PDA

View Full Version : What else do you collect?

icatch9
04-03-2002, 07:39 PM
I know we all collect Star Wars stuff here, but what else do you collect. I have learned that this habit of collecting is just like any other. It breads to other habits.

I have been at Star Wars since the start (all the way back in í78). First because they were cool toys to play with, but later because I caught the bug. I do love the movies and the toys so it makes since. I have grown out of playing with them, but I will never grow up.

I also collect Starting Line Ups. My dad and I started this when they first came out in 1988. I love baseball. I played all my childhood and through college and these baseball action figures were the perfect toy for a young sports fan. Sure they didnít do much, but I love displaying them all over my room. I still got them up on the walls. I collect all sports, but just mainly the players I like or All-Star (future HOF guys). I was sad to see the line go away, like an old fiend who disappeared out of my life. I like the McFarlanes, but they arenít Starting Lineups. They may be superior in detail, but they just arenít the same.

This collecting habit is hereditary. My dad has it too. He started with Hot Wheels and other die cast cars when he was a kid. He still buys hot wheels today. He got seriously into it again about 7 years ago. Of course my brother and I had a ton of cars when we were kids, but again they were toys not collectables. When Iím out hunting for Star Wars I check out the hot wheels too, but I donít think I have any that I would call mine (other than the oneís from when I was a kid).

Dryanta
04-03-2002, 07:47 PM
a few comics titles every month.
Some DC direct figures.And Japanese Bandai Godzilla Figs.You want exspensive?Buy a few of those!!

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Besides Star Wars, I collect the new LOTR stuff, old Marvel classic comics, Anime, and various McFarlane related action figures. I usually get any cool action figure that catches my eye. I'm an action figure nut.

187-Maul
04-04-2002, 06:40 AM
mcfarlane toys and spawn comics

CrunchyNug
04-04-2002, 03:36 PM
Well, second to my huge Star Wars collection is another huge collection of Playmobil. I've been collecting them both since the late 70's.

More recently I've begun collecting the Simpsons figures and playsets.

I'm also on the LOTR bandwagon. Now these are some cool dudes!!!

icatch9
04-04-2002, 04:21 PM
Playmobile? No kidding. I think those are real good toys, but I never thought of them as a collectable. Well I think that's great. You've got good taste. The Simpsons and LOTR are both awsome toy lines.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Now that my finances are quite reduced, it almost seems like I don't even collect SW anymore! But now it's just Star Wars and the occasional Pittsburgh sports item (Pirates, Steelers, Penguins, Panthers). But, in my hayday, I was a collecting nut! Some of which were:
sports cards
erasers
posters
hats
LEGO
GI Joe
Transformers
Hot Wheels/Matchbox
comic books
stickers
stuffed animals
Garfield items
Disney storybooks

And maybe more! :sur:

browndroid
04-04-2002, 06:23 PM
lotr...sci fi books, if you call that collecting, huge paintballer....im not sure if you would call that collecting though

JetsAndHeels
04-06-2002, 03:11 PM
Although Star Wars gets 90% of my income, I still collect other things. I collect Superman stuff as well. Supes has been my favorite superhero for as long as I can remember. I also collect the sports figures, like icatch9 was referring to. I only have a few of the Starting Lineups, but I am getting into the new McFarlane sports figures. I have 3 of the NFL players and 1 of the baseball figures.
But like most of the people on here, I am also a sucker for action figures. I just cant get enough. I enjoy the Simpsons, Marvel, GiJoes, and the new Spider Man figures. I have them everywhere in my house. I just love it.

SithDroid
04-06-2002, 03:46 PM
I collect a large amount of comics books. However, lately, I have not concentrated on them as much because it is always easy to find comics. Some titles in clude:

Sandman
All X-Title books
Transformers
G.I.Joe
Star Wars
Battle Chasers

As far as action figures:

Star Wars
The Simpsons
Transformers Generation 1
G.I.Joe pre 1990
A few Movie Maniacs
New Spiderman 30 point articulation figures

Although I will collect the new upcoming Marvel Legends series.

Wolfwood319
04-06-2002, 03:58 PM
I've just about given up on comics in general. At least new comics anyway. For the most part, I think they suck. Just look at the last year's "big" titles or series;

DK2- very bland and mild IMO
Origin- I thought this was supposed to be Wolvie' origin?
Green Arrow- could this have been drawn out any longer?

Joe Quesada screwed Marvel IMO. He cozied up to the Kevin Smith-type fanboys and did what they wanted. Can anyone explain to me what the hell is going on in any X-book? Not to mention the fact that I haven't seen a Marvel book NOT be delayed in over a year. Nothing from the House of Ideas comes out on time anymore.

I do like the resurgence of 80's titles though. G.I. Joe is pretty cool, I'm looking forward to Transformers, as well as the new He-Man show, which isn't really a comic, but is 80's.

SithDroid
04-06-2002, 09:03 PM
I have no clue what is going on in the X-Men. I haven't kept up. It's been over a year since I bought an issue of X-Men.

Hopefully with the new He-Man show and figures we will see a new comic book.

A Tundercats comic would be really cool also.

Jayspawn
04-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Aside from Star Wars figures, I also collect...

Simpsons
McFarlane
some Lord of the Rings
Classic Spiderman & Marvel
some LEGO
Reservoir Dogs
DVDs
some Batman

AT-AT Man
04-07-2002, 08:38 PM
I collect Jurassic Park along with SW.

Jargo
04-08-2002, 06:13 PM
being british and not yer average joe, I collect teddy bears when I'm not in plastic star wars figgie heaven. Been collecting for about six years now and although the collection only numbers around sisty bears and assorted zoo animals, I try to buy only that which is appealing rather than be a sucker and buy just for the collectibility. I do have the Harrods store exclusive Y2K bear though which is pretty cool to have as a commemoration of the millenium. mostly I try to find the smallest bears possible to produce. The smallest in my collection is just an inch tall and fully articulated and hand stitched. Sweet, in a non girly way you understand..... bears are really cool, shouldn't be sniffed at. And yes, if they don't come with a name I name them all myself and also remember the names of each one. They've become like family members really. Odd though, very odd. A bitter cynic like me with a soft center....... *I'm blushing now for admitting this here*:stupid:

BoShek
04-08-2002, 06:54 PM
I bounce back and forth what "I'm in to" depending what is out at the time. But it I try to get most/all of:

Star Wars
G.I. Joe
Transformers
Simpsons (getting fed up with the line)
Some DC Direct
WWF wrestlers
He Man (when he returns)

Almost got started with LOTR but I stopped after two figures.

Needless to say, I am poor.

Dar' Argol
04-10-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Odd though, very odd. A bitter cynic like me with a soft center....... *I'm blushing now for admitting this here*:stupid:

Awwww, Its nice to see that even E-Jargo has a heart:happy:. Nothing wrong with bears Jargo, I still have a few Cabbage Patch Kids in my collection:eek:.

Other then the above and SW, I collect whatever looks cool to me. A lot of Detail really makes a fig for me. Like Spawn's Midevil Spawn 2. I love that fig. With the skulls on pikes and Spawn standing over a body with that big friggin sword!!!! I still have all my old G.I. Joe's and He-Men and Transformers all over the place with many new figs. I collect just about anything.

And what icatch9 said about heiredity collections is true. My great grandfather collected electronic equipment, my grandfather collects Hot Wheels and Baseball Cards, my father collected Santa Magnets and tools, I collect action figs. . . . . . . . god help my daughter!!:eek:

Wolfwood319
04-10-2002, 11:21 PM
"I collect spores, molds, and fungus." :crazed:

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Speaking of cool looking figures with big swords, has anyone seen the upcoming Viking Spawn line. Now they look frickin' amazing. I'm not a spawn fan, but I think I'll probably get all of these, because they're so awesome. And the Viking mythos is so little used these days, its a shame. The best Viking movie we have is the "13th warrior."

I like that heredity idea on collecting, very intriguing. I wonder if any studies have been done on it.

Anyone seen those new He-Man figures? They look cool too. A big year for 80's nostalgia it seems, since new GI Joe, He Man, Transformers, etc. Now, where's our new TMNT and Thundercats?

187-Maul
04-11-2002, 08:25 AM
I used to collect TMNT a looooong time and played with them when I was small but they got pretty stupid in the later lines (like ninja turtles where they even had an own tv-show)
also collected (still have somewhere) alien and batman figs - oh and JP...and action man

BanthaPoodoo
04-11-2002, 01:11 PM
I have been collecting SW since 1978 (I'm only 25 so that shows ya how big a fan I am, plus they were like 98 cents from what I am told at the local toy store........have around 25 of the original figures!!!!) My mom sold my Rancor, Jabba, & Max Rebo band for $1 each when I was little at a yard sale. I have never let her live that down and my goal is to one day buy those figures back.

Proud to say I have all figures from original Orange Carded release of POTF2 (not variants such as SS/LT), all the new sculpts & not reissues of Orange Cards from Green Card series (some w/ & w/out Hologram), all from EI flasback photos, all from EU series, all from SOTE series, new figures that weren't previously produced from the COMMTech series (missing a few)and am currently on the lookout to finish the POTJ series (missing around 24 figs) Whew!!!

Then in 1982 got hooked on GI Joe and have almost all the figures & vehicles from 1982-1988 (until they went stupid and came out with real goofy crap....... 1989-90 Tiger Force, Night Force, Python Patrol, Sonic Fighters, Eco-Warriors, etc...) Never had a chance to get USS Flagg or the Cobra Command Center, but did get the GI Joe headquarter MIB from a yard sale for $2.00!!!!!!!!

I did collect Transformers but sold them all off to finance more SW purchases.

Been collecting cards since 1987. Topps was my first purchase & every now and then I buy a box to see what kind of memorabilia is in there....

