PDA

View Full Version : What's with Wal-Mart and Collection 2?

therock0603
04-02-2002, 05:23 PM
Most of the posts I've seen on here say that they got collection 2 figures at wal-mart, but I haven't seen many that got collection 1. I've been to two wal-marts in my area, one supercenter and one regular wal-mart, and both had the AOTC figures, but all they had were the first 6 Collection 2 figures! There is also another supercenter near my house, and it looks like today is stocking day so I'm gonna check back tomorrow. But where are all the Collection 1 figures?

Battle Droid
04-02-2002, 05:44 PM
I only found 3 figures (1 of each) of Collection 1 at my Wal-Mart that's all for AOTC, other than the Preview figures that they had.

therock0603
04-02-2002, 05:49 PM
At the smaller Wal-Mart that I found them in, they had one column of Episode II figures, all Collection 2. And at the supercenter they had them set up on shelves....about 5 or 6 shelves full of the 6 Collection 2 figures. I have 3 of them, and I intend to get the other 3, but I want to hold on to the little money I have to get the Collection 1 figures when I find them (if I do) before April 23rd. I sure hope the Wal-Mart near my house puts them out tonight or tomorrow before I get out of school.

Fulit
04-02-2002, 07:17 PM
the scalper scum that runs KandC Collectibles got Collection 2 from some local Wal-Mart just the other day. I knew he would beat me to them, he always does. And get this, the psychopath wants 60 bucks for the set! Ha! What fool would pay double what you an get them for in like 3 weeks. I don't see how this fool doesn't go broke w/ a business like that. End rant.

CrossWizard
04-02-2002, 07:21 PM
I can already tell that the whole Collection 2 with the exeption of maybe Plo Koon and Boba are gonna be the major pegwarmers.

therock0603
04-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I know. So why doesn't Wal-Mart have any Collection 1 figures? I mean, it's not like I get there after everyone else. When I went to those 2 Wal-Marts the displays were fresh. Hmmm.... can someone offer an opinion?

Sidiously Darth
04-02-2002, 08:31 PM
The WM I found the 13 AOTC figures I have had all Collection 1 and a single case of collection 2. So the only figure I missed out on was Boba Fett. I'm sure he'll turn up soon.

stad
04-02-2002, 08:56 PM
The Super Wal-Mart I got all my figures at didn't have them out on the shelf. They were stacked and kind of sealed on a pallet and I kinda...helped myself. The Collection 2 cases outnumbered Collection 1 by about 3 to 1.

therock0603
04-02-2002, 08:59 PM
Man, like I said, I sure hope that my Wal-Mart puts them out. They were stocking last night and today so I'm hoping they might just be on the shelves tomorrow. If they do, I hope they have Collection 1! Cross your fingers for me!

GeneralKenobi
04-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Heading out to Wallyworld in a bit...

Wolfwood319
04-02-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
I can already tell that the whole Collection 2 with the exeption of maybe Plo Koon and Boba are gonna be the major pegwarmers.

I think all of the figures will be peg warmers by May. From all reports I've heard, most stores are getting in more cases of AOTC stuff then E1 stuff 3 years ago. I don't plan on having any trouble finding any of the figures released this spring and summer. Come Fall they'll be a little more sparse, but not as bad as POTJ.

drizzit
04-03-2002, 08:46 AM
any chance anybody has extras they are willing to sell at cost plus shipping?

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 09:06 AM
Drizit...

Maybe you should just wait two more weeks and they'll be out in the store. I'm pretty sure that your "order" will be arriving around the same time you'll be seeing the figures in wide release.