PDA

View Full Version : AOTC figures going for $130 on Ebay

JediDan
04-03-2002, 01:36 PM
I just checked Ebay and a Jar Jar is up to $130 and then there are a few auctions that are selling a pair of AOTC figs that are now up to $100. What are those people thinking?? Give it 2 weeks and the stores will be flooded with them. I just cannot believe it. :rolleyes: :crazed:

LTBasker
04-03-2002, 01:45 PM
I dunno, talk about crazy people, I'm watching a couple auctions that are quite nicely priced.

Jedi Drew
04-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Look at how much the clown on E-Bay paid for the Taun We figure. Some people just can't wait or are smoking some good crack. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: HH

CrossWizard
04-03-2002, 02:10 PM
I must admit, the impatience got to me a couple days ago when I bought Jango, Obi Wan and The Super Battle Droid for $21+ $4 shipping on Ebay but theres no way in hell I will pay more than $10 for a figure I will most likely get for $7-$8 in 3 weeks. Hell with $100-$200 I can get everything on my Episode 2 merchandise list. Some people have way too much money and nothing good to spend it in.

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 02:15 PM
That's not right... AT ALL!

LTBasker
04-03-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Drew
Look at how much the clown on E-Bay paid for the Taun We figure. Some people just can't wait or are smoking some good crack. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: HH

They can't be smokin' anything, they spend everything on those figures. :p

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 02:34 PM
LOL,

I saw a Nikto Jedi going for over $200! Thats absurd. Do these people not realize that these figures will be everywhere in 3 weeks, or are they just stupid?

Beast
04-03-2002, 02:37 PM
And these are exactly the reasons that lead to scalpers buying up mass quantities and trying to sell them on Ebay. You can pretty much gurantee that any figure that sells for over 100.00 on Ebay will be hard to find in stores cause some greedy scalper will come along and wipe out the supply to try to make a quick buck. :( I wish Hasbro would do what the online RPG games do, and forbid their items to be resold on Ebay somehow. Maybe all of us collectors could actually find something in stores. An example of proof of what I am saying you can see in stores with figures like R2-Q5 and Jango Fett (Preview). :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, as I recall, the same thing was happening right up to before E1 stuff was released. Although eBay, wasn't what it is now back then, scalpers were already stoked to buy all the new stuff, and got their hands on some figures early and were selling them for small fortunes. Then they were released, and since you could find almost any figure anywhere in the beginning, you'd see these scalpers at shows and cons trying to unload these things at outrageous prices, and none were selling.

I truly believe that there will be no lack of these figures come 4/23, whether you go at midnight, or later in the day.

Beast
04-03-2002, 02:44 PM
I hope so Wolfwood319, I remember that there was some trouble finding a set of battle droids on release night. Though I did find a complete set the next morning at K-Mart, so I guess I didn't have to worry to much. I still wanna buy a few offline early, but I'm waiting to get a deal close to what they will cost in store. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Drew
04-03-2002, 02:46 PM
VERY, VERY STUPID and LOT'S of money I guess.:confused: :confused: We have done some crazy things to get a figure but to pay that amount of CASH is insane when it will be out in a few weeks. They are only toys right???:crazed: :crazed:

icatch9
04-03-2002, 02:56 PM
These aren't real people paying for these. this sort of auction works like this. Scalper A bids a ton of money on Scaler B's item. This get idiot 1 and 2 to think that this is a hot item and they better get one. Then idiot 1 and 2 see that Scalper C has one of these for a much cheaper price (it's still more than store price but a lot chaper than $100.00). There is never any money exchanged between Scalper A and B (hell they may even be the same person) The scalpers are in a ring togeather to try and con people into buying these things.

Think about it, we are the poeple who know about Star WArs, and we know this stuff is not worth that much. So do the scalpers, and they try thier best to pull a fast one on us.

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 02:57 PM
It's ridiculous, but then again, don't get too mad at these people. Pleas, they need our compasion. Remember that they have to go through life with the small brains that they have now. That must be terribley difficult for them.

So please, Compasion, not anger! ;) :D

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 02:59 PM
Interesting theory Icatch, a little bit of seedy under the table action or so it would seem. I'm lucky to live in a cold area for scalpers, and I hope and pray that it remains that way throughout the year. One thing I cannot stand is scalpers.

LTBasker
04-03-2002, 03:04 PM
Yeah I know about the same person bidding on their own auction under a different name, and the funny part was the auction I saw with the scalper doing that, is they were using a name to bid that looked just like the one they had as the seller name. :rolleyes:

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Yeah I know about the same person bidding on their own auction under a different name, and the funny part was the auction I saw with the scalper doing that, is they were using a name to bid that looked just like the one they had as the seller name. :rolleyes:

What, you expect intelligence from these people LTB? ;) Shame on you, you should know better...:D

2-1B
04-03-2002, 03:33 PM
eBay scalpers - you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy :Pirate:

TikiFett
04-03-2002, 06:40 PM
Who cares about all this. Do what makes you happy.

