PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart SPREE!

therock0603
04-03-2002, 07:48 PM
WOOOHOOOO. I'm goin to go to a Wal-Mart about 15 miles away from here to see if they have any new episode II figures. Then if no luck there, I'm gonna go to a supercenter about 7 miles from there..... And then possibly go to a wal-mart near my house....lol. I've gotta have some luck. I've already found the collection 2 figures, just looking for collection 1 now. Wish me luck.

To all that say to just wait for the release date to buy the figures and stop trying to find them ahead of time, I must compare the situation to Snickers commercials. They say "Hungry? Why wait? Grab a Snickers." I say, "Want AOTC figures before the release date? Why wait? Go to Wal-Mart!"

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 07:57 PM
Wal-Mart's have received memos in the past few days on the whole "early released AOTC figures" and for the most part I believe they've all been taken off the shelves.

They've been warned...

But all the luck to you, just don't expect much.

CrossWizard
04-03-2002, 07:58 PM
Good luck, and remember to check out cases lying on the floor or in paletes just in case. At least 1 out of those 3 Walmarts must have what youre looking for.

therock0603
04-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Well the notice about AOTC figures sounds like it was just a rumor. The post on Rebelscum.com about it was just a report from some guy that had heard it "around" Wal-Mart. I've heard nothing more about it other than that. Also, one Wal-Mart I went to yesterday, a supercenter, had about 6 or 7 shelves full of Collection 2 AOTC figures. And another thing, the other Wal-Mart I found them at is in a bad part of town and isn't really that nice. So it's not like they care. So I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow. See if they put out any Collection 1 figures. And check out the other super center that I've never been to before.

stevenmh
04-03-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Good luck, and remember to check out cases lying on the floor or in paletes just in case. At least 1 out of those 3 Walmarts must have what youre looking for.

One would think (and hope), but it's not necessarily the case. I made a trip from Lynchburg, VA, to Grove City, PA, this past weekend, and decided to stop at every Wal-Mart and TRU I passed. I stopped at 3 Wal-Marts and a TRU. Add to that the 2 local Wal-Marts and TRU in Lynchburg, for a total of 5 Wal-Marts and 2 TRU's, over a span of 450 miles, and not one EPII item (except for preview figs at a couple stores). I made a point of looking not just at the SW section, but at each toy aisle, in case any boxes were sitting out for unpacking. No luck.

GeneralKenobi
04-03-2002, 09:04 PM
The Wal-marts around here aren't shelving the stuff but they bring it out on a pallet and leave it on the floor. If you are lucky enough to be there at the right time and don't get caught opening boxes you can make off like a Corellian smuggler. After a little while, they finally read the boxes and pull them to the back.

Jedi Drew
04-03-2002, 09:16 PM
I have been to Three Wal-Mart's in the Cleveland, Oh. area and all they have is NOTHING except a few Bespin Guards. No Snowspeeder or TIE Bomber. We'll wait and see, It maybe Calm Before The Storm I hope. HH:frus: :frus: :frus:

droidekas2
04-03-2002, 09:31 PM
April 2 9:20
Just got back from my local Tampa Florida Wal-mart and buying my Episode II action figures. They must have had 20 or so boxes of figures sitting on 2 pallets in the aisle. There were 3 other people going through/opening boxes with me. While we were doing this 2 employees were bringing out more boxes, adding to the stack. We were hesitant when we saw them, but they just ignored us. One every box, blazing, was the shelf date. I guess none of them can read. We did not engage them in conversation. I was just very excited for finding the figures early. I think the fine thing is just a rumor.

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 09:34 PM
Nice score! Also nice to see employees not giving a damn about their jobs either.:frus: Hey, its the American way I guess. Chances are if your working at Wal-Mart you don't put too much effort into your job.

What collections did they have?

JediDan
04-03-2002, 10:47 PM
droidekas2.. That is awesome, I am SO envious. Now you won't have to deal with the hussle and bussle of 4/23. Did you remember any of the case breakdowns? Was each figure like 2 or 3 per case? Man your blood must have been pumping. Thinking that after 10 minutes or so of going through the boxes that they might see the April 23 release stamp and tell you to give them all back? What a rush that must have been. :D :D Way to go....

hairless chewie
04-03-2002, 11:37 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ah.....the thrill of the hunt once again!!!!

dr_evazan22
04-03-2002, 11:52 PM
Call me sick, say I need help, but I've been going to my local W-M every day. A few days ago I found AOTC on the pallets and bought 2 cases.

For case breakdowns, rebelscum had a list for the entire year today, or check out "just found- newark DE" for what I found.

The real reason that I go evryday though is to find the TIE bomber and snowspeeder. AOTC is secondary for me.

i happened to be near an Ames store today and decided to stop in. I saw sitting on a pallet 3-4 cases of Deluxe figs. Boy was I happy! I opened the case and it was Slave Leia:cry: .

