PDA

View Full Version : Bit part actors in other movies

muskrat
08-30-2001, 02:23 AM
In one of my lasts posts (the greedo one) some interesting facts came up....one Garrick Hagon (Biggs) also played Bruce Waynes father in Batman, which also starred Billy Dee Wiliams (Harvey Dent) and as well William Hootkins (Porkins) who played LT. Eckhart...Just wondering anyone else know any other films (besdies the obvious....no Samuel L or Harrison Ford etc...) that some small role SW actors were in? How many movies had multiple SW actors like Batman?......and don't forget Boba Fett in Swing Kids!!!!:p ...lets see who can come up with the most SW actors in one movie....time to put those internet skills to work....so far the record is three.......doesn't matter how small the role so long as they were in any star wars movies ( and for the sake of numbers we can allow some of SW major stars.....so yes Harrison Ford will count........

GNT
08-30-2001, 02:35 AM
The Blues Brothers movie had carrie and Frank Oz in it :)

2-1B
08-30-2001, 02:41 AM
Good call GNT.

Muskrat's query had me stumped, and I am upset that I did not think of the Blues Brothers.

Didn't Oz's flick, Indian in the Cupboard, have a fighting Darth Vader figure? I know it does not fit the question, but I'm scraping here . . . . kid in a Yoda costume in E.T. . . . I better bail out.

2-1B
08-30-2001, 02:58 AM
I thought of a legitimate example - Irvin Kershner in "Angus."

2-1B
08-30-2001, 02:59 AM
This may take the cake as the king of obscurity, but . . .

Niki Botelho, the actress who played Teek, appeared in Batman Returns as an emperor penguin ! ! !

muskrat
08-30-2001, 03:04 AM
Here's a good one Sir Alec Guinness and Michael Culver (Captain Needa) were in Passage To India

evenflow
08-30-2001, 08:33 AM
Most know, but Mark Hamill and Carrie FIsher are in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

El Chuxter
08-30-2001, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Niki Botelho, the actress who played Teek, appeared in Batman Returns as an emperor penguin ! ! !

Aww, ya beat me to it, Caesar! BTW, did you know you can edit your posts? :)

Porkins is Eckhardt?!? File that under "Wouldn't have recognized him in a million years." Cool.

Here's a couple of more obvious ones:
Sleepy Hollow: Ian McDiarmid and Ray Park
several Tom Clancy movies: James Earl Jones and Harrison Ford
Time Bandits: Kenny Baker & Jack Purvis
several 50s horror flicks: Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee
Willow: this is a complete guess, but I'll bet there are about fifty former Ewoks in there! :)

Wasn't there another Star Wars actor (like Jeremy Bulloch, perhaps) in one or more of the Indy movies?

JediTricks
08-30-2001, 11:10 AM
Hootkins was also the army intelligence guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark, which starred Harrison Ford.

The guy who played Veers, Julian Glover, also was the bad guy in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with Harrison Ford.

Jeremy Bulloch has done several James Bond films, The Spy Who Loved Me as a crewmember of the British sub, and For Your Eyes Only (with Julian Glover) and Octo***** as Q's assistant Smithers.

Superman II seems to be the winner though, it had Terence Stamp (Valorum in E1), John "Cliff Claven" Ratzenberger (Mjr. Derlin in ESB), John Hollis (Lobot in ESB), Angus MacInnes (Gold Leader from ANH), John Morton (Dack in ESB), Richard LeParmentier (Motti in ANH), and Marc Boyle (a stuntman on ROTJ).

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-30-2001, 09:57 PM
For those of you who don't know already, the internet movie database website is the best site out there if you need help in finding, for instance, what other movies did Jeremy Bulloch appear in and other such queries. It also has the full listing for cast and crew and neat facts and trivia about certain movies.

http://www.imdb.com

2-1B
08-31-2001, 01:32 AM
Bantha Cleaner, the IMDb is where I got my Teek reference from (I nod respectively to El Chuxter) ! I noticed "her" name on the box of my Battle for Endor tape, so I looked it up - disappointed to find such a slim filmography, but surprised to learn of the portrayer's gender. Teek always seemed so manly to me !

2-1B
08-31-2001, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

Aww, ya beat me to it, Caesar! BTW, did you know you can edit your posts? :)

Speaking of editing, I "LOL"ed when I saw that JediTricks' notation of the film Octo***** was (auto?)edited. Hmm, it makes me wonder, what film was it again that featured ***** Galore?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

GNT
09-01-2001, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Didn't Oz's flick, Indian in the Cupboard, have a fighting Darth Vader figure? I know it does not fit the question, but I'm scraping here . . . .

Yes Darth Vader was in there amoung with Robocop and the T-Rex from Jurassic Park...man I wish I had that cupboard :)

JediTricks
09-01-2001, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by GNT
man I wish I had that cupboard :) You wouldn't be saying that when a tiny Darth Vader slices your neck open with his lightsaber. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2001, 12:51 PM
Tell Cupboard Vader that you're his son, and all you'll lose is your hand!

Ian McDiarmid is in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, which I think was directed by Frank Oz.
Under the Rainbow starred Carrie Fisher and probably several Ewok/Jawa/Ugnaught little people.
Weren't Billy Dee Williams and James Earl Jones in that travelling all-star baseball players film?

GNT
09-04-2001, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
You wouldn't be saying that when a tiny Darth Vader slices your neck open with his lightsaber. ;)

Depends on which version figure he is :)

TeeEye7
09-06-2001, 07:51 AM
Kenny Baker was also in 'Elephant Man". I wonder if he shared a little liver and chianti with Anthony Hopkins during filming......:eek:

.....oops! That's that other movie.......;)

bigbarada
09-07-2001, 11:39 PM
My only problem with The Indian in the Cupboard was; what kid wouldn't want to see Vader duke it out with a T-Rex?

Sleepy Hollow: Ian McDiarmid and Ray Park

Christopher Lee was also in Sleepy Hollow, he was the judge who sent Johnny Depp to investigate the Headless Horseman.

GNT
09-08-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
My only problem with The Indian in the Cupboard was; what kid wouldn't want to see Vader duke it out with a T-Rex?

More like Georges "Vader" VS Stevens "T-Rex",battle of the film directors :)

Magnolia-Fan
09-09-2001, 02:01 AM
A Bridge Too Far (1977) had:

Garrick Hagon (Biggs)
John Morton (Dack)
John Ratzenberger (Major Derlin, Cliff Claven)
Ian Liston (Janson)
Jack McKenzie (Cal Alder)
Robin Scobey (Imperial Officer)

Also, the guy that played Wuher was in a movie called "Lets Get Laid". That give anybody else disturbing visuals?

JediTricks
09-09-2001, 10:49 AM
Looks like Supes-2 has the lead so far with 7.

El Chuxter
09-10-2001, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Magnolia-Fan
Also, the guy that played Wuher was in a movie called "Lets Get Laid". That give anybody else disturbing visuals?

Do you post on moviepoopshoot.com as Magnolia-Fan? Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Isn't it funny that we can dig up more info than the reporters for the Star Wars Insider, who claim to not be able to find out who played Wuher and many others? Hmmmm. . . . :rolleyes:

derek
09-25-2001, 01:32 AM
christopher lee(count dooku) and peter cushing(tarkin) were in a 70's film together called "creeping death".

christopher lee and ian mcdiarmond(sideous) were in "sleepy hollow".

GNT
09-25-2001, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by derek
christopher lee and ian mcdiarmond(sideous) were in "sleepy hollow".

Its been said by bigbarada ;)

Its probably been said but Christopher Lee was in The Man With The Golden Gun as Franciso Scaramanga