PDA

View Full Version : Yoda's species/ home planet?

Battle Droid
04-01-2002, 01:25 AM
Do you guys think Lucas will ever reveal them?

SithDroid
04-01-2002, 01:33 AM
No. And I hope not. He has already screwed up Boba Fett's whole mystery to him.

2-1B
04-01-2002, 01:44 AM
I don't think Lucas will reveal it in the films, but maybe once he's done it will be opened up in the EU.

I'm actually surprised that he put Yaddle in TPM, I always thought Yoda would be the only one we see :)

Fulit
04-01-2002, 10:01 AM
Mickey Suttle says Yoda is a Whill, and his full name is Yoda D' Kana.

www.supershadow.com

Since he personally knows Lucas, I'm sure its the Gospel truth.

Sorry, I just love making fun of this guy.

icatch9
04-01-2002, 01:42 PM
i guess we'll see. If this guys is GL friend then why does he ruin the secreats that GL tries to keep.

browndroid
04-01-2002, 02:00 PM
i personally dont want to know, i like the thought of it being a mystery, i agree he did screw up fett, but i still love him...(fett that is)

Pendo
04-01-2002, 05:00 PM
I agree. Yoda's species and homeworld should remain unknown.

PENDO!

RooJay
04-12-2002, 12:38 AM
I don't think this will ever be revealed, but I think it would be very interesting to find out. I can see all kinds of interesting explanations for Yoda's species, their homeworld, and their place in the Star Wars universe.

Taichi
05-08-2002, 07:16 AM
Interesting, but I don't think that Supershadow guy knows his arse from a hole in the ground.......

Lucas would NEVER allow something like that to happen......

saladin
05-08-2002, 04:19 PM
i have to say yoda is my fav charcter by far but i think maybe only his spiceis not homeworld just so we can classify him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-11-2002, 08:33 PM
Whill would be cool, as in Journal of the Whills. Other than that, what the hell is a whill?

Eternal Padawan
05-12-2002, 10:14 AM
At Celebration II, Ricky McCallum said Yoda's species/homeworld will be addressed in Episode III.

(Or he was blowing sunshine up the audiences :eek: )

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-12-2002, 01:04 PM
I just always thought of his home planet as Dagobah, even though he wasn't born there.

Beast
05-12-2002, 01:29 PM
EP, everytime Ricky McC opens his mouth, he's either kissing up to Lucas, putting his foot in it, or just generally as you so colorfully put it, "blowing sunshine up the audiences :eek:"

He stated in the past many things that he's been wrong about. The biggest one was about Boba Fett appearing in the prequels. He said he didn't, then Lucas put him in EII. Frankly I take everything that he says with a salt lick, since just a pinch would be to little. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 02:26 AM
I think Jabba John L has the simplest solution. Yoda is from Dagobah.

I was going to start a new thread, but I'll just reminisce here. During Celebration II, I went and watched "Empire" in the 500 Ballroom (there's nothing like watching Star Wars with a thousand fans! Best time I had at Celebration. After every great line or first appearance of a major character, everyone cheers!)and after seeing Yoda in TPM and AOTC, it struck me how goofy he was acting in ESB. It seemed like living for 20+ years in complete solitude had turned the little guy a tad batsh!t. I thought it was pretty funny myself. After AOTC where he's acting all cool and calm like a Jedi Instructor should, go back and watch him cackling like a madman in ESB and tell me what you think. I think he's a little loon...

bigbarada
05-13-2002, 03:54 AM
Actually GL stated in an interview specifically that Boba Fett would appear in Ep2, and this was before the release of Ep1. I don't know what McCallum was talking about but those who pay attention to Lucas' interviews can learn a lot.

A bit off topic but still, I like the backstory GL has given Fett. I hated before because of the mystery, now he is one of the most interesting characters to me.

However, I don't see the need for Yoda's species and homeworld to be addressed; but if George wants to who am I to tell him he can't? Destroying the "mystery" of Yoda will do nothing to hurt his character since his appeal had more to do with his knowledge and wisdom and not standing there like a buffoon while other people catch his bounties.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
A bit off topic but still, I like the backstory GL has given Fett. I hated before because of the mystery, now he is one of the most interesting characters to me.

It's in reverse for me. I don't mind that they put him in II (and presumably III). The whole father and son thing is a nice story arc...but then it doesn't go anywhere in the OT. They retro-actively waste that character in the last three films. That's what bugs me. He shows up for an instant in ANH, has a little bit of a thing in ESB and then dies goofily in ROJ. What's the point?