JediDan
04-04-2002, 05:18 PM
LOL thats happened to me too at times. I'll see an unopend case of star wars figures on a pallet thinking it's the newest most hardest figs to find then I open it and it's a whole case of pegwarmers that have been around for months and months. Oh well, it was exciting for about a minute or so.;)

therock0603
04-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Well... I just came back from my Wal-Mart spree. The one that I first found Collection 2 AOTC figures had taken them off the shelves :( Then I went to another Wal-Mart which didn't have any. Then went to the 2nd Wal-Mart I found Collection 2 AOTC figures and they still had a ton. So I bought the remaining 3 Collection 2 figures I needed, but no Collection 1 figures :( The funny thing was is that when the lady rang my figures up, they all said "Sale not allowed" and the register beeped really loud. So evidentally, they were supposed to take them off the shelves, but didn't. So the woman tried some numbers to key in until she finally got it to register, and so I got the figures. I then went to the Wal-Mart by my house, but still no AOTC figures. Oh well. I can at least say I got all that I have found so far! Also one Wal-Mart I went to had the Snowspeeder, and the one that had a ton of AOTC figures had both the Snowspeeder and the TIE Bomber. I don't buy vehicles though, but just thought I'd tell ya'll that I found them. Well happy hunting. I have one Wal-Mart to go to when I go to my mom's house this weekend, so maybe I'll get lucky there. Later!

LTBasker
04-04-2002, 06:15 PM
Her shift was probably just about up and she didn't want to have to put up with any big hassles. :D

InsaneJediGirl
04-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Cool finds..and a very lucky one!

I have been searching my WMs as well,nothing save for Ketwols...Maybe I should start a "Attack of the Ketwols"
diorama:rolleyes:

I never find unopened cases at my local WM,the one you went to, droidekas2 might not have a big storeroom,or the employee
wasnt paying attention to the "April 23rd" release date :D

LTBasker
04-04-2002, 08:23 PM
Well who knows what they cloned later on. :D

jobare1
04-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Rock, I ran into the same thing at a local (N. VA) WalMart last night. I found an endcap with 5 shelves full of both Coll. 1 & 2 figs. After I rubbed my eyes and then pinched myself I got 1 of each (14 total) and they rang up with no problem. Today I went back to get an extra of two figs and I noticed that they put out at least 3 more cases. I grabbed my two extras and headed for the checkout where they rang up as "Sale Not Allowed". The cashier said that I couldn't buy them and I told her that I had bought some last night and if the sale was not allowed then why did they put more out on the shelf. She gave in and I ended up getting them, but I'd like to see if they're gonna pull the figs off the shelf or just leave them there.

pthfnder89
04-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Ugh! I can't believe that none of the WMs in my area seem to have put out any. I have 3 of them within 4 miles of each other and I've been to all of them. Nothing. :(

I just want my darn Nikto Jedi, why oh why can't I have him! :p

therock0603
04-05-2002, 04:03 PM
Hey Jobare. Luckily the woman that I bought mine from just thought the cash register was being stupid when it said "Sale Not Allowed." So I lucked out there. You're luckier than me though, cause all I could find was Collection 2. So I have one of each of the Collection 2 figures hanging on the wall in my room. Maybe I should go back tonight and see if they put anymore out. I wonder if I should go there...it's about 12 miles away. What ya think?

JEDIpartner
04-05-2002, 04:09 PM
Still nothing here in Cleveland... but from the looks of it... it's just as well that we didn't get our hopes WAY up and find out that these would be ripped out of our ickle bitty hands by those inbreds at the checkout. :cry:

therock0603
04-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Oh yeah, here's something.... Yesterday when the woman rang the figures up and it said "Sale Not Allowed," the number she keyed in to get it to register was 544544544. So if you happen to find some figures and they ring them up and it says that....if the person ringin them up is stupid or just doesn't think anything is wrong, tell him/her what the code is so they can key it in. Just say something like the same thing happened the last time, and that's what they put it, and tell him/her to try it. Hopefully it should work for everyone who is struck by the "Sale Not Allowed" problem.

jobare1
04-05-2002, 09:31 PM
Well, went back to my WalMart this morning and the shelves are now empty. I guess someone finally got the word.

therock0603
04-05-2002, 09:40 PM
Same here Jobare. I went back to the only other Wal-Mart I found the figures at (the one with the 5 or 6 shelves of them) and they were completely wiped out. Oh well. I have 2 more Wal-Marts to try though. Lol, there's an infinite number of Wal-Marts around here. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else. Well right now, I'm just watchin Tom Green pretend to have sex with a motorized dancing Santa. I'm gonna go watch some more, this is great.

Cotasnoova
04-05-2002, 11:01 PM
The Wal-Marts where I live are like the Fort Knox of AOTC figures. Every night they put the new cases of figures on the floor and every night they are working on toys always gaurding the new figures. Funny thing is, the morons will not even allow me to purchase the preview figures because they think that the boxes are wrong and due not have the April 23 date on them. Therefore no one is getting any figs where I live. I laugh...a lot.

steve3p0
04-06-2002, 02:05 PM
i've seen no aotc whatsoever at 4 local walmarts.

i found the preview 4 this week which was my first find since the fx7 wave in december.

sith_killer_99
04-06-2002, 02:25 PM
Well, I just finished my collection up to and including the Preview 4!!!

Thanks to Wal-Mart!

Strangly, I found the Previews BEFORE the BoShek wave. Yep, I found the Preview 4 a couple of weeks ago, but just found the Bo wave lastnight.

I can wait 'til the 23rd for the EPII stuff. I jjust wish that Wal-Mart would put out the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder.

Rumor has it that Hasbro has asked Wal-Mart to hold off on the new ships 'til the 23rd release.