PDA

View Full Version : MA finds

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Prince Xizor
09-15-2002, 01:59 AM
Guess what I found today!

A Republic Gunship! WooHoo!

There was 2 of them at the Walmart in Northampton for 40 bucks each. I picked one up and hid the other one for my brother, so I guess there are really none left. (Damn its hard to hid something that big.) Nothing else new, but let me tell you, this ship rocks. You need to get it if you see it.

Darth Detori
09-15-2002, 08:40 AM
sweet! congrats!!! that means we'll all be seeing it soon, hopefully.

Prince Xizor
09-16-2002, 10:09 AM
I'm going down to Boston today to visit my girlfriend. We will probably go shopping, so I will report what I found.

Darth Detori
09-16-2002, 11:41 AM
oh right- I forgot that I was there yesterday; I pretty much just stopped at FAO Shwarz and those shopping centers by the prudential; nothing new, except FAO had a bunch of the mini falcons (god, why can't I remember what that line is called?)

Prince Xizor
09-16-2002, 02:57 PM
Action Fleet?

Darth Detori
09-16-2002, 08:29 PM
I had a weird lapse there- I meant the playschool ones

Prince Xizor
09-17-2002, 01:04 PM
I don't know if anybody else is familiar with the store Ames, but they are all going out of business. All the toys were 35% off as of Saturday, and it seems to be going up 5% a week. The store in Greenfield has a ton a Slave I's and Starfighter's if anybody is interested in picking them up at a discounted price.

Hellzer
09-17-2002, 05:25 PM
Very true, Xizor. Last week I got a Jedi Starfighter for $15 when all toys were 30% off. I would have waited longer to get a better discount but my local store only had one left. Then I went to the Ames in Beverly a few days later and they had Starfighters AND Slave 1's piled to the ceiling.:frus: That's another thing BTW. If you're gonna go to Ames, go to one that's more out of the way. I also went to their stores in Rt. 1 Saugus and Revere, and they both had absolutely nothing left at all. Yet the lesser stores (Beverly in particular) still have quite a bit to choose from.

Prince Xizor
09-18-2002, 07:16 PM
I just checked out the Nashua TRU, Target, and KB. I also checked the Chelmsford Walmart. They have nothing new. The TRU does have the new R2, but that doesn't count.

Darth Detori
09-20-2002, 09:35 PM
I went to Nashua TRU today as well, and again, nothing new.
This girl there... UGH I hate her. She's the only one I hate too since she's such a frickin' brat! If someone's nice to me, I'll return it to them, and I'm always nice to people I'm meeting, but she's just ALWAYS been a brat! so today I went in to pick up my check, and I walked around so I was slightly behind the service desk so I could see that she was getting my check and then she was like "you can't be back here". I was going to kick her in the face :p. Like I'm going to steal something??? because I'm ONE FOOT IN!??!? grrrr.
I'm so glad I'm gone from there though- I'm training at a photo development place and it is SO much better. Plus you get to see the random crap people take pictures of ;)

so anyway, Amherst Wal-Mart finally got (HASBRO) Gunships in! Well, I don't know how many are there now, but two days ago I got the last one.
That thing is SOOOOOOOOO COOL! My favorite feature is the opening side doors; just the way they open rocks! I can't wait till we (finally) get the yellow clone troopers. I'll get three, maybe even four!

Darth Detori
09-20-2002, 09:38 PM
oh, and I don't know when you got there, Xizor, but Target Nashua had I think two 12" SBD's and Zam Wessell's

Master ToNone
09-20-2002, 11:09 PM
Darth Detori,

What happened at TRU? They suck or give you sh*t about the SW stuff?
Developing photo's will be fun, you see some things you never thought you'd see...and some you never wanted to see.

Good luck...

Darth Detori
09-20-2002, 11:20 PM
they sucked! first of all, you couldn't do ANYTHING alone; you wanted to give someone change for a dollar so their kid could ride the machines? you had to get a manager with their keys to open the drawer for you. A coupon didn't want to scan? manager with keys. need to scratch your a**? manager with keys. It's like they TOTALLY, COMPLETELY don't trust you, and that I can't stand. It was insanely boring as well and the radio was driving me nuts. That and the soccer moms. OH the soccer moms. They'd come in with a stack of coupons THIS big. And they're always in a hurry too, which made it so much more stressful since you'd have to call a manager and wait for them to come over. And having about twenty thousand managers wasn't fun at all either. Just one manager is enough for me, thank you! And working with so many people didn't really let me make many relationships with them, except this one woman who I always cashiered with; she was cool. And that one girl- ARGH.

but yeah, I'm really hoping to get hired at the picture place since they give me TONS of hours and good pay. That and there are the perks, like yesterday I got to sort through two rolls of film of an all-girl sleep over (all of them about a year younger than me ;) ), and then about 15 shots of this other hot girl I kinda know in a bikini ;).
But then there are always the parents that feel compelled to do an all-nude shoot of their 1 year-old :p

Master ToNone
09-21-2002, 10:18 AM
Sounds like you'll enjoy the new job, Good for you. Wait till the bikini's disapear, then you'll really love going to work.

Darth Detori
09-21-2002, 01:43 PM
lol, I count the seconds ;)

funny cereal idea of the day: Count Dookula

Well I'm heading off to manchester; my report upon returning!

Darth Detori
09-21-2002, 04:40 PM
gunships, gunships everywhere!
there were a whole bunch of them at Manchester TRU, and one at Manchester Wal-Mart. Another item of interest were the new 12" wave at Manchester Wal-Mart, with two dooku's placed in the back of the shelf

Darth Detori
09-22-2002, 03:54 PM
FINALLY!!! I HAVE FOUND VADER UNLEASHED!!!

unfortunantly I had to make a bit of a trip for it, but it was worth it; I got it at the TRU in Natick

Hellzer
09-23-2002, 12:06 AM
Glad to hear you finally found Vader, Detori. Natick IS quite the trek, especially for you, but your persistance finally paid off. I just hope you didn't take down any more elderly store employees this time. :p :crazed: :p

Anyhoo, I'll be going on an all out blitz tomorrow, so I'll report any findings. I'm crossing my fingers REALLY hard right now.

Prince Xizor
09-23-2002, 11:10 AM
You found a Vader? Damn you.....

I went back to the Walmart in Northampton, MA and there was the new 12" wave, like 2 Dookus, and 3 each of the Zams and Battle Droids. Nothing else new around here.

Darth Detori
09-23-2002, 06:58 PM
well see my dad basically has us every other weekend, and I can usually talk him into bringing us down to Natick, so that's how I manage to get down there; I'd just get TOOO bored driving down myself ;)

I am COMPLETELY satisfied with this thing though; when I have all the lights out and just the computer light on, he looks so dark and menacing under the greenish hue.

Hellzer
09-23-2002, 10:04 PM
Usual places. Usual nothing. I give up......
:frus: :cry: :frus: :cry: :frus: :cry: :frus: :cry: :frus: :cry: :frus: :cry: :frus: :cry: :frus: :cry: :frus: :cry: :frus: :cry: :frus:

The only intesting thing I did see was at the Burlington Mall KB, where they had four 12" Ultimate Jangos on special clearance for $25 due to their packaging being horribly, horribly mangled. The figures themselves as well as their accessories all apeared to be fine, so that's a steal for any of you openers that don't have one yet. They're located in the back of the store on an endcap with the other SW stuff.

Master ToNone
09-23-2002, 10:53 PM
the ultimate jangos, aren't they usually $15? or is it all four for 25?
Thanks for the info, either way, always helps.

Hellzer
09-24-2002, 01:44 PM
This (http://www.figures.com/archives/images/48/42948.jpg) is the Jango I was speaking about, that comes with the removeable armor and a boatload of accessories. Most places sell them for $35-$40, but KB (as usual) marks them up to $50. So you can get one for half the KB price if you want it loose.

Master ToNone
09-24-2002, 04:28 PM
thanks for clearing that up Hellzer. I was thinking the unleashed line for some reason. Guess its because there hasn't been much for us collectors to think about around here.

Actually have the Ultimate Jango and HIGHLY recommend it.

Prince Xizor
09-25-2002, 02:40 PM
Yeah, Im going to FAO in Boston this weekend, they better damn well have something otherwise Im going to start using eBay.

Prince Xizor
09-25-2002, 07:00 PM
I dropped by Nashua today. The KB in the mall has the new Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi-Wan. The TRU has the Padme and Anakin Unleashed but no Vader. And Target has 2 of every Accersory Kit.

NO DAMN TA ANAKIN OR ST MAUL! AGH!

Darth Detori
09-25-2002, 11:54 PM
GRR! I have NO money until wednesday and NOW the rest of the unleashed's that I need show up!
oh well, at least I still have my precious, precious vader ;)

Prince Xizor
09-27-2002, 08:34 PM
Just went to FAO in Boston. Guess what I found?

NOTHING. AUGH! They had a bunch of pegwarmers and of course it was FAO so they were like 10 bucks a pop.

No TA Anakins, Gunships, Acklays, or anything else rare.

Darth Detori
09-27-2002, 09:20 PM
lol, I've come to not expect much from FAO shwarz.

Hellzer
09-29-2002, 12:37 AM
Finally saw some new stuff today....nothing that I wanted, but new stuff none the less.

Saw some accessory sets for the first time today at the Danvers Target. They had 2 Hoths, 1 Death Star, 1 Arena, but no Endors.
K-Mart on Rt. 1 Saugus had 12" Electronic Jango and Obi-Wan. They were on the bottom shelf with the other SW stuff in the middle of the toy isle. Trust me you'll need the directions. What a mess.

After I came back from my toy run today, I broke down and ordered TA Anakin and Sith Training Maul from Amazon. Three months of trying to find them in stores is just way too long for my tastes. Last I checked they were still in stock if anybody else wants them.

Master ToNone
09-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Hellzer, I got TA Anakin about 2 months ago online. Yes, it was $10, but my gut told me we wouldn't see those figs for a while. You made the right choice (read: we'll find him tomorrow in bulk ; )

Figs like that one almost require you to spend the money to eliminate the heartbreak...

