PDA

View Full Version : Combined Toy Fair Vader thread

ACPin
03-27-2002, 09:26 PM
I sent the FC this email last Friday morning since I wasn't able to get in and order the Toyfair Vader the previous night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
To whom it may concern,

After hours of trying last night to get through to order the Toy Fair 2002 25th Anniversary Darth Vader, I find out that it has been out of stock again! This is frustrating and is totally unacceptable. I'm pretty sure some members have already doubled up on their orders from the first batch. Why can't you guarrantee that every member get this figure? Those that have already ordered before should not be able to order again until all the other members have been able to do so.

ACPin

I didn't think much that the FC would respond to my email anyway. Just thought I'd vent my frustration about it. But yesterday I got this email from the FC.

We know that the site was severely overburdened last Thursday night and was unable to process many people's orders. You will have one more chance to purchase this item, though. We will have a very limited number available for members only by phone only on Wednesday 3/27/02 at or slightly after 9:00 AM Pacific time, Wednesday. We do not recommend telling anyone about this as there are very limited numbers available and this is intended for people that missed out on ordering through no fault of their own.

Hope that helps,
xxxxxx
Star Wars Fan Club

This morning I was on the phone for about 30 minutes before I got through. Yes! I did get my order in. :D

Kudos to the folks at the FC for responding to my email. :cool:

LTBasker
03-27-2002, 09:44 PM
They're still for members only, which is a load of crock.

Cotasnoova
03-28-2002, 01:48 PM
I have just received 4 Toyfare Fair Vaders from the Fanclub and they are ALL damaged! The paint on the back has rubbed off in spots and the lightabers have paint chips on them. The cards are dinged up and one edge on one is completely smashed. I thought these were collector grade and were being shipped out in awesome condition. When I called to ask for replacements, the fan club said they can only give out a refund. All that time online and on the phone is now wasted!

I am wondering are there problems with anyone elses figures???

Cotasnoova

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 02:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune!!! I didn't order one of these... now I'm kinda glad! Now... conversely- My AOTC poster arrived in MINT condition. I don't understand the logic in their packaging techniques.

Jedi Drew
03-28-2002, 05:17 PM
I recived mine today thru Fed-X and it was in GREAT shape sorry to hear about your damaged one's. I also recived an extra Ody W/Pit Droid. Did any one else get a free figure??? :happy: :happy:

Turbowars
03-28-2002, 08:52 PM
I'm also sorry to hear about that. Its just another sign of how crappy the fan club has gotten, very poorly run. The club just emailed me that mine was mailed on the 22nd, I ask then where the hell is it!! I tell you what, if mine is smashed I'll be pretty ****ed off after paying special shipping charges. I guess the only worse thing that could happen is not getting it at all. If it does get samshed and I have to get a refund, then I'm going to demand the interest for the time my credit card has been charged, Like that would happen;)

AmanaMatt
03-28-2002, 09:10 PM
heck, I'll take a damaged one off you. I couldn't order one as I do not have a membership

stevenmh
03-28-2002, 09:16 PM
Mine showed up yesterday in good condition. However, I did notice today on the First USA website that my VISA was charged FOUR TIMES for the order. Yes, four times. I tried calling on my lunchbreak both yesterday and today, but after being on hold for 20 minutes I hung up.

How did you get to order 4 of them? I thought there was a limit of two.

Cotasnoova
03-28-2002, 10:47 PM
I have more than one membership

Lord Malakite
03-30-2002, 01:26 AM
For those unable to pick up a Toy Fair Vader through the Fan Club, a few sites are giving some away in the coming days.

Jundlandwastes plans on giving one away soon. Keep checking the website for further details.

http://www.jundlandwastes.com/

Yakface plans on giving one to the 500th poster on their new forums. The only condition, your posts have to be legitimate, no post padding.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/

Finally, there is still a little time left to enter Hasbro's Celebration II Sweepstakes for a chance at one of 30 Toy Fair Vaders if I remember correctly, not to mention a chance to possibly win the Celebration II Exclusive figure.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/

2-1B
04-01-2002, 02:27 PM
Emperor Howdy had a nice thread going, but since that one'll be closed I thought we could continue talking about the arrivals here . . . because a few minutes ago the FED EX truck pulled up to my house ! :)

Wow, I was nervous opening the box because there have been some poorly packed shipments. I'm glad to say both of mine are in nice shape, a little smudging around the peghole, but this will make a nice display piece.

