the four armed, gasmasked cantina patron, correct?)
BESPIN LEIA

R3-T7
WED 15 SEPTOID "2" (spider droid at Jawa sale)
POWER DROID (gonk!gonk!)

As you can see I am very partial to droids . . . The last three would make a really great "6 wave don't you think?

2-1B
04-03-2002, 05:10 PM
A Gam Guard could be AWESOME ! :) I can picture him now, so rotund with cloth and leather accessories. They could even do a removable helmet, unless it wouldn't be able to fit his head properly . . . detailed horns and protruding teeth would be cool in the 12" line. Make him, please :)

Mark, I'm pretty choosey too. But I guarantee I would buy the Guard, as well as Snags, 2-1B, and FX-7 :)

Tycho
04-03-2002, 08:15 PM
Yes, Mark: that was Nabrum Leids with the 4 arms. He WOULD make an awesome 12", wouldn't he?

Caesar: I was almost drooling like a Gamorrean over your description of a 12" Action Collection one! Wow that would be awesome!

However, this is Hasbro - with the cost put in for the new molds obviously required for the Gamorrean's unique build - he's going to be all plastic like Watto was, if they do him. (I'd bet). However, what a great sculpt it would be (at least!).

Anyway, the latter is the version they could sell for $20. The one with all the extras sounds like an exclusive with a high price tag to me. But heck: I'd pay for that kind of quality! Are you in Ceasar?

Let's get him!

dr_evazan22
04-03-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Dear Hasbro:

Dr. Evazan

Hey, I'm all for that!

A lot of great choices. I's buy everyone of those!
The thought of a Gamorrean Guard makes me salivate too!

I think hasbro should do a Fan's Choice in the 12" category.

jedihunter25
04-03-2002, 11:16 PM
I'd like to see a 12" Swoop Bike w/ Anakin.:)

evenflow
04-04-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
A Gam Guard could be AWESOME ! :) I can picture him now, so rotund with cloth and leather accessories. They could even do a removable helmet, unless it wouldn't be able to fit his head properly . . . detailed horns and protruding teeth would be cool in the 12" line. Make him, please :)

I so totally agree.

RooJay
04-09-2002, 05:07 AM
I for one don't care to see anymore 12" Star Wars...EVER! At least not until Hasbro does them right. They are all poorly detailed, with horrible inaccurate sculpts on HUGE heads, with the same poorly articulated and massively over-muscled bodies that most 12" manufacturers gave up years ago. The 12" market is so big now that I think Hasbro is really missing out with the simple, inaccurate, uninspiring crap Hasbro has been trying to push on us. Look at how cool the Marmit figures look! Why can't all 12" Star Wars figures look at least that good? If you can hear me Hasbro: take a look at what companies like BBI, Dragon, and Sideshow are doing; Star Wars can and SHOULD be at least that good! Hell...the same goes for your recent G.I.Joe crap! Why should I waste my money on your stuff when, for just a little more (and sometimes for the SAME PRICE!) I can buy a figure from Sideshow or Dragon that looks freakin' REAL?:mad:

Tycho
04-09-2002, 08:29 AM
Roojay,

It might be safe to assume that you don't have Anakin and Obi-Wan from Attack of the Clones yet.

I got these figures (and the Clone Trooper) early, but they are amazing!

One thing I found about "limited poseability" is that the figures DO have an important articulation that's hard to become aware of.

To get them to double-handle their lightsabers, you have to push up their sleeves almost all the way, there you will see that for whatever reason, their arms are twisted so their elbows don't bend naturally. Simply allign the joint right, and then they will. Now you can pose their arms almost any way you want.

I think the only other upper-body movement a Hasbro 12" can NOT do, is swivel their arms (on a ball and socket joint) straight upward to their sides (like the Aurra Sing 3 3/4" figure).

As to the next useful articulation they are lacking? Probably an ankle swivel joint. Common in 21st Century Soldiers, this articulation helps some fighting poses for martial arts moves or for squatting or kneeling in sniper poses. It could be very useful on a Clone Trooper or Boba Fett figure, or Han Solo for that matter - but it should be standard on all 12". As to ball and socket joints by the groin and / or swiveling at the mid-thigh - these are debatable as to how useful they'd be. For a Star Trek figure to sit in the captain's chair - or for the Emperor to sit on his throne, it could be very useful, though old Palpatine doesn't sit "ready for some action" quite like Captain Kirk ;)

For female figures (a different body mold from head to foot), this becomes more important if they are to sit "lady like." Unfortunately, (or maybe not), I've never undressed 12" Leia figures like Hoth or Bounty Hunter Disguise to learn what kind of body they are using for lady figures, versus the Barbie body that seems to look good (if nothing else) on the "less dressed" Leia's like the Bikini Slave Outfit that came with R2D2. Aesthetically, it looked way better than the single-boxed Slave Leia released later. At least for the reason that she didn't have large, obviously noticeable joints being apparent.

But some of the articulation I suggested might be useful. Did I forget any?

RooJay
04-09-2002, 05:00 PM
I have seen all the photos of the 12" Anakin, Obi Wan, and Clonetrooper, and unless Hasbro made major changes from the prototypes their heads are all massive and out of proportion. I'd also be willing to set aside my reservations about the articulation on these guys if they'd just use a more appropriate body type. Very few, if any, of the characters in Star Wars have the physique of a bodybuilder. They are just way to inappropriately and inaccurrately bulky, and I think if Hasbro would use a trimmer body type that the costumes would be much easier to get right, and would look infinitely better! I do not have ANY 12" Star Wars figures, which is sad because I actually want them. I just want them done right! I consider the original vintage 12" line to be much more accurate than what we have now. Now those were beautiful! I will admit, though, that the Count Dooku figure looks like a vast improvement over the other figures from what I've seen! He looks Sideshow quality, and they definitely used a thinner body style for the prototype at least. Why can't we get more like that? I admire and appreciate you trying to sell me on the 12 inchers though.

Tycho
04-09-2002, 06:18 PM
When they came out with 12" Han Hoth on TaunTaun, I caved in and said "That's it! I gotta get these!"

I was able to still find the ones I'd missed at that point, and to this day, collect most of them. (but not all)

bigbarada
04-14-2002, 12:48 AM
I saw the prototypes for the E2 12" and was a little disappointed with the Anakin, Obi-Wan and "balloon-headed" Clonetrooper. I sincerely hope you are right Tycho when you say they are amazing, because if they look anything like those horribly misshapen prototypes then I am afraid I will have to pass. Even though I really want the Anakin figure.

I thought most of the figures for the Ep1 line were very well done, especially the Portrait Edition Amidala and Qui-Gonn figure. He was actually the correct height and didn't use the standard short body that the regular release Qui-Gonn did.

Same with the Sith Lords 2-pack Vader, very well done. The lack of articulation doesn't really bother me too much, but what really impresses me is the choices of materials they use for the clothing.

All I really want right now woud be a Podracer Anakin figure with a removable racing helmet and maybe include another podracer as a pack in.

However, if Hasbro made a 12" Emperor with his throne I would be ecstatic!

2-1B
04-14-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Caesar: I was almost drooling like a Gamorrean over your description of a 12" Action Collection one! Wow that would be awesome!

However, this is Hasbro - with the cost put in for the new molds obviously required for the Gamorrean's unique build - he's going to be all plastic like Watto was, if they do him. (I'd bet). However, what a great sculpt it would be (at least!).

Anyway, the latter is the version they could sell for $20. The one with all the extras sounds like an exclusive with a high price tag to me. But heck: I'd pay for that kind of quality! Are you in Ceasar?

Let's get him!

Oh, I'm in alright. ;) I really like the 12" line, and even though I don't collect much from it, there are some characters that (if done well) would put themselves in my cart. Gam Guard is one, as well as 2-1B and FX-7. Bossk is a good example, when I found the bounty hunter wave he was an automatic purchase. The other mercenaries needed some consideration.