Prince Xizor
09-30-2002, 09:48 AM
Newbury Comics in Boston had a Hanger Duel Anakin, but nothing really else of value.

I'm THIS close to ordering online.

Darth Detori
09-30-2002, 07:45 PM
well, it has no relevance to figures, but I'm recieving a Master Replicas Anakin F/X saber on wednesday!!! YAY!!! as a toy fan and a prop fan, this is like the ultimate fix for me. And I'll look SO frickin' cool on halloween in my tricked-out Anakin Costume weilding this saber. Snootch to the Noonch!

Prince Xizor
09-30-2002, 11:02 PM
Darth, You have to tell me how it is. I've been thinking of picking one up, but I wasn't sure of the quality. Now I can get a good opinion on it.

Darth Detori
10-01-2002, 10:10 PM
well people have been saying half and half, but these views are from a replica props message board, so they're really rating it as a prop over a toy. I see it more as a toy, soooo I should probably like it more

Prince Xizor
10-02-2002, 07:22 PM
I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT!

TA ANAKIN!

Anakin, Jango Fett Pilot, CA Padme, And The Republic Gunship Pilot were all at KAY BEE TOYS in Nashua today! I picked up one of each, and the Gunship pilot was the last one of it's kind there. Too bad too, I need 4 of them for my Gunship. And speaking of the Gunship, there was one left in TRU in Nashua today as well. I already have one, so I left it on the shelf.

I can't believe it, its about damn time. I just need Darth Maul Sith Training now. Yes!

Good Luck Everyone.

Darth Detori
10-02-2002, 08:19 PM
DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that clone trooper was mine! you're on my turf, b****! ;) just kidding! Well that's good news since it means they're actually out here!
congratulations!

and regarding the Anakin F/X saber: H-O-L-Y GOD!!!! GET THIS!!!! GET IT NOW!!!!! it's cool enough in low light and even in regular light, but when you go outside in a big open area when it's completely dark out........... you ARE a jedi. the sounds are great, the construction is great, it's just plain GREAT!!!
it's quite bright, the sounds are dead-on, the saber looks awesome. TOTALLY worth the money (though I got it through a trade ;).
My only complaint is that they haven't released a Mace Windu one yet!!

Darth Detori
10-02-2002, 08:21 PM
oh, and did you see if the new unleashed's were still at TRU in nashua?

Prince Xizor
10-02-2002, 09:16 PM
I don't remember seeing the Unleashed, Sorry Detori.

And thanks for the input on the Saber. Sounds very cool, if they release a Vader one, I'll be the first to buy it.

Darth Detori
10-02-2002, 09:48 PM
they are!
coming out early next year, though I think you can order now

Darth Detori
10-02-2002, 09:49 PM
I'm going to be in Worcester Mass tomorrow probably- any good spots down there?

Prince Xizor
10-02-2002, 10:28 PM
I'm gonna get that Vader one, maybe as a present.

As for Worcester, I've never really been. But Good Luck though.

Prince Xizor
10-03-2002, 07:49 PM
A friend of mine in Western MA found a bunch of Gunship Pilots at the Berkshire Mall.

He picked me up 3, so I now have a total of 4. Enough for my Gunship. :)

Darth Detori
10-03-2002, 10:34 PM
christ! now the question is, do you have enough pilots? ;)

Prince Xizor
10-04-2002, 01:18 AM
I meant he picked me up 3 pilots so I have a total of 4 pilots and 1 gunship.

I hope to get another gunship in the future though. :)

Darth Detori
10-04-2002, 10:08 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhh- cool!
I plan on getting four when I find them; if only to take up space in the gunship ;)

Prince Xizor
10-04-2002, 10:27 AM
I asked the guy at Kay Bee if they plan on getting anymore in soon, and he told me that he was positive that they would be soon.

I don't know if it was a bullsh*t excuse, or he was telling the truth. But I would check there for new figures often enough.

Darth Detori
10-04-2002, 06:24 PM
wednesday is when they always get in new shipments, so count on that.
Wow! good pull today! first I went to wal-mart amherst: nothing. then TRU Nashua, and I got the last Anakin and Padme Unleashed. No Vaders.
Then I went to Target- nothing of personal interest, though they had one of each of the new action fleets: Naboo Starfighter, Dooku's Sailship, and the AT-TE (I was tempted to buy the AT-TE). They also had the new Two Towers deluxes (pippin with Grishnak, Merry with Ugluk, and an Elven archer with an uruk-hai).
Not much to speak of in the rest of the mall. I finally went to buy the T-800 Endoskeleton and got the last one. As I put it on the counter the guy asked me if I was a McFarlane fan (I've talked to him on several occasions; he's cool), and I said yes, so he went in the back and brought out a fresh case of the Movie Maniacs line. So I threw in a hair-down Sarah Conner as well.
Then I wound up in Manchester hours later; and KB there is FLOODED with TA Anakins, ST Mauls, CA Padmes, and Yodas! (that's the depressing thing about this hobby- the hard-to-finds of today are the pegwarmers of tomorrow :p). Well I didn't have the CA Padme yet (she kinda sucks :p) so I got that, and had a nice little talk with the super-hot girl that works there.
and then I went to Planet X to reserve virtually every game in the world, and noticed they had the Crazy Taxi figures and Baby and Gongon Monkey Balls. I didn't get them though, but still.

still, a great pull for today! I do very much like Padme Unleashed ;)

Master ToNone
10-04-2002, 06:45 PM
Burlington KB today had didely. Actually they did have the JediStarfighter with Obi-Wan pack in. 21.99 which isn't that bad considering you get both...but I have both. Oh well. They also had plenty of 12 inch Clonetroopers with red or yellow stripes.

Debating on getting DOOKU's Solar Sailer. While the concept is amazing, the pics on the net make it look cheesey. Any thoughts on it Detori?

Darth Detori
10-04-2002, 07:18 PM
it'd be great if not for the clear piece of plastic coming out the back of the main ship to support the wires for the sails.

Prince Xizor
10-05-2002, 06:18 PM
I just came back from Nashua again, and there was only a couple of things worth mentioning. First, in Kay Bee there was a bunch of Clone Troopers and Count Dookus. And at the TRU the Reek's were on super discount for $9.99. That's about all. Oh and Newbury Comics has a bunch of wicked cool Star Wars standups. I picked up a Yoda, and there was still a Anakin, ROTJ Boba Fett, Tusken Raider, and Obi-Won left.

Hellzer
10-05-2002, 11:47 PM
Well the impossible happened today. I finally found NEW FIGURES!!! :D :crazed: :D at the Burlington Mall KB. They had a few CA Padme's and 1 single solitary Jango Pilot, which is now in my possesion. The funny thing is I'm so jaded now that I wasn't even going to stop at any KBs, even though most of you other guys found new stuff there. I was in the mall anyway though, so I had to check the place out. Now I'm glad I did. Since I've got Anakin and Maul in transit from Amazon, the only other figure I wanted was Jango to pilot the unmanned Slave-1 I have hanging from my ceiling. Now I'm all set until the new Jedi figures come out down the road.

Also, just remembered that I spotted the Gunship at the Woburn TRU.

Master ToNone
10-06-2002, 01:29 PM
Hellzer, Nice score.

Hey, how do you hang the ships from your ceiling? I've been considering it, but am not very handy and don't want it to look tacky. Thanks...

Darth Detori
10-06-2002, 09:25 PM
lol, well not to make a bad pun, but... I use tacks. Just simple poster tacks. Then I also tie fishing wire around the pin then around the vehicle. It works on lighter vehicles. On others, you could use screws or something I suppose

Prince Xizor
10-06-2002, 10:45 PM
Hey guys. I just went back home for the weekend. Checked at all the usually spots and there was nothing of Star Wars note. Except that Walmart had a big hole in the middle of the pegs, guessing that they got some new stuff in and it sold.

But I did find the new Two Towers toys at KB. I picked up the SUPER AWESOME Legalos toy. Holy Crap, BUY THIS TOY. I don't care if you don't collect LOTR toys, or if you don't even like the movie, you will not be disapointed at all.

Darth Detori
10-07-2002, 06:28 PM
really??? I was looking for an excuse to buy it ;)

what I'm REALLY waiting for is the Sauron figure. HOOOOOOOLYYYY **** that's gonna be a sweet figure. By my figuring, he'd be around 11" tall.
I'll probably also get Faramir, Eomer, Theoden, and of course- Gandalf the White. (and Gollum, and Treebeard)

Prince Xizor
10-07-2002, 09:04 PM
Yes, the Sauron figure will be beyond cool.

I am going to pick the new Aragon, Sauramon, Gandolf, and maybe some others. Probably the new Hobbits.

Hellzer
10-08-2002, 12:16 AM
Hey, I found TA Anakin and ST Maul..........in my mailbox today! That was the easiest find ever.:p I did actually see a few Anakins and some Padmes at the Rt. 1 Saugus KB. Nothing else of interest however there or anywhere else I went.

I also finally scored a Ram-Man today too, at JC Penny of all places. Hooray for me!

Originally posted by Master ToNone
Hey, how do you hang the ships from your ceiling? I've been considering it, but am not very handy and don't want it to look tacky. Thanks...

All you need is a few fisheye hooks, some good strong fishing line, and a friend or relative to hold the ship up for you. Only do it by yourself if you like your toys being repeatedly smashed against the floor. I actually have all of my ships in the corners of my bedroom ceiling, which makes them a lot more stable as well as easier to hang.

Darth Detori
10-08-2002, 08:39 PM
wow- I'm glad you recommended Legolas, because DA-YUM! This is one SWEET figure! Beyond the incredible articulation, just look at the detail on his arms... his boots, his bow, his quiver... amazing!
In fact I was so wowed by it that I got the Easterling as well, which features psychotic detail, equaling even Todd McFarlane's work! all along his shield are these tiny tiny writings, and they're all engraved! and if you look closely at every little pleat of armor you can see writing on it as well. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

definantly the best figures I've picked up since my last Stikfa (beating out the terminator Endoskeleton, if only for play value). I can't wait for Eomer (LOVE that helmet), Gandalf the White, and the rest of the fellowship. I passed up most of the first line, but this time... ohhhhhhhh no.