No damage to the saber either :D

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Good for you. I hear that they had several different packing styles, some better than other. How was your packed if you don't mind me asking?

Dave_Cameron
04-01-2002, 02:32 PM
I was really thinking about getting one of these, but ended up not doing so. It was hard to come by. I'm really happy that you got one!!! Now- if there weren't so many scalpers and figure hoarders grabbing them up... some of us might have had a chance. Not to worry. It's just a toy.

2-1B
04-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Well, I opened the box to find these gray foam squares just floating about. Watto was on top, that card is minty fresh. They must not have moved many from the TPM days. And the 2 Vaders were back to back, with a few feet of thin foam wrapped around them.

Definitately not what I expected from their promise of better shipping, I'll just consider myself lucky that they are in great shape. My friend and I only wanted 1 each for display on card (I open most of my stuff but I bought this one for the package ;) )

2-1B
04-01-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Dave_Cameron
It's just a toy.

That's how I feel too :) That packaging just reminds me of the vintage days, so I had to get one. If it was just a silver Vader on a regular card I don't think I would have gone for it.

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 02:40 PM
Well, I guess you got the good packer. It seems that they wrapped mine once back to back and put some paper on top and below.

I am though happy that some people are getting theirs in good shape. But not the Collector shape they offer, they say it is almost perfect, which is hard to believe. And no, there should have been no charge for exra shipping cost.

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 02:41 PM
Aren't they going to release tons of silver vader in the future, just not with the Toy Fair logo? That is what I read somewhere, I can't remeber where it was though.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 03:01 PM
This was strictly limited to that run. I didn't get one either. You got THAT right Mr. Cameron!- Dirty scalpers and figure hoarders, indeed! :mad:

Lone Jedi
04-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Glad to hear you bounty arrived intact, Caesar. I got my Vader today, but being the unlucky soul that I am, it just so happens that Vader's saber arrived broken (still attached by the paint, but the plastic is clearly cracked in two). Collector's grade my ***!

Beast
04-01-2002, 09:47 PM
I got mine a few days ago, packed in a nice sturdy box with lots of foam. It seems I was luckier then alot of people, as both of mine showed up minty fresh. Frankly, I wish you guys that intended to keep yours carded had gotten mine, and I would have gotten yours. I really am torn about opening this one, since it arrived in such excellent condition. Maybe I will slit the bottom of the bubble open and slide the figure out. That way I can repackage it, and hang it on my wall in a Protech case, incase I choose to later on. Great figure though, even if it is a vac metallized "Final Jedi Duel" Vader. :D Sorry about all of you that missed out on this one, wish I had extras to offer ya at cost. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
04-01-2002, 10:01 PM
i wonder how many people bought way more than they really needed, thus eliminating any hope of collectors like me from getting a chnace at this.

Lord Malakite
04-01-2002, 10:11 PM
Rebelscum has posted this on their site after talking with the official Fan Club.

On the current availability of the Toy Fair Vader:

We have very few of the figure left (in the tens), and they are all non-collector quality (i.e. the figure itself is fine, but the packaging has a defect rendering it less than mint/near mint condition). There is a chance these figures will be made available for sale on the site at a later date. They would obviously be sold at a discounted price since they are no longer in collector quality.

Return Policy on damaged figures:

Figures may be returned up to 30 days from the date of invoice for a full refund of the product purchase price

2-1B
04-02-2002, 02:24 AM
Lone Jedi, I cringe at your story of the broken saber. That's my biggest complaint on this item, the fact that it sticks out of the blister. Just looks awkward to me :stupid:

Binksy, if the figure was a new sculpt I would possibly open him . . . but right away when I learned it was the resculpt I decided I would only buy it for the presentation of the package.

Let us know what you think of the loose figure if you do open him.
Looking at it right now, it does appear you could slide it out from the bottom with relative ease. But good luck getting the saber blade back through that tiny hole :D

Beast
04-02-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Binksy, if the figure was a new sculpt I would possibly open him . . . but right away when I learned it was the resculpt I decided I would only buy it for the presentation of the package.