On 4/23, the first two items I'm grabbing are 12" Anakin and Obi-Wan. :)

derek
04-14-2002, 02:19 AM
caeser,

after you pick those two dudes up, mosey on over to the military area and get you some 21st century super soldier carded figures so you can play dr. frankenstein.:)

roojay,

i hear ya brother! i've been complaining about this same thing for what seems like forever, or actually a few years ago when dragon started up.:) these sculpts are actually pretty good, and after you toss the 1993 hasbro body and slap the head on a super soldier body, you'll be satisfied. it aint BBI or dragon, but they are improving.

tycho,

didn't both versions of the slave leia have the barbie bodies? i'm sure they did, but mine now have g.i. jane bodies.
where did you hear anything about a episode 2 padme? i'm hoping for this one, but i hope they scrap the barbie body. my biggest complaint about the portrait edition amidala in battle outfit is that the clothes won't fit on anything else, they are too tight. all my other leia figures now have the jane body.

as for the 12 inchers i'd really like to see:

1. nute gunray
2. captain panaka
3. naboo pilot
4. rebel fleet trooper
5. jabba with throne(electronics in throne)

Sith Worm
04-18-2002, 03:16 PM
I would like to just see A Chewbacca that didn't look like a chocolate bunny or my cats last hair ball...

Adrian Smith
04-28-2002, 09:25 PM
At this stage I would be happy if Hasbro even released the latest 12" figures in Australia. People are saying that it will be this month, but with only one day to go I can't see this happening.

Eternal Padawan
06-09-2002, 10:28 AM
So...
Basically you want all the 3 3/4" figures made into 12" figures also?

Why didn't you just say that? It takes less time...

Tycho
06-09-2002, 01:15 PM
Exactly how many Luke Tatooine 12" would that be then?:D

Let me think: there must be 3 3/4" that we do not need as 12".

OK: I thought about it quickly. Nope. I don't know if I'd buy them all though.

I think I've listed in this thread what I am most interested in. I didn't check, so hopefully there are a lot of Padme Amidala's listed there as well (in my "wants list")

JediWannaBe
06-09-2002, 07:13 PM
Saw this, I suspect most of you know about the 12" Ki Adi Mundi already? Whats the story on this figure? Exclusive or not? Only one online vendor has him in stock and a few Hong Kong "dealers" on Ebay. No other online dealers even list him as coming soon? (sorry to ask, I am a newbie)

http://209.10.72.239/detail.asp?product_id=swepii127

Tycho
06-09-2002, 07:24 PM
He's going to be an Official Fan Club exclusive sold (likely at a reasonable price this time - that's 24.99 or under I'd hope) and he'll be made available on their website and at 1-800-TRUE-FAN soon.

I don't know if you'll have to be a member. If not, it would be cool if members got him for 19.99.

Don't order this item from overseas or whatever. It will ultimately be cheaper from the Fan Club once it gets started. And I doubt they'd make a rule "members only" for the purchase. They never do.

The rumor is that the Fan Club is going to have ALL the Jedi Council Members made as 12" exclusives, offering 2 per year.

The other for THIS YEAR, is supposedly Plo Koon.

Considered "done" or less likely because it's been done in some form are Mace and Yoda. (now Ki and Plo Koon).

SaeSee, Eeth Koth, Adi Gallia would all be awesome! If they do E2 Council Members in this lineup, then Shaak-Ti would make a great one.

I'd like to see Luminara and Bariss, and especially Kit Fisto, but they are NOT Council Members. So this depends on whether they are strictly interpretting the rule 'the character HAS to be on the Council, or they'll just make cool Jedi in general). Hope that at least these last 3 I mentioned could be made as regular line figures if they won't be carried as part of the Fan Club line.

But this is a case where I like exclusives.

Eternal Padawan
06-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Jedi seem pretty easy to do since their bodies and costumes are all rather similar. Thay all wear the tan Jedi clothes and a brown robe. So the only thing that needs to be planned out is different head sculpts. The designers are sitting over at Hasbro, slurping on their grand lattes, munchin' on thier scones goin'

"Should I make the effort to sculpt a really nice Kit Fisto head with all those tail things? or should I just slap a bald head on a body and call it Mace Windu? The bald head means more time for PS2! Mace it is!!"

