PDA

View Full Version : Used Star Wars Books

Sidiously Darth
08-30-2001, 02:36 AM
Besides Ebay or half.com, are there any good places online to find used SW books? I'm currently looking for several that would fall under childrens books; GOF, Missions, etc. Any help would be appreciated.:)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2001, 11:53 AM
While I have not made any purchases from them, amazon.com has had great selections in their Out of Print section. Check any used book stores or libraries around you; sometimes you can find them for $.25 or more.

El Chuxter
08-30-2001, 01:30 PM
Hey, Sid, I'm not sure what Missions is. If it's the series of lame-o books that includes Mission from Mount Yoda, I still see them all the time in my quest for GOF 9. Barnes and Nobles has the entire series reprinted in two cheap hardcovers; if you're looking for reading copies, they're a much better deal.

Sidiously Darth
08-30-2001, 08:42 PM
El, Missions is actually a series of books by Scholastic. I think there's around 20 or so. I've seen a few on ebay. Here's a link to one of the auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1460010855

I've cleaned out nearly all the used book stores in the Orlando area of what I need. I have to say it hasn't been much. I'll check the local libraries sometime.

Thanks guys!

master jedi
09-04-2001, 03:24 PM
I don't know of any online places to go to to get uused books besides Ebay but if you go to a GoodWill store you may find some pretty good SW books there. Also try out some antiques and collectibles stores.

Sidiously Darth
09-05-2001, 06:54 PM
I scored 10 SW books at a flea market in Homosassa, FL over the weekend. I picked up 4 of the Essential Guides, 5 X-wing novels & a Marvel Illustrated paperback.(I've posted a pic in the Marvel Comics Thread.) The Essentials & X-wings were brand new. I bought all 9 for less the $50. He threw in the 10th for free. The essentials were about $8.50 each & the x-wings were about $2.00 each. My SW library is on its way to completion.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2001, 10:50 AM
My local library (Rancho Cucamonga; city motto: "Laugh at Our Name and We'll Whoop Ya!" ) has had 3 silent auctions with all SW items. I bid on the first one, but the bidders overbid by far too much, so I was out. The auctions are mainly books, but there've been figures (carded and loose), records (they're kinda like big CDs ;) ), stickers, etc. Ask at your local library to maybe consider silent auctions of Star Wars items; they sell well and get people in that might not normally go to a library.

Sidiously Darth
09-06-2001, 08:14 PM
Since I live in that huge metropolis of Orlando, FL:D , I'll have to check with the main branch downtown. That will give me a good reason to pay off my late fees. Maybe I'll get lucky and find something I need.

r2dee2
09-08-2001, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure where you can find your Missions books, but here is a list that can help you in your search.
SW Collector's Bible (http://www.sandcrawler.com/SWB/scholastic.html#co_inc)

bigbarada
09-08-2001, 05:13 PM
I've actually been looking for first editions of the Brian Daley Han Solo trilogy (1979-80) for some time now. I've checked ebay but for some reason my account was suspended while I was in Korea, I think my brother used my name to bid on a bunch of stuff he couldn't afford.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2006, 10:22 PM
While I have not made any purchases from them, amazon.com has had great selections in their Out of Print section.Liar! I am a LIAR! I ordered A Galaxy Not So Far Away Borders/Amazon, and the copy I received had the first 24 pages of the Introduction ripped out and since they don't allow returns/refunds on used (so they said), I'm stuck with a crappy copy! :mad: Boo! BOOOOO!! Meesa no like-a dis!

El Chuxter
07-27-2006, 11:28 PM
I'd leave them some bad feedback. They generally have a loophole for items that are inaccurately stated to be in better condition than they really are, right?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2006, 03:23 PM
I'd leave them some bad feedback. They generally have a loophole for items that are inaccurately stated to be in better condition than they really are, right?I'll see, but since I bought it with a gift card, I don't know how they can give me my "money" back.

p.s. I really just wanted to try out the thread digger job that Caesar and Slicker have seized recently, and I found this thread that fit. :p

InsaneJediGirl
08-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Liar! I am a LIAR! I ordered A Galaxy Not So Far Away Borders/Amazon, and the copy I received had the first 24 pages of the Introduction ripped out and since they don't allow returns/refunds on used (so they said), I'm stuck with a crappy copy! :mad: Boo! BOOOOO!! Meesa no like-a dis!

I had to order some books for school awhile back,one of which never came. Amazon refunded my money and must have lit fire under the seller,because after the refund,I also got the book. Did you try talking to Amazon customer service?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Did you try talking to Amazon customer service?Actually, I brought it back to Borders and they refunded the whole amount (on a new gift card), so it turned out okay (except that I no longer have the book). But I ordered it directly from Amazon this time (for ONE CENT! yes, a penny! and with shipping it's less than $4 total) and expect to receive it by this coming week.

So I must retract my
I'm stuck with a crappy copy! :mad: Boo! BOOOOO!! Meesa no like-a dis! comment, but I don't believe that warrants a BSLOS.

OC47150
08-30-2006, 07:26 AM
I picked up a hardback copy of The Hand of Vader at the flea market several years ago. Other than one little nick in the cover, it's in good shape.

The flea market, the comic shop and the used book stores are my sources. I've been rereading the Zahn Thrawn trilogy at the gym (it makes the workout time pass so much quicker). Enjoying them more than the first time.