PDA

View Full Version : Vader huntinng down the Council

dirtybones
04-03-2002, 02:49 PM
If Mace Windu makes it in AOTC I'll bet when Vader starts to hunt down and destroy the council memebers Mr. Windu is #1 on the list. Anybody got a view on this one? I mean if your going to kill the council wouldn't you want to start at the top?

Beast
04-03-2002, 02:53 PM
You're kinda in the wrong area with a question like this. Since the events of AOTC's will effect what will happen to the Council and Mace. May want to re-ask this question in the Episode III spoilers section. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 02:54 PM
This should really be more in the Episode III section of the forums. There is actually a few threads on hypothesis of what will happen in Episode III.

Yeah, I'd go after him first too. But seeing as how this isn't a AOTC spoiler section, I won't go into what I think will happen.

dirtybones
04-03-2002, 02:59 PM
Point well taken. thanks.

Pendo
04-04-2002, 08:56 AM
I don't think it will be Anakin who kills Mace Windu, I think it will be Boba Fett because...

***EPISODE II SPOILERS***

Mace killed Jango in AOTC and from what I've heard Boba is pretty pi**ed about it! He would probably want revenge on his father's killer.

PENDO!

Geonosian
04-20-2002, 08:30 AM
True...

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 09:49 PM
I think Mace does himself in. George repeating themes and all that.

Pendo
05-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I think Mace does himself in. George repeating themes and all that.

I hope not. It would probably make Obi-Wan's sacrifice in Ep4 less dramatic and tense...but then again it depends on how well it is written and done.

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 07:35 PM
Back when the infamous Mace's Death thread started we were discussing this very topic. I said I thought there would be a confrontation between Mace and Boba concerning Jango's death. While I didn't think Boba was a good enough combatant to beat a legendary Jedi master like Windu, I thought Mace might "become one with the force" and to Boba it might look like Mace "disintegrated." When he went back to tell Vader what happened, Vader would be upset and from that point on, evey time Vader used Fett for a mission he would tell him "No disintegrations." This of course, would pay off in the ESB scene.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 07:50 PM
I think Anakin will go after Mace personally.Is it just me or did Anakin shoot one hell of a death stare at Mace when he met with counsel for the last time in EP 1.
I have wondered about wether or not it was because he was talking about Amidala or something else.Any ideas?

Pendo
05-15-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Dryanta
I think Anakin will go after Mace personally.Is it just me or did Anakin shoot one hell of a death stare at Mace when he met with counsel for the last time in EP 1.
I have wondered about wether or not it was because he was talking about Amidala or something else.Any ideas?

It wasn't just you, that sent shivers up my spine... Probably one of my favourite Jake Lloyd parts of the movie.

PENDO!

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 09:54 AM
Thanks Pendo,My favorite too.There was definately something there.But what? I guess we'll have to wait and see

die-jarjar-die
05-31-2002, 10:45 PM
A long time ago when GL first announced the idea of a sequel to SW & the epic & mammoth task of creating, at that time, 3 seperate sequels, I'm pretty sure, but unfortunately CANNOT remember where I first read this, he discussed what each trilogy was going to be about:

the 1st (OT) being the adventures of Luke Skywalker;

the 2nd (PT) being the story of Anakin Skywalker;

the final sequel trilogy (which GL has since said he will not make, sob sob) being the adventures of a character, who survives the PT..........

Perhaps this mystery character would have been Mace Windu................

This COULD also be corroborated by the knowledge that originally Star Wars was gonig to be the "Adventures of Mace Windu"..

A little something to chew on perhaps?...........

darthvyn
06-02-2002, 03:21 PM
i would love a trilogy about mace. that would rock. although, i had heard that the third trilogy (should this be abreviated TT?) if it were made, would be some one who survived the PT and came back as the antagonist to luke and his padawan, leia. this sort of lends credence to the fact that mace IS bad, if it is mace, but i'm thinking it might be dooku.

Tycho
06-02-2002, 03:37 PM
Why couldn't another Trilogy be Han Solo's story?

Han survives E3. I think he's a young Clone Warrior. I've posted many "proofs" on this.

It would not interfere with Ann Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy: "The Paradise Snare," "The Hutt Gambit," and "Rebel Dawn."

Not to mention the fact that these books show the formation of the Rebel Alliance, also star Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt, Guri, Xizor, Baron Soontir Fel, Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca, Vuffi-Ra, even Bail Organa and Princess Leia with a bit part.

They are all younger and could be played by different actors.

They can fill in the gaps between E3 and E4 in a lot of ways (though none of it has to do with the Sith and the Jedi).

darthvyn
06-02-2002, 03:42 PM
well, it's highly doubtful that we will see any TT in lucas' lifetime. after that, it's too much of a cash cow for the person who inherits his estate not to do anything with it...

die-jarjar-die
06-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Can you imagine what will happen if that does occur? More spin off's than Star Trek could ever create!