I often wonder what Hasbro's criteria for deciding which 12" to make is. Convenience seems to be pretty high on the list. That's why I don't think you'll ever see a Momaw Nadon 12" because his body isn't your typical G.I.Joe human body and they seem reluctant to put the extra effort onto making the WHOLE body rather than sculpting a nifty head.

Tycho
06-10-2002, 02:25 PM
Hands / arms might also need to be uniquely sculpted for certain Jedi like Plo Koon.

dr_evazan22
07-27-2002, 08:40 PM
I posted this idea in another thread tonight, but happened to come across this and I thought I'd share.

I want a 12" Battle Droid on Stap!

This would be so cool to have hanging from my ceiling!

Darth Cruel
07-28-2002, 01:37 AM
4 points that I would like to make are:

1) One of the main reasons the heads are so big is because the material used to make the costumes is regular cloth. It is way too thick for this size figure, so they have to make the heads big or the costumes will look too large. What Hasbro needs to do is start thinking like some of the better 12" companies and use material properly proportioned to the size of the figure. Then they can make the heads the right size.

2) I would like to see Hasbro give the 12" work to a company who would do it with more heart.

3) I would like to see every possible character and ship made into figures. IF they are selling, Hasbro has nothing to lose. Once again...IF they are selling.

4) I would also like to see more than 3 12" figures per quarter. I would prefer to see maybe 3 per month not counting exclusives (9 quarterly would be acceptable). I am 37 years old and would like to complete my collection before I die of old age.

Thanks for continuing to not pay us any attention Hasbro...I mean thanks for taking the time to read this Hasbro.

Geonosian
08-01-2002, 08:22 AM
A geonosian warrior would rule.

mini-rock
09-06-2002, 12:42 AM
Ultimately I'm happy with all the 12 inchers I own. Some figures, from AOTC I would like to see in 2003 are:

1) Any female Jedi
2) Kaminoan on Aiwas
3) Dexter
4) Any Jedi Council member
5) Chancellor Palpatine
6) Padme (Naboo Pilot Disguise)
7) Lama Su & Taun We (2 pack)
8) Blue Clonetroper (Pilot)
9) Sly Moore & Mas Amedda (2 pack)
10) Poggle the Lesser
11) Tusken Female w/ child (2 pack)
12) Boba Fett
13) Cliegg, Owen, Beru (3 pack)
14) Jocasta Nu
15) Senator Jar Jar Binks
16) Anything Padme (Portrait or Action)

BUT! What I would like to see more than anything I have listed is an electric Yoda & Dooku 2 pack with every line of dialog between them in the hangar. This one needs to be done IMO.

:)

Tycho
09-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Wow. This thread was old.

Now as you know:

1) Geonosian Warrior - pictures are up of this one already! Looks great!

2) Jedi Council Members will "supposedly" all be produced for Fan Club exclusives. Ki-Adi Mundi has arrived already, Plo Koon, SaeSee Tiin, and Eeth Koth are pretty much confirmed. Some will have to be female. Luminara is NOT a Council Member though. Adi Gallia (would be my first choice), Depa Billaba, Yaddle, and Shaak-Ti are all ladies (in one degree or another). It will depend if they mean ALL JCM's or specifically those from TPM or AOTC. The current group produced or *confirmed* doesn't tell us anything, as they were all on the Council in both movies.

3) Padme in white is being made. The pilot outfit would be cool as a 12 inch, but I'd prefer portrait editions of her more elaborate outfits.

4) From the list Mini-Rock made, I like:

Dexter
Chancellor Palpatine (I also want the Senator Palpatine 12" done)
Mas Ameeda (Sly Moore would look cool - but this is getting obscure)
Poggle the Lesser
Boba Fett (would be so easy to do w. the 6" Anakin body - a MUST!)
Cliegg, Owen, & Beru (also adult Owen and Beru from ANH) - hope!!!
Senator JarJar Binks (It will look nice so you can tolerate it)

The Tusken Female in a 12" could look cool, I like the design, while I know others of you don't. But while I'd buy it, it's really unnecessary.

