PDA

View Full Version : Shmi's dying words?....

Steingrabber
04-01-2002, 02:40 AM
Sorry, don't know if this has been explored in other threads or not but, here goes....
What does she tell Anakin once he finds her? In listening to the soundtrack, it sounds like a rather short scene, but we've had the dialog for just about every other scene spelled out to us in great detail, and all I've heard regarding this scene is something to the effect of "I told you I'd come back" blah blah blah...nothing concrete, which to me means that she's gonna lay something heavy on him and they're really keeping this one under wraps. Like Empire, I think Ep2 has to have it's big controversial issue, "Is Darth Vader Luke's father"? etc. What do you think she'll tell Anakin other than, "My goodness, you've grown"...There's a pretty tense moment in the music for this scene, it kinda breaks down like 1)Anakin sneaks into the camp 2)Discovers his mother 3)Loving words exchanged 4)Heavy words layed on Anakin 5)Shmi dies crescendo 6)Anakin starts kickin' *** and then continues into other stuff. I love how spooky the soundtrack sounds, really great work by JW.
There you go, have at it, "Smithers, release the hounds...."

Battle Droid
04-01-2002, 02:47 AM
" Anakin... I want you to know... who your.. father.. is.... he's Yoda."

But really I think she'll say.

"You kept your promise." maybe.

Wolfwood319
04-01-2002, 02:59 AM
"Anakin....I must....tell....you....the truth.....your father is..... Tom Arnold....."

I don't think there is going to be any "super surprise" like in ESB. But who knows.

Battle Droid
04-01-2002, 03:03 AM
I think the whole mystery thing is who Sidious is, even though all of us think we know.;)

Jargo
04-01-2002, 07:17 AM
"Anakin, you're not jake Loyd, what did you do with Jake? Oh, by the way, your dad is..... Me. yes that's right, I used to be a man. Your Mother is *ack*"

I don't think there'll be a rvelation I think she just says how glad she is that he came back to free her from captivity and then she dies. maybe her dying words are something about him being a good person inside and to be true to himself and never change. So when he goes bad he makes a mug of his Mother too. That'd be cool. Shmi thinks the sun shines out of him and then he turns into a monster. The question still lies unanswered though, why the hell was Shmi in the deseret in the first place? Or did the dawn raid mean her being held captive by the Tuskens? But Tuskens don't take prisoners they just kill. Tuskens wouln't have Shmi showing her skin because that's forbidden in Tusken lore which is why the women and children also wear masks. So is Shmi dressed as a Tusken Female? Is the action figure of the Tusken female really Shmi. She was kidnapped for to be a babysitter? Hmmmm........... :confused:

Rollo Tomassi
04-01-2002, 09:44 AM
"One time...while you were asleep...I put...myself in your mouth...and had..a friend..take...a picture...":dead:

"Ani....there is...another...Skywalker...":dead: (At which point it is revealed that Shmi's daughter was taken from her and raised on another world to become a great political leader...:eek: )

"I never..saw...Venice...":dead:

"I'm so cold Rafe, so cold..' (Oh wait, that's Pearl Harbor...sorry)

"Just in time, huh kid?":dead:

Jargo
04-01-2002, 05:56 PM
"Ani? Is that you? Come closer, help me take off this mask. Let me look on you with - my own - eyes. tell me - does my - bum look - big in this........?"

or

"Well about bloody time...!"

LTBasker
04-02-2002, 12:38 AM
"Roseeee buddd..."

"Dang you're a bad actor."

"HAH! I've got one figure but you've got 3 planned with more to come and yet mine is better than yours!"

"I'm not really your Mother... I'm your neice."

"You fought that stuck up girl before coming to look for me? Slimo!"

gibbyhayes
04-02-2002, 12:47 AM
It certainly seems that Mom's been arount Watto for quite some time. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin... Ani had a pointy nose and snarl too (tusks are a recessive gene?).:confused:

Dar' Argol
04-02-2002, 12:51 AM
On an non kidding note, Shimi says with her last breath "I always knew you'd come back." But I like you guys interpretations better:D. "You guys". Is that even correct english?