Starting Lineup from day 1 (used to just collect Nolan Ryan, but now my collection spans all sports and players and probably numbers over 200)

Have 2 X-Files figures (Scully and Mulder cause I like the show)

Just recently got into McFarlane Sports Picks... They totally blow away Starting Lineup as far as sculpts but as far as price point SL has the lead.

Every now and then I will get a metal body model kit to put together on a rainy day.....

Every Christmas I take my bonus and get the Hallmark Sports Ornaments to put on my Christmas tree.

Legends Sports Memorabilia Magazine (http://www.legendspublishing.com) (purely for speculative & resell purposes later on to finance SW purchases. You by one for $10 and the next week they are worth around $40 or more depending on cover player and rarity)

I used to be a big Comic Book buyer (started during death of Superman, but got burnt out cause I collected each series of Superman (I think like 4 series per month) This got to be too expensive and added to the other things I collected (SW, SL) something had to go, and comics took a back seat. Now they just sit in a box collecting dust.

Now all I collect is Star Wars, the occasional McFarlane Sports Picks, and metal body model kits.

Don't think I'll ever sell my GI Joe collection as it brings back great memories of being a kid. And I cant say I will ever sell my SW collection either.

Every now and then I will buy Beanie Babies to give to my Mom or sister just to say thanks for being here and I :kiss: you.....

Went a little nuts with the SW movies. Have the trilogy in the original Black box with foldout sides. Then have the Special Edition Trilogy boxed set. Also bought the THX Widescreen Edition. Then bought collectors edition SWEI in box. Then bought DVD.

I didnt really amass much stuff until I got my own job and own place. Thats when things really started heating up. My parents were good to me though and for that I am always thankful.

Guess thats about it (entirely too much, and one day will get rid of some stuff like comics, models, etc)

jedi_uk73
04-11-2002, 01:54 PM
Well as everyone here knows, Star Wars is in everyones life. But now and again we go astray.

I used to have a good collection of 1980's He-man figures, Transformers ( weren't they great ), but unfortunately sold all them to finance the SW collection. Bit of a shame those He-man & Transformers are worth a fair bit now. I still have a set of TMNT figures from the early 90's and have just recently got hold of a cheap set of Tomb Raider figures. ( may be worth selling in 20 years time ). A few LOTR figures have also sneaked in, but my life belongs to Star Wars.

I have every figure since 1978 ( except Droids & Ewoks ) all POTF2 ( inc flashbacks & comchip), Episode 1 & Power Of The Jedi. I have a lot of vehicles too, and like many collectors, have just run out of space. Episode 2 is nearly upon us, so there goes more of that hard eared cash. Oh well, I don't drink or smoke so money has to go somewhere.:D

BanthaPoodoo
04-11-2002, 02:10 PM
Thats what I told my parents when they asked why I bought this stuff...

I said, would you rather me spend my money on crack, pot, or other drugs? or would you rather me just buy a figure every now and then and be safe.

They didnt really have much to say!!!

SuperBattleDroid88
04-12-2002, 06:04 PM
I collect DragonBall Z figures. Starwars is on top of my Hobbies list though!

figrin bran
05-06-2002, 01:52 AM
besides star wars,

simpsons, though i too am becoming less interested with the line
a few vintage transformers that i managed to keep my parents from giving away
mcfarlane sports picks of players i like - desperately searching for a kobe
sports cards, mostly football and basketball
anything related to my favorite band, radiohead

RooJay
05-06-2002, 07:30 PM
I also collect Simpsons figures (and other Simpson's memorabilia occasionally too!), McFarlane's Movie Maniacs, D.C. Superheroes toys (even though D.C. Direct's figures are way too overpriced for me, and Hasbro's are severely lacking! I buy both occasionally when I think they look cool enough to be worth it.), Toy Biz's Lord of the Rings figures, DVD's, recent movie posters (which were much easier to collect when I was in the theater business!), comics, SOME Toy Biz Marvel comics figures (never was a big Marvel fan, but a lot of the recent Spidey classics figures were too cool to pass up, and you can bet I'll be buying the new Marvel Legends figures!), ANY 12" figures from Sideshow Toys (these thing's are AMAZING, affordable, and a collector's dream!), any BBI figures I can find room in my budget for (which, as some of you know, is sadly not possible at the moment.:cry: ), and pretty much any movie based figures, as long as the movie interests me enough, the figures are good enough, and only when the figures look as they did IN the movie (the current Scorpion King figures being a good example of a line that DOESN'T cut it, in my book.).

QLD
05-08-2002, 10:58 AM
Hmmm....well, besides Star Wars, let me see.

Babylong 5 figures. - Rivals Star Wars as the best Sci-Fi ever in my lifetime so far. The figures re kinda crappy, but I just love the show so much.

Atlanta Sports figures - Starting Lineups, McFarlane, I collect any figures of Atlanta Falcons, Braves, or Hawks. There are too many figures to do all players, so a long time ago I narrowed it down to those, and I have every one of them. Opened of course!

Charles Barkley Items - Starting Lineups, figures, books, posters, autographs, jerseys, whatever. I collect any neat stuff of my favorite athlete of all time.