Prince Xizor
10-09-2002, 10:25 AM
See, I told you. Incrediable Toy. And can you believe its Toy Biz?

Darth Detori
10-09-2002, 08:57 PM
I know! This is the kind of quality you'd usually see from McFarlane or Kayodo.

I checked the Pheasant Lane Mall today- nada :P

Les S
10-10-2002, 01:52 AM
I went to a mall in Western MA and was at the ATM near the KayBee when a girl that works there came out and told me to come in when I was done. Now I haven't been able to find any of the new figures and I do normally drop by each week but this week I hadn't planned on it. I walk in and she hands me a box and tells me to open it. She had saved me a Tatooine Anakin, Pilot PadMe, Lott Dodd, Watto, Tusken Raider, & Darth Maul! I had seen pictures of them here on the board but this was the first time I had seen them 'live'. Pretty neat figures! So check you local KayBee, she said other KayBees should get some new stuff as well.
Les S.

Prince Xizor
10-10-2002, 10:54 AM
What Kaybee are you talking about Les S? Is it the one at the Hampshire Mall, because there is an ATM right outside that one? Or maybe the Berkshire mall?

Les S
10-10-2002, 11:31 AM
Hi,
Yes, the Hampshire Mall. Wow, finally someone else from Western Mass! Welcome!
Les S.

Prince Xizor
10-10-2002, 01:58 PM
Yeah, no kidding, I have been the only one from Western MA for awhile now. What town do you live in?

I am actually going to Umass in Lowell right now, but at the end of the semester I am going back home permenetly, transferring to UMass Amherst. My hometown, though, is Ashfield. (Its a back-*****-woods town, if you don't know where it is.)

Les S
10-10-2002, 02:29 PM
I live right outside of Amherst in the town of Leverett. I know where Ashfield is as I have friends in Goshen. Wow, finally someone who knows the area. LOL Back in May & June I was posting areas of what figures I saw but I don't think it did anyone any good because I was the only one from my area. <g>
Les S.

Master ToNone
10-10-2002, 07:32 PM
Hampshire mall to route 9 to Amherst Center to the greatest eatery in all the galaxy...Antonio's Pizza by the Slice. Tortelini and pesto baby!

Les S
10-10-2002, 07:50 PM
Wow! More people actually know that my side of Mass does exist. <g> I went back in to KB again today and they had several Yodas & Dookus on the shelf. (In case anyone happens to still be looking)
Les S.

Darth Detori
10-10-2002, 09:42 PM
ugh- working 12 hours days is taking SUCH a tole on my hunting ;)

and everyone raise your hand who hates where Target Nashua's recently placed their toy department! ::raises both hands::

Prince Xizor
10-10-2002, 11:42 PM
Les, I will be hitting the Hampshire and Holyoke Malls this weekend, and the Northampton Walmart. I pretty much have everything that I need except for Maul Sith Training and Lott Dodd, everything else I either have or don't want. Oh yeah and I need 2 more Republic Gunship Pilots, then I am set until the release of EPHANT MON.

And Detori, yeah the new toy section for Target sucks *****, stupid friggin Halloween section. By the way, were are you working?

Darth Detori
10-11-2002, 08:24 AM
now xizor- don't get greedy with the gunship pilots ;) if you find a load, hide some and tell me ;)

and I'm working at Photos Plus in Milford, in Shaws Plaza

Prince Xizor
10-13-2002, 01:04 AM
Hey Les, if you are looking for any Gunships, there is like 10 of them at the Target in the Holyoke Mall. And I think TRU has a couple as well.

Les S
10-13-2002, 01:21 AM
Really? Thanks! Now I know where I'll be going tomorrow!
I haven't seen a gunship in a store yet.
Les S.

Darth Detori
10-14-2002, 09:05 AM
last night I saw what I'm pretty sure were all the accessory sets at Target Nashua

Prince Xizor
10-14-2002, 01:24 PM
The Walmart in Northampton had the Electronic Obi and Jango. That was the first time I had seen either of them. Whoopadeedoo.

Master ToNone
10-14-2002, 06:08 PM
Danvers TRU - 2 Gunships, 12 inch Dooku wave with Zam, and SBDroid (only Dooku is any good.) About 25 Luke with Tauntaun that will never ever sell for $60 I can only hope when they sell those things for $20 like they should, I'll be under 50 years old.
- Also, I found 3 3/4 Zam with Clawdite mask, as well as, Luminari. Only a few...hundred left.

KB Danvers Mall- Found Dexter Jettster and Ani Peasent Disguise!! Yes.

Darth Detori
10-14-2002, 11:19 PM
oh, I also saw the stupid-looking electronic interactive anakin saber at Wal-Mart in Manchester.

Hellzer
10-15-2002, 05:36 PM
Spotted a Clone Pilot, Tusken w/ Massif, and 2 Jango Pilots at the Beverly KB this afternoon.

Prince Xizor
10-15-2002, 08:43 PM
You saw the Tusken? Cool, That must mean the Lott Dodd wave is starting to show up around here. We are actually up to date with Figures!

Darth Detori
10-16-2002, 10:03 PM
jesus christ, it's a miracle!

actually, newbury did have the lott dodd wave, but, well, ya' know :p

boss nass
10-16-2002, 10:20 PM
Found Lott Dodd,Ki-Mundi,Watto,12in jango Elec,and Obi Wan Elec at KB in Methuen.
Has anyone seen the Vader Unleashed anywhere?

Prince Xizor
10-16-2002, 10:40 PM
Nah, I haven't seen Vader anywhere. I think Detori has it though.

Darth Detori
10-17-2002, 07:41 PM
yeah, I've got it. Had to travel for it, though. Framingham Mass TRU.
Manchester TRU had one Anakin unleashed as well, but that's it.

Wal-Mart Amherst has the new 12", a bunch of the electronic figures (the big ones, 12" I believe), and AN ACKLAY!!!!!! I was amazed! didn't get it though, but still. That would make it my third acklay sighting TOTAL.

Hellzer
10-19-2002, 06:51 PM
Found a whole slew of TA Anakin, ST Maul, CA Padme, and a few Ki-Adi Mundis at the Revere TRU. That's the first time I've seen them all at once. They also had about 5 or 6 gunships as well.

Darth Detori
10-20-2002, 08:39 PM
Nashua Target had a bunch of yoda deluxes today, MUCH to my surprise!

Prince Xizor
10-21-2002, 12:47 AM
Target is still the only place I have encountered the Deluxe Yoda and 3PO.

Darth Detori
10-21-2002, 02:25 PM
I'm heading over to Salem tonight- my report later!

Darth Detori
10-21-2002, 08:26 PM
oh, how could I forget? Toys R Us Manchester had two AT-ST's, and a bunch of gunships

Prince Xizor
10-22-2002, 12:25 PM
AT-ST's? Really? How much were they?

Darth Detori
10-22-2002, 08:03 PM
hmm... $20? $30 maybe? I don't recall

Darth Detori
10-23-2002, 09:55 PM
ok, ONE acklay in the manchester Wal-Mart, and they had the second wave (I think) of LOTR figures at KB in the Mall of NH. this included Eomer (which I was going to get, but he looked really dorky), Rohirrim, Saruman (which I ALMOST got, but he was basically a re-paint with an eye of Sauron palantir, and his eyes were red), Grima Wormtongue, and Aragorn (which is the SAME DAMN THING as the last Aragorn figure)

Prince Xizor
10-23-2002, 10:27 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I also saw the TT Toys at a Toy Works back in W. Mass. I picked up Saruman because I did not have the Fellowship one. And yes I saw the Aragon too. What a rip-off. BUT I have found the best Aragorn to date. Its the one packed in the his horse. I bought it that same day, and it rules! It only comes with a sword but it's still leaps and bounds above the Aragorn/Striders they are already offering. I am thinking of buying the single Aragorn just so I can have the accesories for my better one. If you see it, buy it.

Darth Detori
10-24-2002, 09:08 PM
I did see it, it just looked like a car ran over his face :\
I'm personally waiting for Sauron. I WILL be getting that

Prince Xizor
10-24-2002, 10:02 PM
Boy Did I hit the Jackpot today!! First I went to the Target and Kaybee up in Nashua, and while there was nothing in Kaybee, I found 2 things in Target. First, there was the 3PO deluxe set. No Yoda, but 2 3PO's. I already have it, but its worth getting for those who don't. Then I happen to look to the end of the aisle, and there was a bunch of the Maul/Jango Unleashed sitting on a clearence shelf. Guess how much? $3.99! Yep, only 4 bucks. Right away I picked up the Maul one, I don't really like the Jango but I might go back to pick it up some other time.

Then I went to TRU down the road and Hell Yeah! It seems the Hasbro guy showed up there because all that was left were the Obi-Wan Wave and a slew of TA Anakins and ST Mauls! Not to mention some Yodas, Dooku's, and HD Anakins! I was about to jet out of there when I looked a little to my right and noticed the current Holy Grail of Star Wars toys... Vader Unleashed! The thing is sitting on my desk right now, and let me tell you its Awesome! Needless to say, I went home happy.

Darth Detori
10-25-2002, 12:20 PM
cool! unfortunantly it kind of defeats the purpose of todays trip, since I was going to go up there...

to manchester! Where I will check for figures and hit on the hot chick that works at KB!

Darth Detori
10-25-2002, 04:54 PM
today was a good day for collecting indeed!

Toys R' Us Manchester had oodles of Ki-Adi's, Teemto's, and a few Tuskens w/massiff's, Lott Dodds, and I believe there were three wattos hidden among the pegs.

Master ToNone
10-25-2002, 05:39 PM
Yes it is time to hit TRU:
I won't even mention how P*$$ed I am about the scalpers raiding every single clone pilot...
REVERE TRU- Jango Pilot - about 15. Anakin T n' A, Maul Sith Training, CA Padme...all loads. Dooku and Yoda plentiful. Several Palpatine and massiff (with Geonosian). Also, 12 inch Dooku wave and the 12 inch Electronic Jango and Obi. Loads of Clone Troopers with a Red Stripe. And Zam Wessel.

