PDA

View Full Version : Memento 2 disc DVD SE ?

2-1B
04-01-2002, 01:50 AM
:( I recently purchased the regular edition, but I just read at DVD Review that there's a new 2 disc set planned for May. No final specs yet, hopefully it will be great. :)

Wolfwood319
04-01-2002, 01:53 AM
Cool, I'd like to see some extras for the movie. Maybe deleted scenes and a director's commentary. How cool would it be to have a cut of the movie that takes place in chronological order? I think that would be cool too.

Rollo, if anyone knows about this, its you. What's the good word?

Beast
04-01-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
:( I recently purchased the regular edition, but I just read at DVD Review that there's a new 2 disc set planned for May. No final specs yet, hopefully it will be great. :)
Ya should have asked me man, I knew about this for a while. :( Maybe I should start posting a coming soon to DVD post every so often. :) But til then, I do have some spec information and cover art for you. Note that the cover art isn't going to be B&W like the picture. It's a reproduction of the file folder that he has in the film. :D

A somewhat more welcome upcoming title from the studio is the Memento: Limited Edition, also due on 5/21. It's expected to include anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio options, audio commentary by director Chris Nolan, an "anatomy of a scene" workshop, the shooting script, trailers, the original short story, international ad campaigns, production stills and sketches, hidden features and more.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
04-01-2002, 01:58 AM
Yes it is true. There is news about it over at DVDFile.com. I'm just mad because I bought the first version the day it came out and now I have to go and buy another version. I wish that they would get everything they want on there the first time. This happens with tons of titles.

2-1B
04-01-2002, 02:03 AM
Hey JarJar, that sure is a hell of a lot more info than Review had, I'll quote from 3/26:

"So far no information is available on the DVD save the fact that it will be presented in anamorphic widescreen with audio in Dolby Digital 5.1. The new set will likely carry all the features of the original DVD."

Meh, I'll probably get this eventually. If everything from the original release is included, I can always pass it along to a friend . . . that's what I did with Glory :D

Rollo Tomassi
04-01-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Yes it is true. There is news about it over at DVDFile.com. I'm just mad because I bought the first version the day it came out and now I have to go and buy another version. I wish that they would get everything they want on there the first time. This happens with tons of titles.

:mad: This is becoming epidemic. I have not bought Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, WaterWorld, Trainspotting, or Robin Hood: Prince of Theives because I am expecting S.E. of these excellent movies instead of the movie-only crap they have out now.

My waiting paid off on The rest of the James Bond movies, Dogma, Fight Club. From Dusk Til Dawn, Glory, Legends of the Fall, Donnie Brasco, Rocky, Bad Boys, Tombstone Leon:The Professional, Mummy, Pretty Woman, Se7en, and The Terminator I and II

I HAVE bought Tomorrow Never Dies, Scream, The Die Hard, Trilogy, Armagaddon, Army of Darkness, In The Line OF Fire, Monty Python...Holy Grail, The Rock, and Shakespeare In Love...Twice.

And it looks like I'll be springing for another copy of Almost Famous, Blade Runner, Bull Durham, Courage Under Fire, The Crow, Dances With Wolves, The Fugitive, Dirty Dancing, The English Patient, A Few Good Men, The Game, Predator, Speed, Top Gun, Usual Supects, X-Men, The Pink Panther movies, and now Memento.
:mad:

2-1B
04-01-2002, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I'm still feeling the sting of that Almost Famous Bootleg Cut. I haven't bought it yet, but it's one I really want. Tombstone, I'll probably replace that one too.

I loved Jackie Brown, just throwing that in :)

pthfnder89
04-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Cool, I'd like to see some extras for the movie. Maybe deleted scenes and a director's commentary. How cool would it be to have a cut of the movie that takes place in chronological order? I think that would be cool too.

Actually Wolfwood, there already is a DVD of Momento that lets you do that.

That feature was originally supposed to be included on the first DVD release, but for some reason, the US version didn't have it. However, the CANADIAN version did have it. (strangely, the Canadian version lack most of the extras found on the Us version ):crazed: wierd

But if you can find one, you might want to check out the Canadian DVD.

Rollo - Are you sure another X-men DVD is on the way? I know that there have been a lot of rumours, but Bryan Singer was quoted as saying that the really special edition he wanted to do was scrapped.

Rollo Tomassi
04-02-2002, 12:23 PM
X-Men has been pulled from order lists because another version is being planned to be released with the sequel when it comes out next year. Not sure what the new specs and stuff are but will keep informed.

2-1B
04-03-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
X-Men has been pulled from order lists because another version is being planned to be released with the sequel when it comes out next year. Not sure what the new specs and stuff are but will keep informed.

I hope it's a good release, I fear this will become a trend . . . they are doing it for MIB this summer, right? I remember when they reissued American Pie, it seemed like Universal slapped an AP2 trailer on that and fluffed it up a bit. Does anyone have that one? Did they make it worthwhile?

Oh, and I still love Jackie Brown.
*toasting a screwdriver to Sam Jackson* :D

Beast
04-03-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
I hope it's a good release, I fear this will become a trend . . . they are doing it for MIB this summer, right? I remember when they reissued American Pie, it seemed like Universal slapped an AP2 trailer on that and fluffed it up a bit. Does anyone have that one? Did they make it worthwhile?
Yep they are doing it for MIB, and they did it for AP. But it's already a trend, they did it for The Mummy as well, and Stewart Little is getting a SE just because the sequel is coming out this year. I don't mind a SE of a barebones release, but a SE release of a movie that was already pretty packed with features is silly.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 03:29 AM
That's why I'm not getting any more DVD's until the day before I die!:crazed:

It is getting ridiculous, stuidios are releasing new editions of DVDs every year it seems. Special Editions and goodies are nice, but how many times do you view the still gallery? As long as the presentation is there, I'm satisfied for the most part. Or if they come right out and say there is going to be more than one version, that way I can decide beforehand which to buy.

2-1B
04-03-2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Or if they come right out and say there is going to be more than one version, that way I can decide beforehand which to buy.

Good point, LOTR is a nice example of that :)

2-1B
04-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Memento related . . .

Did anyone see the trailer for that new movie 'Insomnia' starring Pacino, Robin Williams, and Hillary Swank? It's directed by Chris Nolan, I'd like to give it a shot. :)

Beast
04-12-2002, 05:13 PM
DVDFile.com has the full press release up now. Here ya go, anyone that is intrested. Sounds like a must own to me:

fo DVD noitidE-detimiL detiawA-gnoL

OTNEMEM

12 yaM desaeleR eb ot

Unexpected Mysteries and Surprises Fill
a Groundbreaking Two-Disc Set of MEMENTO
That Promises Puzzles and Enigmas Extending Beyond
Christopher Nolanís Revolutionary Film

CULVER CITY, Calif. (April 12, 2002) -- MEMENTO, the intricately designed, double-Oscar-nominated cinematic mystery, will be released May 21 by Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment in a highly anticipated, two-disc limited-edition DVD designed by writer-director Christopher Nolan.

For viewers, the surprises and mysteries only begin with the critically lauded box-office hit, which was also nominated for a Golden Globe Award and was the winner of four Independent Spirit Awards, including Best Picture. In fact, the limited-edition DVD offers a series of mindbenders and challenges designed by Nolan that begin the moment one of the setís two discs is inserted into the player. At its core, the DVD is constructed as an elaborate mental puzzle that the viewer must solve in order to watch the film and the added-value elements.

"I've enjoyed flexing my creative muscles to come up with something completely new and unique to the DVD format," said writer/director Christopher Nolan. "I hope fans of MEMENTO will enjoy not only the film, but also the extra features and challenges that the DVD offers."

The MEMENTO limited-edition DVD features the most extensive, full-length directorís commentary since the filmís theatrical release. One disc is devoted to the film itself, which has been digitally remastered and promises the best-ever viewing experience of MEMENTO. It also includes a surprise-filled commentary by Christopher Nolan.

The second disc offers a wealth of special features that includes the 23-minute documentary "Anatomy of a Scene." Originally shown on The Sundance Channel, it breaks down a single scene from script to design to photography to its final screen version. Also included on the limited-edition DVD is the original short story by Jonathan Nolan, as well as a a "directorís script" that allows viewers to dissect the filmís unique structure by switching between a scene and Nolanís annotated film script by using a DVD playerís angle-change feature.

The newly designed limited edition of MEMENTO will be housed in some of the most unique and creative packaging ever produced, and within it viewers will find hidden assistance to solving the puzzles of the DVD.

In MEMENTO, Guy Pearce (L.A. Confidential) plays Leonard Shelby, a man who finds himself without any recollection of recent events - except the knowledge that his wife has been murdered. Using instant photos and a body filled with tattooed reminders, he pursues the man he believes responsible for his wifeís death. Or does he?

MEMENTO: Also starring Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano. Executive Producers Aaron Ryder, William Tyrer, Chris J. Ball. Produced by Suzanne Todd and Jennifer Todd. Screenplay by Christopher Nolan, based on a story by Jonathan Nolan. Directed by Christopher Nolan.

ADDED-VALUE ELEMENTS

Limited-Edition, Two-Disc Set

Remastered in High Definition

Widescreen Presentation

Directorís Commentary

Directorís Script

"Anatomy of a Scene" Sundance Channel Documentary

Production Stills and Sketches

Theatrical Trailer, International Trailer and TV Advertising

Audio: DTS English 5.1 (Dolby Digital) and 2-Channel (Dolby Surround)

Subtitles: English, Spanish

Scene Selections
MPAA Rating: R / Original Release: 2001
Price: $27.95
Color / Closed Captioned / 113 minutes
DVD #07646 / UPC Code: 0-43396-07646-4
Order Date: April 23, 2002

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
06-09-2002, 12:23 PM
i just got the memento 2 disc dvd set, and it it a pain in the butt. first off, i can barely get the dang thing out of the slip cover. i'm afraid i'm gonna tear it. and the menus are wierd. i don't mean to sound lazy, but i don't want to have to jump thru hoops to watch the movie or special features.

MikeAndTheBots
06-09-2002, 01:08 PM
so wait, does it come with the movie in chronological order too?

derek
06-09-2002, 01:34 PM
it might, but i have yet to find it. but that's why i bought this version. it better be on there. i just found out this feature is on the overseas version of the original release, but not the original u.s. version.

i just found it!

put in disc 2, select the clock and answer all the questions asked by choosing "C" until you get to a screen with 4 photos of a woman with a flat tire on her car. arrange the photos in order of ending to beginning, and press enter. then the credits should start rolling, playing the film in chronological order.:)

all the black and white scenes play in their proper order, then just the first color scene play with leonard shooting john G.
i wish they would of also played the color scenes in order. maybe they too are hidden somewhere.:)

die-jarjar-die
06-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
so wait, does it come with the movie in chronological order too?

The Region2 1 disc release has a cut of the movie in chronological order.

Its a hidden feature, you can access it from the menu screen.

the menu spirals through a complete cycle, just as it is about to reset itself hit OK. If you time it correctly you should access "The Beginning of The End" feature.

Im not 100% sure if this feature is on the Region1 dvd but thought I'd post it here just in case it is

AT-AT Man
06-11-2002, 01:57 AM
hey Jar Jar or any one, is it true that they are releasing the Back to The Futue series on Dvd, oh I hope so, also what is this about a Pulp Fiction SE any word on that.i love that movie, Quintin Tarentino is a great director.

Beast
06-11-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man
hey Jar Jar or any one, is it true that they are releasing the Back to The Futue series on Dvd, oh I hope so, also what is this about a Pulp Fiction SE any word on that.i love that movie, Quintin Tarentino is a great director.
Yes they are, it is due out around Christmas time. Another big expense on DVD's at the end of the year. :eek: Here is what I have on it so far. The info is from Thedigitalbits. :)

You Region 1 Back to the Future fans will be happy to learn that the eventual U.S. DVD release (according to retailers tentatively set for 12/17, but it now looks like Universal may be pushing to get it out a month earlier) will probably include more than the international version.

You may remember that a few months ago, we received a list of rumored Back to the Future DVD specs from a source in Brazil. Well, we've now received word of the officially announced specs for Universal's international release of the Back to the Future Trilogy (set for September elsewhere around the world). Keep in mind that the U.S. release is expected in December. But since the specs you see below are official, they're likely the same as the ones you'll see on the U.S. discs (or very close to identical). Here's the rundown:

Back to the Future - the original "making of" featurette, a retrospective look at the film featuring cast and crew, all new audio commentary with Michael J. Fox, director/Writer Robert Zemeckis & producer/writer Bob Gale, outtakes and deleted scenes, original make-up tests, hover board test footage, trivia subtitle track option, production gallery with photographs, original storyboards and props, Huey Lewis & The News Power of Love music video.

Back to the Future II - the original "making of" featurette, a retrospective look at the film featuring cast and crew, outtakes and deleted scenes, production gallery with photographs, original storyboards and props.

Back to the Future III - a retrospective look at the film featuring cast and crew, outtakes and deleted scenes, production gallery with photographs, original storyboards and props, ZZ Top Doubleback music video.

Thanks to our friends at BTTF.com for the info.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
06-11-2002, 02:12 AM
that is gunna be one awsome box set, can't wait. gotta get it for christmas.

Beast
06-12-2002, 05:54 PM
If you are still having trouble navigating the Memento 2-Disc SE DVD, then have no fear, JJB is here. Here is a link to how to navigate the unique menus and find all the secrets. Enjoy! :)

http://www.dvdtalk.com/mementoleguide.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MikeAndTheBots
06-13-2002, 04:46 PM
Thanks JJB, now that I know it has the chronological version too I'll buy it ASAP.

Beast
06-13-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
Thanks JJB, now that I know it has the chronological version too I'll buy it ASAP.
Glad to help. I need to pick this one up as well. But I'm a lil short this month, and I am saving up for all the DVD's due in August-November. :eek: :greedy:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks