PDA

View Full Version : I'm listening to the Episode II soundtrack right now! (April Fools)

El Chuxter
04-01-2002, 05:44 PM
I went into Wal-Mart for some socks last night and, well, I was in Wal-Mart. So I check the toys and find only a couple of R3-T7s with damaged cards. I decide to stop off in electronics and BAM! there it is. One copy of the Jango Fett version of the soundtrack. I couldn't believe it! I almost wet my pants and dashed to the checkout to make my purchase, almost knocking down an old lady.

I just finished listening to it for the first time, and I am really impressed. I did notice almost immediately that the title of the love theme has been erroneously reported as Across the Stars. Turns out it's called Across the Universe. It's a very beautiful melody (with actual English lyrics!!!), and I could sing it all day long. "Nothing's going to change my world, nothing's going to change my world. . . ." Simply beautiful, though I'm not sure what the meaning of the jungle animal sounds at the beginning of the track is.

I think my next favorite track has got to be Boba's Picnic on Nal Hutta. The sound of Boba Fett's theme being played on what sounds like a timpani, with accompaniment by a tambourine and kazoo, is whimsical to say the least.

I also really like a track called Watto's New Hat.

I especially dig the end credit music. I wasn't sure what to make of the poppy vocals of N-Sync combined with the London Symphony Orchestra the first time I heard it, but it's grown on me. I have to say that The Jedi Go Into Hyperspace (Bye Bye Bye)/End Credits has become like Augie's Great Municipal Band--I'll love it more every time I hear it.

What are you waiting for? Go check your local Wally-World! If you don't see it under soundtracks, be sure to check under. . .
. . . APRIL FOOL!!!
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :Pirate:

JediTricks
04-03-2002, 12:17 AM
Shows what you know, I actually heard the REAL soundtrack last week - the "bonus track" at the end sounds like an adventure through a Jawa Sandcrawler to me. :D

As with all other Ape-fools threads, "thread closed".