PDA

View Full Version : The Lars family...

JEDIpartner
03-31-2002, 12:06 PM
I've not heard anything on this yet, but was wondering if anyone had a clue if Hasbro would be releasing Cliegg, Owen and Beru? I would like to see these figures made. If they are going to be made... I would think we will see them later in the line (like they did with Shmi). Anyone have any thoughts or information on this matter?

Jargo
03-31-2002, 12:33 PM
My thoughts are that I would give my right arm to get hold of these characters as figures. Especially a younger Owen. I love that Cliegg will probably come packed with his repulsorlift chair. Beru I'm not so keen on but would gladly buy if available. Can't have Owen without Beru.
I'd like to see Anakin and the swoop that Owen lends him. That's more fun to me than clonetroopers with crippled ankles. I know they have to shove out the clone figures but c'mon, get the decent resculpt out guys. The two out now are real doozies. bad bad baaaaaaaaaad sculpts. :crazed:

As to when these things might appear, well we got the fall assortments to look forward to. I guess if they appear in fall we'll see them at one of the summer conventions if Hasbro do a stand.
They're pretty low key characters in the movie though so we might not see them until next year. I guess this year it'll be Anakin and Obi resculpts galore plus some of the key players in the senate and in the separatist movement like Poggle the lesser and Nute Gunray who's rumoured to be coming. I got a list posted somewhere around here with Nute and Poggle listed as definates. The list came from tradefederation.com so it's going to be fairly respectable in validity. I'll hunt out the thread and edit a link in here.......... >>>>>>>>>>>> :happy:

Dave_Cameron
03-31-2002, 12:37 PM
I would seem to be in Hasbro's best interests to make these characters- at least Owen and Beru. They were part of the original trilogy and there were figures made of them. I could see that a collector would want these to be part of their collection.

2-1B
03-31-2002, 03:47 PM
It's very unfortunate that we have to wait for these. With all of those Jedi figures they are cranking out, it would be nice to have some balance by adding a few of these substance characters. They lack the flair of the fighting Jedi, but I bet the Lars clan will be more fun to watch over the years :)

LTBasker
03-31-2002, 04:00 PM
These sound like pretty boring figures actually... What could they possibly do? Cliegg with sand mower, Owen with rubbing hungry stomach action and Beru with "how to make the perfect stew with blue milk" cookbook. :p

Hasbro's already got quite a handful of peg-warmers planned, I think these can wait till 2003/2004, the peg-warmers of the future! :D

Eh, they might be ok, maybe along the lines of Shmi ok, but frankly with this I think more senators, weird aliens and droids would sell better.

Beast
03-31-2002, 04:05 PM
Sadly, looking at the lists of figures that TradeFederation posted for this Fall/Winter, they don't look to be in the plans for this year. Next year though, when the line returns to a collector focus, I think we will see some of the more minor charecters. Here is a breakdown of the list, I removed all but the basic figures that Jargo was talking about, and that equals out to around the 52 basic figures or so due this year.

Episode II:
Ki-Adi Mundi
Padme Pilot
Taun We
Watto
Tusken Raider (male)

Classic:
Rebel officer
Lott Dod
Hologram Nute Gunray
Teemto Pagalies and scavenger droid

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-31-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
These sound like pretty boring figures actually... What could they possibly do?

Hopefully they can do nothing, and that's what I would like. They took Luminara and ruined her in that pose, I hope they can't find a way to spoil these characters. :)

Tycho
03-31-2002, 05:56 PM
REBEL OFFICER, eh?

Captain Antilles?
General Madine?
General Dadonna?
General Reikeen?

There are possibilities here!

And I want all of these made!

Tycho
03-31-2002, 06:00 PM
I'm also glad they are making more podracers!

I want Dud Bolt, Aldar Beedo, Wan Sandage, Mohawnik, Arks Bumby Roose, and more!

But Teemto Pegules was one of my favorites besides Sebulba and Gasgano.

But my all-time favorite podracer was Sebulba's private bodyguard and assassin: MR. DUD BOLT!

And lets get some more podracer vehicles while we're at it!

Teemto's was cool. So was Dud's! Gasgano and Ody were made into figures...so..

