PDA

View Full Version : 3 Sectioned Cantina Alien Scene Asst?

Fulit
04-02-2002, 05:58 PM
Planet Action Figure is reportedly taking pre-orders for something called a 3 Sectioned Cantina Alien Assortment. Anyone know what this is, exactly?

SithDroid
04-02-2002, 06:57 PM
I hope it means that they connect to help form a sort of diorama. I do not know who the figures are, but rumors are that Hasbro is releasing cantina 2-packs later on in the year.

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
I hope it means that they connect to help form a sort of diorama. I do not know who the figures are, but rumors are that Hasbro is releasing cantina 2-packs later on in the year.

Yes. The Cantina two-packs will each come with a connecting piece of the Cantina, so that you can make a diorama. So far, it's unknown how large any of these pieces will be, but it should be neat.:)

Fulit
04-03-2002, 09:59 AM
I guess this is their way of "adding a room" to the already overcrowded Cantina Diorama we already have. Not a bad idea I guess, because a mass brawl was surely going to break out if that bar got any more full.

Rogue II
04-03-2002, 11:07 AM
Has there been any word if the cantina pieces will be cardboard or plastic?

Are all of the aliens that come in theses resculpts? I thought I saw Greedo, Ponda Baba, and/or "Hammerhead" on the list.

hukilu
04-03-2002, 11:39 AM
This is what Rebelscum posted on the topic:

WalMart
32539 Cantina Alien Scene Assortment

32541 Kitik Keed'kak with Section A
32542 Greedo with Section B
32543 Ponda Baba with Section C
32544 Momaw Nadon with Section C

I would be very happy if they included a new fig with a re-release fig. I'm excited for these sets and the attachable bases make them even better.

Fulit
04-03-2002, 11:41 AM
@#$dammit, another Greedo? What do we need another Greedo for?

hukilu
04-03-2002, 12:19 PM
All I'm saying is he better have a blast hole in his chest!!

Rogue II
04-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Didn't Tina Turner sing a song about that for the Mad Max Beyond thunderdome soundtrack? - We don't need another GREEDO. (ok, sorry about that). I like to see this Greedo be fried as well.

I'm not looking foward to another Pando Baba, either. I am the walrus, Coo Coo ca choo. (once again, I apologize for that).

I also just looked up Kitik Keed'kak in the Star Wars Databank. She is a preying mantis looking alien. I don't remember seeing her in the movie. If you're interested, I attached a link to the picture.

187-Maul
04-03-2002, 12:59 PM
the current greedo is perfect in my opinion
but that ponda baba wold maybe be interesting since he'ss get more detailing in his face (hopefully) and probably get a removable arm
the rest of the fig would be pretty cool IMO

rogue II: you can see that mantis alien in the back somewhere in the cantina just for a quick moment

Rogue II
04-03-2002, 01:11 PM
I figured it was there somewhere for a quick second, how much camera time did Amanmaman and Ephant Mon get and they have deluxe figures.

I guess a Pondo Baba wouldn't be that bad, but they better do it right.

I have to admit, Hasbro has had better detail in their figures lately.

Rollo Tomassi
04-03-2002, 02:15 PM
What would be really cool is if these little diorama pieces could connect to a central "bar" playset later on. And then have a "stage" area and a "entrance" soon after. oooh! It sounds like a "Sectional Playset" idea!;)

Rogue II
04-03-2002, 03:19 PM
I posted an idea like that in one of the other threads. Start the petition.

It would be great! They could do a cantina, death star, cloud city, endor, jabba's palace, or hoth.

I know I'm really dreaming, but it would be cool for them to do a whole Tatooine series: Ben Kenobi's house, Moisture farm, escape pod crash, Luke's aunt & uncle's place, Streets of Mos Eisley, and Jabba's. Yeah, I know, it will never happen.

I just really hope these sections are plastic, not cardboard.

fourtwo
04-03-2002, 03:20 PM
i think ephant mon will be a normal packaged figure, not deluxe.
amanaman kinda needed to be deluxe, he's a big boy/girl/alien

DarthMaulSithLord
04-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Man, we don't need another Ponda Baba, we need a new and authentic Dr. Evazan! Or the Tonnika Sisters!

:frus:

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by hukilu
All I'm saying is he better have a blast hole in his chest!!

The Comtech Greedo already has a blast mark on him. I just don't see why we need another one. Why are they doing that when there are DOZENS of other aliens from the Cantina? They decide to make 4 new figures and they pick only ONE that hasn't been done before?:rolleyes:

Rogue II
04-03-2002, 03:57 PM
Now, now pthfndr, you know you shouldn't expect anything logical from Hasbro. Just be thankful they aren't giving us "Cantina Luke with knocked on his buttox action"

mark2d2
04-03-2002, 04:34 PM
Wow!!! These sure sound cool to me! It'll be very interesting to see what other creatures get immortalized in plastic besides the three "Classic" ones. That big Preying Mantis will certainly be interesting. Now if we could just get Hem Dazom (He's the first guy you see, Hasbro. The "introduction" to the Cantina if you will.) And also the Cyclops would be groovy.