HEEEEYYYY YOOOUUUUU GGUUUYYYYYYYSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

gibbyhayes
04-02-2002, 01:03 AM
We all give Luke such a hard time for the whole Tosche Station/Power Converters bit. But his dad was a whiny jerk ("I'm a person and my name is Anakin!"), his mom spoke in a drony monotone and fell for whiny jerks, and Grandma was a true sap extraordinaire (who slept with Watto?) - Skywalker never had a chance.

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 02:29 PM
"Did I forget to turn off the oven?"

"I put Threepio to good use while you were gone... he's got a new 'vibrating' mode..."

Rollo Tomassi
04-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
"I put Threepio to good use while you were gone... he's got a new 'vibrating' mode..."

Of all the things she could say, why on earth would she mention this to her son with her dying breath?:p :)

"We're just a couple of shooting stars, Ani...":dead:

"Viva la resistance!":dead:

"Tell Cleigg I hid the key to the safety deposit box in my...":dead:

Anakin: "Mom. You're tauntuan froze before you reached the first marker."
Shmi: "Then I'll see you in HeII":dead:

"Whatever happened to that nice English gentleman who wanted to train you? Once he touched my shoulder. He was nice...":dead:

"Got milk?":dead:

Pendo
04-03-2002, 02:58 PM
"Anakin, get a little closer, I need to tell you something."

--Anakin gets closer--

"Closer still Ani."

--Anakin gets closer again--

"A little more Ani."

--Closer--

"That's close enough. What I needed to tell you is...":dead:

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Of all the things she could say, why on earth would she mention this to her son with her dying breath?:p :)

Why? Because... she didn't know Anakin was hooking up with Padme... maybe she thought he could use some "company" for- erhm... "comfort" after she kicked the bucket! :evil:

BlahBlahBlah
04-03-2002, 04:39 PM
"Anakin... this one time, at band camp..."

"Your father is dead... He was a traveling salesman... He came to my door one day... I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti..."

"Ani, your father... was... so dead seeeexy! He made me horny baby, yeah!"

JetsAndHeels
04-03-2002, 04:48 PM
Shmi:
"Your father was deeeaad sexy, and I was crap!"
"Ani, would you like some chicken, Ive got more!"

Anakin:
"Oh is that all the thanks I get for the night of hot sex?"
Listen missy, would you fancy another go? Once youve had fat you never go back!"
"Look at me Im a big fat slob. Ive got bigger ti**ies than you do, Ive got more chins than a Chinese phone book. Ive not seen my willie in over 2 yrs, which is long enough to declare legally dead!"

SHMI:
"Thats for calling me crap, fatty!"

LTBasker
04-03-2002, 05:08 PM
This is getting quite gross...

Co Jo-Da
04-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Noticed that people aren't quite sure what happens with Anakin's mother/the Tusken slaughter scene. I think a few different scenarios may have been filmed, but I like this one the best.
Anakin slices a hole through the wall of a Tusken Raider hut, squeezes his way through, and pulls himself up. Candles are everywhere, but it's still rather gloomy. The moonlight spills through the hole, lighting up...Shmi, who is hanging from some sort of wooden structure. Anakin runs over, cuts her free, and gently lowers her. She's in a terrible state, bruises, blood everywhere. Anakin quietly calls her. Her blood-caked eye's manage to just open.

She recognises her son, saying his name while her eyes slowly focus. Anakin is almost crying. He tells he's here and she's safe now, he's going to get out of here. Shmi manages to say she's glad to see him. She says she's now complete. Anakin is falling apart; he tells her he's going to make her well again, and that everything will be fine. She says he looks so handsome. He's grown up, and she's so proud. She missed him so much. And her final words? She just manages to get out the first part of "I love you", but never gets to finish it. Anakin pulls her to him, and there is only silence. He lifts his head, and listens, cradling his mother.

The scene then cuts to Obi-Wan's adventures on Geonosis. Perhaps not the best place for this. The one thing I hope Lucas changes (and could do so, parts of the story were constantly changing last year).

Back to Tatooine. It's dawn. Strangely, a dog barks somewhere. An old Tusken woman comes out of a hut, tosses some dirty water to the ground. A Tusken child runs past, playing with a stick. He runs around the huts, turns a corner, and is met with a horrible sight. The bodies of two dead Tusken guards. Between them, Anakin stands, a dark cloaked vision wearing a grim deadly mask. The small child stares at him, and is eclipsed by the flash of Anakin's lightsaber switching on.