Video Games - No particular method of collecting them, except that I try to collect good games and systems. Currently I have an X-Box, Gamecube, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, SNES, NES, Genesis, Sega CD, Turbographix, Atari 2600. I used to have a 3-DO, Saturn, Atari 5200, Jaguar, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Intellivision, Neo Geo Pocket, Sega Master System, however, due to various circumstances, I no longer do. I will again though :)
As far as games, I have wayyyy to many to count. Though most still have boxes and instructions, including the atari games.

Autographed Sports Cards - This came from my former sports card collecting hobby, which I gave up a while back. Now, I just buy cards, so that I can get them autographed.

Currently I have over 300 autographed cards. Most of them were obtained at games, at training camps, at card shows, and also through the mail.

Some of my notable ones are:

Bart Starr
Joe Montana
Terry Bradshaw
Mike Singletary
Bob Griese
Otto Graham
Dan Fouts
Brian Griese
Jeff garcia
Mark Brunell
Marshall Faulk
Peyton Manning
Steve Largent
Warren Moon
Bob Costas (they made a set of announcer cards in 1989)
Kurt Warner
Mike Mussina
Phil Rizzuto
Whitey Ford
Yogi Berra
Eddie Mathews
Hank Aaron
Vladimir Guerrero
Charles Barkley
Bob Cousy
Allen Iverson

I love just looking through them, it's very very nice.

Otherwise, just your odd figures here and there.

Street Fighter, Austin Powers, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Movie Maniacs, it's all good.

leenovak
05-08-2002, 11:24 AM
I collect the new LoTR stuff as well. I used to be big into He-Man, Transformers, Voltron...

Someone mentioned a new He-Man show.....when is this on? I need details....please. :)

Bosskman
05-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Here's what I collect, ALL TOYS:

3 inch Star Wars
12 inch Star Wars
Vintage 3 inch Star Wars
Simpsons WOS
LOTR
Gen I Transformers
Vintage HeMan
Lego Castle sets

I also pick up other stuff I like such as that sweet Spidey fig with 32 points of articulation and the electronic AP Fat Bastard. I got a couple Planet of the Apes figs when they were on clearence too. I also have all my playmobil from when I was a kid and if I ever see any of that I like, mostly the animal stuff like the old safari and zoo sets, I'll get it. My biggest collection BY FAR is SW, followed by Lego Castle and then probably HeMan and Transformers. I have all of the LOTR figs so far except for the two new 2pacs and the ever-elusive Strider, and I have most of the new Simpsons figs too. I'd like to collect the SW lego sets, and maybe even the new HeMan stuff but I'm poor enough as it is. It is a pretty addictive hobby I have and most people I know don't understand it at all. That's what I like most about these forums, it's like AA for me I guess. I know it's alright to collect, but there have been times when paychecks have gone into SW stuff. I try to pace myself because, once I finally settle down and get a real job, there will be pleanty of time, God willing, to complete my collections.

Darth Havoc
05-08-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Hopefully with the new He-Man show and figures we will see a new comic book.

A Tundercats comic would be really cool also.

Hi there! I moderate at he-man.org. Theres lots of rumours about a new comic. It's definately coming at some time or another, but Mattel is as usual keeping it shrouded in mystery while all the legalities are sorted out :)

The new cartoon airs with a one hour pilot special on cartoon Network in July.

Thundercats looks like it won't be making a comeback because the rights belong to too many different companies, and it'd be a nightmare to try sort out all the red tape:(

On topic, I collect way too much stuff, so it'd probably be quicker for me to just say I don't collect McFarlane, or Transformers, but anything else is probably around my place somewhere..:)

Jonna
05-29-2002, 12:49 PM
I use to collect alot of darker independent comics like Faust and the original TMNT and original Crow series. I also have many older comics like X-men and Batman from when I was younger. It just became to expensive so I stopped about 12 years ago. Wow, that really makes me sound old. I am a young 27. My taste in books changed to physics, religion and psychology.

As far as toys go, I really only buy non-SW stuff when I see something that is really well done. Like a few of the Clive Barker figures or the Stan Winston Realm of the Claw figures. And of course, I had to by the Pumpkinhead and Evil Dead figures being a hugh horror fanatic.

browndroid
05-29-2002, 12:52 PM
i dont really collect anything else, but the other main thing i spend my money on is paintball

Exhaust Port
06-08-2002, 02:34 PM
I've been collecting the Simpsons WOS since that line got started. I haven't started to lose interest yet but I'm sure I'll reach my limit in about a years time. After that's done I'll have to move on to something else. With the rumors of G1 Transformers being released in the US I'm pretty excited about that.

humsup
06-11-2002, 01:22 AM
I'm collecting those 1/6 Military action figs as well as SW Lego :D

Tonysmo
06-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Browdroid,
Im a paintballer as well... know the feeling... ( Think they would freak if I had Stormtrooper armor to wear out on the field.. )