Let us know what you think of the loose figure if you do open him.
Looking at it right now, it does appear you could slide it out from the bottom with relative ease. But good luck getting the saber blade back through that tiny hole :D
Binksy? Cool...do I get a new nickname now? I was called Binkie a while back but I like Binksy better. After all, I am not a clown from Garfield, or a pacifier. :D If my brother had not wanted one, I would have atleast had one to keep carded, and one to open.

I probably will open him soon, I have attempted to keep carded figures in the past, and it just doesn't work for me. I like to get my hands on them and mess around with them and set up dioramas and stuff. Only figures I have carded now are a few from POTF2 and E1 I picked up for trade bait later on. Oh, and my Jar Jar Binks carded collection..of course. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
04-02-2002, 02:42 AM
I do open most of my figures, but the few I keep carded are fun too. I like looking back over the years with a few carded figures because it's nostalgic and offers a nice visual collecting timeline for me. Heck, the Watto figure I got as a bonus to the TF Vader was pretty refreshing because I haven't seen the Episode I card in awhile (the few I have are currently boxed up).

ACPin
04-02-2002, 07:28 AM
Mine came yesterday and yes they were packaged like everybody else with the foam squares. Lucky to get them MOMC and it's not one for openers IMHO. Just like the theater edition Luke, I like this figure carded than opened. :cool:

For those who still haven't gotten them, why not try to do what I did (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5371)? Maybe the FC will tip you off, if and when they're available.

SithDroid
04-02-2002, 08:56 AM
Well I sent them an e-mail talking about how I couldn't get through because of their stupid site not recognizing my membership status. They replied and told me how to log in "correctly", but they never told me about the phone order thing. Plus it took them a day to respond and by then, they were gone. I don't like WOTC running the Fan Club.

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 09:51 AM
The Fan Club is a crock of crap...! I shouldn't have to belong to something that serves me no other purpose than to get me an "in" on ordering things I WOULD want.

LTBasker
04-02-2002, 01:29 PM
It's stupid having to pay anything extra just for a membership just to get an all ready over priced toy. I liked it much better when Dan Madsen was in charge. :frus:

icatch9
04-02-2002, 02:34 PM
I always find it funny when these on line ordering sites get thier server overburdened. What did they think no one would want one. Why don't they prepair for 6 million people loging on at one time, that would make more since.

I have to agree that since the club changed over it has dropped the ball an awful lot. I thought after they were in charge for a while they would get the hang of it, but it's been like a year and it still has a million billion bugs in it. I guess we can complain, but that hasn't worked. There is just little that we can do.

I am sorry, but don't you enjoy the magazine. After all that is what you are paying for. I think the magazine is very good even thought somethings are out dated by press time. Never the less I find it very interesting. It would be a crock if they charged $20.00 for the chance to buy their excluisves that they offer ever 15 months.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-02-2002, 03:55 PM
But isn't the fan club magazine really one big advertisement? I know it has articles and inside info, but what else can they cram into it? If you look at it, it's talking about three movies that are 20-25 years old, a newer movie, and one just about to be released. What else can they really talk about. There's only so much material before you start repeating yourself. $20 or so for only 6 mos. of magazines, plus the right to buy a rehashed figure doesn't seem like that great of a bargain. Drop it to $15 and maybe we'll talk.

PloKoon2385
04-02-2002, 04:28 PM
I just received my ToyFair Vader yesterday. I am very angry. This is due to the fact that Hasbro only sent ONE of them. And, as you know they are no longer available. I emailed them, but no reply yet. Grrr. They also didn't send the RealStands which I ordered. But they charged for both and circled both saying they shipped them. Grrr...:mad:

evenflow
04-02-2002, 04:42 PM
I got mine today. All good except for the stratch on the lightsaber itself. Other than that I am pretty happy.

