PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars-Star Trek Crossover

scruffziller
04-04-2002, 12:19 AM
I know what some of you are thinking OH NO!!! Not this!!!!!!!
But I ask of you out there that have had some good ideas and have seriously thought about it to post some ideas (if you feel comfortable with sharing them, fear of anyone stealing your ideas). I want to find some fans of those I can realte to on this subject, because I have had a killer idea for one. I use to shun this possibility until I came up with this latest idea. Especially with the fact that E.T.'s race is in the senate, proves that the possibility is there.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-04-2002, 01:42 PM
Uh, I'd say... no. Transfomers and GI Joe tried it in the comics, and it was bad. SW and ST are slightly different in what they stand for, in my opinion, regardless of whether or not they share the same universe.

Nice idea, but in theory only. Just my opinion, that's all.

scruffziller
04-04-2002, 08:16 PM
That's true they are different, but my story would have an elemnt that would bring a problem to both places an element from each story to the other. I'll probably lay it out later but don't have time right now.

Wolfwood319
04-05-2002, 01:15 AM
I'm not a Star Trek fan per se, so I wouldn't really be interested in a crossover. I also don't read too many Star Wars comics/books, and I've never read a Star Trek comic or book.

Whenever I hear "crossover" I think of the movie Jetsons meet the Flintstones. That was not a good movie....:(

icatch9
04-05-2002, 10:02 AM
Go for it dude. It sounds cool to me. I think it already happened sortof. Remeber the episode of DS9 where Basire (sp?) Garrick, and a couple of others where in the Jem Haddar holding cell. There was that alien that didn't say anything that looks just like Leia in Boussh disguise. Just a thougt. I know that really wasn't Boussh, but it sure did look alot like him/her.

My brother and I would always argue who would win in a fight. Star Fleet or the rebels. We never came up with any good answers, but it was fun to discuss/ argue.

scruffziller
04-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Ok a few short lines of my story. Some of the Borg find their way to the Star Wars Universe to (interdemensional time travel etc.) about the time of Empire Strikes back. They find an ancient Sith
burial temple. The Sith have been preserved in such a way that the Borg are able to assimilate them, much like they did with Kirk in 'The Return'.(need I say more) Once the Borg have "done what Borg do" to that universe. A cube finds its way back to Federation Space. Picard investigates the cube with the away team. He happens upon Luke Skywalker's drone. Because of Picard formerly being a Borg and somehow Lukes's had been developing force skills, Luke's soul beneath the cybernetics is able to establish a mind link with Picard to show him what the Borg have become in that universe. Borg with the power of the Dark side. And an assimilated Emperor Palpitine and Vader to guide them.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-07-2002, 02:14 PM
Palpatine would never allow himself to be assimilated. His lust for power is singular, not collective. A two-sided (Rebellion and Federation) attack versus the Borg is interesting, but the Dark Side and the Borg just don't quite fit to me.

HOWEVER, do not take my comments as "don't even bother trying to write such a story." I'm all for creative writing! I just don't see it as working too well. Good luck, though! :)

scruffziller
04-08-2002, 08:14 PM
I am still trying to refine the idea and with this forum I can use advice and suggestions to do so. Thanx for pointing out that Palpitine would not allow himself to be assimilated, but maybe CHOOSE to be so to overtake the queen's position.

Dryanta
04-08-2002, 08:25 PM
Good luck and have fun with it.
It's not for me because I really don't care for Star Trek.
I gotta say I don't think Palpatine is the only one that would never be assimilated.Vader would be impossible IMHO.And Luke wouldn't go for the ride either.Not to mention Yoda!!!!!
But hey have fun with it.I'm sure you'll find an audience to entertain with it.:)

preacher
04-09-2002, 03:41 PM
Thank the maker you are running with Piccard instead of Cisco or Janeway. I absolutely loved ST:TNG, and totally despised DS9 and Voyager. I will not even touch Enterprise.

I think you have hit on something with the Borg coming to the Star Wars universe. However, one thing I think you might be missing is the common ground of intergalactic warfare between the Empire and Federation and how much the Star Wars universe is dependent on Alien interaction.

