PDA

View Full Version : Difference in Cards

Toolshed
04-02-2002, 11:14 PM
Hi i just got a Battle Droid and Shaak Ti. while examining the figures i noticed that my battle droid card is a darker blue(almost like it has been faded) and my shaak ti is a light blue. also the shaak ti that i have has a background in it. i was wondering if anyone else has a background shaak ti and also if anyone else doesnt. thank you

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 11:18 PM
There are reports streaming in from everywhere saying that some figures have the backgrounds while others don't. I think Shaak Ti was one of them. The colour of the card probably has something to do with the printing process and nothing more. I work in the printing industry and it sometimes has something to do with the way the operator set the machine or how the plates were run.

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Toolshed
i was wondering if anyone else has a background shaak ti and also if anyone else doesnt. thank you

I have a Shaak Ti that has a background in it. All three of my figures so far have had them.

JetsAndHeels
04-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Toolshed,
My Shaak Ti does have a background also. It appears to be Geonosis.

LTBasker
04-03-2002, 02:53 PM
All 8 Collection 1 figures along with Plo Koon and the Battle Droid have been found with backgrounds, so far I haven't seen any reports or info on Typho, Boba, Shaak-Ti, or the Tusken Raider Mother being found without backgrounds.

therock0603
04-03-2002, 04:27 PM
My Boba Fett figure has a background! So that's another one. My Plo Koon doesn't have one. Captain Typho has a background too. What's with the backgrounds? Do some versions have them and some not? Is this a collector thing?

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by therock0603
What's with the backgrounds? Do some versions have them and some not? Is this a collector thing?

Most likely just an error at the factory. Picky collectors might want to find one of each, but I doubt they will be worth anything in the long haul. You never know though...:greedy:

LTBasker
04-03-2002, 04:42 PM
They seem to just be earlier carded figures that were put into carding production before the backgrounds were made, or maybe even thought up, and the other 4 Collection 2 figures could've been put into that production later on. I'm gonna try and get a set of the figures without the backgrounds, they look kinda interesting when compared to the ones with backgrounds, definitely be something to look at while they hang on the wall next to their counterparts. :cool:

One interesting thing though is the new Anakin, new Zam and Red Clone Trooper have been shown carded without their backgrounds, quite possibly they were carded before their backgrounds were made.

Jedi_Rainman
04-05-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
They seem to just be earlier carded figures that were put into carding production before the backgrounds were made, or maybe even thought up, and the other 4 Collection 2 figures could've been put into that production later on. I'm gonna try and get a set of the figures without the backgrounds, they look kinda interesting when compared to the ones with backgrounds, definitely be something to look at while they hang on the wall next to their counterparts. :cool:

One interesting thing though is the new Anakin, new Zam and Red Clone Trooper have been shown carded without their backgrounds, quite possibly they were carded before their backgrounds were made.

So if the new Anakin, new Zam, and Red Clone Trooper have no BG card then maybe they will be released soon after april 23???

LTBasker
04-05-2002, 03:54 AM
Nah it just means some carded ones of those 3 could slip out without their backgrounds or before their backgrounds are made.