DANVERS TRU- Picked up a Watto (for whatever reason, I am a fan. They had plent of Dooku, Yoda, T n' A Ani, Maul Potty Training, Ki-Adi Mundi and when I left one Tusken with Massiff (same as POTJ with a spot or two of a darker tan). Also - The $100 electronic R2, Training saber, new action fleet, 12 inch Dooku wave and not a friggin clone trooper. Oh and like 15 Gunships...but no one to fly the friggin things

Master ToNone
10-25-2002, 06:12 PM
Oh and I had to pick up a Mace Windu Lightsaber in the Halloween section. Theoretically I should be too old for such a thing but.... It's just to damn cool. And the detail is very good.

Prince Xizor
10-28-2002, 03:19 PM
The Toys R Us in the Holyoke Mall had Maul ST, TA Anakin, and CA Padme.

Darth Detori
10-28-2002, 07:57 PM
well, it seems TRU is finally back on top!

Darth Detori
10-29-2002, 04:59 PM
SCORE!

ok, here's what happened today: KB had about 10 or MORE boxes of figures; a few collection 8's, a lot of collection 6 ratios 1 and 2. I snagged myself four clone trooper pilots (gotta live large ;), and one Jango Pilot, as well as Star Wars: The Clone Wars for GameCube, which is MOST cool!
Before that, I was at wal-mart in amherst, and I saw a cart in the toy department with AT LEAST six boxes of Gunships, with two gunships in each box. The MORE interesting thing I saw were three boxes or so of the Arena Playset! Two in each box. I didn't actually see them out, but they were there alright. I didn't get one, though, since I'm short on cash at the moment. Still, definantly worth checking out. The endcap with all the figures was empty as well- probably all the 18 recalled figures. VERY exciting times :-D

Master ToNone
10-29-2002, 05:19 PM
Detori,

Congrats

After you've spent a few hours on it, send a review of Clone Wars.
Specifically, I am curious about the gameplay of the Jedi (when you are Mace, Anakin or Obi) even though it isn't a big part of the game. I want to be Mace swinging the purple saber!:crazed: :crazed:

:stupid: :confused: :eek: :crazed:

Darth Detori
10-30-2002, 11:41 PM
the game is great!
except for the part that should have been the best- jedi fighting :p. It's kinda like you're piloting I robot- You really cant back up, they're SLOOOOOOOOOOW, and it's just clumsily done.
But the vehicular combat (which is a LARGE part) is QUITE cool- all the mass destruction going on around you constantly really puts you right into the heat of the clone wars. In the Geonosis level, when the giant droid command orbs get blasted back down to the planet, it really rumbles- the bass is just tremendous, then all of a sudden this huge dust cloud comes at you and obscures your view for about half a minute. it's QUITE cool- and the Gunship... OH the gunship... This is quite simply the coolest craft I've ever flown in a game, solely for it's raw destructive power. Composite lasers are SWEET! You just hold down the button and like, EVERYTHING dies. It replenishes quick enough to keep it fun as well. Just overall this is a very good game, especially if you're a star wars fan (well duh), and is QUITE fun.

Prince Xizor
10-31-2002, 10:46 AM
You got the Gamecube version, right?

I will have to wait and rent the PS2 one.

Hellzer
10-31-2002, 08:30 PM
Well, the TA Anakin wave is pretty much everywhere in large numbers. The North Shore Mall Danvers KB has plenty as well as a few Ki-Adi's, Tuskens w/ Massifs, Jango pilots, and a single Watto that I picked up. I also finally found the new super-elusive Hobgoblin figure there as well, which made me very happy. I can see why he's so HTF. :D

Prince Xizor
11-01-2002, 12:08 AM
Has anyone seen the deluxe Clonetrooper with Speederbike yet? This is my most wanted toy right now.

Master ToNone
11-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Danvers TRU once again loaded and stocked up, this time, lots of collection 2. Plenty Tusken w/Massiff, Ki-Adi, and Teemto. There were a couple of Lot Dodd, but I hate the Neimodians so I paid little attention to it. Couple of Palpatine and Orn Free Ta.

Couple of scalpers there, actually gave me a Clone Pilot : 0
left me in a little shock, and I found another Clone Pilot. One or two more I left for others but don't expect them to be their long. Oh and a few Jango Pilots.

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Next up, but no sign of - Clone trooper on speeder bike. The scalpers that were actual humans who talked to me said they've yet to see any and they hit 2 stores a day. Patience. :sur:

Darth Detori
11-01-2002, 09:23 PM
now, if they're just buying tons of clone trooper pilots, don't assume they're scalpers. Hell, I bought four myself, and I only have one gunship.

Master ToNone
11-02-2002, 12:12 PM
They bought severl Lot Dodd, Jango Pilot, Watto, Teemto. And they spoke of different dealers that they'll see at upcoming conventions... SO maybe maybe not. Everyone, you are right buys Clone Pilot in bulk, but Lott Dodd? Oh and they smelled like they hadn't showered in a few days... ; )

Prince Xizor
11-03-2002, 01:27 AM
Well I am finally all caught on the single figures that I want. Yesterday, I ran into Lott Dodd, Ki-Adi, Teemto, and Tusken/ Massiff. There was also like 3 Wattos and a bunch of Gunship pilots, but I don't want Watto and I have enough Pilots.

So the only thing left for me right now is Ephant Mon. And I am sure he will be popping up soon.

And, of course, there is the new Clone Trooper Deluxe which I want badly. But other than that, I am FINALLY caught up.

Darth Detori
11-03-2002, 05:35 PM
well guess who got the last deluxe clone trooper at Nashua Target today ;)
There are, although, a bunch of Flying Geonosians and Force Farting Anakin's left.
my suggestion to you: get there early in the morning tomorrow. they MAY put more out then.

oh, and they're quite cool ;)

Prince Xizor
11-04-2002, 01:00 PM
DAMN YOU!

j/k. Congrats on the find, I better find one soon.

Darth Detori
11-05-2002, 09:05 PM
WOO! Wal-Mart is BACK! they've got allllllllll the new stuff basic figures, minus ephant mon, which I think were all sold. I'm going tomorrow morning before work with high hopes. I only picked up Endor Trooper, clean shaven. most of the figures are on hangers on the end caps, so walk around the isles in a big circle.
this was at Amherst Wal-Mart, BTW

Darth Detori
11-07-2002, 04:49 PM
I got the Flying Geonosian. It's probably the best one yet! The Flying action is actually pretty cool, he holds his gun well, and looks great!
definantly pick it up (but not at Nashua Target, since again I got the last one. plenty of mega-stupid Anakin's though)

Hellzer
11-09-2002, 02:06 PM
Found Dooku and Mace Unleashed today at the Beverly KB. They still had one of each left after I got mine. I'd elaborate more but I'm late for work. :)

Prince Xizor
11-11-2002, 04:48 PM
Is the Dooku cool? That is the one I want the most.

Hellzer
11-11-2002, 07:42 PM
Dooku's awesome! I like this one even more than Vader Unleashed, and that's saying alot. The interchangeable hands are by far the best thing about him. My only complaint is that (at least on the one I got) his head was turned a wee little bit too much to the right, so he wasn't actually looking where he was pointing his lightsaber. And since the head is in a fixed postion, I just twisted that mother like there was no tomorrow and eventially the head settled in a much better position. Luckily for me I didn't twist too hard.:happy:

I took a couple pictures. Here's one....

Hellzer
11-11-2002, 07:44 PM
And here's one with the force lightning.....

Prince Xizor
11-11-2002, 09:20 PM
That looks awesome! I can't wait to pick it up. Did you get the Windu as well? I am not so sure I am going to get that one.

Master ToNone
11-12-2002, 01:11 PM
:crazed: :crazed:

Just picked up the DVD for 9.99 at TRU as well as the Silver R2. Not a bad way of killing two birds with one stone. Also picked up the AT-TE to get me to the $20 mark.

So for the price of the DVD at most other stores, a silver R2 and AT-TE! It will be a day long remebered....

Also, they have a special star wars section set up with dozens of Clone Pilots. (this was Danvers TRU)

Darth Detori
11-13-2002, 10:25 AM
I paid $14 for my DVD. I couldn't find the flier, but then I figured in the end it's really just $4.
BUT I had wal-mart price match LOTR extended, so I saved $15. as did the guy behind me. and the guy behind him who ran the ad back to the 20 people still getting their copies ;)

By the way, if you're a Lord of the Rings fan, this cut IS The Fellowship of the Ring. It has more of every element, making it just SO much more solid. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. six hours of special features too

Hellzer
11-14-2002, 02:30 PM
I needed to kill some time out of town today, so I decided to take the trip to Manchester, NH. I stopped by the TRU there (I think the one you use to work at, Detori) and spotted two Vader Unleashed for those that still need him. I also picked up the new Marvel Legends 2 there; plenty of everything except Dr. Doom. Then I went to the WM up the street and found MOTU Mekaneck!!! :eek: :D That pretty much blew my mind for the day right there. Manchester rules all! Too bad it's so damn far away.

Prince Xizor
11-14-2002, 03:05 PM
You found the Marvel Legends??? Damn it, I need to get on the ball. Did you buy The Thing? I am dieing for that toy.

Prince Xizor
11-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Went up to Nashua today. Target had a bunch of the deluxe Flying Bugs and Super ButtPlug Anakins but no Clonetroopers! Damn It.

Kaybee had the no goatee Endor Soldier but no Ephant Mon, damn it again.

But Toys R Us had the Ask Yoda, which I picked up. I think the only reason I bought it was because I needed something that was $20 to get the Siver R2. But the Yoda turned out to be pretty cool. I would recommend getting it if you are a Yoda fan, or if you have children.

Darth Detori
11-15-2002, 03:51 PM
yeah, it looked pretty cool, though I really have no place to put it ;)

Darth Detori
11-17-2002, 05:23 PM
if ANYONE finds the Sauron figure, PLEASE for the love of god grab me one too!

I am seeking it- I am seeking it, all my thought is bent on it

Prince Xizor
11-18-2002, 03:01 AM
Jesus, is out now? I had no idea. I want that toy something fierce!

Master ToNone
11-18-2002, 09:48 PM
is that (SAURON) the charachter played by Christopher Lee?