This is all that is seen. And Anakin does take his mother back to the homestead, he doesn't bury her in the desert. No onscreen violence. Extremely chilling. If it turns out like I heard it was, this will be the most disturbing scene in Star Wars yet.

One of a half dozen variations of this scene that I've heard so far...

2-1B
04-03-2002, 07:12 PM
I agree, this scene could suffer from untimely editing. It would be better to stay with Anakin through this period, but up to what point? The moment of Shmi's death seems most likely, as you stated. My money's on that point, it seems like something Lucas would do.

I'm still surprised by the inclusion of a Tusken slaughter. I guess I always assumed Anakin's turn would only be in Episode III, with hints of it in AOTC. If he takes Tusken lives in vengeance in this film, it will make for some great discussion. And it will be more believable too, if we see some of his secrets instead of just accepting the big turn to the Dark Side in the context of one film. :)

Jargo
04-03-2002, 07:31 PM
Isn't that a report from TFN? CJD are you the guy that reported it on TFN? hmmmmm.

I love y......... seems like a poxy last line to me. Not at all what I would expect from Shmi. hopefully if the scene has been filmed several times over there will be something different in place. but then again, Lucas is turning into another king of schmaltz like Spielberg so......... :rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
04-03-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

I love y......... seems like a poxy last line to me. Not at all what I would expect from Shmi. hopefully if the scene has been filmed several times over there will be something different in place. but then again, Lucas is turning into another king of schmaltz like Spielberg so......... :rolleyes:

What? No confession about Dooku being Anakin's father? Palpatine? Qui Gon? Tycho's gonna be mad.;)

I agree "I love y..":dead: is a cheese ending. I'd rather her say something random like "Did I leave the stove o.." than have a pat cliche line like that. Geez, have her say something completely ironic about Anakin, considering he becomes a sith and wipes out the Jedi. Something like "I always new there was good in y..":dead: or "I always knew you would do great thing..":dead: I love you IS shmaltz.:(

browndroid
04-03-2002, 11:15 PM
ok now, some of these are pretty disturbing...
maybe she will say, ani...there is something i havent ever told you....your...adopted.......
:dead:
or not

Darth Shinji
04-05-2002, 03:04 AM
O.K. O.K.
this is it
I heard it from a guy who heard it from somebody else who read it in an old issue of bantha tracks
(aren't they all old?) who reported it from Peter Weller:
"Ani, remember. No matter where you go, there you are."

JEDIpartner
04-05-2002, 12:28 PM
"You hear that Elizabeth?? I'm comin' to join ya, honey..."

"Now you understand why I always told you to wear clean underpants..."

"I've fallen... and I can't get uuuuuuup!"

"Bury me not... on... the... lone prairie..." or "Goodbye, old paint... I'm leavin' Mos Espa..."

"I want you, for the rest of your life, to make sure you wear black... to mourn my death... and remember- it has a slimming effect..."

Taichi
04-11-2002, 01:55 PM
"MOM!"

"Ani, you came back......"

"Lie still.....try not to move"

"Ani, there's something Qui Gon never told you......it's about your father....."

"Really?"

"Lean close Ani, so that I can tell you....."

"Like this?"

"Closer"

"Okay"

"Closer"

"Close enough?"

"Uhh......you got any gum?":dead:

"MOMMY!!!":cry:

"She.....she never even told me who my daddy was......"

[Enter Padme Amidala]

"I'M YOUR DADDY, SAY MY NAME, *****!!!"

jawaboy
04-11-2002, 05:31 PM
"Now be a good boy and don't knock any slut potatoes up."

"You look so handsome...just like one of those Backstreet Boys."

Jargo
04-11-2002, 08:35 PM
"Could you scratch an itch I've got son? I've been dying to do it but these binders are so... "

"Sure mom. Where?"

"Just down there, no, a bit lower, a bit more center, a little higher... AHHHHH! Thank you son. Y'know - I think those Tusken raiders have lice.........."

"Would you excuse me Mom, I think I'm just gonna go gouge my eyes out now."