Jocasta Nu is just not going to happen (I hope). I wouldn't buy her.

Tuan We and Lamma Su? Hmmm. They'd be tall! I guess I'd like these. They're not a priority, but I would definitely buy them. I'm just not going to cry for them, petition for them, or whatever. In the more obscure category, I'd rather have the Lars family. There's more emotional attachment going on for me with those characters.

mini-rock
09-06-2002, 11:18 PM
Tycho,

Yeah, I know alot of those would never happen, but I just don't want 4 of the same character (Qui-Gon) with so many other characters that could possibly be made.

What do you think about the electronic Yoda & dooku?

I know, this thread is old, but I didn't feel I should start a new one about the same subject. :)

Tycho
09-07-2002, 01:23 AM
Good thinking about the thread stuff.

Also, nice to see that you also don't like multiple 12" redeaux like Qui-Gon and Maul seemed to have.

Finally, electronic Yoda and Dooku?

It's not to my personal taste, but yes I'd buy them.

I haven't taken to Dooku's character too much - I did like him and I love that 12" we just got! But I'm in no hurry to see another one of him. Now if a 12" Dooku had the Dark Side Lightning effect - that would be awesome!

Yoda, were he electronic, would be much better giving his training lessons to Luke, if he were able to say quotes from the movie and such. If the lightsaber lit up, I might want this more.

I'd like an electronic Darth Sidious myself. He just needs to be able to say his lines from the film.

Nute Gunray and Rune Haako from TPM and electronic would also make me laugh. The same goes for Nute from "Clones."

mini-rock
09-07-2002, 09:25 AM
Good thinking about the thread stuff

Thanks!

I feel the same way about Dooku as well. I guess I just liked the interaction between Yoda & Dooku, but I also like your idea. I'd buy either.

An electronic Sideous would be ok, but we already have an electronic Palpatine, and except for different dialog, they would be pretty much the same thing. I also doubt we would see any 12" Sideous figure until after EP3.

As for Nute and Rune, I'd buy it.

JediCole
09-24-2002, 11:46 PM
This is a great thread as I had NO intention of collection the 12" line, at least back when it was first reintroduced, and frankly, stunk! Then came Lando (one of the first outside of Imperial troops or costume variations of core characters) that was not represented in the original ("vintage") line. Well, Lando opened the door for more and was soon joined by Tarkin, R5-D4, Tusking Raider, Yoda, and more. And once IG-88, 4-LOM, and (one I'd wanted for ages) Bossk joined the line up, and there was the promise of Dengar and Zuckuss, I really got keen on the 12" line. I even had to go back and find myself an electronic Boba Fett to flesh out the line up of bounty hunters, since I did not think the vintage Boba was awkward with the newer figures. So now that I am collecting at least some of the line (like the recently acquired Ki Adi Mundi and Count Dooku), I am keen to see the following enter into my collection:

2-1B, Destroyer Droid, Momaw Nadon, Nute Gunray, Weequay, R4-M9, Lama Su, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Nein Nunb, Ree-Yees, Gamorrean Guard, Dr. Evezan, Lobot, Dexter Jetster, Feltipernn Trevagg (I know, I know, we need a 3.75" one TOO!), and a Bantha!

Also, we need an IMPROVED Greedo.

Those are my primary choices. Now, I do want most, if not all, of the Jedi Council (I fear that Adi Galia, Depa Bilaba, and Shaak Ti will have the current "Barbie" bodies, so I am not much looking forward to them unless Hasbro finally wakes up and makes a decnet female body that is an ACTION FIGURE and NOT a doll!), but I did not mention them above to asway the stream of replies reminding me that the Fan Club at least appears intent on producing that particular group as exclusives. I know this, and yes, I do know that some of the above, like the Gamorrean Guard, have at least been rumored. No need for anyone to pad their post numbers (as no one really cares how many posts you have made, honest) with messages that say as much.

Geonosian
09-25-2002, 08:59 AM
Will the new Annie have robes?