Oh it could truely be a scary scary time........

die-jarjar-die
06-05-2002, 05:52 PM
The other synopsis is:

After completion of the PT, GL puts his Production cap on once again & produces more gems in the vein of HOWARD THE DUCK & TUCKER, A MAN & HIS DREAM (s******)...................

After, say, 10 years with all his vast fortune washed down the proverbial sink he may one day sit down & think " I need cash....fast!"

& hey presto a 3rd SW trilogy + merchandise *yv sin offs.......

The futures bright...................lol

saladin
06-06-2002, 12:13 AM
well i hope Mace at leat dosn't die like chump, maybe he sacrifices him self for some one.

princethomas
06-06-2002, 02:54 PM
I think that Anakin will kill Mace. I think it will be his coming out party. And the point of no return. If you look at the Jedi. Windu is really the only one that we are offered to get to know and to like. Since Kenobi and Yoda live the rest must die. Windu will be the one that we will be sad to see go. I think Anakin will kill him coldly
and at that point his journey to the darkside will be complete. The killing of the rest of the jedi will just be something that happens. With him the emperor and the clones. But killing Mace will be a big moment. And that will be the end of Anakin and the birth of Vader and I think he will do this without the suit. So we all know who did it.

die-jarjar-die
06-06-2002, 02:54 PM
I can picture the scene already....

Imagine if you will, the PC standards commitee, waiting in line to see, or even not to see, Ep3.

They find out Mace Windu has been killed "OUTRAGEIOUS" they cry in harmony. Rushing home to their Pc's (no pun) they furiously beaver away, creating written works of such venom, that one must truely laugh.

"This time George Lucas has gone to far....1st he insults the ethnic cultures of the world with his disgusting & totally rascist characatures & now he blatantly kills off the MAJOR african american character in this trilogy whilst allowing his posse of white, blonde haired, blue eyed crackers to live"

Needless to say...if Mace does die in Ep3 expect something along those lines to emerge from the PC contingency, who will know doubt completely neglect the fact that 9000 jedi will also have died..........................

Tycho
06-06-2002, 04:15 PM
Yes, but it's terrible that the black hero becomes a martyr for the Jedi, while one blonde, blue-eyed one becomes a serial killer and the other one a pathological liar about it, with dubious freedom from schizophrenia I might add.

Oh, not to mention, the white guy is a dead-beat dad who never once cared for his children in 18 years! This is terrible.

I am offended! I can't believe they did that to white males! I am going to call my Grand Dragon and Mein Fuhrer right away and ask them to organize the boys.

I don't want to see one of my kind showing up in line for Episode 3 in their white bed sheets, their red armbands, with their hand-tied ropes!

We'll see how George Lucas feels when he finds out that the all the members of the KKK and the Hitler Youth are going to boycott his films.

die-jarjar-die
06-06-2002, 08:17 PM
*s******s*

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 11:58 AM
I still think that vader cant kill Mace he still isnt strong enough or good enough with a lightsaber to kill mace right when he is a sith apprentice...no way Vader doesnt stand a chance against mace and so doesnt Boba

princethomas
06-26-2002, 12:39 PM
Are you crazy?!? Vader/Anakin doesnt stand a chance against Mace? Darth Vader? The Darth Vader. Are you mad? Darth Vader is, and has been all my life. The most powerful force in all of fiction. I used to fight comic book nerds about Vader vs. Superman. There is no one in the Galaxy that he doesnt stand a chance against, and there are very few that stand a chance against him. I realize that you dont think he has gotten to that point yet. But it has to begin sometime. And he was obviously pretty darned good against the old man Dooku. I m willing to bet money that it will be Anakin that slays Mace.

-Tom

"Count Dooku, youre name means Count Poop!" -Padawan Velma

Tycho
06-26-2002, 01:09 PM
NO SPOILERS....so:

New information on Boba Fett's age for the final movie was posted in the E3 spoiler section. It came from George Lucas' interview in the latest Starlog Magazine (issue 300).

The information is about Boba's age and the implications concerning that. I'll post it here if no one objects.

It does NOT discuss what he'll do in E3.

Jedi Clint
06-26-2002, 04:35 PM
Even though no one may object to this now, someone reading this later on might. If anyone is interested, then the Spoilers forum is but a drop down menu and a click away.

Tycho
06-26-2002, 06:43 PM
Good call Jedi Clint.

So here's the SPOILER thread regarding Boba Fett's age and role in E3 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=118728#post118728)

Croaker quoted George Lucas in Starlog Magazine.