Unless, he survives the Sarlacc and becomes a major character in the third trilogy. That'd be a nice touch.

bigbarada
05-13-2002, 04:59 AM
I think ROTJ will become the biggest letdown ever when all six films are watched together. There is such an amazing amount of build-up to what turns out to be a fairly straight-forward story that sloppily ties up loose ends (Boba Fett, Leia being the "other").

darthvyn
05-20-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
After AOTC where he's acting all cool and calm like a Jedi Instructor should, go back and watch him cackling like a madman in ESB and tell me what you think. I think he's a little loon...

i disagree that there is a lot of difference in his character from clones to empire. in empire he goes from the goofy cutsie behavior to the grave seriousness. "mine! mine!" to "(luke) i'm not afraid..." "(yoda) ohhh, you will be... you will be!" that change in demeanor always freaked me out a little, and that was great. meanwhile, in clones, we see him with the younglings, my quotation at the bottom of this is a perfect example of the parallels to empire... but then, after using obi-wan's dilemma to instruct the younglings, we see the gravity in his private conversation with kenobi... "meditate on this, i will..."

anyway, yoda's goofiness is all an act to teach luke patience. by acting all funny and goofy, he frustrates luke into revealing his impatience. as soon as luke jumps up and hits his head, yoda gets rid of the goofiness, and says "i cannot train him. the boy has no patience..." see?

all in all, i think yoda's whole character is about showing us the wisdom of not taking things too seriously.

atomicmaniac
05-20-2002, 07:29 PM
I totally agree with darthvyn,I am actually surprised by the peple who do not see what he was doing with Luke. I also think that Episode 2 added some desprately needed depth to Boba Fetts character.

Lman316
05-25-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I think ROTJ will become the biggest letdown ever when all six films are watched together. There is such an amazing amount of build-up to what turns out to be a fairly straight-forward story that sloppily ties up loose ends (Boba Fett, Leia being the "other").

I don't agree with that statement. I'm pretty sure that most forumites know that ROTJ is still my favorite of the saga (AOTC is tied with it :D) and I wouldn't see it as a letdown.
Reason for that thinking is because of the redemtion of Vader. It ends Anakin's story, as he comes back from the Dark Side.
And of course there are Ewoks (awesome!), a big giant thing called the Rancor (still my favorite Star Wars beast), Jabba the Hutt, the Emperor frying Luke, a better lightsaber battle, and one kick a** space battle. Oh, and the second Death Star and... and...

Okay, breaking away from that "madness", I always thought I wouldn't like Yoda's species being revealed, or his home planet, but I really guess it wouldn't bother me. Yoda is Yoda, and I don't think his species name and/or planet name is going to ruin the character. Other things could, but not those.
And just on a side note, I think Boba is a little better now. I never really "got" Boba Fett before - he's "cool" and all, but he just wasn't that big of a deal to me anyway. I mean, it could have just as easily been the Bossk or IG-88 that got Solo. But that's just how I see it.

Eternal Padawan
05-25-2002, 10:25 AM
I don't think revealing Yoda's world/species will be that big of a deal. It's not like it reveals anything significant about yoda or demysticiezes him in any way.

Suppose George comes out one day and says "Yoda is a booblooban from the planet boobloob."

We'll all go "Oh." And then we'll get on with the Saga. It's not like we'd all go "Aha! A booblooban! That explains EVERYTHING!" That has no context for us. It's just a silly made up name for a silly made up muppet.

R2D2DUKFAN
05-25-2002, 11:11 AM
I say Yoda is a species all on his own. No one else should be able to match such a wise one like himself. He was created by the midiclorians, so thats my theory and im sticking to it.

Eternal Padawan
05-25-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by R2D2DUKFAN
I say Yoda is a species all on his own. No one else should be able to match such a wise one like himself. He was created by the midiclorians, so thats my theory and im sticking to it.

How do you explain Yaddle, then? 2 out of the twelve council members were Yoda-esque. That says to me they are fairly prolific in the galaxy.

Lman316
05-26-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I don't think revealing Yoda's world/species will be that big of a deal. It's not like it reveals anything significant about yoda or demysticiezes him in any way.

Suppose George comes out one day and says "Yoda is a booblooban from the planet boobloob."

We'll all go "Oh." And then we'll get on with the Saga. It's not like we'd all go "Aha! A booblooban! That explains EVERYTHING!" That has no context for us. It's just a silly made up name for a silly made up muppet.

Heh, heh. "Boobloob." Heh, heh...:D