You'll have to forgive me, I am not a big LOTR fan. I do look for the Lee figures though and found a few at a local KB. It was a sculpt I hadn't seen, but I don't look too much. I know they had some figrest that were 2 towers and others that were FOTR. I'll keep an eye out...

Prince Xizor
11-18-2002, 10:17 PM
No Sauron is the big silver guy in the start of the Fellowship that swips his big *** weapon around knockings tons of guys left and right. The toy is about 10 inches tall.

Prince Xizor
11-20-2002, 04:55 PM
So Is anybody else crazy like me and going out on Black Friday?

Master ToNone
11-21-2002, 07:07 PM
I like the chaos of "Black Friday". I must be sick. So I'll likely go and of course if I am out, I'll hunt, but with the exception of the Clone Trooper on speeder bike, there ain't a hole lot out there for me now.

Having said that, I may be playing Bounty Hunter and Clone Wars because I am likely to buy a system and both games this weekend. It will be a good thangsgiving.

Besides Xizor, there will be some great deals out there. Anybody else...?

Darth Detori
11-21-2002, 10:43 PM
if you're getting a video game right now, I gotta tell you to get Splinter Cell for the X-Box. I also have Metroid Prime, Metroid Fusion, Resident Evil 0, Clone Wars, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, etc. yet I can't stop playing this game! The level of detail is SO insane. For exampleI was shooting out some lights so I could move under the cover of darkness, and I spied a little warning sign. So I zoomed in on it, and you could actually read all the writing on it! Then I was screwing around in another part and I noticed a door. I read what it said on it: UFO investigation office. So I opened the door, shut off the lights (ya' know, just in case), switched on my night vision, and went to the computer where I got an information disc. The memo on it was entirely incripted, though there was a series of numbers on it. Then I turned around and found a door there with a number panel on it; I put in the code, and I walked into this next room- where there were tons and tons of filing cabinets gaurded by a huge metal gate. That was one of the more fun moments of investigation.

In figure news, I FOUND HIM!!! I FOUND SAURON!!! and MAN is he cool! his upper half it very articulate (his legs move, but not too much) and he's McFarlane detailed- IF NOT MORE! every little intricacy in the armor is fully visible. And he looks absolutely totally bad-*****. oh, and his fingers on his right hand come off too! he absolutely TOWERS over the rest of the figures. But then I found Treebeard later- FOURTEEN INCHES TALL!!! Another perfect ten. He's pretty articulate for being of a character who isn't very articulate at all. he looks just insanely awesome- I'm really glad they managed to pull off the character, and this figure removes any doubt that they nailed it. AND you've got John Ryes-Davies voice in action figure form! His lines are kinda cool (with the quintessential "Don't be hasty!"), and his mustache actually moves, and his eyes light up!
Now the only bad thing about the sauron figure are his lines... I don't know who chose them, but they need to be beaten upside the head with Grond (I doubt anyone will get that reference). The shameful ones are: "There is no life in the void" and "Build me an army worthy of Mordor". Uh... the void? what? and that other line is Saruman's line! AND it makes no sense for Sauron to say it! He does say two lines that were in the movie though (from the eye of sauron), those being "You cannot hide" and "I see you". Those I don't mind. BUT this figure would be officially my favorite figure of all time if he said the ring verse in the black tongue; the verse being "Ash nazg durbatuluk, Ash nazg gimbatul. Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul". Nevertheless, it's officially the most evilest looking figure in my owning.
I found Sauron at Toys R Us Nashua (last one though), and Treebeard at KB Toy Work in merrimack. There's one left.

I also saw Marvel Legends series 2 today at TRU (minus Dr. Doom, who was the only one I was going to get. they packaged it now so you can see his face) and Newbury Comics ($12 though :P).

happy hunting!

Prince Xizor
11-22-2002, 01:19 AM
You **** Me Off!!

Just Kidding.

That's wicked cool that you found Sauron. I can't wait to find him. I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I also want the new Marvel Legends. I want The Thing and Dr. Doom. I want Splinter Cell. I want a Gamecube and Metroid Prime. I want Clone Wars. I want Ephant Mon. I want more money to buy all the things I want.

Darth Detori
11-22-2002, 10:51 AM
I RULE! ;)
hehe- actually I even took the whole week off (last week as well, minus the weekends and monday) just to play games, watch movies, and hunt figures. after that it's back to work :p.
I'd also been saving up for all these games too- I even got a new reciever so everything would sound better ;).
I would have gotten the thing, but for some very odd reason they keep ommitting the upper arm articulation! you know, the swivel at the bicep. totally inexcusable, especially on a figure who's composed of many many cracks. Human Torch looked pretty neat too.
Target Nashua has a ton of the flying geonosians (worth picking up) but still no speeder bikes :p. I think the problem there is that they won't put out more speeder bikes (well, new boxes of deluxes that is) until there's more space for them, so I wouldn't spend too much time looking there. I can't believe hasbro actually thought force flipping anakin would sell. for shame.

Master ToNone
11-26-2002, 11:31 PM
Finally

I scored the Darth Vader Unleashed! And it is even better in person. Found it at KB in Danvers (last one). Of course the package was severly dent and deformed as were the others (Anakin and Mace). However the Maul and Jango were fine. Luckily, I am an opener and this little detail meant nothing to me and perhaps ensured that I would get it.

They had a couple of Lot Dodd and Watto figures. Not much else. The original delux line is clogging up the pegs with Force Flipping Peg warmers. We need the Clone Speeder Bike!!! Send the crap back and get the good stuff...

Dec 8. ... Jango comes to the Gamecube!

Prince Xizor
12-02-2002, 02:08 PM
Well, I went to the old TRU on Black Friday Morning. And Boy did they have a lot of figures. Not a variety, but they had a lot. I did manage to pick up the only 2 single ones that I have left to get (minus Ephant Mon, who I will get soon damn it.) I got the blonde Rebel Soldier and Watto. So for me, the only things left to get are the Deluxe Clone, and Ephant. Anyday now...

Darth Detori
12-03-2002, 09:38 AM
keep checking Target for that deluxe clone. Every time I go by there (weekly) the deluxe portion is relatively empty and filled with the usual peg-warmers, thusly indicating that they did open a new box. If I come by one I'll pick it up for ya'.

Hellzer
12-03-2002, 08:49 PM
Both the WMs in Salem and Danvers had the new 12" Zuckas, Dengar, and Imperial Officer wave. I didn't even know there were out yet surprisingly. That rarely happens anymore. Still no sign of Ephant Mon or the deluxe Clonetrooper either.

BTW, for those that found LOTR Sauron, where exactly did you find him and what kind of packaging does he come in? I saw Treebeard and Gandolf today and I'm assuming he's in the same assortment.

Darth Detori
12-04-2002, 09:10 AM
you found Gandalf?!?

and he's in a window box package- think Treebeard but smaller.

Hellzer
12-04-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth Detori
you found Gandalf?!?

Yea, I saw him twice yesterday. First at the TRU in Danvers around 10am, only he was laying in the MOTU section. Then I saw another one at the TRU in Revere about an hour later. I'm guessing he's HTF then. I don't really follow the LOTR line.

Darth Detori
12-05-2002, 07:13 AM
sure it wasn't Saruman you were seeing?
they look alike, and yet not alike, if you can see through Saruman's deceptions ;)

Hellzer
12-05-2002, 08:32 PM
No they were both definately Gandalf the White. I don't collect the toys but I know all the characters very well.

Darth Detori
12-06-2002, 08:37 PM
cool!

Darth Detori
12-08-2002, 08:19 PM
well KB in the pheasant lane mall had Gandalf with Shadowfax- I was tempted, but I really should be spending my money for christmas. but that was shattered when I found the Tortured Souls series II at E/B. that led into a fun little conversation with the girl that worked there, which ended with me giving her my e-mail address. Noich ;)

Prince Xizor
12-09-2002, 12:37 AM
YES! YES! YES! YES!

Well, I hit El Jackpot this weekend! Started off on Friday night when I stopped at TRU about 20 minutes before it closed on my way to the movies. Nothing new in the Star Wars Dept, but as for Two Towers, They had 2 Gandalf The Whites, 2 Gandalf w/ Shadowfax, and a million Treebeard. Like there was at least 20 of him. I only had 10 bucks on me, so the only one I could get was the single Gandalf, but let me tell you it is so worth it. Once you get it open you can really appreciate it. The sculpt is awesome, and he has no less than 4 ball joints! His head, both legs and left arm all have them. His right arm comes with a dumb Staff Action thing, but his wrist actually extends to make it look like he is firing magic from his staff, so it's cool. If you see this toy pick it up!

But believe or not, this was not the highlight of my weekend. My highlight came on Sunday when I hit TRU again before work. I first went to the back Star Wars section (There is 2 of them) and unfortunetly found nothing there, but then I looked at the front one, and nearly screamed like a little girl when I saw it! EPHANT MON! Yes, there he was in all his glory! He is SO AWESOME! It has to be the best sculpt ever for a Hasbro toy. Period. It just so damn cool. And christ that bubble is big, I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. It's HUGE. And now the big guy sits proundly in front of my display of figures for everyone to see.

Now if I can get my hands on that damn clonetrooper....

Hellzer
12-09-2002, 06:44 PM
Picked up the new Trash Compactor Cinema Scenes at the Salem Walmart this afternoon. There was only one left of each set. They also had two of the R2/3PO Christmas set, which I couldn't help from buying as well. There's still one there for those nearby.

Also finally found a Sauron at the TRU in Revere, and Gandalfs a'plenty again at the Salem KB. It seems like we're slowly turning into a LOTR Just Found thread.:p

Prince Xizor
12-09-2002, 08:48 PM
How are the Compactor sets? Are the figures removable, and how articulated are they?

Prince Xizor
12-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Went to Nashua yesterday. Nothing new as far as figures goes, but I did pick up 3 new ones. I got Marvel legends Human Torch and The Thing. And I got the magnetic Spiderman from the new Spiderman line. All three are awesome articulated figures, I would recommened them.

Darth Detori
12-11-2002, 11:35 PM
yeah, nashua sucks right now. Then again I've been up there all week.

Prince Xizor
12-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Yeah Nashua is kinda blah right now, except for the Make Your Own Teddy Bear place. My girlfriend is gonna love that damn bear. And she better cause it cost like $50.

Darth Detori
12-12-2002, 08:23 AM
my friend works at Build a Bear. they're suing them as they're pretty much a direct copy of build a bear. we actually went in there and he pointed out how they use the exact same equiptment, have the exact same set-up, etc. could be interesting ;)

Darth Detori
12-12-2002, 01:59 PM
a good day for manchester!
First off, and most importantly: Toys R' Us manchester now has TWO Sauron's. Get 'em while they're hot!
KB in the mall now has one Gandalf the White
Suncoast as well as GameStop also have the Alien vs. Predator 2-pack; a purchase I couldn't quite justify

Darth Detori
12-12-2002, 02:00 PM
oh yes, and one more thing: Manchester TRU had a few Dr. Doom's as well

Prince Xizor
12-13-2002, 10:33 AM
I stopped at the Chelmsford Walmart today, and they had nothing on the shelves, but there was some pallets of toy boxes on the floor getting ready for the night crew. I didn't see anything on them until I looked at the bottom of the last one. It had 2 cases of Spiderman Series 4. I got them out as quick as I could, and while I was looking for Hobgoblin, I found one better. Venom. Venom comes 2 to a case, while the Spidey's come like 4. The figure is damn cool. The muscles are very detailed and the arm articulation is great. It has no chest joint, but otherwise its good. If you can find it, I would recommened picking it up.

Master ToNone
12-14-2002, 09:27 AM
This treebeard guy looks like a really tall Poggle the lessor

Master ToNone
12-14-2002, 05:09 PM
Walmart in North Reading. No figures. (3 3/4) Plenty of 12 inch including the whole Dengar Wave.

One of the vinyl Jango. No other vinyl figures.

Several Acklays

Darth Detori
12-14-2002, 05:47 PM
I had forgotten about Venom- thanks for the heads-up!
and lol- yes, treebeard does kinda look like Poggle

Darth Detori
12-16-2002, 11:54 PM
Score 2 for Manchester!
today they had a bunch of Destoyers and "new" yodas.

Prince Xizor
12-17-2002, 09:30 PM
Good hunting today. Nashua TRU had a ton of new Destroyers and Yodas, I picked up 2 of the droids. Dropped by Target, and I got the last Clone w/ Bike. Super Cool toy. I am finally up to date with Star Wars toys.

Then on the way back I stopped at the Chelmsford Walmart, and brought a Two Towers Toy up to the register. She rang it up and tells me the total is 3 bucks. I looked at her in confusion and asked if she was sure. She said yep, 3 dollars. So I freaked, grabbed a cart and hit the toy section. I have 2 other friends that collect the LOTR toys, so I grabbed 3 of everything! I came away with like 12 toys for $3 a piece! I have no idea why they are that low, but I'm not complaining!

Master ToNone
12-18-2002, 11:55 AM
Nice score Xizor. The prices will drop eventually anyway. This just saves you the waiting.

Anyone...how is the Yoda Jedi Council. Is it any different that E1 (aside from the lightsaber)?

Darth Detori
12-18-2002, 10:36 PM
he's the exact same.
stoner face and everything

Prince Xizor
12-25-2002, 01:03 AM
Sauron rules. Period.

I got him for a Christmas gift from my best friend, and it is such a damn good toy. He had to order it online, so do that if you have to. Just get it.

Darth Detori
01-01-2003, 12:28 AM
They've got about 6 Saurons at TRU nashua

Hellzer
01-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Hey, I'm back because I finally found something new! Yesterday afternoon I spotted the Deluxe Geonosian and the new electronic lightsabers at the Danvers Target. Still haven't seen Ephant Mon or anything after him.

Have any of you other guys found the trash compactor sets yet? Looks like I got really lucky finding that so early since I haven't seen them since.

Darth Detori
01-05-2003, 07:01 PM
nope- no I haven't :p

and if anyone sees the three new stikfa sets, TELL ME!!!

Prince Xizor
01-06-2003, 01:18 AM
I haven't seen the compactor sets yet, but I hope to soons.

Detori, what are the three stikfa sets?

Darth Detori
01-06-2003, 10:32 PM
They're a Samurai, a fire-fighter, and the Omega Night (with Horse!)

Today I found that Toys R' Us actually carries Stikfas! (in manchester)

Hellzer
01-13-2003, 11:53 AM
Spotted a couple of Destroyer Droids at the Danvers Walmart, and the Danvers Target restocked with a bunch of the original accessory sets. The deluxe Geonosian I saw last week is still there too.

Prince Xizor
01-19-2003, 06:46 PM
FAO in Boston is going under and all there action figures were 30% off. They had crap for Star Wars (only tons and tons of the very first wave.) And crap for LOTR toys except for like 9 12inch Bilbos (which I understand is about 6 inches tall.). I did manage to get Daredevil from the Spidey Classics line. Very cool toy.

Master ToNone
01-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Prince X.,

Doesn't 30% off of FAO prices make the figures like $7 still? Any signs of the Imperial shuttle? Any good E1 or classic stuff on sale?

Hellzer
01-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Found some more of the trash compactor sets at the Salem Walmart again. They had three Leia/Chewie and one Luke/Han. I covered them up on the bottom shelf with 12" figures and Action Fleet boxes, so hopefully they'll still be there for any of you guys that can get there.

Prince Xizor
01-21-2003, 10:36 PM
MTN, Yeah even with the discount the toys are still 2 bucks more than Walmart and Target. God, I wonder why it took so long for this store to go under.

There was no signs of the shuttle, and there nothing else besides Saga stuff and those 25th Ann. sets minus the Vader one.

Darth Detori
01-26-2003, 11:49 AM
I finally found two sets of the trash compactor packs at wal-mart in Amherst. I'm not too much of a completist anymore and money's kinda tight right now, so I passed.
OH! and I also found two of the Marvel Legends series 3 yesterday at GameStop. All they had was Ghost Rider and Wolverine- no magneto :P. I got Wolvie though- VERY cool!
I'm heading to Natick today, so hopefully I'll get my magneto fix there.

Prince Xizor
02-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Found some new things today. First I found the single packs of all the army builders for Lord Of The Rings. The Berserker Uruk-Hi, Grishnak, etc.

Then at Walmart I found 2 of the new Star Wars toys. I found Darth Tyrannus, and Obi-Wan Acklay. I passed on both because neither really interest me.

I hope to find the new Marvel Legends soon...

Hellzer
02-02-2003, 10:50 PM
I almost forgot, but yesterday I spotted the Saga-packaged TIE Bombers at the Danvers Walmart. The only thing was they weren't in the action figure aisle. Instead they were thrown up on the very top perimeter shelf in the next aisle back. There were at least three of them that I could see and I doubt they're going anywhere soon.

Darth Detori
02-04-2003, 06:40 PM
well what did I find today?
At Amherst Wal-Mart they had the saga packed TIE bomber, as well as one Darth Tyranus, and being a Christopher Lee fan and seeing how it was a cool sculpt, I got it.
Toys R' Us Nashua was dead, but GameStop in the mall of NH has all of Marvel Legends 3. I got Magneto, and he's QUITE cool! His base is a busted up sentinel; looks awesome.
So basically I got two old man figures today ;)

Prince Xizor
02-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah I found the Tie Bomber today at Walmart, along with the new Obi-Wan and Darth Tyrannus. After giving Obi a nice hard look, I decided that it was the worst face sculpt of the entire line. Man was it bad. I did like the Darth one, but I already have one of him. Hope to find Padme soon, Or maybe the new Marvel Legends. I really hope to find them soon.

Master ToNone
02-08-2003, 11:39 PM
FYI,

I was in NYC (so it doesn't do us much good) for the last few days and saw the 12inch Padme wave. If your into this line it was better than the pics online. While I wasn't that impressed by Padme, it was much better in person. The fly (Geo warrior) is very detailed and impressive if that is your bag.
The big catch is 12 inch Anakin with mechanical hand. Very good head sculpt and the 2 sabers looked cool. only bad thing was that stupid orange undershirt (Hasbro designer must be colorblind). I'll get him when he comes to the area (he was $31 in NYC and I didn't want to carry him).

Prince Xizor
02-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Finally something new to report!!

At Walmart today, I hit a Star Wars jackpot. There was the following new toys all sitting on the pegs:

Padme: Factory Chase
Aayla Secura
Tusken Raider: Camp Ambush
Jedi Library Droid 2-pack
Lama Su w/ Clone Child
Rebel Officer w/ Face Variation
Imperial Officer w/ Face Variation

and I think that is it. I didn't really have much money, so I could only buy Aalya and Padme. They are both great toys, two of the best so far. The articulation is terrific, and those bases are awesome. Keep it up with the bases Hasbro!

Darth Detori
02-23-2003, 12:05 PM
sweet!
looks like wal-mart if the place for SW at the moment.

all I've found recently were all of Marvel Legends 3 at wal-mart, and samurai and firemen stikfas at GameStop

Darth Detori
02-25-2003, 10:29 AM
lots more samurai and firefighter stikfas in Manchester at TRU

aside from that, the area's pretty dry

Darth Detori
02-28-2003, 05:00 PM
has anyone around here seen Darth Tyranus Unleashed? seems like the TRU's around here are at least four months behind on Unleashed stuff

Hellzer
02-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth Detori
has anyone around here seen Darth Tyranus Unleashed? seems like the TRU's around here are at least four months behind on Unleashed stuff

I found one (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=195615#post195615) waaaay back in November at the Beverly KB. Oddly enough, they always seem to have at least one there every time I stop by, and it's still the only place I've ever seen him. If you get desparate enough, I could pick one up for you and ship it out to you for whatever I paid for it. I've been doing that a lot lately with other toy lines. :)

Darth Detori
03-02-2003, 09:50 PM
well thanks for the offer, but I'll probably find him sooner or later.

In other news, there's going to be another Target in nashua, though it's probably out of anyone's way. Gives me another location though- BUT I bet on the opening day they're going to have lots of the new stuff!

Master ToNone
03-02-2003, 10:32 PM
I've seen Unleased Tryanus in a few KB's. Seems like your best bet DD.

Also at KB, 9.99 12 inch line. Not including exclusive yellow and red Clone Troopers though :mad: . Didn't see Ani or Obi.

They had a lot of stuff marked down, check em out...

Jawa Fett
03-07-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm sure everyone knows but the new Toys R Us exclusive is in stores now. I must say however that I am very disappointed with this one! The Boussh looks fine but I've already got it with the KB exclusive from a few yeas back, and the carbonite Han is just awful! I cant understand why Hasbro didn't just repackage the Carbonite from the Target exclusive. At least that looked good. The light effect is lame and the price ($40) is high for what you get! I think I will pass on this one!

Darth Detori
03-07-2003, 07:44 PM
yeah, really. I pressed the little button and my thoughts were "wow- that's it?"
if anyone's interested, the 12" Wolverine and Nightcrawler from X2 are available at KB

Hellzer
03-08-2003, 12:31 PM
The TRU in Woburn also has the new 12" Leia Boushh, and yes the "carbonite effect" is extremely lame. Good thing I wasn't gonna buy it anyway. They had a whole bunch of Marvel Legends 3 as well for those that still need them.

Prince Xizor
03-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Yep, I also found the Leia/Han pack at TRU. And its crap. Crappity Crap. Crap-o-rama.

Jawa Fett
03-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Any finds in Mass for anything at all??? I haven't found anything in weeks! I never found the clone trooper with speeder bike because the only store around here that has carried it is Target and I HATE Target. They NEVER have anything. All they ever have is force farting Anakin.

Hellzer
03-22-2003, 11:47 PM
Spotted one Droid Factory Padme today at the Danvers Walmart, as well as a rebel trooper and imperial trooper in Saga packaging at the Salem Walmart. Hopefully more will be coming very soon. I really need the new jedis to fill out my display.

Darth Detori
03-23-2003, 11:35 AM
check wal-mart. I've seen a few trooper on bikes there.

and I too saw two factory Padme's at amherst wal-mart yesterday

Prince Xizor
03-26-2003, 12:36 PM
Yippie! Found a whole ton o' the new stuff at Walmart! They had Boba Fett, Tyrannus, Obi-Wan, Padme, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, R2, Aalya, Tusken Raider, Eeth Koth, Teebo, Jedi Analyasis Droids, and I think that's it. I still have yet to find Anakin Secert Ceremony, and Barriss Offee, the 2 I want the most.

I also came upon Wolvie, Magneto, and DD from the new Legends line at TRU. And the new 12" Daredevil at Walmart. That toy is AWESOME. Toy Biz still makes the best toys by far.

By the way, out of all the new SW toys I found, I only picked up Padme, Aalya, Tyrannus, and Boba Fett. I am actually very impressed with the Tyrannus, I didn't really want it at first, but decided to pick it up anyways but I am very pleased with it now.

Can't wait for all the Clone Wars stuff to start showing up.

Master ToNone
03-28-2003, 09:06 AM
KB had some Unleashed figures marked down to 9.99. Jango and Maul only, but if you are interested - good price.

Prince Xizor
03-31-2003, 11:24 PM
Yeah mine too, but mine had a Mace as well.

Darth Detori
04-01-2003, 08:53 PM
well still nothing new around here in terms of SW
BUT I found a set of Clerks Inaction figures at Suncoast today, if anyone wants to know

Prince Xizor
04-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Yeah I found the Clerks figures as well. I might get them, but I shall wait and see how fast they fly off the shelf, cause I could wait until they go on super Media Play clearence.

But in other toy news, I found 2 of the Palisades muppet figures on 75% clearence at a Suncoast in Boston, so I got Vacation Fozzy and Miss Piggy for like $2.35 each. Good Deal.

And I also found the new X2 toys at KB today. They had 1 Nightcrawler, 2 Logans, and a whole slew off Wolives. The Logan and Wolvierene head scuplts sucked the big ones, but the Nightcrawler was damn good, so I picked it up. I would rec-o-mend getting that toy, especially if you have some of the Marvel Legends. I haven't compared them yet, but they seem to be in the same scale, and Nightcrawler is just as good sculpt, and even better than most of them articulation wise.

Darth Detori
04-06-2003, 10:48 AM
oooh! good to know!
the hunt begins for the X2 figures.

and wow- that's a good deal on those Muppets figs

Master ToNone
04-06-2003, 01:09 PM
FYI For X-2 fans, at KB in N.Shore mall, they have the 13 inch super poseable Wolverine figures. What was strange was they had 1 13 inch Night crawler attached to the Wolverine Card. It had absolutely no mention of Night Crawler on the box anywhere and there were a half dozen Wolverine figures also. No sighting of a 13 inch Night Crawler, but that is what the figure on the carded wolverine back.

Prince Xizor
04-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Today at Walmart, they put out another case of Collection 2 figures with Padme, Barriss, Aalya, Jedi Droids, Rebel Trooper, Imperial Officer, and Lama Su. I picked up Barriss because she is the only one I hadn't found yet.

Just need SC Anakin to be all caught up with what I want.

sease9
04-09-2003, 10:49 AM
Prince Xizor-If you pick that Ayla for me,Ill get you the sc Anakin,thats the only one Im lookin for (I could have another Lama su too,since I havent received my case from newfoce yet,and shes only packed one per case...let me know

Prince Xizor
04-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Sorry man, went back tonight and she was gonzo.

But in happier news, I found a new case of Star Wars Collection 1 on a pallet on the floor, and I ripped that baby right open. Grabbed my Ani, hid the Boba Fetts for my friends and went home a happy man! I'm finally all caught up know... until the next wave.

Master ToNone
04-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Target Danvers - Electonic Yoda lightsaber. About 5 or 6. Nothing else.

Darth Detori
04-18-2003, 09:13 PM
and the newest thing on the shelves here is still the destroyer droid.
wa-hoo.

Darth Detori
04-19-2003, 03:52 PM
oh yes, forgot to mention that I found some Gollum's at KB in the mall of NH on tuesday.
he's ok. not bendable enough.

Supposedly The Alien vs. Predator figures are going to be out any day now

Prince Xizor
04-20-2003, 02:26 AM
Found a whole ton of Gollum's at KB the other day. Picked up one, pretty good toy. Not the best, but good.

Prince Xizor
04-27-2003, 11:54 PM
Oh Oh Oh!

Found the new Chewie: mynock and Han: Hoth at Walmart today! I didn't even know that those were out yet. Didn't pick either of them up because they don't interest me, but still a cool find.

And for those who care, Han's coat was blue.

Darth Detori
04-28-2003, 09:56 PM
yeah, I think I'm going to stop collecting Star Wars for the most part. Just Jedi and Unleashed stuff.
First of all, I'm out of room for vehicles. I mean I'm just OUT of room. And I've got vehicles hanging from the CEILING mind you.
Second, they just don't appeal to me as much anymore. Most of them at least. I mean the line is a really big game of hit-or-miss. On one hand you've got Bespin Luke, but on the other hand you've got Taun We. And there are a lot more crappy figures than there are good. I mean Total Control Mace looked REALLY cool before I noticed the stupid wind-up looking doohicky on his back. The only SW figure that I've found lately that I even remotely deemed worthy of having was Darth Tyranus- cool pose, and it's Christopher Lee SHOOTING LIGHTNING FROM HIS HANDS! Hard to beat.
Third, I can't find anything anymore. I mean there is nothing here to be found. At this rate I'll only be able to find the new stuff when they become peg warmers.

All in all, Star Wars figure just aren't cutting it for me anymore. But I'll still keep a look out for new stuff.

Rant over ;)

Hellzer
04-30-2003, 11:44 PM
OMG, I actually found some new figures yesterday! It's been so long that I went back in the MA Finds archive, and the last time I found a SW item I actually wanted was December 9th of last year. Ouch. :sur: That was quite the dry spell for me.

Anyway, I went up to Manchester, NH last night to see WWE Smackdown and stopped by the stores up there along the way. My first stop was the Manchester Walmart and they had some new Collection 1! I managed to snag the lasts of Anakin, Boba Fett, and Mynock Hunt Chewie to boot! They had Total Control Mace as well but I passed on him. Then I went to the TRU up the road and picked up a Gollum. It felt good to finally find some new stuff again.

I went to my usual places tonight and found no new figs as usual. The Danvers Target still has a bunch of the Yoda lightsaber. I didn't expect it to be so....big.

Darth Detori
05-03-2003, 12:55 AM
holy bejesus! Wal-Mart ACTUALLY had new stuff?!?
woooooooooooooooooow

Darth Detori
05-19-2003, 12:03 PM
I FINALLY found Secret Ceremony Anakin and Boba Fett at Amherst Wal-Mart

Hellzer
05-23-2003, 10:17 AM
Big ol' score at the Salem Walmart this morning!

So I go in the SW aisle and find all the usual crap except for one Aayla Secura, which was wierd because I went there yesterday and they had nothing new to speak of, so I knew that there just had to have been some more new figures hanging around somewhere.

Now on the other end of the aisle I saw a ladder, and right above it on the top shelf was a small stack of Saga figures stashed away. I think you can all see where this is going.:evil: Sure enough, I grabbed them all off the shelf and hit the mother load! Hiding away up there was another Aayla, Barriss, Bear Clan two-pack, Yoda & padawan, Lama Su, and the Research droids. Either they were overstock or I just ruined some other guys's day.

They only had one of each, but I passed on Lama Su and the droids, so they might still be there if anyone needs them.

Darth Detori
05-23-2003, 11:32 PM
either way, you win ;)

Master ToNone
05-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Jealous, but hey way to go.

It gives us hope to know that something is out there and people are still looking.

I haven't figured out if I stopped collecting or just can't find anything new. But there are so many jedi on the loose that I'll get sucked back in.

Congrats Hellzer.

Darth Detori
06-04-2003, 09:44 PM
well I found the "Imperial Forces" box set today at TRU in manchester. It was basically a bunch of old figures and accessories, but could work as an army builder

Master ToNone
06-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Target in Danvers had 2 Spider Droids and 2 super battle droid builders. Other than these four items there were no action figures for the 3-3/4 line. Odd...very odd.