I have a pretty vast collection of different things, alot of the 12" starwars figures, a few starwars lego sets. Im pretty proud of the don post starwars helmets Ive amassed.. ( I can pretty much dress up my entire cube farm group of employees for Halloween.
I also have a pretty decent sports card collection, Im trying to ween myself away from. Alot of Autographs from most of the sports. Think I traded in Basketball for NASCAR. I have a decent collection of the 1/24th scale cars with driver autographs on the hood. A few autographed footballs, baseballs, hockey pucks.. a few Football Helmets. I really need to rid myself of most of the sports stuff to make room for the Starwars stuff.. ( anyone interested? EBAY username SMORAC.. ) sorry, had to throw that out there. I have an almost complete set of the 96 SLU football... once again, too much stuff, too little room.. Ive enjoyed just about ever aspect of my collection, and I enjoy meeting the people and talking about the stuff as well. I hope that it leads my son in the right direction to take car of his stuff as he gets older.

http://tonysmo.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/xwingME.jpg

Tonysmo
06-12-2002, 02:58 PM
darn - the link doesnt work.. sorry.. I'll work on that!

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 03:07 PM
Well Star Wars 3 3/4" figures are the main thing I collect.

I used to collect stuff like Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles, Batman, other superheros, Star Trek and when I was young I collected just about anything that interested me and I could get. ;)

Mainly now I collect:
Star Wars (Just about everything I can get my hands on that interests me....which is alot)
Star Trek (Micro-Machines mostly)
NASCAR Die-Casts
New Spider-Man figures - just the 30 articulation point figures cause those are the only ones that really interest me.
And that's about it now really...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Pokemon cards- Promos only
X-Men Cards
X-Men Comics
Ninja Turtle figures

DarthBrandon
06-12-2002, 08:00 PM
Mainly I collect Star Wars figures, but I do however pick some other stuff, such as Matrix Figures, McFarlane NHL, and some Superheros. Presently I looking to offload my Matrix and NHL figures if I can so I can concentrate more on S.W.

lunchymeatball
06-13-2002, 04:26 AM
Aside from my Figs I used to collect Wolverine and various 1 off x comics but in the end they bored me and had to go recently but I kept age of apocalypse and only need 3 comics to complete arc.
I have been trying to complete horizon vinyl model collection for quite some time now although interest has waned since demise of large comic collection.
I build em my wife paints em, she hates doing it but is sh*t hot, much better than i could dream.
the only truly finished one is Cable who is on a plinth i made, i have carnages plinth in my cupboard but need to router a hole because i thought of making a manhole type of thing in centre.
i have;
wolverine
cyclops
green goblin
cable (completely finished)
carnage
Need;
Venom
spiderman (maybe, not sure if i really want to do him)
dark phoenix
i also collect graphic novels;
spawn
sandman
lucifer (excellent. highly recomended)

WesleySr
06-14-2002, 03:35 AM
Besides Star Wars action figures, I collect miscellaneous Star Wars stuff and CCG cards. I also collect NASCAR die-cast, mainly Dale Earnhardt & Dale Earnhardt Jr. I used to collect comic books, X-Men and such, but I quit. Anyone interested in them?

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2002, 04:07 AM
One of my good friends here used to own a comic book/card shop. I was an avid collector of baseball and football cards. Even got into the hockey cards at one point. Once his shop closed down I quit buying as much.
But now what I dont spend on toys is used on the movie cards, ccg cards, and DVD's.

WesleySr
06-14-2002, 11:38 AM
Speaking of movie cards, do they make pages for widescreen movie cards?

Jonna
06-14-2002, 12:20 PM
Do you mean those see through plastic pages? Ya, they used to. Just go to your local comic store and ask.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-15-2002, 11:24 PM
Right now I am totally devoted to collecting Star Wars merchandise, but before my money was blown on the following stuff:

Baseball cards
GI JOE from the 80's
Marvel Comic Books, about every title (91' to 94')
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys
Terminator 2 figures, (pretty cool accessories)
Kenner Batman
Beanie Babies (gasp!?!)
Comic Books again (back in 97' to 98)

I started my Star Wars habit back in late 1994 with Micro Machines. I stopped only once, in late 97' and started back again when Episode I stuff was released.

bigbarada
06-17-2002, 01:08 AM
Now that collecting Star Wars has become about as much fun an getting my teeth drilled, I've begun to branch out into other interests until Hasbro gets their act together.

Mainly GI Joe: ARAH figures right now, anything pre-1987 is what I am interested in, cuz they started to get pretty stupid after that.

I'm also getting more and more interested in NASCAR and picking up the die-cast cars. I like Dale Earnhardt Jr. but it's hard to find a toy of his car at Wal-Mart and K-Mart because of all the Budweiser logos I guess.

I used to be a HUGE comic book fanatic; but then Image came along and crashed the party. Now I'm surprised if a publisher puts out a decent book anymore (Marvels, Kingdom Come, Madman, Bone and Hellboy being some of the happy exceptions).

WesleySr
06-17-2002, 02:42 AM
Hey bigbarada, if you are interested in Dale Jr. die-cast, I have most of his older cars in 1/64 scale Action that I am looking to get rid of. I mainly collect the Elites of all the cars now. Let me know.

