PDA

View Full Version : Dooku & Obi-Wan scene.

Battle Droid
04-01-2002, 05:12 PM
This comes from www.episode-x.com , I hope it's not an April Fools joke.

After Obi-Wan’s capture by Droids he is brought into a dungeon, where he is held captive, suspended in midair inside a blue force field.
Count Dooku enters the room, very suave, saying that there has been a terrible mistake. “They've gone too far. This is madness.”

Obi-Wan counters that he thought he [Dooku] was their leader, to which the Count quickly replies that this has nothing to do with him, and that he promises to petition immediately to have him set free.

Obi-Wan cynically remarks that he hopes it doesn’t take too long, as he has work to do.

Dooku now changes his approach, saying it’s a great pity their paths have never crossed before. “Qui-Gon always spoke very highly of you. I wish he were still alive. I could use his help right now.”

Obi-Wan shoots back that Qui-Gon would have never joined him [Dooku].

“Don't be so sure, my young Jedi. He was once my apprentice, just as you were once his” counters Dooku, who goes on saying Qui-Gon knew all about the corruption in the Senate. “We would never have gone along with it if he had known the truth as I have.”

Obi-Wan carefully follows. “The truth?”

At this point Dooku drops the shocker. “What if I told you that the Republic was now under the control of the Dark Lords of the Sith.”

Obi-Wan is dumbstruck. “No. That's not possible. The Jedi would be aware of it.”

Dooku explains that the Dark Side of the Force has clouded their vision. “Hundreds of Senators are now under the influence of a Sith Lord called Darth Sidious.”

Obi-Wan doesn’t believe him.

Dooku continues, revealing to the Jedi that the Viceroy of the Trade Federation was once in league with this Darth Sidious, but he was betrayed. “He came to me for help. The Jedi Council would not believe him. I've tried many times to warn them, but they wouldn't listen to me”. Dooku tells Obi-Wan that he must join him and together they can destroy the Sith.

“I will never join you, Dooku.”

Dooku realises now that there is no chance persuading Obi-Wan and leaves him to his doom. “It may be difficult to secure your release”.

Though it seems like an April Fools joke cause Dooku reveals alot to Obi-Wan.

chewie
04-01-2002, 06:22 PM
Its very close to the dialogue we do know already. If its an April Fool's gag, its just a few extra details plopped into what we knew was going to be said.

Lord Tenebrous
04-01-2002, 06:43 PM
It's legitimate. Note that the name "Sido-Dyas" has been changed to "Sifo-Dyas", so the Sidious connection would still not be clear. The Jedi strongly believe that the Sith Master is dead, and that Darth Tyranus is the Sith Apprentice, responsible for the assassination attempts.

Dooku uses the truth to try to sway Obi-Wan, but it repels him, just as he knew it would...

DeadEye
04-01-2002, 07:09 PM
sounds cool!

spacelord
04-16-2002, 05:00 PM
1. There are strong indications that Dooku was Qui-Gon's Master.
2. There is a know parental-like relationship between master and student.
3. There are indications that Dooku left the order shortly after and partly because of Qui-Gon's death.
4 . There are indications that Dooku was a reveared and senior Jedi Master.
5. Dooku knows Sidious is a Sith.

So why does he seek out and join the one responsible for Qui-Gon's death? He was certainly too powerful for Sidious to manipulate him into it. He trained at the Jedi Temple. If he is just that evil, surely someone would have noticed. Could it be that the counsil did not reveal the presence of the Sith to the other Jedi? Maybe I am getting to old for these movies and should just relax a little.

Jargo
04-16-2002, 05:17 PM
To learn the ways of the dark side he must take the knowledge that Sidious can give him as he no longer has access to the Sith holocron held in the vaults of the Jedi temple.
The Sith are only two at any one time. Dooku must think he is smarter than and stronger than Sidious. he will learn the ways of the Sith and become the master by disposing of Sidious by killing him. He will then take another apprentice and the cycle will continue. He must have hoped to take Obi-Wan as an apprentice but realises that Obi cannot be turned. He then sees the anger in Anakin and detects that he can be a powerful apprentice. But Sidious already knows this and has been grooming Anakin already with a view to replacing Dooku.......

That's my take on it.

Jedi Clint
04-16-2002, 06:05 PM
I combined these topics due to their similarity.

gibbyhayes
04-16-2002, 07:22 PM
I've got to say that one of the things most driving my anticipation for this film is that I still don't understand the role of the "bad guy" in it. Obviously Dooku is less of a long-term threat than Sidious, and along the way Anakin will learn to be a baddie too, but for now we're on their side. Don't even get me started about Jango's allegiance.

Bosskman
04-16-2002, 07:31 PM
That dialog is exactly what I just read in the comic. It's probably gonna turn out that way on film. 1 MORE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Tenebrous
04-16-2002, 09:10 PM
There's a nice little segment in the Visual Dictionary about Dooku's rebellious nature, including his lack of a full commitment to the Jedi, and his alleged tinkering with Sith teachings.

Dooku wants power, and Sidious gives him more than he could have dreamed of in his head position of the Separatist movement. And while it seems that Yoda is the masterful swordsman, Dooku and the Sith are learning to adapt, to survive, to have one elegantly wicked plan waiting when the one before it fails...

spacelord
04-16-2002, 11:32 PM
Has Dooku has become a Sith in seeking the power to destroy them? The Seperatist movement seems to have all the seeds of the rebellion in it, even if the seperatists are in it for a different reason. The speech he gives to Obi-wan is exactly why the rebellion fights the empire. That is pretty deep for one of these characters.

Jedi Clint
04-16-2002, 11:43 PM
I think he is toying with Obi Wan. Although he may genuinely think that Kenobi would make a good apprentice for when he takes out Sidious (yeah right ;) ).

It is my guesstimation that the Rebellion against the Empire is started by the few remaining Jedi and their sympathizers, so I don't think that the Confederacy of Independent systems (separatists) are the beginning of the Rebellion. In fact I think Sidious will eventually repay them for their loyalty when he unifies the factions of the Republic into his Empire.

spacelord
04-17-2002, 09:26 AM
Now I get it. No more spoilers do I require. Thanks.

he-ro
04-18-2002, 09:02 AM
SPOILERS, indeed. Another piece of the "puzzle".