But I definitely am stoked about a new Ponda because with Hasbro's current fetish for amputation he'll definitely have a removable arm at long last.

And Hammerhead certainly deserves the POTJ . . . er . . . SAGA treatment.

Heck, even a new Greedo gets me excited. Okay, okay, I hear you groaning. But he is my Bobafett -- if you take my meaning, Sirs.

PS --- Uh . . . could they all come with glasses as well as guns? Because Zutton's is just swell.

SithDroid
04-03-2002, 05:38 PM
A list of cantina members that need to be made

Arleil Schous (Duros)
Baniss Keeg (Shistavanen Wolfman)
Bom Vimdim
Braniac
Dannick Jerricko
Dice Ibegon
Elis Helrot
Feltipern Trevagg
Hem Dazon
Het Nkik (Jawa)
Hrchek Kal Fas
Jenny
Tonnika Sisters
Kitik Keed'kak
Leesub Sirln
Lirin Car'n (Bith Modal Nodes back up player)
M'iiyoom Onith
Melas
Myo
Reegesk
Sai'torr Kal Fas
Solomahal
Swilla Corey
Trinto Duaba
Tzizvvt
Unut Poll (same species as Hem Dazon)
Yerka Mig

This a list of all the essential Cantina members, I left out a few of the less important human looking ones.

I doubt that we will ever see:
Arleil Schous (Duros)
Baniss Keeg (Shistavanen Wolfman)
Het Nkik (Jawa)
Sai'torr Kal Fas (same species as Hrchek Kal Fas)

Just because Hasbro will assume that we can substitute one for the other.

So that leaves us with 23 unproduced cantina members. If Kitik Keed'kak is indeed one of the members coming out then we are down to 22. Put them each into a 2-pack so we have 11. Not that hard. However Hasbro will probably release a newer version of Greedo(Which we don't need) and Ponda Baba(which would only be cool if he had a new head sculpt and a removable arm). We can only wait and see what they will bring us.

Rogue II
04-03-2002, 08:07 PM
I'd like to see those 2 packs, like the 2 packs GI Joe has been coming in.

mylow thehutt
04-03-2002, 08:24 PM
:) I also iam happy this came true and not just some rumore.anyway you can see Keed when Ben picks up Luke after pushed on the ground.you can onley see her head. maby we will get a wisola figure.:cool: Hopfuly.

Rollo Tomassi
04-03-2002, 10:13 PM
Baniss Keeg is the other Duros, actually (like Elorrs Madak). And the Shistavanen Wolfman is Arleil Schous who is much like Lak Sivra...OHMIGOD!

I AM CORRECTING YOUR NAMES OF FICTIONAL ALIENS. I AM SO PATHETIC.

(Rollo begins to sob quietly):cry: :cry:

hairless chewie
04-03-2002, 11:03 PM
at least it's better than "that other wolfie-looking guy" or "the last member of the chick pea band":D

DarthMaulSithLord
04-04-2002, 04:32 AM
Hasbro could re-release the Cantina Band Members in a 5-pack with added articulation and a better bodysculpt.

:crazed:

evenflow
04-04-2002, 12:14 PM
I am pumped for these to come out, but i would have preferred if they were all new figures. We really don't need another greedo. WHat i dont get, is why two figures are coming with section C?:confused:

Rogue II
04-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Yeah, what's up with 2 different figures coming with Section C? Hopefully these things are connectable and Section C is something like a table or something that we need 2 of.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-06-2002, 07:55 AM
I hope you can use the sections with the cardboard cantina.

:)

Rollo Tomassi
04-06-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
I hope you can use the sections with the cardboard cantina.

:)

Ugh. Hideous cardboard abomination.

I hope they make a new plastic central bar area instead that all the little sections connect to.

Taichi
04-06-2002, 04:49 PM
Hmm, my guess is that they're plastic pieces, and that part C is a booth or somesuch other piece of furniture that would require more than one.....

I hope one of the figures comes with the bar itself......

Wolfwood319
04-06-2002, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't want a figure to come with the bar itself because it would be much too small. The one in the cardboard cantina is about half the length that it should be, if in scale to the figures. They would never make it that big for a pack in.

I think they should do more than just 4 though. This would be a good way to make a lot of the Cantina patrons we all want. I look forward to seeing the resculpts, but I'd rather have new characters instead.

BTW, is this confirmed, or still a rumor?

Jargo
04-06-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Baniss Keeg is the other Duros, actually (like Elorrs Madak). And the Shistavanen Wolfman is Arleil Schous who is much like Lak Sivra...OHMIGOD!

I AM CORRECTING YOUR NAMES OF FICTIONAL ALIENS. I AM SO PATHETIC.

(Rollo begins to sob quietly):cry: :cry:
Rollo if it's any consolation I was mentally correcting as I read. And mentally tutting at the fact that Sith Droid posted such an extensive list that was fairly accurate but got those two the wrong way round and completely ruined a good post!!!!!!! Now that's sad.

My hope is that they scrap the Greedo idea and do a creature that we don't already have or pack Djas Puhr with another section. Momaw nadon needs doing properly IMO and Ponda with a removable arm and a nice decent accurate head sculpt is more than welcome. Kitik Keed'kak is such an odd choice over somene like Hem Dazon or Bom Vimdim but I welcome her anyway because she's freaky and different.
As to the sectional pieces well, I hope for hasbro's sake they're plastic and the right scale. That cardboard thing is an abomination. It doesn't even resemble the holiday special cantina which was just plain awful. The card doesn't support the figures and as far as I have been able to ascertain there were no square tables in the cantina. I hope they do this sectional thing with Jabba's palace too if it turns out to actually be good. But as we haven't even seen a sniff of what these might look like I'm not holding my breath. They're going to be WAL*MART exclusives right? That means we might get them over here as a store exclusive it being a movie year but otherwise I guess it's get out the credit card and pay through the nose to get them imported. Jeez I hate US store exclusives......... :rolleyes: exept when it's a vehicle and i manage to snaffle two..... :p

SithDroid
04-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Oops!! I didn't mean to switch the two around. I accidentally moved the cursor when I was typing. My mistake. Shows that I should proofread my posts more before I post. Here is the corrected list.

A list of cantina members that need to be made

Arleil Schous (Shistavanen Wolfman)
Baniss Keeg (Duros)
Bom Vimdim
Braniac
Dannick Jerricko
Dice Ibegon
Elis Helrot
Feltipern Trevagg
Hem Dazon
Het Nkik (Jawa)
Hrchek Kal Fas
Jenny
Tonnika Sisters
Kitik Keed'kak
Leesub Sirln
Lirin Car'n (Bith Modal Nodes back up player)
M'iiyoom Onith
Melas
Myo
Reegesk
Sai'torr Kal Fas
Solomahal
Swilla Corey
Trinto Duaba
Tzizvvt
Yerka Mig

TheDarthVader
04-14-2003, 08:36 PM
I know this thread has been dead, but I just now took the vest off my cantina greedo to find, to my excitement, that he has a blast mark on his chest! Is it true that the commtech greedo had one as well?? Here is a picture of MY personal find. I did not know he had a mark until I removed the orange vest.

mark2d2
04-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Yep. They both had the blast mark. I have both and think that it was a pretty cool thing to do with Greedo.

TheDarthVader
04-14-2003, 09:44 PM
I was thinking. Why wouldn't the blast come out on the other side? There is no mark on his back.

bobafrett
04-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Yes, but remember, Greedo shot first, but only after Han shot Greedo, but then Greedo shot Han, then Han accidently shot Chewi, then Chewi came and dismembered Greedo, then ran to get the ship ready. In the mean time Han had a few more cocktails then left the bartendar a .50 cent tip. Han is a lousy tipper. That will be in ANH revised.

Great shot Han that was one in a Million!

Jargo
04-15-2003, 08:49 AM
It's a plasma blaster not a laser blaster or projectile blaster so there is no exit wound it just sort of blows a hole super-burns up the insides and then cools rapipidly. Like sticking a red hot poker into someone I guess. A laser blast would just go straight through cauterising the wound as it did so there would be no mess or blood. Projectiles are the nasty messy weapons as they leave goo and slush splashing from exit wounds and all that.

So the plasma balst is why there is no peahead alien goo all over the cantina.

Actually i just made all that up but it sounds good. :p

Sentinel18725
04-15-2003, 09:34 AM
All I can say is ......GIVE ME A REMOVABLE ARM!!!!

Hasbro, if you are going to do this, take the arm off. They can no longer say that "it's too gruesome". You've got prosthetic arms, you have bloody hand luke, (not quite cool hand luke, but it'll do).

mark2d2
04-15-2003, 02:17 PM
what are you talking about?

ponda boba?

dude! his arm IS removable!
i'm serious! somebody back me up here!
it just pops out . . .it's one thing that
everybody seemed to like about the set.

TheDarthVader
04-15-2003, 04:33 PM
I got your back... :) Ponda baba does have a removable arm (the cantina set ponda baba that is). If you're talking about greedo, his arm was never severed in the first place!! :D

mark2d2
04-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Actually, the 12 inch version of Ponda has this groovy feature, too.

seth_quinn
04-15-2003, 08:20 PM
I second it. cantina pb's arm definitely comes off.

nice find on the blast mark. I began to quickly run out of shelf space half way through the potf2 slides so I've been opening sparingly ever since and I had no idea. cool.