PDA

View Full Version : Stormtrooper Troop Builder Set 4 Pack

Sidiously Darth
04-03-2002, 11:20 PM
Does anyone have concrete info on this item? Planet Action Figure is preselling it at their site:

Planet Action Figure (http://www.planetactionfigure.com/list.php?line=starwars)

I remeber reading something about it coming from the Fan Club but I'd like more information.:confused:

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 11:26 PM
For the most part, unless it shows up here, I take it strictly as an un-proven rumor. I heard that this was only going to be a fan club exclusive, if that was the case, I can't see how another online site could sell them. But then again, I don't remember seeing any proof this was real at all.

LTBasker
04-04-2002, 01:02 AM
I'm not gonna get it from PAF, I'm sure it's a Fan Club exclusive and fairly sure it's true. Hasbro hasn't wanted to comment on it and denied answering any questions, but usually it quite possibly means it might be coming out when they don't shoot the idea down right then. :D

Hopefully it won't be high priced at the FC, but theres still kind of a jam, I mean you could either get it for more at another site, or fight the net traffic crowd on the one time available-for-non-members availability. :rolleyes:

Thankfully though since the only new thing about this is 2 of them will have POTF2 (Yay!) Stormtrooper blasters instead of those of those weird rifles so it shouldn't create too much really HIGH demand and therefore keeping scalpers away.

stad
04-04-2002, 01:57 AM
I couldn't help noticing their(PlanetActionFigure) Action Fleet pics were from SirStevesGuide...

Wolfwood319
04-04-2002, 02:02 AM
I do think though that if it is a Fan Club exclusive, there will be plenty to go around unlike the TF Vader. If its supposed to be an army builder, than you should be able to get lots of them. And since they're not carded, they're not really good for "carded" collectors, only army builders.

I mean look at the Carbon Freeze chamber, you can get that for $12 now.

evenflow
04-04-2002, 01:18 PM
I dont see them being rare, but I am sure alot of people will be buying them. I just thing Hasbro likes to try to keep things secret for as long as they can, that's why no official word yet.

Bosskman
04-04-2002, 04:11 PM
I plan on getting at least 3 of these packs. A dozen Stormtroopers ................... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

sith_killer_99
04-04-2002, 04:25 PM
These things were confirmed a while ago, as far as I knew.

The "OTHER" site (reb#lscum.com) had pics of the things a while back, complete with their white mailer boxes!

Also, it is supposed to be a fan club exclusive, so how can PAF sell 'em? The same way any site sells Exclusives (TIE Interceptors, Snowspeeder, TIE Bomber) they SCALP it!!!:eek:

icatch9
04-04-2002, 05:25 PM
I just hope there are plenty of these to go around. I mean they are called troop builer sets so everyone is going to want a bunch. I just hope that they are cheap and plenty, so we all can have a grand imperial army.

Amanamike
04-04-2002, 07:25 PM
Well if we pay the price Planet Action Figure wants, well be getting ripped off. They want 39.99 for a pack of 4!! Thats 10US each and you dont even get a good package. So I would say that is a rip price. Probably around the 25-30US would be more reasonable. You could even buy them at Yestertoys with retail packaging by the case for cheaper than that.!! Planet Action Figure is a rip off joint if you ask me.

Wolfwood319
04-05-2002, 01:21 AM
How is an online retailer selling a "Fan Club Exclusive?" Have they even been given permission or even a confirmation that they can sell this things?

I personally am going to wait to see what the fan club does. I wouldn't pay $10 a figure, I can get them on ebay, on cards for $10 a pop.:rolleyes:

Amanamike
04-05-2002, 01:32 AM
Exactly!!! Thats what I meant to say!!!!:D

LTBasker
04-05-2002, 03:57 AM
Actually it's all possible for them to get the exclusives, they could just get'em from Hong Kong like they do the rest of their exclusives.

pthfnder89
04-05-2002, 10:32 AM
Well I don't think I'll buy several of them, but I might get one or two. I already have about 35-45 CTC Stormies I got on discount so I don't really need anymore, but I really need some more POTF2 blasters to go with them. I only have about 8, and I really don't want my army to all have those rifles. they don't look that good and they don't fit in their hands well.

Amanamike
04-05-2002, 11:55 AM
35-45?? Wow great Stormtrooper army you got there!! Im still only at around 7 of the comtech ones. Im looking forward to these packs to get me over 50 stormtroopers. Gotta have at least that many. But I do have 25 of the new Rebel fleet troopers, and 10 Imperial officers. I jumpedon those right away.

Sidiously Darth
04-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Amanamike
But I do have 25 of the new Rebel fleet troopers, and 10 Imperial officers. I jumpedon those right away.

I think all the Rebel Troopers I've seen in the Orlando area don't even add up to 25. I have 1 and 3 Imp. Officers. I doubt I'll be seeing anymore Rebel Troopers, though.