PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking more forward to, AOTC figures or the movie?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-01-2002, 04:09 PM
After all the recent forum talk of finding AOTC figures so dang early I think I'm looking more forward to collecting the figs than seeing the actual movie. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for May 16 to come. But seeing how tight the stores have been lately in releasing the last POTJ waves and the preview figures I am more "caught up" in figure hunting than anything else.

I can see the movie anytime once it's released but some of the figures may be really tough to find once they are released, just like DM with EP1. In my mind :crazed: I'll have to almost camp out at WM or TRU to find anything decent since nada has appeared in my little corner of the world.

Does anybody else have my same attitude or are you just "I'll get around to finding figures when they come out."?

2-1B
04-01-2002, 04:19 PM
Great question Mandalorian Candidat :)

I'm the opposite though. I would like to find a few items early, but I am not that excited about it. So far I only want a few 12" figures and a handful of 3 3/4" figs, so I'm not worried about what I do or don't find.

But I do look forward to 3 weeks from tonight because it will be a fun holdover until 5/16 for me.

:)

JetsAndHeels
04-01-2002, 04:21 PM
While I am anticipating both very eagerly, I am taking it one step at a time. Basically I am looking forward to 4/23 right now because it is very close and I am ready for the toys.
Once I have the toys I will then look to 5/16.
Plus May 16 seems so long from now still, so 4/23 will hold me over until the movie.

Darth Cruel
04-01-2002, 04:31 PM
that I expect the movie to suck, all of the figures are warming the pegs here because they do suck (I have already bought and returned one of each of the AOTC figures, 10 in all including the sneak pukes and the worst [first] wave), I have to say the movie. My fiancee saw a trailer and said it looks a lot better than E1...Here's hoping!

DeadEye
04-01-2002, 04:36 PM
i thought the figures were coming 4/21...

Jargo
04-01-2002, 05:18 PM
Toys, all the way. No - the movie. No - toys. No - the movie. No - toys. No - the movie. No - toys. No - the movie. No - toys.............

Pendo
04-01-2002, 05:29 PM
Movie!!! Gotta be the movie for me.

No wait, the toys...I think...

Movie?....

Toys....

Movie...

Toys....

Movie...

Toys...

Movie...

Erm....CEREAL!!!!!

PENDO!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-01-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
that I expect the movie to suck, all of the figures are warming the pegs here because they do suck (I have already bought and returned one of each of the AOTC figures, 10 in all including the sneak pukes and the worst [first] wave), I have to say the movie.

Wow, DC. Tell me what you really think! ;)

Darth Cruel
04-01-2002, 07:16 PM
I guess I do sound a little angry don't I MC.

DeadEye
04-01-2002, 08:07 PM
So do the figures come out on the 21st or the 23rd?

Jargo
04-01-2002, 08:27 PM
Both. some places will and have jumped the gun and started or will start putting stuff out early in order to cash in on the collector market. others will abide by the date ruling and only put stuff out for sale by the 23rd. I think most places will abide by the ruling actually as it only seems to be WM stores selling stuff early from the reports coming in from central command......

Just keep your eyes peeled and never go to sleep or the sandman will get you. (BTW, why does yotr profile pic look like you're in a prison cell and worried as hell that the big guy called Bubba is going to teach you a little man lovin'?) :) ;) :p

DeadEye
04-01-2002, 09:38 PM
It's not Bubba I was worried about...but my roommate Schubert. j/k

Lobito
04-02-2002, 03:11 PM
The movie 100%, although i already have the sneak figs. but those came without planing. Nevertheless...the movie!!

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 03:17 PM
The book, actually... then the film and then the toys.

DeadEye
04-02-2002, 04:20 PM
Gotta agree with you, partner...how convenient that "partner" is in your name. ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
04-02-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
The book, actually... then the film and then the toys.

So you actually read the book before the movie? Won't that ruin it? I read TPM after seeing it so the book actually enhanced the movie for me. If I did it the other way it wouldn't have been as good.

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 04:34 PM
No... the book didn't ruin it for me... I have found that the books tend to bring out different emotional responses than the film. It's sorta like reading about a horrible accident and seeing one first hand.

Knowing the plot hasn't ruined ANYTHING for me... even as I read the book for ESB before I saw the film. It actually helped me grasp what was going on a little better without being distracted by all the eye candy on the screen and then going... "Uh? What did he just say?"

Mandalorian Candidat
04-02-2002, 04:38 PM
OK, but why not see the movie, read the book, then see the movie again? That way it would be kind of like seeing a new thing twice. The first time is a totally new experience, and then by reading the book and seeing the flick again, you pick out all the other stuff.

I read Jurassic Park before the movie came out and I just hated the movie but loved the book. A lot of people who didn't read the book thought the movie was great. I probably would have enjoyed the movie more doing it the latter way.

JediTricks
04-02-2002, 10:54 PM
Movie. The figures I've seen so far don't do it for me, I have a VERY short list of figures I'm gonna buy on April 23rd.

Battle Droid
04-02-2002, 11:26 PM
Definately the movie, I keep watching the Clone War trailer that I taped over & over.

notafinga
04-03-2002, 12:26 AM
I am insanely anticipating this movie, especially after the alleged Barry Knowles review, although I'm actually fairly impressed with the action figure variety that I've seen so far (my figure collecting has tapered off severely by this point, so fresh characters are pretty enticing...resculpts not withstanding)

I'm just hoping there isn't several dozen rehashes of Anikan and Obi-Wan within the first five waves, You know... Jedi Dual Anikan, Jedi Apprentice Anikan with wrist articulated at 45 degree angle and cloth tunic, Lovestruck Anikan with handheld remote featuring quickdial, Drunk Anakin with the singing Jawa trio and karioki intercom (cinema scene),Anakin with moisture farmer disquise ...*ope!!!*

Mandalorian Candidat
04-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Drunken Anakin!? Damn notafinga, don't spoil the movie for me! ;)

Wouldn't that be pretty funny, to see Anakin get plastered wearing a wife-beater T-shirt talking trash to Padme while she's smoking a Kool in their trailer in Naboo Heights?

Brave Sir Robin
04-03-2002, 05:24 PM
The movie, because i'm not sure if I want to collect all the toys, it would wreak hell on my wallet plus I frankly think I have enough Star Wars stuff.

Dryanta
04-03-2002, 09:03 PM
great thread.
The 23rd of april because it's closer than May 16th.the toys will help me get through the last few weeks of waiting.
So the answer for me is really the movie.Toys will be around but there's nothing like seeing an Episode for the very first time!!

187-Maul
04-04-2002, 08:27 AM
definatly the movie although I like some of the figs a lot too