LOL - Ody's toy action could be an engine that "fires" pit droids!

Beast
03-31-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
REBEL OFFICER, eh?
Captain Antilles?
General Madine?
General Dadonna?
General Reikeen?
There are possibilities here!
And I want all of these made!

Well, the original rumors and lists placing it under ANH, suggested Hasbro was going to be doing General Dodonna. But the latest I heard on the subject was General Madine. I really was hoping we would get more ANH figures this year, it being the 25th Anniversary. But so far, most of the classic figures are falling into the ROTJ catagory with a few ESB ones.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-31-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
LOL - Ody's toy action could be an engine that "fires" pit droids!

WARNING - Do not fire at children or animals, but firing at older siblings is fine.

I hope the Rebel Officer is either Antilles, Dodonna or Reiken cause you can pick up a very mint loose vintage Crix for a few bucks and it's a pretty well detailed figure actually. Kinda short and such but good nonetheless. :cool:

Tycho
03-31-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I really was hoping we would get more ANH figures this year, it being the 25th Anniversary. But so far, most of the classic figures are falling into the ROTJ catagory with a few ESB ones.

Good. I can't argue that I don't want more Droids, Rebels, and especially Cantina Aliens from ANH,

but the other Classic movies need their time for attention, after what? - the big ANH focus in the Flashback wave and choices for figures for 2000. Last year was a much better balance between even the Classic movies relative to each other (POTJ waves).

Right now we need more

Imperial Officers (ESB, ROTJ - Veers, Jerjerrod)
Bespin Guards (ESB, African-American at least, Snivvian possible)
Rebel Officers (ESB, ROTJ -Reikeen, Derlin, Torynn Far, Madine)
Jabba's Palace Creatures
Ewoks
Rebel Pilots (from the Battle of Endor)

and the more we focus on ANH, the longer it will take. Give us a balace, Hasbro.

Jargo
03-31-2002, 08:09 PM
Interestingly, toypalace Germany have Teemto Pagalies and scavenger droid listed for release April 23rd alongside Ephant Mon. Do they know something we don't? I'm anxiously keeping an eye on that site as I buy most of my stuff from them now and I'm especially eager for those two figures over the attack of the clones stuff.

I heard the rumour that the rebel officer was going to be madine too. But I find it curious that Teemto came from the fan choice polls and now we have a rebel officer after the polls offered up Bren Derlin and Carlist Rieeken. I think it's more likely that hasbro already had designs drawn up for all the fan choice figures in case any of them won and they just went back and picked one out of the bag as it were. maybe the rebel officer will be a Hoth one to go with the Hoth Rebel and accessories pack? maybe the rebel in question is Derlin and the officer will be Rieeken? That'd be nice for a few but I'd prefer it to be old crap hairdo madine to round out the rebel briefing room trio. Or would I... maybe a Rieeken would be cool. Wonder what accessories they'll stick with him.

There's also a droideka planned for this year apparently. I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be the one that was suspended when the Qui-Gon that's coming out got suspended after the crash of the episode one line. this one in fact...

Battle Droid
03-31-2002, 08:33 PM
I hope the Ep2 Droideka figure is as good as that one, and also actually folds up.

Tycho
03-31-2002, 09:04 PM
I hope for a folding droid too. Especially the 12".

Emperor Jargo, I agree with your theory. Good point. They had to consider making some of the alternates for Fan Poll Choices.

I would like Derlin.

Reikeen is one of my most wanted though. He's my favorite Rebel General.

Teemto makes sense.

And if your theory holds water, some of the best news could be for R1-G4! Oh how I'd want them to make that one at last. One for my sandcrawler scene and one for my Watto's shop scene!

Heck, even the Twi'lek sisters would be nice. But the Tonnikas would be better if they ever consider a girl-girl two pack!

Tycho
03-31-2002, 09:06 PM
Oh -as to the Tonnika Sisters and imaging rights? Use a comic image and call them Shada D'Kal and her partner's name (Karoly?) and explain how the Mistryl Warriors were working in "Cantina Patron Disguises." EU fans would love it, but the mainstream movie fans wouldn't mind so long as we got the figures...right?