Aeros Kahn
06-17-2002, 11:51 AM
well to start:

i never really collected star wars toys till now and i have almost completed my saga line. i dont think ill go back for other figs cept maybe shadows of the empire or some random ones.

my major interest used to be in mcfarlane toys
i have sooo sooo many figures from that company
like all the movie maniacs (include the 18 inchers woohoo!)
and all the tortured souls (still my favorite figures to date)
and some various spawn figures

also in my current display are a few street fighter figs
i think those things look amazing especially the lil ones with big heads they are soo soo cute.

then ive got hundreds of gi joe figures and vehicles
i sold alot of the vehicles cuz they took up waaay to much room
the other gi joes are in boxes in the basement along with:
the entire he-man and she-ra collection (some still moc)
all the thundercats (opened)
various super heros and stupid lines (robocop, jurassic park, swamp-thing, centaurions, etc )
every power ranger toy from the first 3 seasons
and legos
lots and lots and lots of legos

i also have hundreds of cds (347 to be exact)
232 vhs tapes
only 22 dvds :(:(
and too many books to count
mostly stephen king, star wars, and occult books
but now more mainstream novels and such

then there are magic cards and others like:
star wars
overpower
jyhad
d&d
vampire
and lots more

well thats it i think
too much actually :)
id luv to display it all by my room has just enough space
for my bed, my dresser, my pc, my video game stuff, and one display case

jjreason
06-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Comic books. I spend WAY over 1000.00 per year on comics (still) though this year has been very hard with the amount of new SW toys coming. We also had a new baby, so Im planning on trimming many of the titles Im receiving. I have collections of Marvel figures, Spawn figures, SW Lego, and of course the 3.75 SW figures and matching vehicles. I have pretty close to a full run of figures, and everything that has come with figures since 95. Saga stuff is hard to come by up here, so Ive been depending on my parents and friends in the US to help me out finding things.
Ive noticed that many people posting here have given up on comics, I don't blame you. I would recommend, however, going to Marvel.com and downloading the dot.comics player. That way you can keep up with Ultimate Spider Man and Xmen, Hulk, Elektra and a few other choice books each month FOR FREE. Yes, FREE. Check it out. Ultimate SPider Man is really great reading.

Big Chewie
07-02-2002, 02:24 AM
I collect NASCAR diecast, 1/24th & 1/64th scale cars and transporters. Mainly Dale Earnhardt & Dale Jr(have all but 1 of juniors Action 1/24th scale cars) and all drivers except 1 and NASCAR fans know who I mean!
I collect hats from races w/ race sponsors & date on them, and Checkered flags from each track I go to. I also record every race on VHS.
Also collect any sports collectibles of the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Burn, Dallas Desperados, and Texas A&M.
Can you tell where I'm From?
I guess you can say I collect salt water fish for my aquarium, allthough I dont really add too many new ones anymore.
And finally glass bottles, beer bottles coke cans sports related and non- sports related, such as Bud's millenium can Heineken's Mardi Gras cans.
I'm just a collecting fool
or maybe just a pack rat.

Oh and as for Star Wars I have all of the Saga figs & ships, beasts released so far,alot of Ep1, just starting POTJ, a few POTF2, and a few vintage that I've had since I was a kid
My collections have gotten so big I've had to rent a storage room for some of my furniture. But no way is any of this going in one of those!

WesleySr
07-02-2002, 06:22 AM
Big Chewie, which Action 1/24 Junior car are you missing? I too collect, but am selling my collection and upgrading to Elites. I have all of Dale Jr.s older 1/24 cars. Let me know. I have a bunch of Dale Jr./Sr. 1/24 scale cars that I am getting rid of.

Wookiee
07-11-2002, 08:42 AM
Yo-Yo's! I have over 200 in my collection and have been throwing and collecting them for 4 or 5 years now. It's a lot of fun, and there is a great on-line community too, sharing collecting and playing tricks and tips. they are fun to mod, and there's always a new trick to learn. here's one link to a great on-line store and web-board if anyone here is curious:

http://www.infiniteillusions.com/

Jango Mango
07-11-2002, 11:14 AM
My main hobby before I got into action figures was firearms, I
go to the range at least once a month, I use to go shooting
every weekend, but now I spend the money on collecting action
figures ! ammunition for firearms can get very expensive ! I use to
shoot a whole case of .223 ammo within two weeks, thats about
$150 a case ! I got into action figure collecting because it's fun
and doesnt cost much compared to firearms and there are no
laws against toy collecting, Im in California and gun laws are
getting very strict, so I found another hobby. :Pirate:

Big Chewie
07-16-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by WesleySr
Big Chewie, which Action 1/24 Junior car are you missing? I too collect, but am selling my collection and upgrading to Elites. I have all of Dale Jr.s older 1/24 cars. Let me know. I have a bunch of Dale Jr./Sr. 1/24 scale cars that I am getting rid of.

