PDA

View Full Version : Reissued Vintage Figures!

darkjedi
04-01-2002, 12:59 PM
CHECKOUT THIS NEWS!:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=8194

2-1B
04-01-2002, 01:08 PM
Haha, April Fools :rolleyes:

SirSteve was the only one to get me this year :D

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 01:31 PM
nice try!

browndroid
04-01-2002, 02:03 PM
har har har...

darkjedi
04-01-2002, 02:04 PM
What!!an anpril fool's joke?,I swear I didnt know that!!anyway they did'nt say anything about any April Fool's joke in rebelscum.com!are you sure??!!:(

icatch9
04-01-2002, 02:10 PM
Today wouldn't be the best day to trust any news. You know how people like to play little jokes. Besides, These figures aren't inovative or something we would want to open. That's what Steven Sansweat said, and his word is GOD.

2-1B
04-01-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
That's what Steven Sansweat said, and his word is GOD.

Now that is a great joke ! :D :D :D

Bel-Cam Jos
04-01-2002, 06:55 PM
I find reissued Vintage figures all the time nowadays. Except the poses are worse and the prices are higher. No joke. Well, the quality is, I suppose... :(

RooJay
04-22-2002, 06:42 PM
I only wish this were true!

Taichi
04-23-2002, 12:42 PM
I agree....

I am a collector of the Vintage line.....and my figures are really starting to show their age....

my Biker Scout (One of my favorite figures) head is starting to spot up, and I'm feeling a little uneasy......do I hunt a new one down, or do I simply paint the head of the one I have???

I dunno.......I like 'em, but they weren't made to last......shame too.....maybe I'll just hafta make castings of the 'real' ones, so that they can live on in some fashion......

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2002, 07:16 PM
I don't think I'd ever get rid of, nor repair, the figures that were mine from the start. I would "hunt a new one down," as you said, Taichi. Cases in point:

-My Hoth Han has his head glued, and his gloves colored black.

-My Walrusman has my initials drawn on his thigh (since his boots are black). My initials? Why, BCJ of course! :rolleyes:

-My SW Threepio is now tarnished to silver, and missing his left hand.

-My Chewbacca has a "blond streak" in his head, from being too close to a stove once.

Now, I do have duplicates that I bought later from collectible shops or where ever. Could I part with these "less-than mint" loose ones? Never! :happy: Arr! :Pirate:

LusiferSam
05-17-2002, 01:18 AM
I couldn't get rid of or repair my vintage figures either. The ones I had as a kid for just to precious. Lots of my are beat up but still look good. I have gone a new Lando and Ben because my original are is terrible shape.