PDA

View Full Version : What if Maul had killed Obi-Wan?

SaeseeTiin
04-02-2002, 11:25 AM
What if Maul had killed Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon? What would he do about the battle of Naboo? What would have happened to Anakin? What would have been Sideous's next move?
Thoughts?

STiin

icatch9
04-02-2002, 11:34 AM
That's a tough one. Naboo would have still defeated the BDs, but what then. We don't know what Obi Wan did after he killed Darth Maul, so it's hard to say. I think Aniken would have been locked up his whole life. Not a prisinor, but just not allowed to be a free practicing Jedi. Then he'd of went nuts and kill all the jedi, but that happens anyway. Right?

The emporer would have just come up with a new plan. Probally using Maul to do his dirty work again. Perhaps it would have been mauls duty to steal Aniken away from the Jedi to be trained. The possibilities are endless, but if Obi Wan would have died that whole univese would have been thrown for a loop. Since he saves luke and leia, and then trains luke. The world would never be the same.

Rollo Tomassi
04-02-2002, 12:07 PM
After defeating Obi Wan, Maul heads up to the throne room and makes short work of Padme, Panaka, and the others. This frees Nute and Rune, who immediately call for another TFA droid control ship with thousands of reinforcements. By bye, Gungan Army. Anakin may or may not survive the space battle if more Droid ships arrive. I got the impression he was getting "lucky" rather than surviving on skill. So eventually his luck would've run out and he would have been shot out of the sky.

Palpatine is still elected Chancellor, so everything else remains the same. except ***SPOILER ALERT***

Since Obi Wan and Anakin don't find out about the clone army (they're dead) Palpatine and Dooku and their whelp Maul can create legions at their whim until they are ready to destroy the Jedi and rule the Empire...

But then again, Palpatine doesn't have Vader around, so he probably loses his bid for the Empireship and everything remains relatively hunky dory. Han Solo becomes a famous Republic officer, Chewie lives a quiet life on Kashyyyk, Lando keeps Cloud City, Owen and Beru live to a ripe old age. R2-D2 and C-3PO go through a separate series of owners and necer see each other again.

JetsAndHeels
04-02-2002, 01:40 PM
Sounds like crap to me.
I am glad it happened the way it did.
Plus if Maul had defeated Obi-Wan, you wouldve seen Obi dissappear from the rest of the films, kind of "Back to the Future" style.