This does contain a minor spoiler that can alter all prequel plot forecasting, or might not change it at all (depending upon your opinion). Click on the link at your own risk. E3 spoiler warning is in effect.

darthvyn
06-26-2002, 06:45 PM
sooo... tempting... must resist. actually... i'm not really feeling that tempted. not totally, anyway...lol

Darth Grifter
06-27-2002, 02:12 AM
I don't think that the timeline revelation is really a big spoiler secret. I mean yeah, people don't really know how many years are going to take place between II and III; however, it doesn't take Mr. Watson to figure out that so many years could pass and yadda yadda yadda...

Committing himself to the force seems to be Mace's great way out; noble, no one kills him, and he still maintains his bad-a-mf reputation with all his fans. It is said that no one is stronger than him, so logically no one should be able to best him; however, we are talking Darth Vader here. And, yeah :D , I would be all smiles to see Darth show the audience what he was really capable of and destroy a big named Jedi, with or without the mask on. I think if Anakin is as in touch with the force and is "the chosen one" that he would be able to best anyone once he becomes centered on whatever side of the fence that he stands on. It is easier to give in to the dark side and be powerful, so I could see the dark powers accentuating his already highly attuned natural abilities.

am i rambling? yes, yes I am...

Tycho
06-27-2002, 04:58 AM
Consider this: being The Chosen One does not necessitate being the best.

All it means is the one who will fulfill the prophesy. Anakin may never be the most awesome Jedi we see. (as himself or as Vader). That may not be his destiny.

With the Jedi hunted down by Clones, bounty hunters, and lynch mobs, not to mention battledroids, a guy in a lifesupport suit may not need to be the best. To "help the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights" he might just meditate and tell them where to go look.

But I'm sure he'll do "some" fighting. It would be too disappointing if he did not. However, do read the lines very carefully. Obi-Wan did not tell Luke "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine before he turned to evil, helped the Empire by personally cutting down all the Jedi using the Dark Side of the Force."

Obi-Wan said "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine before he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father."

So the only one Vader was sworn to have killed was Luke's dad.

Now there's a thought to ponder. I bet you guys don't like that.

darthvyn
06-27-2002, 09:47 AM
i never thought that he was the "best"... the strongest with the force? that's something that has virtually been shoved in our collective face. i doubt we won't see him fight at all, but i agree, killing 2000 jedi is a lot of work for one guy, tall or not... i was thinking, tycho, in your treatment, you say that anakin will be in palpatine's service... what if he is an admiral of the republic navy, or maybe a high command position. it would be a good way to lure him in, using his desire to "be the first one to see them [star systems] all." and it would lead to his position in (assumed) anh and (known) esb.

Tycho
06-27-2002, 12:28 PM
He won't hold any military rank. He didn't go to the Academy and come up through the normal promotions, and this is more formal than the Rebel Alliance (though Han had been a Lt. and we don't know so much about Lando's past).

But Anakin could be in "the Jedi's army - which were the Clones since "the Jedi ordered them made and Master Yoda took over their command."

But I think if he's quit the Jedi Order, he'll be a special advisor to Palpatine: body guard, counselor in negotiations, special emissary (like Darth Maul was, only Anakin looks normal and can be open and legal). He will not be a Sith in this role. He won't even know Palpatine is at this point. He'll just want a job close to Padme.

darthvyn
06-27-2002, 02:16 PM
but palpatine has emergency powers... he could do anything he wants, thus could stick this kid in a place of power without any training. i mean, who's a better person to be palpatine's flaming sword, a regimented REPUBLIC naval officer, who could maybe realize his orders are a little askew, or a completely over-whelmed ex-jedi who would go to directly to palpatine for advice any time anything happened? this way he's set up as palpatine's supreme naval officer, and his lackey...

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-27-2002, 02:35 PM
Still think about Darth Vader isnt the best force ever in fiction!?!?!are you peoples nuts yoda could be doing flips around him and darth vader would be having anxiety attacks because he's scared to die....well not really the 5 strongest fighters or whatever you call it would have to be
1.Yoda, i dont know him or palpatine hard to decide
2.Palpy, he may be stronger then yoda
3.Mace Windu tied with Darth Vader
4.Obi-Wan
5.Luke

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-27-2002, 02:40 PM
still Anakin at the start of episode 2 is only training form 4 lightsaber combat, at the start episode 1 mace is instructing form 7 lightsaber combat, and if you do have the visual dictonary for episode 2 read mace windu's page on jedi's in battle it says he is a form 7 instructor wicth many jedi cant even control this form of lightsaber combat, and anakin on episode 3 might be on form 5 or 6 not 7 see their is no way that vader could take down Mace i personlly think Palpy will shock with about 7 or 8 bolts force lighting and then Mace will die....

Geonosian
06-28-2002, 10:14 AM
I hope Anakin kills Mace. Remember epidode 1. Mace was the one that said "no he will not be trained, he is to old"

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-29-2002, 01:13 PM
yeah geonosian but still i see palaptine having to shock some force lighting into Mace Windu to have anakin win...

Darth Grifter
06-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Yes, but...

It is Vader who somewhat withstands the force of Palpy's lightning in ROTJ. He is the only one who fought through the emp's powers to overthrow him (pun intended ;) ). Could this mean that Vader is strong, or that Palpy is weak.

hmmm...very interesting this point is. hmmm...

I do agree that Yoda must be the quote-unquote best because he takes Dooku's lightning and sticks it in his back pocket for later. And he's Yoda. enough said.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-30-2002, 12:30 PM
well palpy isnt all that neccesarily weak vader is behind palpy when palpy is shocking luke and luke is screaming for vader to help but palpy thinks vader isnt goanna do anything but one vader grabs palpy and throws down the shaft and palpatine is shocking him thats why vader dies palpys force lighting, also can say that Yoda could deflect palpys force lighting i wanna see Yoda deflect his force lighting back into palpy hurting him, cause palpy thinks he could beat yoda probely but yoda takes him down with his own attacks, also Darth Vader dosnt stand a chance again Yoda

Darkross
07-04-2002, 10:46 AM
Yoda may very well be the strongest force user in the Prequels...but I think that Vader or Luke are the most powerful in the OT. Vader and Luke together are more powerful than the Emperor...but the Emperor alone is stronger than any one Jedi or Sith in the OT (IMO). Remember that even Obi-Wan absorbed Dooku's force lightning with his lightsaber...so in essence...as long as he had his lightsaber...he would be unaffected by force lightning. The fact that Yoda and Dooku squared off with force lighting...shows Yoda's strength in the force. Perhaps when he retreats to Dagobah he grows weaker in the force at least by the time ROTJ rolls around.

darthvyn
07-04-2002, 11:53 AM
i hadn't really thought about it before, but it is really cool how obi-wan is able to block the lightning with his saber... i mean, we've never seen anyone do that before... it always seemed like a a type of power that jedi didn't have a defense for... pretty cool...

Tycho
07-04-2002, 01:24 PM
I liked Obi-Wan in his battle with Dooku. I wished he lasted a little bit longer, but he did "offscreen" because they had to cut to Padme to explain how she got to the hanger. Still, that doesn't mean they had to give Obi-Wan less screen time I suppose, but in real time, the fight with Anakin and then with Yoda had to go down during less time than it would take for her to get to them, that way the Masters could battle one-on-mone (which looked awesome, btw!)

I just saw AOTC again Tuesday night I think. I love that movie!

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-04-2002, 03:52 PM
but still i think yoda could take palaptine any day except when he is really old but deffintaly the strongest fighter ever in the star wars saga would have to be yoda

Tycho
07-09-2002, 03:04 AM
In case any here are interested, I started a post to track ALL the Jedi (alive or killed) during or around Anakin / Vader's lifetime inTHE VADER'S HIT LIST Thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11755)

but since a lot of this will likely happen offscreen, or could involve never-seen-before Jedi for non-speaking scenes in the last movie, the EU can be referred to for a lot of cool-looking characters. Comics and books may also have to resolve these characters' stories anyway.

Needles
07-09-2002, 10:22 AM
Yoda could take on anything any day,He could seriously kick Vader's ***!

Needles
07-09-2002, 10:33 AM
I dont thik Mace will die to the deadly blade of Anikan/Vader,I think that Boba,even though still young will decapitate Mace Windu with his own Saber,like Mace did to his father in AOTC.Thats just me,who would not get revenge on the person who murdered or more specifically decapitated your Bounty Hunter Dad that is known throughout the galaxy right in front of you?I think that if Boba has a chance he should take it and rid Mace Windu of the galaxy,no torture,no question,He takes the chance to kill him.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-09-2002, 03:51 PM
boba use a lightsaber?!?!?!?!thats funny ya know i really think thats funny anyway i think that yoda will beat palpatine but be sersiouilly injured when doing this

Jedi Clint
07-09-2002, 04:51 PM
Yoda beat Palpatine???? That explains why Palpatine's Empire never came to power. ;)

darthvyn
07-09-2002, 05:02 PM
well, he'll like, beat him in points, or a techincal knockout. he won't pin him, or knock him out, though.

Needles
07-09-2002, 07:03 PM
Well boba may be able to knock Mace unconsious and use his lightsaber to decapitate him,it could happen.and Im sticking to my theory!