PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Vintage Figure???

GNT
08-30-2001, 03:17 AM
As I'm sure you guys and Gals have favourite vintage figures who are they and why?

evenflow
08-30-2001, 08:52 AM
I have to say that Yoda is my favorite figure, Amanaman and the Royal Guard are tied for second.

JEDIpartner
08-30-2001, 09:49 AM
Royal Guard ROCKS!

The original Threepio is a second.

bigbarada
08-30-2001, 10:05 AM
I can only base this on figures I've actually owned (so that leaves out most of the POTF figures). But it's still kind of a toss-up. I would have to say my favorite figure consistently from childhood to adulthood has been the Imperial Commander. I loved him as a kid and I still think he's one of the best figures from the original line. Probably one of the most underrated too.

I've always kind of liked the generic humans since I could just pretend they were me.

Emperor's Royal Guard gets second because he's still the quintessential Royal Guard figure.

Rebel Commander gets third for the same reasons I like the Imperial Commander.

Sith Worm
08-30-2001, 10:15 AM
As a child I have to say the most played with would have to be Dath Vader!

As an adult I would have to say Amanaman.

As second runner uo I would have to say of course the Stormies!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2001, 01:03 PM
Can you believe I can't locate a thread like this in the Old Forums?

I loved Hoth Han! Holsters rule, even if the gun's backwards. I have yet to touch Trooper Luke, as he's one of my few unopened ones, so he might overtake Han.

Lobito
09-04-2001, 05:31 PM
Fav. vintage figures:

1.- Han solo (Original)
2.- Luke bespin Fatigues
3.- Yoda
4.- Snowtrooper
5.- Luke Jedi Knight

Thats all folks!!

GNT
09-08-2001, 11:17 PM
My favourite figures are:

1. Snaggletooth - Cool figure,his small and very different,plus I like his belt buckle :)

2. Fx-7 - This droid has so many hands/arms :)
3. Vader - Like his lightsaber in his arm :)
4. Amanaman - Big strange looking Bananna :)

bigbarada
09-14-2001, 11:47 PM
I forgot to mention Barada. He's my current favorite, and not just because I paid $45 for him. He's also the first beefed-up SWAF.

GNT
09-15-2001, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I forgot to mention Barada.

How could you forget? Since your named after him :)

GNT
01-14-2002, 01:17 AM
*bump*

Wooooof
01-19-2002, 06:59 PM
In case my namesake doesn't give it away I would choose the original misnomered Klaatu. The cloth accessories are the coolest features of the vintage figures and if 'Klaatu' ever sees the light of day in the modern line then I guarantee his loincloth will be made of plastic, thus making this vintage version far superior.

darth chuck
01-21-2002, 11:47 PM
My favorite as a kid was the Biker Scout, hands down. After him, I liked Stormtrooper Luke (who I always used as a stormie squad leader who lost his helmet occasionally) and Hoth Luke, because he was very detailed and came with two weapons.

Although the figure that I most looked forward to getting was the Hoth Stormtrooper.

As a kid, the two figs I wanted most but never got was Rebel Fleet Trooper and Mon Calamari crewmen - fortunately, POTJ fixed that.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-24-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by darth chuck
and Hoth Luke, because he was very detailed and came with two weapons.

Hmm... what 2 weapons were those? Mine only came with a rifle with strap. Or is this the POTF2 one with a gun and blue saber?