GeneralKenobi
04-03-2002, 08:12 PM
Dear god Caesar...that avatar is horrendous but funny as hell. It's like a train wreck, you don't wanna look at it but you do.

JediDan
04-03-2002, 09:20 PM
The figure that is up to $130 is the Senator Jar Jar. The description says that he might only be 1 per case since his Episode 1 figures were such pegwarmers, Hasbro is making very few of him. ROFL...... I'll bet that Senator Jar Jar will be the pegwarmer for AOTC. Oh well, you got the money why not spend it, right???? I just hope they didn't buy into that crap about him being 1 per case and Hasbro making very few of him. :rolleyes:

Battle Droid
04-03-2002, 09:32 PM
"Patience!"

They've all turned the to Darkside and have become Agents of Evil.

Jedi_Rainman
04-03-2002, 09:36 PM
And don't forget the people who work in stores that get discounts on anything they buy. They will get it even cheaper.

icatch9
04-04-2002, 09:08 AM
There is nothing wrong with an employee discount. These people work hard and get paid very little. You might not think so, but I know some that truely do. Sure there are some bad apples, but that is true in any line of work. I don't know what your job is, but I bet it comes with perks. So, don't dis store employees whe get a measly 10% off, that's chump change. It's basically getting it tax free, and that aint much either.

pthfnder89
04-04-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by JediDan
The figure that is up to $130 is the Senator Jar Jar. The description says that he might only be 1 per case since his Episode 1 figures were such pegwarmers, Hasbro is making very few of him. ROFL...... I'll bet that Senator Jar Jar will be the pegwarmer for AOTC. Oh well, you got the money why not spend it, right???? I just hope they didn't buy into that crap about him being 1 per case and Hasbro making very few of him. :rolleyes:

Even if he is one per case, that doesn't mean there won't be tons of him. I mean, just think about how many cases of that assortment they are going to produce. At one per case, that's still a whole world of JarJars.:D

My personal favorite Ebay auction was someone selling a vintage Y-wing. He said that Hasbro themselves had stated that they would NEVER EVER rerelease the Y-wing in the new StarWars line.

This was about 3 months after Hasbros press release that the Y-wing would be coming out again. With pictures no less! Gotta love these Ebay "experts":rolleyes:

Darth Shinji
04-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Let's just hope that the scalpers dom't cause a crash in the legitimate secondary market, similar to what happened to the comic book collectors around the time the death of superman came out. Not that i'm going to be selling my collection anytime soon, but if I ever have to, it would be nice to get a good and fair price.
This E-bay problem reminds me of this little guy that owned a comic book store near me. He would buy 2 to 3 cases of figures, take them back to his store and mark them up 2 to 3 times what TRU was chraging.
Well to make a long story short, we (along with almost all of his customers) stopped shopping there, and he went out of buisness.:D :D :D
I'm willing to bet that E-bay scalpers will share a similar fate if we do the same to them.

Just wanted to rant of a moment
HH MTFBWY

subMERGE
04-06-2002, 02:16 PM
Some of these people are crazy! I bought a Padme two weeks ago on Ebay for only 10.50? If you really want something badly and look around at the right time, you can a find a "Buy it Now" auction. Buy It Now takes all the hassle out of winning an auction

neimoidian85
04-06-2002, 05:01 PM
Hehhh...all you have to do is say that the new AOTC figs are unreleased prototypes from TPM and eBayers will be on em like maggots.

Wolfwood319
04-06-2002, 05:10 PM
THIS is the TOUGH One! Don't Know the Exact Story, But a Reliable Source told me This guy is Going to be Impossible to Find!! Please check out my other auctions going on as I have the RARE Dexter Jettster and Episode II Deluxe Figures up for bid also

This quote taken directly from an ebay auction for a Nikto Jedi. Its crap like this that the weak minded believe and then immediately shell over $100 for a figure. Luckily this auctions current high bid was only $30. I think people are starting to realize the reality of how easy it is going to be to find most or all of the new figs.

JediDan
04-06-2002, 05:14 PM
Yes, it is very sickening seeing these people getting the shaft paying those high prices. For $130 you can get your Jar Jar plus about 20 MORE!!!!!!!! Man is Jar Jar really worth that much to some people????:(

GeneralKenobi
04-07-2002, 11:57 AM
Jar Jar should never be worth that much...ever.

CrossWizard
04-07-2002, 12:23 PM
Man, $130 for a figure of a character that is in the movie no more than 3-4 minutes. Thats kwazy :crazed: