PDA

View Full Version : new luke bespin picture !

187-Maul
04-03-2002, 12:51 PM
new luke bespin pic over at rebelscum.com
a bit blury but cool anyhow except that awful looking joint at his left knee - hope the final version doesn't have that

Beast
04-03-2002, 12:58 PM
He looks pretty good, I see that Hasbro has re-designed him from the original version, just like they did the Vader figure. I hope he still comes with a removable hand and the medical glove that Leia puts on over his stump on the falcon.

I hope that he still has a working holster for his gun as well. Looks like he's another magnet hand figure, It was ok on a few figures....but since it doesn't work all that well, they should have only done it on a few, like they only put the extending saber on 1 figure.

On a side note, it looks like another case of Rebelscum taking a image from Hasbro and slapping their logo on it like it's there picture though. :rolleyes: Hopefully clearer photos will show up later today.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 01:10 PM
he looks good and messed up... that's for sure!!! I can't wait to see this one!!! He's much better than the "smell the glove" Vader.

hukilu
04-03-2002, 01:16 PM
I wasnt aware that this was going to be a post "I am your Father" Figure (was Madonna just here?) but I must say I like it. He looks he's got a nasty bash on his forehead which is most excellent.

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I hope that he still has a working holster for his gun as well. Looks like he's another magnet hand figure, It was ok on a few figures....but since it doesn't work all that well, they should have only done it on a few, like they only put the extending saber on 1 figure.
Where do you see the magnet? It seems like both hands are pretty much normal sized to me. Although since he DID use that force trick in ESB I can see Hasbro putting it in. Do they realize that it never works?

On a side note, it looks like another case of Rebelscum taking a image from Hasbro and slapping their logo on it like it's there picture though. :rolleyes: Hopefully clearer photos will show up later today.

What are you talking about JJB? They would NEVER do something like that! It would be unethical!! ;)

Beast
04-03-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Where do you see the magnet? It seems like both hands are pretty much normal sized to me. Although since he DID use that force trick in ESB I can see Hasbro putting it in. Do they realize that it never works?
Well, he's holding the gun. That might be in the way of the magnet that could be in his palm. But also, maybe they didn't put the magnet in the hand to hold the saber. But maybe like a certain AOTC's figure that we have seen, maybe he has a magnet in his wrist that detatches when you press a button on his back. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 03:59 PM

But maybe like a certain AOTC's figure that we have seen, maybe he has a magnet in his wrist that detatches when you press a button on his back. :)

Ugh, that figure worries me. I have this feeling that I'll be supergluing her arm just to make it stay on:(

LTBasker
04-03-2002, 04:19 PM
It's an ok figure...basic articulation... Doesn't look like you'll be able to pose it in any good fighting pose though. It'd be nice if his lightsaber blade is also removeable and the hilt can go to his belt. Much better than the Bespin Vader that was released, I just hope there are no gimmicks.

2-1B
04-03-2002, 04:53 PM
From that pic, it looks like they banged his eye up pretty well :Pirate:

I doubt I'll buy him, I am satisfied with the detachable hand version from a few years ago :)

Beast
04-03-2002, 04:59 PM
Ahhhh, Ceaser. You do realize you are using a picture of Ricky McCallum, don't you. :dead: The horror...the horror.....

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 05:01 PM
Honestly Ceaser, its just creepy. :eek:

I just hope that this Luke has a useable holster. I heard that this guy was coming with a base that locks into Bespin Vaders. Any truth to this or was it just rumor?

Lord Tenebrous
04-03-2002, 05:06 PM
I find it to be a charming figure, actually, I probably just like it because it's not an AOTC figure. Hopefully, it will come with the seen blaster, the lightsaber from one production picture, and the bacta tankard seen in the prototype shot. I don't know about the Bespin Base, but it would be a nice addition if they were to do a continued Bespin playset that ended with the Cloud City weather vane.

And he looks to have about 10 points of articulation, and a sculpt much better than the X-Wing Luke and the late 90's horde of Tatooine Luke.

Beast
04-03-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I just hope that this Luke has a useable holster. I heard that this guy was coming with a base that locks into Bespin Vaders. Any truth to this or was it just rumor?
Thats what the rumors are suggesting, that it will be the I-beam and weathervane section that Luke is standing on after the duel before he jumps. So I assume that the rumors will turn out true.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
04-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Kinda scrawny lookin'. reckon the magnet will be on his wrist? or will he have a peg in the hand to click into the wrist like the old luke bespin? yeah the base thing would be nice. even though it wouldn't be all of the vane only the top part. But it would still save a bit of modelling for us diorama builders :) Like that mashed up face. like the knees too. bicep cuts and knees we like hasbro. :) thought - could the base be the exterior weather vane Luke ends up on which is why he gots knees?

There's a theory in psychology that states "The need to place or inscribe one's name upon everything one owns - or in some cases, doesn't own - shows evidence that in one's subconscious there is a severe inferiority complex about the size of one's penis, (especially if it is indeed a small penis) thus the need and unconscious desire to agrandise oneself in the eyes of others." Rosenblaum - Inner medicine, p.1987 :evil:

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 08:48 PM
nice parting comments there Jargo, ol' pal. ;)

pthfnder89
04-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Lol Jargo. Where on earth did that little nugget of wisdom come from?:P

Originally posted by LTBasker
It's an ok figure...basic articulation... Doesn't look like you'll be able to pose it in any good fighting pose though.