RooJay
04-11-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
"You guys". Is that even correct english?[/SIZE] [/B]

I think it's only proper when you say "YOUSE guys".

RooJay
04-11-2002, 10:20 PM
I'm betting her last words go something like this:

"Tell...N'Sync...I.....love them.............*":dead:

...as a nod to Rick McCallum, whose bright idea it was to invite them to the set in the first place!:p

Jargo
04-14-2002, 02:38 PM
Well if ever there was proof of how it sort of happens it's the graphic novel...

bigbarada
04-14-2002, 03:51 PM
I think the "I love...." line is fine considering that this is his mother. I can't see how this would be considered cheesy at all. Maybe in today's realm of movies where everybody has to be a bad-a** and nobody can show feelings for each other; but fortunately this is Lucas and he has more sense than that. It's his mother for crying out loud, lighten up!

Of course, the last word in the sentence doesn't necessarily have to be "you." Maybe she was saying, "I love bacon," but never finished the sentence.:D

Anyway, it's a very moving scene, IMO, and at least in the comic adaption, is followed immediately by Anakin's slaughter of the Tuskens. I think this is great since the rage Anakin is feeling will be understood completely by the audience.

I edited out some of my harsher comments, so NYAAHH!! :p

I would really like to know WHY people consider Shmi's lines so corny and schmaltzy.

Jargo, you bring a whole new dimension to the argument with your 'bought him like a slab of sausage' theory.

Jargo
04-14-2002, 04:12 PM
Depends on what kind of tenderness. Depends if Shmi is really his Mother. HA! Didn't think of that one did ya? huh, she coulda just bought him like a common piece of meat in a market. "I want a baby but I'm a sterile old boot so I'll just go buy one from the slave market with this years earnings....." Hmmmm. :rolleyes:

chewie
04-20-2002, 07:56 PM
Lucas shoulda done it up using the "themes" as he likes to call it.

Shmi: "Obi-Wan never told you who your father was..."
Anakin: "He told me enough. He told me I had no father."
Shmi: "No! "I" am your father!" (dies)
Anakin: NoooooooOOOO!!!! (procedes to chop up sand people women and children)

Actually. More South Park-like that way. :)

JEDI JAY AND SILENT
04-22-2002, 03:59 AM
SHE SAYS:

Anikin I have somthing to tell you.......
the Phoenix Coyotes will win the stanley cup!!!!
GO COYOTES!!!!
:D :p

Slicker
06-25-2006, 12:04 AM
I think she'll say something along the lines of "I lo...I lo...I loooove you..." and then die.

2-1B
06-25-2006, 01:07 AM
Mmmmmm, no Slick, I'm sorry, I'll have to defer to Lloyd Christmas on this one: "not if you count the gurgling sound."

lol

Why does it say Awaiting Confirmation under JEDI JAY AND SILENT's username? :confused:

El Chuxter
12-08-2006, 06:26 PM
They should've paid tribute to the Dinosaurs TV series, and had her dying words as: "Ugh, ugh, I'm dying, you idiot."

Kidhuman
12-08-2006, 09:07 PM
I think she says " There is another Skywalker"

JediTricks
12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
"Who... who are you? Where's my little Jake Lloooyyyyyd-*urk*"

CaptainSolo1138
12-08-2006, 09:52 PM
"Dude, Ani, that Padme chick is seriously hot! Your dad must've give you some world class juice....."

Bel-Cam Jos
12-09-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't... want... to make... sarcastic... comments. Must... resist... urge...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! (eyes turn yellow, evil grin appears)

#1 "Listen... Do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell... Let me whisper in your ear... whoah... wh-"

#2 "Annie... I have the other half of your locket... you're not a little orphan, Annie... you're a real boy! "

#3 "Annie... come closer... I found the shoe in the asteroid field! It's in the part where-"

#4 "So, you whizzed on the electric fence, eh?"

El Chuxter
09-18-2009, 06:18 PM
They should've paid tribute to the Dinosaurs TV series, and had her dying words as: "Ugh, ugh, I'm dying, you idiot."

Y'know, I just saw a guest looking at this thread, and though about dredging it up just to say that, only to see that I said it three years ago.

That show was classic. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95WhEeXXCpI)