PDA

View Full Version : Is this the New Shuttle? (No, April Fools)

starwars92590
04-01-2002, 06:54 PM
Is the Shuttle that Sirsteve posted the real new shuttle? or am i just a sucker for April FoolS Jokes?:confused:

Lord Malakite
04-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Just a sucker for April Fool's Jokes. :)

starwars92590
04-01-2002, 07:29 PM
I HATE APRIL FOOLS DAY!:mad:

therock0603
04-01-2002, 08:35 PM
Ha! April Fools Day...what a joke! Ha! Get it? Anyways I was pleasantly surprised to find that all of these rumors of Attack of the Clones figures being shelved in some Wal-Marts already were not April Fools jokes. I went to a Wal-Mart near where I live and there were tons of the Collection 2, Wave 1 figures. Boba Fett, Plo Koon, etc. There were so many that they couldn't even all be put on the racks. They were just laying around. I got 3 of the 6 they had there and I am goin back this Saturday to get the other 3 once I have some money. I'm also gonna keep checkin the Wal-Mart super center down the street from me. Yay for Wal-Mart employees who just don't care!!!!!!

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 09:52 PM
i too was a sucker.

Turbowars
04-01-2002, 10:45 PM
I can't believe you were sucked in Cotas, I would think you were beyond that. JK:)

Cotasnoova
04-01-2002, 11:59 PM
That would be nice. :p

Tycho
04-02-2002, 03:20 AM
Well, wait a minute: Hasbro just reuses old molds.

What makes you think the Star Wars "blue line" shuttle will be any different from the one pictured once they finally decide to release it?

Only it will be surrounded by modern figures on the packaging.

So I'm not going to get too excited even when pictures come up of the real thing.

When it's released and I can go and pick one up, then I'll get all elated about it.

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 09:18 AM
But... yeah- it'll probably look the same, but with better paint application.

Darth Evil
04-02-2002, 01:31 PM
I hope the Shuttle will be a lot nicer than the vintage one!

DarkArtist
04-02-2002, 06:11 PM
When I saw the article my heart nearly stopped...... I was about to hop on a train to New York and buy two of the new shuttles. This is the one ship I have been searching for since it was first introduced. My parents refused to buy the original shuttle because of the price:cry: :cry:
Since themn I have found some on ebay and in flea markets but the prices have been either extremly high $700 plus or the shuttle was missing so many parts that it wasn't worth it.
I really hope that Hasbro does release a shuttle but changes it around adds new figure sculpts of perhaps pilots or royal guards and the emperor. A new paint scheme would be nice as well and some sound effects.
Please Hasbro remake one of the coolest vehicles in the Star Wars Universe.:frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus:

bigbarada
04-04-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
I hope the Shuttle will be a lot nicer than the vintage one!

I agree! Since I now own a vintage one, I won't spend my money on a re-release unless they correct a few things:

1. more accurate landing gear; the shuttle is already too low to fit a figure underneath so why not make the landing gear look better?

2. removable handle; having that big box just sitting under the shuttle looks bad

3. don't skimp on the electronics!

4. tinted canopy window

As for pack-ins, since they always suck we'll make this easy for you Hasbro. Just take the Imperial Officer you released for the POTJ line, sculpt two decent new heads (no balloon heads) and toss them in.

Oh yeah, don't go overboard with the weathering effects. The shuttles in the films were pretty much in pristine condition. Besides how would it look for the Emperor to arrive on the Death Star in a Shuttle that needs to be hosed down?

Tycho
04-05-2002, 01:01 AM
Those are minor changes that make sense. I could see Hasbro doing that.