Hello WesleySr
sorry I just now saw your post.
I am still looking for Jr.'s blue #31 Sikkens car from 1998, but I dont have the money for it now.

I have thought about going for the Elites but ( see reason for not getting Jr's car) so I will stay with reg Action 1/24 for now.

They sure are nice though.

Just out of couriosity what Sr. cars are you selling?

Big Chewie

Jonna
07-16-2002, 12:53 PM
I have a 7 year old Cool Blue jellybean from Berlin.

Vortex
07-16-2002, 03:04 PM
Besides the comics I read, I'd say power tools.

If you asked my friends they'd say girly mags...

WesleySr
07-16-2002, 03:33 PM
Big Chewie > here is my list:

DALE EARNHARDT, JR.
1994 #3 Prime Sirloin
1996 #31 Mom N Pops
1997 #31 Wrangler
1997 #31 Sikkens (Blue)
1997 #31 Sikkens (White)
1997 #31 Gargoyles
1997 #7 Church Brothers
1998 #3 ACDelco
1998 #1 Coca-Cola Bear
1999 #3 ACDelco
1999 #3 ACDelco Last Lap
1999 #8 Budweiser
1999 #8 Budweiser (New Hampshire)
1999 #8 Budweiser (Michigan)
1999 #8 Budweiser (Richmond)
1999 #8 Budweiser (Atlanta)
2000 #8 Budweiser Olympic
2001 #8 Budweiser MLB All-Star

KEVIN HARVICK
2001 #29 GM Goodwrench
2001 #29 GM Goodwrench AOL
2001 #29 GM Goodwrench Oreo (Show Car)

KERRY EARNHARDT
1999 #40 Channellock

JEFF GORDON
1999 #24 Star Wars

DALE EARNHARDT
1956 K-2 Ford (Pink Roof)
1956 K-2 Ford (Apricot Roof)
1964 #8 Chevelle (1st Asphault Win in 1974)
1975 #8 10,000 RPM Dodge
1976 #30 Army Chevy Malibu
1976 #77 Hy-gain Chevy Malibu
1980 #2 Mike Curb Olds 442
1996 #3 GM Goodwrench Olympics (C7 box)
1997 #3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus
1997 #3 AC Delco (Japan)
1998 #3 GM Goodwrench (Daytona Winner)
1998 #3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus
1998 #3 Coca-Cola
1999 #3 GM Goodwrench 25th Anniversary (Daytona)
1999 #3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus
1999 #3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus Sign
1999 #3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus Sign Last Lap
2000 #3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus
2000 #3 GM Goodwrench Service Plus (75th Win Platinum)

Big Chewie
07-18-2002, 12:58 AM
Are you selling all these?
If so how much for:

Jr's blue #31 Sikkens
Jr's 2001 MLB All Star

SR's #3 AC Delco (japan)

you can PM me with them if you want.

Big Chewie

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 07:57 PM
The Matrix figures are cool. The Neo vs. Agent Smith is alright to look at, but the best one is the Neo from the first wave, the Morpheous figure looks like a pimp.

dingodad
07-20-2002, 11:17 PM
i collect paintball guns, blowguns, whips, fishing rods, .22 caliber firearms, harmonicas, jaw harps, wos simpsons, indiana jones(i have the complete Kenner collection), gi joe, knives, bows, crossbows, dvds, and hand weapons.

thespar
07-24-2002, 04:48 PM
i collcect star trek toys, have a few babylone 5 toys, some he-man, some gi joe, some transfomer, some marvel super heores. few comics books and some trading cards.

JetsAndHeels
07-24-2002, 07:26 PM
Besides Star Wars, some of my interests include:
-Comic books (Star Wars and Superman)
-Superman and JLA figures
-The new He-Man toy line (these things are awesome)
-McFarlane figures (mainly the sports figures)
-Simpsons
-Assorted Lord of the Rings
-Miscellaneous toys (Old "Independence Day" toys, "Starship Troopers" toys, James Bond figures, Starting Lineup figures, etc.
I also have a pretty large collection of sports cards, mainly from when I was in the "baseball card mode." I have several albums full of my favorite teams, like the NY Jets, the NY Mets, and some of the Carolina Hurricanes Cards from last season.

jet chan
07-26-2002, 11:32 AM
aside from star wars i like to collect coins mostly mercury dimes and coins pre 1965 that won't bankrupt me, which is easy if you dare get into key dates and error coins, but that is here nor there i collect them mostly for the art end of them.
anime and kung fu movies (mostly jackie chan and jet lee)
pokemon but only the original japanese languege stuff

Lobito
07-29-2002, 05:12 PM
Comics, (SW DH, DC and Marvel) and SMURFS!!! No one here collects smurfs???

Jargo
07-30-2002, 09:41 PM
I had a huge collection of smurfs back in the late seventies. Gave it all away or threw it out. One of the two. Actually now that I come to think of it I may just have lost them all when my Mum and stepdad divorced. A lot of childhood stuff got left behind in a big old trunk and he just trashed the lot in a tip somewhere. So he said... :( I lost a few of my first bears about that time as well. The ones I'd had since I was a baby almost. :cry:

plasticfetish
07-31-2002, 03:26 AM
Just talking about toys huh?
Most everything stems from the big childhood 3 ...