Turbowars
04-02-2002, 07:16 PM
Is it safe to post in here? JK:) I got mine from FEDX on Saturday and it was very minty, not one crease or dent. I would say it's MOMC, but some people get mad. The packing wasn't that great, so I don't know how it came in such good condition. I would like to add I only bought 1 in hopes one of us collectors could get one. I hope not too many scalpers bought 8 with 4 memberships. Where did I get those numbers? I just made it up.

Lord Malakite
04-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
I hope not too many scalpers bought 8 with 4 memberships. Where did I get those numbers? I just made it up.
(Taps fingures on desk.) Don't start fueling the fire with gasoline again turbo, you'll end up getting a nasty burn. I guess some people will never learn. :rolleyes:

Turbowars
04-02-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite

(Taps fingures on desk.) Don't start fueling the fire with gasoline again turbo, you'll end up getting a nasty burn. I guess some people will never learn. :rolleyes: Is that a threat Malakite, sure sounds like one. I have never threaten anyone here on the forums,(nor do I plan on it) but I sure do know who did. Us collectors need to stick together. Who's side are you on anyways? Do you condemn such practices. Last nigt you said you liked the whole thing and now you changed your tune. A fact is a fact 8 were scalped using 4 memberships. I guess we can't express ourselves because a scalper is on board. I log on every single day and a few times a day at that. I enjoy this site tremulously and I would hate to be booted off, so I'll call it quits.

Turbowars
04-02-2002, 08:02 PM
Customer service does'nt exist anymore, not just at the fan club, it's everywhere. Just trying to talk to a real live person it tuff these days, sorry to hear about that though.

Sidiously Darth
04-02-2002, 08:15 PM
As many others, mine arrived yesterday w/ the grey, foam squares. Watto was MOMC, Sail Barge Leia and Queen Decoy were near mint but were immediately opened. Toy Fair Vader was near mint but the top of the card was kind of warped because it wasn't lying flat. I'm currently trying to get the card to lay flat by putting a video tape on it. I'll probably buy a protec to store it in.

Unlike others, the shipping on my package was free. I only bought 1 vader but the 2 other figures added up to over $30.

As for a scalper being among us, I am not surprised. Something about a wolf in sheeps clothing comes to mind. If I was a scalper, this would be a great place to get info and make friends. What would I care, it's all about the "benjamins"!:greedy:

I think the 84 +/- Vaders on ebay right now sort of speaks for itself. A good portion of the ones ordered were bought with the intentions of profit. Sorry bums!!!

Lord Malakite
04-02-2002, 09:11 PM
No, I 'm not threatening you. I'm just trying to warn you to drop this pointless debate. Every time I think its settled you come back with a remark bringing it up again. When I stated that I thought it was funny, I meant it in an ironic sort of way. I have several younger siblings that bicker about such pointless things. Deep down you wish that they would quit fighting about such little things like "he touched me" or "he is looking at me funny", but at the same time you get them to quit they start up again and your left laughing to yourself in disbelief saying to yourself "Unbelievable, I just settled this five minutes ago and here they are at again with something else". I'm sorry to say it, but you guys were acting like infants, and that goes for both sides. Thats not saying much since you guys are supposed to be adults or close to it. Do I like scalping? No, I don't particularily care for the practice. Scalping is so bad in my area that I was lucky just to find the Ketwol wave at a normal retail store. I have gotten most of my newer figures at a local video game store, simply due to the fact that scalpers don't think to look there. At the same time, I'm not into mud slinging and name calling either. That is as degrading as scalping in my opinion. Although he hasn't come out and said it, I'd bet you that even SirSteve is getting tired of it. Name calling and hate e-mails aren't going to stop the scalping practice no matter how hard you try, so its pointless to even try. Cos, despite being rude to several people here and practicing something you guys don't like, did indeed try to drop it a few times. Then you came back and nagged him on with a remark about how you would much rather egg him on some more. Sure it was wrong of Cos to mention that he had that many figures, but being a newer member, I don't think he ever truly intended to have his post go that far. All his other posts not related to the Vader figure are for the most part decent. I don't want to see anyone here get banned. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion as to what is right and wrong with collecting. Just don't go insulting them based solely on the fact that what he believes in dosen't match what you believe in. Believe me, I have seen some sites out there in which a mod or admin would tell a person to go to hell and then ban you for simply asking a question or trying to be helpful on a site. Luckily I and the rest of this site aren't like that. I'm not trying to be mean or unjust to you or anyone else on this site, turbo. I like to read everybodys posts here on just about everything, just as long as it is meaningful. Mud slinging isn't meaningful, no matter what its about. Its just a simple fact that this practice needs to end now. It was getting too far out of hand.

