PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Queen's ship ! ! !

2-1B
08-30-2001, 03:53 AM
Hi, I was looking at a friend's loose Queen's ship, and we're stumped. Is that entire panel with the seats on it supposed to pull open? There are decals all the way underneath, there appear to be proper hinges on the side of the ship, and that hyperdrive piece looks pretty cramped in there all by itself.

This particular toy does not want to open with a good tug, and if it's not meant to open, we didn't want to pull too hard either!

Thanks !

Help me SSG collectors, you're my only hope . . .

JediTricks
08-30-2001, 08:56 AM
Dude, yeah!

Here's a pic from the SSG database:
http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.html?page=pic&pic_id=341&pic_width=616&pic_height=595

I found that it can actually slide right OFF the track, so check to see if perhaps it's already off the track and assembled slightly wrong, which would make it stick like you describe. Or just give it a neat tug on the left engine. ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-30-2001, 01:49 PM
The first time I opened my ship I had the same problem. I just had to give it a gentle pull for it to open. I really wish they should have made it so you can store the R2 figures in the power harnesses instead of shoving them into the elevator or in the front section.

Speaking of problems, does anyone have a problem with the front section coming off frequently?

2-1B
08-30-2001, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the responses guys ! JediTricks, thanks also for the link!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2001, 08:08 PM
I have a problem with the silver blast-off panels missing from the set, and Hasbro saying they don't have any more to mail out. But I got a couple wrong items instead. Anyone need extra Naboo Fighter engines or Droid Starfighter wings?

stillakid
08-31-2001, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
The first time I opened my ship I had the same problem. I just had to give it a gentle pull for it to open. I really wish they should have made it so you can store the R2 figures in the power harnesses instead of shoving them into the elevator or in the front section.

Speaking of problems, does anyone have a problem with the front section coming off frequently?

It's been awhile since I got it, but I do remember having to actually unscrew the main body of the ship in order to get the front section in securely enough that it wouldn't keep popping out. Then of course, I tightened everything back up again. The specs on this ship weren't the greatest.

Obi-Don
08-31-2001, 09:33 AM
The only problem I have is the Hyperdrive will not work right unless you push down on it.I love it anyway!

JEDIpartner
08-31-2001, 10:58 AM
Yeah... I had that problem when I got mine as well. I just gave the one engine a good soild tug and it was good to go. I too have been experiencing problems with the front section pulling off. It seems that the top panel on it refuses to open easily and as I'm trying to pry it open, the whole section pops off! Oh, well. I still love the damn thing anyhow.

Next question is... can the new Amidala Travel Gown figure sit in the throne that comes with the ship???!!!

stillakid
08-31-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
The only problem I have is the Hyperdrive will not work right unless you push down on it.I love it anyway!

It won't work until you fly to Tatooine, befriend a little boy chock full o' midichlorians, win a pod race, and dupe an alien out of the parts. :cool:

JediTricks
08-31-2001, 12:03 PM
I don't have any of these "loose nose section" or "push down on the hyperdrive" problems with my Royal Starship, but I think that's because mine was one of the first ones made, and I paid $100 for it instead of the reduced price. I think the ones made when Hasbro reduced the price were made inferior to the $100 ones to save on the cost issues, and this is what lead to the problems with later-issued models.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-31-2001, 07:07 PM
Hmm... charge $100 for it and few buy them. Reduce the price, and people do shell out the cash, but reduce the quality as well? Interesting theory, JT... ;)

Jargo
08-31-2001, 09:06 PM
As i stated in the old forums I was lucky enough to be offered a second one for a bargain price of 15 UK pounds. having just paid 112 for the first one I snapped it up. the first one i bought is theone that I opened and it has the nose problem. it's something to do with the spring loaded latch system they used. if you push the nose into it's slots at slightly the wrong angle the latch bends and the nose is doomed to be forever loose on one side which allows the whole thing to just pop out when you move or touch the nose. taking the ship apart and messing around to reset the spring would work but do you really want to undo the screws on something that big and fiddly?
What i did notice was the badly trained monkies had been employed to apply the stickers again. the floor stickers on mine were all over the place and creased and scratched. good job i leave it closed up. i hate the interior and the lights look poo just stuck anywhere without thought about how they looked when you've got the hyperdrive in position. And feet you can't detach once they're attached is a bad move. they could have given the ship retractable landing gear somehow. Damn shame it turned out with such design flaws. I may customise my open one though and have it chromed. Now that would look cool hung from the ceiling. :)

stillakid
08-31-2001, 10:04 PM
Thanks for reminding me: once the landing gear get stuck on, how do I get them off again?

JediTricks
09-01-2001, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Thanks for reminding me: once the landing gear get stuck on, how do I get them off again? A claw hammer, welding torch, and a bucket of sulphuric acid. ;)

Jargo, I don't think the UK got any of the first, $100 ones that were sent to the US, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 112 pound one was a US$50 one. The floor decals on mine were applied without the greatest care, but they weren't nearly as bad as what you're describing, and this nosecone thing is fairly shocking to me.

The one thing about this ship besides the landing gear not being removable/retractable is the boarding ramp, that thing is a mess, all flimsy and held down with nothing but hope.

Starfig873
09-03-2001, 09:23 PM
Mmm...I guess I got lucky on the nose thing. But the stickers WERE poorly placed and the landing gear thing sucks. The first ship I got, the "blow apart" action panals really wouldn't "blow apart". Rather, they kinda jolted...and sat there whilst the noises flared. So I took that one back. Then I got the one I have now. Much better. ;)

Lobito
09-18-2001, 09:42 PM
I love this ship, its one of my favorites with the AT AT, The M.Falcon and Luke's Red Five X-Wing. I have experienced no problem with the front nor with any other part or the ship, whats more cool is the way u can exchange the hyperdrive from the accesory packs in it. With so many gizmos u have to love this supership.:D

Jargo
09-23-2001, 08:23 PM
I would have loved to get the accessory pack of the hyperdrive, it looked so much cooler than the one that came with the ship. Only thing was that those accessory packs never got released over here. Leastways not up North. Maybe the rich folk down South got them like they did the Eopies which we never saw. GRRRRR! :mad: The lift up panel over the landing ramp on mine was buckled too. I forgot to mention that in my last post. It doesn't sit squarely to the body of the ship and looks silly sticking up not joined to anything. I've tried wrapping tape round the whole ship in the hope of bending it into position which works short term but it soon pops back up again out of shape. And as no-one over here is stocking star wars anymore I can't return for an exchange or even complainto the store I bought it from. Oh well, I never open it up anymore anyway. Maybe I'll just glue the damn thing shut - glue the whole thing shut! That ought to fix it.