PDA

View Full Version : Taun We.. Alien grey?

JediDan
04-03-2002, 10:34 PM
This guy flat out scares me. I don't think I'll collect him, he looks just like those ugly aliens with the big eyes that anal probe cows, pigs and Cartman. No thanks, those eyes freak me out big time. :eek: :eek:

Battle Droid
04-03-2002, 10:35 PM
I think they look cool, they remind me of Yarael Poof.

CrossWizard
04-03-2002, 10:39 PM
I know what you mean JD, hes one creepy son of a gun, reminds me of the guys from Fire in the Sky. :eek:

JediDan
04-03-2002, 10:39 PM
Yes he does, that guy kinda freaked me out too, except his eyes weren't quite as big, plus wasn't his head a bit smaller too? One thing just in case I do decide to collect him;) (Taun We that is)when is he due to hit the shelves?

Lord Tenebrous
04-03-2002, 11:36 PM
Lucasfilm restricted the use of the Kaminoans in marketing, but there's an image of Lama Su on the soundtrack display, so I doubt there's anything holding back his release. However, I really feel that Taun We would be great in the same wave as Palpatine and Dooku.

The Kaminoans are actually modified off the super-mechs in AI, and, if done correctly, should hopefully have some minor translucency. I've given up hoping for a 'glow in the dark' effect, unless they use the same material used for Vader (Wrath).

LTBasker
04-04-2002, 12:28 AM
Obi-Wan: "Wow, really?"
Taun We: "Yes, we have several celebrities here, especially some Richard guy, he's such a droofus."

Beast
04-04-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Obi-Wan: "Wow, really?"
Taun We: "Yes, we have several celebrities here, especially some Richard guy, he's such a droofus."

RIMSHOT!!!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
04-04-2002, 06:09 PM
didn't the carded fig we saw of this guy look a little short? i thought they were really tall, like 8 foot or something?:confused:

Bosskman
04-04-2002, 07:00 PM
Isn't Taun We a female? I thougt he/she/it was.

Jargo
04-04-2002, 07:30 PM
derek, this figure looks to actually be the same height as the bubble. her skirt doesn't go all the way to her feet which appear to be sitting on the bottom of the bubble as her head is touching the top. meaning that Taun We is roughly the same height as Chewbacca mechanic? She's certainly taller than most of the other figures who seem to sit in the middle of the bubbles with loads of room above and below. Looks like Kaminoans have two toes. And three digits. I like this figure. It's a bit different. I like the design on Lama Su better though. he's got a funky space suit outfit. Shame we have to wait for him.

NesteaFett
04-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Guess, that post answers the question about the sex.

derek
04-04-2002, 09:33 PM
jargo,

you're correct. it does look like he fills the whole bubble up after i look at it again. i guess they are so skinny it kind of looks smaller:)

mylow thehutt
04-04-2002, 10:56 PM
:) I love this figure,and you can't back down the blender pack in.also why did lucausfilms not want the Kaminos on the market?is it because....OHHHHHHHHHHHH:eek: :eek:

Beast
04-04-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
:) I love this figure,and you can't back down the blender pack in.also why did lucausfilms not want the Kaminos on the market?is it because....OHHHHHHHHHHHH:eek: :eek:
It's not that Lucas didn't want them on the market, he wanted to keep Kamino and the look of the aliens there pretty much a secret. So Hasbro and other merchandising companies were told to not show the figure at Toy Fair. The same thing also occured with Dexter Jettster. Since they were CGI aliens, their look was kept pretty quiet, until renderings were done, and then info started to leak. Other then the leaks, there has only been 1 official Lucasfilm picture of them, and it was a headshot of Lama Su, that I believe showed up in Variety Fair. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
04-05-2002, 08:14 AM
:) Oh...ok..hay thanx i thought the kamino was....nevermind.Thanx Jar-Jar

JEDIpartner
04-05-2002, 08:38 AM
...but I think it will go better with my Mulder figure... :crazed:

Beast
04-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Here is a good loose picture of Taun We that Rebelscum posted just a little while ago. She looks pretty good, but I wish that they would have released Lama Su in the same assortment. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taun We: Kamino Cloner:

Battle Droid
04-06-2002, 12:27 AM
It looks to have the same kind of arm attachment as Gasgano, which isn't a good thing. I really hope I'm mistaken.

Lord Tenebrous
04-06-2002, 01:04 AM
I want a side view. If there's no head-fin, then it's not really a Kaminoan at all. :(

And I did think "Gasgano" as soon as I saw this picture...hmmmm.

Jargo
04-06-2002, 02:20 PM
Taun We has black patches on her shoulders. The figure looks like it has regular arm joints to me, just thin and weak looking. If she had gasgano joints the black patches would be inside the arms not on the outside and slightly bumpy. it's possible that the arms aren't strong and will pop out but i think it's a different type of joint than Gasgano. here's a comparison pic of a still from the movie and a pic of the figure...

And she's wearing a skull cap so her fin is flattened. Otherwise it would be sticking up as expected. :)

Beast
04-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the comparison pics, as well as a side view of Miss Taun We from the movie Jargo. That explains the black patches, I'm so glad they didn't turn out to be a bad joint. And if they are part of the arm joint, atleast it's still movie accurate. Now Hasbro, I only have 1 question....where is Lama Su. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks