PDA

View Full Version : I have the 12" early, and out of the box now!

Tycho
03-31-2002, 05:11 PM
It's funny, Obi-Wan has this really soft pant legs, and Anakin's is this course material similar to Han Carbonite's.

Anakin also is wearing a fake(?) leather black outer ummm vest(?) or tunic (?) - whatever you call it. Similar to Darth Vader's. (That is cool!)

Also, I have 2 Anakin's loose now. On my first one, his pony tail sticks straight out behind his head. On the other one, gravity works.

Anakin comes with the Luke Skywalker lightsaber used by Luke on Bespin.

So regardless of whether they remolded this lightsaber for the prop used in the movies, it is supposed to be the lightsaber that Old Ben gives to Luke. (if Hasbro got it right).

All the lightsabers clip onto their utlity belts now (blades removeable of course).

So I'm pretty happy with these. The Clone Trooper is cool too. It's hard to do a lot of poses with him because that rifle is so big and his flexibility is not that he can double handle it in too many positions.

They look really good, BTW. The real scan paid off!

Both Jedi can double-grip their sabers. You have to push up their sleeves and find the elbow joint. Usually it is twisted so the figure would not bend naturally, but their arm would "break" (if they were real) and bend funny behind them or out to the side.

Reposition it so the elbow bends the correct way, and they are highly poseable.

I wonder how many of my other 12" from yesterdays are also this well articulated, and I never noticed. I'm going to start checking all my Luke figures right away.

Luke Jedi is articulated that way. So is electronic Boba Fett.

Battle Droid
03-31-2002, 05:40 PM
I guess the Clonetroopers helmet doesn't come off, even though we know who's under it.

Tycho
03-31-2002, 05:57 PM
Nope. Sorry. Would have been nice.

This SPOILER picture is from the movie. It is Ambu Fett and I don't think that's Temura Morrison, though.

Thoughts?

Battle Droid
03-31-2002, 06:03 PM
Yeah, though it's just a younger Jango clone isn't it?

Beast
03-31-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Nope. Sorry. Would have been nice.
This SPOILER picture is from the movie. It is Ambu Fett and I don't think that's Temura Morrison, though.
Thoughts?
Yeah, thats the CloneTroopers out of their armor, eating in the Kamino messhall. They are clones of Jango, but they are only physically 20 years old. The actor that played the 20 year old clones is named Bodie 'Tihoi' Taylor, he was chosen due to his looks being similar to Temura Morrison. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BInks

Tycho
03-31-2002, 06:13 PM
Darn. Of course I was looking to make a case that Lando Calrissian was also a Clone!

Beast
03-31-2002, 06:28 PM
Darn. Of course I was looking to make a case that Lando Calrissian was also a Clone!
He is, he's a clone of Mace Windu. And Han is a clone of either Count Dooku or Sio Bibble. And Leia and Luke arn't normal children either, they are cloned from genetic samples of Anakin and Padme. Gotta admit, it saves Lucas from having to deal with the touchy subject of Anakin and Padme making love. :D

Just kidding Tycho, the clone theroy is intresting, and I hope that there is atleast some explanation in EIII about why Boba seems to hate Han so much. But Lando's origin isn't necissary for EIII.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
03-31-2002, 06:48 PM
Wait a sec, that fellow looks extremely familiar to Captain Typho!!

Tycho
03-31-2002, 08:09 PM
While I was sniffing my mouse droid I thought to myself, "Wait a sec! What if Captain Typho was cloned!...

Wait - hear me out. It makes sense - to get close to the Queen to assasinate her! That's why he has 2 eyes. A clone wouldn't have that wound!

Gosh I'm a genius!

Beast
03-31-2002, 08:36 PM
*Takes a big hit off his Mouse Droid*

Ok, here is the real truth. Everyone will end up being clones. You see Lucas is going to go back and do a prequel to Episode 1, that sets everything up. You see, alonger time ago in a galaxy even farther away the supreme being Ge-Orge Lu-Cas thought the universe was boring. So he created man in his image, and then he gave life to all the weird creatures that he dreamed up while he slept at night. And now you know....the rest of the story. :D

MTFBWTY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
03-31-2002, 09:14 PM
tycho,

what saber did your anakin come with? cause if it came with the skywalker saber obi-wan gave luke, it's the wrong one. it should be a vader saber with the emitter painted silver instead of black.

Unit-01
03-31-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Wait a sec, that fellow looks extremely familiar to Captain Typho!!

Exactly what I said!

2-1B
03-31-2002, 11:48 PM
Tycho, what color is the Anakin figure's hair?

derek, is that pic the finished product? His molded hair seems too light to me, it almost looks flesh colored. I know he has lighter hair, but how does it look on the figure?

Thanks sirs :)

pthfnder89
04-01-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
*Takes a big hit off his Mouse Droid*

MAAAAJOR LOL JJB!! :D:D

Just when you thought it wouldn't die...

Tycho
04-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Ceasar,

They all seem to show Anakin's hair that light colored - regardless of the lighting. In Derek's photo, it is a well-lit background and a great photo, while my Anakin is on my computer desk right now and my office is just using natural light (as I haven't flipped the switch yet - I like it not too bright when I sniff my mouse droid).

Derek,

When I came to actually comparing the lightsabers, you were correct. My Luke Bespin and Tatooine Luke sabers are different from this one. Those figures are out but in another room (my Luke Jedi figures are nearest me now). I also checked out my Darth Vader figures. OK ...so that's the reason the lightsaber looked familiar to me. No, I don't have any lightsaber variation Anakin figure (not that I wanted one - especially since both mine are loose now).

Now I once had this theory that the reason the classic lightsabers looked less refined, was that they were built "on the run." Anakin's first lightsaber NOT being Luke's, doesn't shoot my theory into the ground just yet, but it is starting to look like that bit of plot reasoning will prove less and less correct. It is more likely that Han Solo is a Clone!

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 11:25 AM
Hey Tycho...

Do the 12" "human" figures have disproportionately large heads? The pictures and Hasbro history seem to point that way. The recent heads have been really enormous and made the overall figure look like a midget (a la Zutton)

Tycho
04-01-2002, 12:07 PM
No. They are pretty well-proportioned. If you could make a case for them being anything other than perfect size, I'd say maybe Obi-Wan's head was barely undersized.

Hasbro put the RealScan to good use. I had previously thought Dooku looked the most realistic and exciting from the Toy Fair Pictures (No one has Dooku yet!) but the Jedi are very impressive!

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 12:12 PM
Good to hear... I was a little worried about that. The Imperial Commander 12" was a big head and so was Han Trooper.

Beast
04-02-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
MAAAAJOR LOL JJB!! :D:D
Just when you thought it wouldn't die...
*Takes another big hit off his Mouse Droid*

o/`It's the high joke that never ends, it goes on and on my friend. People started sniffing him not knowing what it was. And we'll keep sniffing it forever just because.o/`

I wonder if Tycho is gonna start regretting the sniffing the Mouse droid joke. Cause it's gonna one day get really really old. :D But you have to admit, there is a kinda buzz that you can get off opening some of these new figures. :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
04-02-2002, 02:10 AM
I'm sorry to say that snorting the mouse droid will not change the appearance of any 12" figure's head size.

But sniffing your action figures has become a far larger issue!

LOOK: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=13&show_article=2517

Wolfwood319
04-02-2002, 02:17 AM
"Takes a hit off his mouse droid"

Dude, there's something crawling up that dude's nose, man....:crazed:

I'm normally not a 12'' collector, but I might have to pick up a few of the new ones, they look fairly decent. I finally have room to display 12'' figures, but I don't plan on getting all of them.

Beast
04-02-2002, 02:21 AM
I'm sorry to say that snorting the mouse droid will not change the appearance of any 12" figure's head size.
But sniffing your action figures has become a far larger issue!
LOOK: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=13&show_article=2517
*Falls out of chair, laughing his gungan butt off*

Oh god Tycho, I warned you last time about doing that when I am drinking. If I end up shorting a moniter out cause of you, I will be sending a bill. Your lucky I'm not sending you a bill for dry cleaning. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
04-02-2002, 02:57 AM
JarJar, I think you better lay of the mouse droid yourself!

Can't you see what's happening?