TheBigSloppy
04-02-2002, 09:49 PM
Just wondering. . .

It seems that by closing a forum - one in which will go unnamed for fear a riot will ensue - the number of posts left by a member within that forum are subtracted from the most recent post count. Seems that I am a poodoo slinger again. . .or farm boy or whatever. Bummer. I had some worthy posts.:(

Let me get off this tangent and add that I got my DV last week! He is all so minty fresh. I only wish I could apply him to my teeth and get that yellowish pee stain off. What a marketing campaign. . .Darth Vader with flouride and whitening toothbrush saber. You too, young Jedi, can fight the dark side of tooth decay.:D

The card was crisp, clean and no bends. The bubble is flawless. Figure centered beaultifully, as is the decal. Saber is perfect! This is a great display piece. I personally like the monochromatic look. The red plays well off the silvery black of the figure, as well as the glossy black of the card.

I wish Hasbro would have considered this art direction when they designed the AOTC line. Just looking at the box the Starfighter is packaged in makes me squeamish. Over-designed. Busy. Not too too exciting. As my daughter says, 'It's ka ka.'

Starting to miss the POTJ and EPI packaging already. . .Once you reach the apex, there is only one way to go from there.

JediTricks
04-03-2002, 01:34 AM
Mine came with some slight wear to the cardback, but I knew right away that there'd be no hope of replacing it, so I accepted the issue.

I got a free Watto figure in perfect condition, and it's an early .00 version (not that I care for such things, but it's a nice thing to have around).

JediTricks
04-03-2002, 01:57 AM
Everybody, this is not the proper thread to discuss "scalper/anti-scalper" issues, and harping on any one member is not a welcome posting tactic. This is not a statement of opinion on this matter and it should not concern any one of you how other posters are dealt with by the forums moderating team.

I got my vader, it had some light wear on the back of the card, but was otherwise acceptable. The packaging, the spongy gray squares and thick white foam "paper", did the trick for the most part, but it didn't seem nearly as secure as my $7 was supposed to have paid for.

Sidiously Darth
04-03-2002, 02:21 AM
I can understand people not being happy that their items did not come as specified. That's logical, especially in light of the fact most paid extra shipping. Mine's not perfect but I'm just happy to have one. It's in a heck of a lot better shape than the Theater Luke Jedi I had and I was happy to have that one. If you are unhappy with your Vaders, I am sure there are collectors here that would gladly pay you cost and shipping for the figure. You'd be getting a refund and making some collector(s) happy. I saw one post already asking to buy a damaged one. It's just a thought...

And remember cost for Fan Club members was $11.99 but that would be between the buyer and seller.:)

2-1B
04-03-2002, 03:22 AM
Wow JT, you aren't kidding about the $7. Today I gave my second Vader to a friend, and when he asked how much he owed me, I said "14.99 . . . *mumbling* 18 and a half after shipping ;) )

I wonder what that card wear is from? Mine isn't "scratchy", but more "rubbed off". But it's quite manageable :)

Turbowars
04-03-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth

And remember cost for Fan Club members was $11.99 but that would be between the buyer and seller.:) [/B]If you have seen and heard how much people are selling and buying these Vader's you know that no one is going to sell it for 11.99. Heck I gave up on the Fan Club about 2 years ago, canceled my membership and had to pay 14.99 for my one Vader. Some scalpers bought more than their share and sold them on ebay, what a suprise. I think the highest I saw was $300+ for C-9.5 and about 75 for C8. I hope not everyone that wanted this Vader doesn't get too burned on the costs.

Jedi Drew
04-03-2002, 08:25 PM
If I had an extra one or two I WOULD sell it to a true collector like Jedipartnr or to you Turbo at cost BUT...I only ordered one unlike other people. Sorry..... :( :( :(

Turbowars
04-03-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Drew
If I had an extra one or two I WOULD sell it to a true collector like Jedipartnr or to you Turbo at cost BUT...I only ordered one unlike other people. Sorry..... :( :( :( Thanks and I'd do the same for you Jedi Drew

JediTricks
04-04-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
I wonder what that card wear is from? Mine isn't "scratchy", but more "rubbed off". But it's quite manageable :) I'd guess it's from the figures being in the cases too tightly, I've seen this on other figures in the past (though usually, Hasbro inserts thin sheets of paper between figures to keep this from happening these days).

JediTricks
04-04-2002, 12:09 AM
Looking at the POTJ forum's first page, I see 5 threads all about this one figure on just the one page, so I'm combining them into one thread. If there are other threads that belong here, PM me and let me know.

Beast
04-04-2002, 02:13 AM
You guys want to see somthing really shocking and disgusting!! This guy has an auction up for the Toy Fair Darth Vader, and in one of the pictures he shows it with 21 others!!!.

Any wonder that some of you guys weren't able to acquire one. You know darn well that this guy wasn't the only one to order so many, and the fact he flaunted it in the picture for his auction isn't even funny. :(

I hope the mods don't get mad about talking about the scalping issue, but this guy isn't on the forums...and you have to admit, that hoarding 22 of them isn't even funny and should be exposed. :( Here is a link to his auction site, and I am saving a picture, cause it's a little to big to upload here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1719121052

Here is a link to just the picture of the 22 Darth Vader's. I know the mods don't really want links to ebay auctions here on the forum, so if they wanna remove the link they can just keep this link to the picture.

http://alliancecollectibles.com/images/collage.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
04-04-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I hope the mods don't get mad about talking about the scalping issue, but this guy isn't on the forums...and you have to admit, that hoarding 22 of them isn't even funny and should be exposed. :( Here is a link to his auction site, and I am saving a picture, cause it's a little to big to upload here.

No, we don't mind. Just as long as you don't resort to pointless name calling and insults. By the way, I see you have chosen a new avatar. Its nice.

Beast
04-04-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
No, we don't mind. Just as long as you don't resort to pointless name calling and insults. By the way, I see you have chosen a new avatar. Its nice.
Cool, thanks Malakite. The guy isn't on the forums, so I don't see that being a problem. What you think of the auction and the image of the guy having 22 of the Toy Fair Vader's?

Oh and thanks for the avatar compliment, I stole it from Sir Steve's front page. :D I really need to make a new one totally, but I am a Star Wars geek, not a computer geek. ;)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-04-2002, 02:43 AM
I think we all know how each other feel about this issue, so there is no reason to discuss it anymore, IMO. I was in a comic store today where they had 3 of them, with prices of $200 a piece. Come on people! I really don't see how anyone would pay $12 for this let alone $200. I

f this was a regular figure released to stores, everyone would be here complaining how its a stupid repaint, and how Hasbro is just following McFarlane in repainting old figures. They'd be clogging the pegs just like its Flasback brother.

Lord Malakite
04-04-2002, 02:58 AM
I think he is showing off quite a bit. Its bad enough he's selling them for profit, but its even worse to show how many he has managed to get a hold of by stacking them all up on top of each other.

At least he is doing one decent thing by providing a Star Case. If the Fan Club did this along with their others precautions, not as many would of arrived with damaged cards or broken sabers.

stormie
04-04-2002, 11:39 AM
Well, not to whine or anything, but I'm one of those "true collectors" that wasn't able to get a Vader...and if anyone does have a damaged one (even really badly damaged), or even an extra that they'd be willing to part with, I'd be more than happy to buy it or trade for it.

...and if there's any doubt as to how sick...er, I mean true a collector I am, the link in my sig. should tell all. ;)

icatch9
04-04-2002, 12:04 PM
I don't know that guy, but it looks like they could be the same one pictured over and over again. Still he has more than one and that seems to be the problem. You have to remember that to many people Star Wars is a business, and they give 2 $hit$ about collectors. That is to say they care only about money. Just like any other business. It is un fair, but such is life. I am hopeing against hope that the fan club realizes its mistake and makes up for it buy pumping out millions of these.