I don't know. It looks like with his elbow joints, he might be designed to pose in a two handed lightsaber grip. But he would need wrist movement to make that work, and those kind of joints are hard to see in pictures.:( I guess we'll find out soon.

I really like this figure so far though. I'm glad we're gtting a new Luke finally!:) I know, I know, resculpted Lukes (and Hans, and Artoos, etc...) turn a lot of people off, but with the new more accurately scaled Luke Xwing, I want some other Lukes that are similarly detailed and sized. The POTF2 Bespin Luke STILL stands as one of my favorite figures, but now he's way too big to go next to other figures.

Plus, do you realize that we went through an entire SERIES with only ONE new Luke? I'm pretty amazed Hasbro held of this long.;)

LTBasker
04-04-2002, 10:13 AM
2 Lukes, Bacta Tank Luke and Pilot Luke. :p

Also yeah, I'm sure there is wrist articulation there, but I meant some more fighting scene poses which I could put him in myself which could REALLY make him look like he's dueling and not just standing there, he hasn't got any robes to get in the way of articulation either.

pthfnder89
04-04-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
2 Lukes, Bacta Tank Luke and Pilot Luke. :p

Thanks LTB, I had this feeling I was leaving something out. Although honestly I consider that Luke just an accessory to a cool playset:D

Jargo
04-04-2002, 03:11 PM
The quote? oh, um I.... y'know..... just sorta 'found' it.... *coff* :sur: :D

I'm liking the new Luke although I too like the POTF version. Admittedly this is a hazy picture to go on but from what is visible it seems more than just adequate. Now if they'd just make an R2 with a mini smoke machine inside..... :p No seriously. The classic figures are turning out really nicely. So far. I can see me spending more on classic figures than AOTC but then again it depends on how much of this stuff comes out at once. I think even the richest among us would balk at the release dates that are allegedly the schedule for this year. Just on figures beasts and vehicles I counted a very rough 90 items. Admittedly I counted each individual figure in 2-packs and the AOTC stuff and wotnot, but all the same that's a lot of stuff to find homes for. And I didn't count rumoured items either. But thankfully this Luke is supposedly one of the first off the block so it shouldn't be long now. :) BTW, math isn't my strong point being numerically illiterate so don't go ganging up on me if I counted wrong. I learned to count with Sesame street and they only ever got as high as twenty one in the shows we got over here from what I recall. After 21 I get a little fuzzy..... :crazed:

Darth Evil
04-05-2002, 02:57 PM
Nice figure, that knee joint is awful though!

Jayspawn
04-08-2002, 12:51 PM
What do ya guys think o the new Bespin Luke???

I think it's amazing! He comes with a lightsaber, medical attachment, and antena from Cloud City. Now that is a figure! Those are accesories!

Bring it on Hasbro!

Comments...

CrossWizard
04-08-2002, 01:08 PM
Its awesome, just with all the cool accesories, the great sculpt and gritty, detailed paint job, plus finally we get a Luke that can hold his lightsaber with both hands(Final Duel Luke from the 3 pack doesnt count). I cant wait to get it.

droidekas2
04-08-2002, 02:07 PM
Wow!!

Now this is a resculpt that I welcome!!

I love the Cloud City weather vane!! I hope it will be a suction cup at the base so that it can be hung from a window or other smooth surface.

Its about time they start to fill up all that extra bubble space with something. Why make the bubble bigger when you aren't putting anything extra in.

JEDIpartner
04-08-2002, 02:10 PM
To balance this all out... you get Endor Han with NO trench coat, 2 little detonators and-- oh! Is that his gun wiggling at the top of the bubble???

bigbarada
04-08-2002, 03:03 PM
I'm really digging this figure, I absolutely loathed the POTF2 version of Bespin Luke! Too tall and bulky, Luke was a scrawny little weakling. Finally Hasbro has figured that out.

DeadEye
04-08-2002, 03:16 PM
I couldn't agree more. This figure looks like one of the best...my five favorite figures this year will probably be this luke, dooku, hangar duel anakin, mace windu, and kamino jango. :D

pthfnder89
04-08-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
To balance this all out... you get Endor Han with NO trench coat, 2 little detonators and-- oh! Is that his gun wiggling at the top of the bubble???

Silly JEDIpartnr, don't forget his "Quick-Draw Blaster Action Feature" tm. :D

Seriously though, the new Han is NOT that bad of a figure. He looks excellent, has several detailed accessories (whether you like them or not; personally I do) and a holster. He wasn't wearing his trenchcoat while planting the explosives so it's perfectly accurate.

There are lots of crappy SW figs coming out, but this one is still firmly on my buy list.

evenflow
04-08-2002, 04:28 PM
This Luke is great. I love it, especially the hand covering thing. Great attention to detial on this one. Great job Hasbro.

RooJay
04-08-2002, 07:38 PM
WOW! I just had an idea: His hand coming off would make him an excellent candidate for a custom "Cockknocker" figure from Jay and Silent Bob Stirke Back! Just pop on a G.I. Joe or other appropriately large fist, a little sculpting, some paint, a couple other accessories and...VOILA!:crazed: