PDA

View Full Version : Movies to toys uncertainties

scruffziller
04-03-2002, 10:41 PM
I never did see that odd staff that came with Admiral Ackbar in the movie. And there are a number of others such as the talking troop transport (I know, it wouldn't have talked in the movie). Or were some of these things in the toys that most of us didn't see but were actually there. Please help.:crazed:

2-1B
04-04-2002, 12:32 AM
I believe many of the weapons were just added for play value. They still like to do that today :) I am surprised they never threw in a staff with the Imperial Dignitary. 'Course, that would require hands that could grip an accessory :rolleyes:

As for that Imperial troop transport (it was an Imperial toy, right?), I don't recall seeing the Imperials use one. But I always thought of it as a variation of the transport the Rebels used in the Yavin hangar :)

JEDIpartner
04-04-2002, 11:05 AM
I was picking up a couple things at a local comic book store and there it was! Wow... talk about flashbacks to the "old days".

evenflow
04-04-2002, 11:46 AM
The whole Rocket firing Boba Fett thing, that never appeared in the movie.

Rollo Tomassi
04-04-2002, 11:48 AM
I have the non-talking one. Bought it just last week in my Vintage playset kick I've been on recently. The first one was released with the ANH waves, and rereleased w/o electronics for the ESB stuff. There was something similar to it on Echo Base, but it was smaller in the film..and it was an Alliance vehicle, not Imperial.

What really suprises me is that I can fit Eeth Koth in the holders on the side.;)

Bel-Cam Jos
04-04-2002, 12:38 PM
I liked all the "fake" things Kenner used: Mini Rigs, "wrong" weapons, etc. Cases in point:
Ree-Yees
Bib Fortuna
Admiral Ackbar
Cloud Car Pilot

Plus, these characters never had weapons, but still came with them:
Lobot
2-1B
Ree-Yees
Bib Fortuna
Admiral Ackbar
Cloud Car Pilot

I was disappointed that the first wave of POTF2 figures came with such crappy "fake" weapons, but I never complained about the extra stuff. Gimme more guns! :eek: Uh, toy guns... ;)