Lone Jedi
04-04-2002, 09:30 PM
Okay guys, I know this probably belongs in the classifieds (sorry, Jeditricks and moderators), but I'm willing to sell my broken saber TF Vader for what I paid for it ($14.99 plus tax and shipping) *IF* anyone wants to open it and display it with a replacement saber (or I guess you could try to super glue it back together). I'm strictly a carded collector and after some thought, it isn't worth it for me to ship it back to the Fan Club since the refund doesn't cover the shipping + insurance I'd have to pay. I'd rather one of you guys have it. The card is easily a c-9.5 (no creases or wrinkles); the saber is just cracked into wo pieces held together by the red paint. If interested, e-mail me and we'll work out the details.

TheBigSloppy
04-04-2002, 10:10 PM
Lone Jedi,

I don't want it. Thanks for asking. I just wanted to take the time and say what you are doing is truly admirable. KUDOS to you. You have my respect. I am glad to know there are real people in this hobby that sometimes care more about others than themselves. You are a noble person indeed!!! I'm sure others will attest to this. . .thanks again! But no thanks.

P.S. Sorry the figure came bungled. It appears this has been commonplace with the quality of the Fan Club's shipping. $7 my fat ar$e.

Turbowars
04-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Maybe the only way to have them come in good condition was to buy in large quantities. The fine people that are selling them on e-bay for 100+ seem to have them in great shape. The only question I have is how did these people buy so many, when there was a 2 Vader limit? :crazed: :confused: :crazed:

Lord Malakite
04-04-2002, 11:34 PM
I just found out from my brother that his and my Vader arrived a little while ago and here's a new complaint for the Fan Club. They didn't ship the free figure, only the the Vaders. I guess its only fair though. Both Vaders came on mint cards with perfect sabers.

Jedi Drew
04-05-2002, 08:43 AM
The saber on mine is O.K. BUT....now that I look, the Silver Sticker is kind of messed up-like it got ripped and they put it back on. Oh well...HH:) :)

Emperor Howdy
04-05-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Looking at the POTJ forum's first page, I see 5 threads all about this one figure on just the one page, so I'm combining them into one thread. If there are other threads that belong here, PM me and let me know.

Well, where's MY "Toy Fair Vader arrives.." thread? Mine always gets deleted! I'm sick of it!! I hate you!! I hate you!! I HATE you!!! Boohoohoo:cry: :cry: ...............::runs upstairs, slams door, and lays face-first in pillow::......::JediTricks knocks softly on door, "Howdy, now come on"::......::"Leave me alone!!::.......::"I'm serious now, open the door"::.....::"NO!"::........::"Howdy, last chance or I'm calling your father!"::........::"So, you don't know my father"::............::"Howdy, there's something I never told you.......I AM your father!!"::.............::"N...n...n....noooooooooo!......That's not true!......That's impos.......wait a minute.....if you ARE my father....that means that you.....:eek:......NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"::

JediTricks
04-06-2002, 04:02 AM
Sorry EH, that thread got deleted a few days before the rest all culminated for different reasons (I didn't do it, so I don't know the specifics), but I assure you it had nothing to do with it being your thread (unlike today's ventures EH ;)).

Lord Malakite
04-06-2002, 04:44 AM
Sorry EH, that thread got deleted a few days before the rest all culminated for different reasons (I didn't do it, so I don't know the specifics), but I assure you it had nothing to do with it being your thread (unlike today's ventures EH ;)).

Its my fault. I had the thread deleted.

2-1B
04-06-2002, 04:52 AM
I assure you it had nothing to do with it being your thread (unlike today's ventures EH ;)).

Hehehe, I had just finished typing a new post for that one but when I clicked Submit Post it said "no thread specified". I didn't wonder what happened. :D

2-1B
04-11-2002, 03:06 AM
Well, I sure was happy yesterday when I put the TF V in a star case. It really seemed to me that the blister would be too deep. However the bubble plastic gently touches the case plastic, so it fits snug but not too tight. Plus I don't have to worry about that foolishly packed lightsaber being exposed. :D

JediTricks
04-11-2002, 06:45 PM
I only have first-generation Star Cases around here (and only a few of those) and it doesn't fit in those earlier ones at all.