What if the Borg, instead of finding a sith temple assimilate Rodians, Twi-leks, snivians, etc. a whole host of aliens that have been assimilated that are from the Star Wars universe are found. Piccard, Data, and the rest have never seen such races before and after some analysis of energy signatures on the borg cube, or diamond, (maybe we learn the borg modeled their sphere after the death star) the Enterprise crew learn that the borg have managed quantum travel and not collected subjects not only in a different reality, but in a galaxy far far away. The enterprise warps to the star wars universe to prevent the borg from getting plans for the death star and find they are knee-deep in $#!+ trying to attack 25 star destroyers. Throw in the rebellion, Vader, a few stormtroopers, the Enterprises ability to teleport, and the star wars universe grand scale alien integration into society and you would have a wicked smooth story.

scruffziller
04-09-2002, 06:14 PM
Thanx Preacher!!!!!!!

That gives me some good additional material to work with.
I appreciate you sharing my vision. I will continue to post some more ideas to add to the story. One thing I thought would be cool is that the Borg could have lightsaber like wepons on their suits now as it being part of their knowledge.

scruffziller
04-10-2002, 02:33 AM
I would assume to make Palpitine somewhat like what Lore became. INstead Palpitine would become the collective like the queen is but seperate from the one we know because the Borg cube that happened into SW space would exist in slot in existence where the collective would not be (even though the Borg were starting to cross over into other dimensions this is one they would not have been). Palpitine would see the Borg as the Ultimate opportunity. After all Palpitine used technology WITH his influence of the dark side but neither by itself to accomplish his goal. The use of the Borg would be no different. The cube would be disoriented being seperated from the whole of the collective, but its objective as Borg still remains in the drones of the cube like it still was. Happening on the deserted, remote and hidden planet where there happens to be an ancient Sith burial, they instinctively are able to assimilate the well preserved bodies(mostly likely a well mastered force power being used to keep these bodies in stasis just before actually dying maybe??????, perhaps they had a vision of this day HMMMMMM!(yoda voice))(as if they just died) of these Sith. With the knowledge of the force coarsing through their being they immediately seek the strongest source they can sense. Palpitine and Vader. SInce Vader has basically been a puppet of Palpitine, Palptine discards of Vader.
He doesn't even want him as a drone because he is aware of his unstability to the loyalty of the Dark Side, that element in the collective would be a threat to Palpitine(as we already witnessed in the movies). Palpitine has his new means to greatness. Little does he know that LUke Skywalker who would become a drone will be the downfall of his ultimate plan. {STAY TUNED FOR PART 2} coming SOON}

Lobito
04-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Would be difficult, but it can be done...According to EP1 E.T.'s race exists in the SW universe, E.T. visited the earth, and since most of the crew of the USS Enterprise comes from earth, u got a link. But u will have to work in the time element...and the topic of course. I can see Kahn in Jabba's palace, still...as i said b4 this would be very difficult.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-17-2002, 07:13 PM
And the ET senators would be older ["A long time ago" + 30 years], since they were in TPM, not ANH! :p Weird angle is that Yoda is seen as a costume in E.T., so he exists as a movie character, too. Moebius circles, Moebius circles! :crazed:

See? And most people think writing is so easy. It's an art and a talent. Go for it, SZ! :)

Arrogant Arse
04-29-2002, 04:18 PM
You know, Scruffziller, I sort-of watched Voyager, and it occurred to me that species 84321-90210 (whatever their number was) kind of reminded me of the Uzang-Vong (sp?) or even the Geonocians (SP!?!?!) Could you use that as a bridge? Isn't the Uzang-Vong (again SP!?!) some sor of invading force from outside. I know this is exceedingly EU stuff, but it might be a start.

scruffziller
04-29-2002, 06:16 PM
Why yes Arrogant, I do see the similarities, very insightful.

scruffziller
01-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
And the ET senators would be older ["A long time ago" + 30 years], since they were in TPM, not ANH! :p Weird angle is that Yoda is seen as a costume in E.T., so he exists as a movie character, too. Moebius circles, Moebius circles! :crazed:

See? And most people think writing is so easy. It's an art and a talent. Go for it, SZ! :)

Man after all this time I finally realized something. E.T. in his movie RECOGNIZED Yoda!!!!!! That is why he said. "Home, Home, Home." It could always be explained that GL psychicly picked up on the existence of the SW universe and then inspired to create it in movie form. Just like they did in that Justice League
episode.

tgr3328
01-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
Go for it dude. It sounds cool to me. I think it already happened sortof. Remeber the episode of DS9 where Basire (sp?) Garrick, and a couple of others where in the Jem Haddar holding cell. There was that alien that didn't say anything that looks just like Leia in Boussh disguise. Just a thougt. I know that really wasn't Boussh, but it sure did look alot like him/her.

I remember those aliens. They were called the Breen (sp?) and they all wore those cold suits. I knew they reminded me of someone, but I couldn't remember at first. They had spaceships with some sort of special shielding that was impervious to phaser fire. The bad guys needed them as allies in order to overthrow the Federation.

scruffziller
02-07-2003, 03:43 PM
This is a new addition to the story that I brainstormed over the last few days. It actually be the beggining of the book.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A small ship that was designed for essential travel and stealth has been roaming theuniverse for many years. The cargo, passengers of a high upmost importance. A group of
individuals from many worlds that have spanned the universe. These individuals posess unique abilities that are kindred to the abilities of the one The Federation knows as "The
Traveler." They are traveling to a remote place in which they can learn to develop their abilities to use them for good. The individuals are placed into stasis to preserve their minds
and bodies for the long journey through the universe so that their abilities do not diminish over time. The individuals and their families are approached by the administrators of the
institution and are allowed to make their own descision whether to join or not.
On route to a planet on the far corner of the neautral zone, the ship encountered a Borg cube. The ship's propulsion and cloaking devices are mainly powered through the pilot's
abilities. The pilot controlling the ship was inexperienced to the use of his powers and had become careless and weekened at the wrong time. The other pilots were regenerating their
power and were incapabable of assisting him. The ship was soon borded by drones and the group was assimilated. As soon as the process was complete, something unexpected happened. The cube collective itself became an individual. The drones realized that their counterparts light years away were insects and insignificant. The assimilated essences never reached the rest of the hive, That cube had realized a greater purpose and had taken a huge leap towards the perfection they were searching for. They could alter time and space like a
flicker of one of their implants. With this new found glory, they realized that emotions were no longer irrelevant and innefficent but very useful since feelings were a great deal a part of
this new method of traveling. One of the individuals assimialted by the Borg on the traveling vessel was a human that had been on the ship since the late twentieth century. His
abilities started out as flashes of visions in his sleep of other galaxies and other dimensions. He thought they were just dreams, but then the people he saw in them began to communicate and realized it was something more than visions. He took this ability and used it to produce stories for cinematic productions. He knew of other people in his business that seemed to have the same power because when the cinematic production was released for him to observe, he knew he had seen these places before in his visions realized in these
entertainment pictures. And one of these stood out in his mind all his life. After many years in the entertainment business, he was growing tired of the routine and unfulfilled rewards of
a goal sought after. When the administrators of the institution approached him, he said yes immidiately. The Borg cube collective honed in on this passion of this man and made it their
own. In an instant they journeyed to this galaxy so far, far away.
Upon arriving, the cube whole was disoriented and weakened from the travel. They needed to regenerate fast or they may not make it far enough for them survive this. The only
method fast enough would be to assimilate some new life forms to give themselves the essential energy. They happened upon a remote planet and detected some life signs, faint,
but existent. A group of drones beamed to the planet to assimilate these life forms. What they found was not exactly what they were looking for but it would have to do. The
creatures were in stasis at a point just before death. The drones injected the aliens with their nanoprobes and began to feel energy being restored to the cube. When they assimialtion
process was completed, a new and strange voice flowed through their minds. The voice said,
"JOIN WITH THE SITH. HATRED, AGGRESSION, FEAR ARE YOUR ALLIES NOW. THE DARK SIDE IS THE TRUE NATURE OF THE FORCE." With this voice came a new beast of power to the drones. Their new found power in the Alpha quadrant seemed like a pebble on the beach compared to the awesomeness that was oozing from their being now. The cube felt a strong pull to the center of this galaxy and layed in a course for a planet the newly assimilated creatures called Coruscant.

Adam
02-24-2003, 02:24 AM
Is awesomeness a word now? :)

scruffziller
02-26-2003, 10:49 AM
I admit I have to work on my grammar. Who knows I believe that I have heard that word used before besides myself. I need Stephen King for a writing mentor.:(

Bel-Cam Jos
02-26-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Adam
Is awesomeness a word now? :)
According to yourdictionary.com ...

awe·some
(click to hear the word) (ôsm)
adj.
Inspiring awe: an awesome thunderstorm.
Expressing awe: stood in awesome silence before the ancient ruins.
Slang Remarkable; outstanding: "a totally awesome arcade game" (Los Angeles Times).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
awesome·ly adv.
awesome·ness n.

At the bottom, adjective 'awesome' does in fact have a noun form. Word up! You are vindicated, scruffziller; Adam owes you a Bad Song Lyric of Shame (BSLOS) as payment. :p

scruffziller
02-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Yea!!!:D Maybe I am not so far off from doing it on my own.
Stephen........take a number and a raincheck!!!!!:p