PDA

View Full Version : Royal Guard, Taun We, & Luminara!

Unit-01
04-02-2002, 04:58 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1719038678

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1719035410

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1719039696

Battle Droid
04-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Could the pics be any worse?

Thanks for the links though Unit. :)

"This figure will be very hard to find in stores and will disappear very quickly. "

And they know this how?

Jargo
04-02-2002, 05:38 PM
that probably means the seller scalped them right out the back door of a superstore. so just the five they dropped will make it to shelves.....

I've been so looking forward to seeing the Quermian Kaminoan figures. What a shame the picture is so crap. Couldn't care less about the other two but I really really want to see Taun We. Oh well, it'll no doubt show up at collectors godsite in a few days. First one to find a decent picture wins a case of super rare Jek Porkins figures MIMSMSIMBSIMB :D

SirSteve
04-02-2002, 06:41 PM
I need to add a "Send as News" checkbox so I get this stuff as soon as it is posted!

Good find Unit-1! How much do you want to bet "another site" has larger/clearer ones up soon because they some how obtained a lot of stolen Hasbro images?

CrossWizard
04-02-2002, 07:01 PM
Actually, Im willing to bet my left eyeball that this guy is re-using pics from "that other site" cause he had a few Jar Jars, Niktos and Geonosians on auction about 2 days ago and he used the same pics, except he cut off the top of the pic so that the "other site's" logo could not be seen. In some cases he just blackens the whole background to make it seem like an own pic.

LTBasker
04-02-2002, 07:49 PM
That's kinda mean to knock a site like that. I know that what they did was quite stupid and egotistical but can't all us collectors just get along?

I really hope these don't show up on the 23rd, hopefully they won't.

senator jar jar
04-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Ltbasker....

What the heck????You hope these don't come out on the 23rd???Are you nuts???I want as many figures on the 23rd as hasbro can dish out...Bring em on

meesa thinkin this guy is *******nuts

Beast
04-03-2002, 12:30 AM
Cool figures, but I hope these don't show up on the 23rd either. Enough with the figures Hasbro, cripes. First it's 14, then it's 19, then 23, and now there is a chance that all 26 will be out on the same bloody day? That's just crazy, plain and simple. Been waiting myself for a picture of Taun We, wish the image was better and clearer though. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 12:34 AM
I don't want more than 20 figures on the 23rd either. Even with me not planning on getting all of them, I'm still looking at spending upwards $200 if I do actually get all that I want.

Those pics are really friggin' small. If I was trying to sell something like that, I'd use a heck of a lot bigger picture. I saw a Nikto Jedi going for over $200, I'm sure these would go for even more seeing as this is the first we've seen of them.

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319

Those pics are really friggin' small. If I was trying to sell something like that, I'd use a heck of a lot bigger picture. I saw a Nikto Jedi going for over $200, I'm sure these would go for even more seeing as this is the first we've seen of them.

Lol, I can see this buyer sitting around with his $200 figure on April 23rd. "Hmmm... well, maybe I COULD have bought every figure in the line for this much money, but at least 15 years from now I tell everyone at my High School reunion how I owned a Nikto Jedi 3 whole weeks before they were officially released.":rolleyes: :p

starwars92590
04-03-2002, 11:01 AM
i didn't even know hasbro was coming out with Taun We and the pictures have been fixed. :D :cool:

brentfett
04-03-2002, 11:02 AM
Who is Taun We? Is he the creature in one of the trailers riding the winged beast through the Kamino waves? What is his role in the movie?

BlahBlahBlah
04-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Taun We-- or Lama Su, don't remember which-- is the Kaminoan who meets Obi-Wan after he lands on Kamino.

Beast
04-03-2002, 11:27 AM
Here is a picture of Taun We from the movie, she is one of the head cloners and is the one that meets Obi-Wan upon his arrival to Kamino. Lama Su is the leader of the Kamino people, and Obi-Wan meets with her/him later in the movie. I'll link to pictures of each of them. :)

Taun We (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=39106)

Lama Su (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=39105)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
04-03-2002, 12:02 PM
I added larger pictures on the home page. Again, I apologize for the quality but it's better than nothing.

Darth Ovori
04-03-2002, 12:03 PM
Must build Royal guard army... Thats probable one the figures that I want the most from this line!!!

Luminara, her pose scares me, that takes up the space of 3 regular POTF figures!!!

Jargo
04-03-2002, 12:05 PM
The accessory appears to be some sort of medical equipment from the cloning facility. The back of the card shows Taun We holding a hand over the top but the pic is too small and blurred to make out any of the printed blurb about it. The whole figure looks kinda cool though. but I wish there were a couple more Kaminoans coming out too instead of the first wave of basic crud.
But what's the point in me ranting again when no-one wants to hear it. And i just get shouted down anyway. And while I'm here I might as well ask - seeing as every second thread appears to be the same question - what figures are coming out April 23rd? I don't really want to know but i thought I'd save people the effort of typing by getting it into this thread too. Maybe we could just have a section for the question and all the threads that ask it.

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 12:31 PM
Now, Jargo... you should know better than that! You know I would listen to your rants... because you and I are on the same page with the quality issues that are plauging our beloved STAR WARS line.

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Did anyone notice the new (postponed from Ep1) Qui-Gon figure was pictured on the back of the Luminari/Taun We cards? you can't make out hardly any details, but it's interesting that perhaps he'll be coming out sooner rather than later on in the line.

JEDIpartner
04-07-2002, 05:35 PM
most of us CAN wait for the Qui-Gon...

Jayspawn
04-07-2002, 06:54 PM
Anyways, I think they look great. The Royal Guard is worlds better than the POTF one. Taun We looks cool, Luminara is cool too!

Beast
04-07-2002, 07:04 PM
There are much better pictures of these figures in the following thread. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5889 Enjoy. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
04-08-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
most of us CAN wait for the Qui-Gon...

Don't get me wrong, I could care less about another Qui-Gonn figure. But I want several as fodder for my custom Jedis. :)