Micronauts
Shogun Warriors
Star Wars

So, I'll collect ...
- Just about anything Takara made or licensed that applies to the Henshin Cyborg to Transformers evolution (Henshin Cyborg -> Micromen (Micronauts) -> Diaclone and Transformers) ... and YES, I'm looking forward to the new Palisades Micronauts line!
- Shogun Warriors die cast figures (mainly hero robot stuff) and when I can afford it the big (jumbo) polyethylene figures.
- Star Wars figures and vehicles. (Have been slowly turning all of the newer loose figures over to my son so that I can watch him play with and enjoy these toys. My vintage figures are all in an old Star Wars lunch box on my desk.)

and ...

- Vintage (and some new) Japanese vinyl toys ... heroes, monsters and robots (Bullmark, Popy, Takatoku, Bandai and Yamakatsu.) This to me is the "Faberge Egg" of the toy world ... the weirder the sculpt the better and I like them used and with a proud amount of play wear.

Then there's the occasional distraction ...
- Peewee's Playhouse figures.
- Aliens figures.
- Mars Attacks figures.
- Resident Evil figures.
- Major Matt Mason (I have just a few old beat up ones and I wish I could afford more ... this is one of the best/most prolific toy lines ever made.)
- The odd Japanese "candy toy" here and there.
- Gundam (the new Bandai stuff that's out ... ohhh, what a terrible distraction ... I just can't stay away from the robots.)
- Star Trek (Playmates) - (Turned them over to my son a while back so that I could watch him play with and enjoy these great toys.)

There's the odd "other" here and there, but those are the ones that I've really collected. There's a pretty serious HEROES, ROBOTS, MONSTERS and SPACEMEN theme running.
As always, when it comes to collecting toys, I apply my golden rule and question ...
"Would I have played with and enjoyed this toy when I was seven years old?"

:]

rynobot
07-31-2002, 03:28 AM
I like Graded Basketball and Baseball cards, but sometimes I get th urge to rip open some packs of wax and will buy a box.

scruffziller
07-31-2002, 07:55 AM
I had gone cold turkey on collecting SW figs. But now I am starting to develop another bad habit of collecting. DVDs!!!!!!!!

Darth Shifty
07-31-2002, 02:16 PM
I collect DVD's, too. And lately I've been collecting the Marvel Heroclix figures. I only need Thanos to complete the collection. DC Heroclix is only a month away!

FKA Broke Collector
07-31-2002, 06:59 PM
Between collecting SW, Simpsons, and various cool McFarlane figures... I am going to die of starvation. Trying to cut back in fact.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-06-2002, 06:42 PM
my big three of what I collect are:
Lord Of The Rings
Star Wars
and Resident Evil

TheFrankEinstein
08-07-2002, 03:22 AM
I used to collect comic books, basketball cards, and various Shaquille O'Neal memorabilia (and I'd buy a lot of toys, but hey, I was a kid).

Now, some Star Wars toys (just getting into the 12"ers), movies (DVDs, rare bootlegs, etc.), Hong Kong movies and swords (and other Asian weaponry such as shuriken, caltrops, etc.). I'm looking to get into replica vintage Colt handguns, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. That and movie posters, which I love, but it's such a pain mounting them!

TylerD
08-14-2002, 04:56 AM
OH GOD JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING.....LOL

Here are some of my collections (doesn't mean I still collect them though)

Star Wars of course!
Archie Comics (and related paraphenelia)
Reproduction Tin Toys
Beanie Babies (YEAH YEAH I KNOW!! LOL)
Vintage Board Games
Vintage Children's Books (Library Discards)
Old Fisher Price Toys (Pull Toys and Little People Sets)
Bendos (HA)
Postcards of Every Sort (Mostly Large Letter and old motels)
vintage black and white photographs
Interesting Coffee Table Books on various subjects
PEZ Dispensars

God, so many....guess you get the idea.....Go ahead and call me Crazy!

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-18-2002, 03:03 PM
I forgot i'am also BIG into collecting Gundam, I collect the figures and the model kits. Gundam IMO is a cool show.

LusiferSam
08-24-2002, 12:32 AM
My big item is Lego. But SW is number 2. For some odd reason I spend more SW then legos, but will change as my vintage collection nears completion. Also I collect GI Joe ('80's and early '90's), but that on hiatus for the time being. And model air planes, WW 2 1:48 scale. I have a lot other stuff around that some people might think of as collections, but I don't (I really need to clean up or clear out a lot of this stuff some time).

robman71
08-24-2002, 05:48 AM
Besides SW, I have just started getting into the Gundam model kits. (Gives me something to do during down time). Also I have a fair collection of DVD's (About 50 or so, mostly horror, sci-fi, and comedy), I used to collect comics and still have about a hundred or so that I could not part with so they are boxed in my closet.