The usual Action fleet (solar sailor - naboo fighter) and 12 inch (zam, imperial officer). Nothing else.

Master ToNone
06-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Actually was at KB in Burlington and scored a clone trooper on Speeder Bike for $5.99. It was the first time I've found it and it was marked down! They also had deluxe Yoda that was supposed to hit the shelves around Christmas. It was the first time I saw that too. However, I left that one behind...I am not a fan of that sculpt and I am running low on room.

Also, they had the 12 inch Gammorean Guard - many of them. They looked good if that is your thing, yet I think they will be there a long time plugging up space to keep us from other greats coming to the 12 inch line (Yoda, Biker scout...)

Master ToNone
07-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Grand Army of the Republic...
Blue Jedi Starfighter at TRU Danvers...but is it too late to save this dying thread.

Imperial troop builder also spoted. Is there any hope left?

Darth Detori
07-20-2003, 12:37 AM
I've seen two clone wars deluxe packs I suppose you could call them- the one with the droids, and the droideka deployment thing. I've also seen the repaint jedi starfighter- nothing too exciting though.
I'm still experiencing a drought in my area

zachatack
07-21-2003, 03:07 PM
I found a few things today. At the Toys R Us in Peabody, I picked up the CLONE TROOPER ARMY 3 pack. They only had one left at $10.99. At the KB ToyWorks in Salem, they had opened a brand new box, and I picked up ASHLA AND JEMPA (Jedi Padawans), LAMA SU (with Clone Youth), BARRISS OFFEE and the Han Solo (#25) and Princess Leia (#26) from the new line (which just look like repacks of older figures). They also had a Darth Maul in the new packaging but I didn't get it. At least we are seeing some new stuff....finally.

Darth Detori
07-23-2003, 10:47 PM
AHH!!!
I don't think I've spent this much on figures in one day since midnight madness!

The new target in Merrimack (or Nashua- it's on the line) opened today, and as you well know new stores have new stuff. Well they did. Oh they did.
They had:
-Jedi Council 3-Pack
-Geonosian war room 3-Pack
-Yoda with jedi child
-Library Droids
-Conveyor Belt Padme
-Barris Offee
-Aayla Secura
-Imperial Officer
-Clone Wars Gunship
-Clone Wars Droid Tank (forget what it's officially called)
-Yoda's Saber
and probably some more SW stuff I've forgotten about.

They also had tons of Armies of Middle Earth figures, which I snatched up quite quickly. Very neat stuff! They'll go great on the desk.
You name it, they had it. From Muppets to TMNT and everything inbetween.

I also found the T3 figures at Suncoast today. I got the T-800 with casket and the TX Endoskeleton. The T-800 looks really really good- the whole figure the base, the casket, the guns inside; all very very detailed and absolutely beautiful. And Arnold's likeness is DEAD on. The TX is even better- it's so detailed and VERY articulated. It comes with two extra arms that attach and detach very easily and quite ingeniously. Instead of having to pop a piece in and out it simply goes over a stub with a ball joint on the end- the different arms go over the stub and lightly yet effectively pop into place- this gives you more arm articulation also.
I only got those two because they were frickin' $13 each, but the other two (regular T-800 and the TX) looked very good as well, just not as active and fun to look at.

so yes, today was a very good day :)
oh, and if you can't find the T3 figures at Suncoast, Gamestop told me that they'd be getting them on the 26th

Hellzer
07-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Whoa, this thread is back from the dead :eek:. I thought for sure it got deleted a few weeks ago. Glad to see it wasn't. There's over a year's worth of local SW collecting in this thread. I love going back and reading about all of us hunting feverishly for then-new items that are just pegwarming junk now. :p

A new Target opened up in Salem MA today (as well as a few others around MA from what I hear), and I wish I went knowing the Jedi Council multi pack was out. They better be a little more plentiful than the Trash Compactor sets were.

Hopefully the major drought will end once the Clone Wars stuff starts coming out. I really want Anakin's souped-up Starfighter.

Darth Detori
07-30-2003, 10:13 AM
yet another score! and of all places, it was from Kay Bee!
a friend has a friend who works at the Kay Bee in merrimack, and they were in the backroom where they found some boxes of new figures- among them were Throne Room Duel Vader and Luke, Clone Wars 3-Packs (including clone trooper army builders), Boba Fett w/ jet pack, Flying R2, and all of the re-pack wave. They also had the repacked TIE fighter as well.
So I think the KB draught may finally be over!

Hellzer
08-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Picked up Coleman Trebor and Wat Tambor this afternoon at the Danvers Walmart! They also had Ceremony Padme and the three repacks from that wave as well. I was shocked to find all of them seemingly untouched so late in the day.

The Salem MA Walmart had a single repack 3PO hanging with the usual stuff. I couldn't find any other figures from his wave. Why the heck is he silver, anyway?

Master ToNone
08-02-2003, 10:41 PM
Darth Detori,

That is the biggest score since midnight madness!!! You must have hurt your jaw when it hit the ground. Congrats. What are your thoughts on the Jedi Council?

Between you and Hellzer I was inspired to hit the local Target in Danvers and the TRU Danvers and they had nice empty pegs, some 12 inch Zam and the solar sailor action fleet. Depressing.

And I don't even go to Danvers Walmart because it has been really offensive. Now I read Hellzer is scoring there. Well at least things are looking up around here. Anakin's speeder is going to look cool in that Cartoon network Clone wars special. Perhaps that will spurt up delivery of new stuff around here.

And yes Hellzer, it is good to see this thread with some life left. It is interesting to go back and watch us all struggle to find some figurest that were overrated and others that were a big pleasant surprise.

Darth Detori
08-03-2003, 12:29 PM
alright, because you're all my bro's, I'm going to let you in on a little secret ;)

Target in Nashua has a ton of Clone Wars cases in the back, and they're all street dated for either the sixth or the eigth. My friend who told me wasn't sure which. This means that probably all of the targets will have them as well, and possibly wal-mart and toys r' us.
I'll keep you updated if no-one ends up finding them before me.

Master ToNone
08-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Target- Danvers had the Clone wars ships including the Gunship. Lots of empty pegs and had some of the very first figures with the inserts in them (female Tusken, Typho). The inserts are really starting to curl up on the inside.

KB- had some of the Seperatist army robots and Jedi starfighters. Plenty of Mace Lightsabers too. (big electronic ones).

Target Danvers did have Frodo from Return of the King. Thought that was early to hit the shelves but it looked good.

Darth Detori
08-22-2003, 08:18 PM
wow! good score today!
Manchester TRU had the bounty hunter 5-pack (or whatever it was) with the exclusive swoop bike. They also had Sam and Frodo in mordor attire, as well as Smeagol (variant of Gollum), and a few days ago they had a re-scaled Treebeard (stupid if you ask me, but it fits with the Armies of Middle Earth scale).
And speaking of which, they had the Armies of Middle Earth Bridge of Khazad Dum and Wizard Duel at Orthanc playsets.
GameStop in the mall had the samurai jack figures previously only available at www.cartoonnetwork.com, as well as the Soul Caliber 2 figures- I only picked up the exclusive spawn with mask, which is very cool, and pretty articulated for mcfarlane. Very neat- it's in scale to star wars figures as well.

Master ToNone
08-26-2003, 05:21 PM
same as DDetori found pretty much. THe bounty hunter pack. Also a bunch of the Clone War Gunship -- a whole bunch of those.

And some LOTR_ROTK stuff. the new smeogal/gollum and the minature sets. The dummies who stock the shelves put the Eowyn, small Treebeard and other new figures up above the pegs hidden behind those Airline baggage compartments trying to bogart the new stuff. So I left some out for the lucky passerbys...

Hellzer
09-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Saw a Clone Wars figure for the first time today. The KB in Beverly had a single Clone Wars Anakin in front of the usual Saga junk. I didn't buy it so it might still be there. Also, the WM in Salem, MA had the new Luke and Vader lightsabers.

Master ToNone
09-30-2003, 06:58 PM
New finds - Danvers TRU - Geonosian Fighter, the Bounty Hunter 4 pack (Sing's swoop bike looks very cool) and the Hoth 4 Pack.

In addition, just recieved the Millenium Falcon from Code 3! Very big and expensive...but it kicks ***. Sweet detail, very realistic looking and looks great on the stand/case that goes with it. If you have the money, I recommend it. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :eek: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Master ToNone
10-16-2003, 05:46 PM
If anyone is still out there... I don't even know why I checked but I stopped by TRU Danvers. Loads of the first Clone Wars figures (Anakin, Yoda, ARC), several of the screen scenes (all four of them) and a whole load of Gunships and Geonosian fighters...

chenlembec
10-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Have you guye found the value packs anywhere? I calledd like 4 KB's on Fridaay, aandd 3 Wal-marts, and none of them seemed to have even heard of them. Later
Chenlembec

Master ToNone
10-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Have you guye found the value packs anywhere? I calledd like 4 KB's on Fridaay, aandd 3 Wal-marts, and none of them seemed to have even heard of them. Later
Chenlembec

I haven't seen anything, but I don't have a Kmart around and I think that is one of their big sellers. Look for a super Kmart.

Kevin Gianotto
10-27-2003, 08:28 PM
Master--

KB Toyworks at Seven Corners in Arlington has a bunch of them. Not sure if this is close to you, but wanted to let you know.

Kevin

Davros224
10-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Wal Mart in Lunenburg has Clone Wars Anakin, Yoda, and ARC Trooper. Wal Mart in Gardner has Clone Wars Obi Wan, Mace, Anakin, DFC Padme, Ashla and Jempa, Yoda and Chian, the Maul and Leia repackaged figures, and many Pilot Padmes. Any stores out there have the Geonosian war room 3-pack (either one)?

Master ToNone
10-29-2003, 11:24 AM
TRU Danvers had the Geonosian war room - both 3 packs about a week ago. They also had both Jedi Council scenes.

Davros224
10-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Has anyone seen the Library Research Droids?

Master ToNone
11-18-2003, 08:40 PM
I haven't seen much of the Library droids. Only a couple of times at Walmart and they haven't had much in a long long time.

However...Kebco.com has them in stock for 6.99 and they have 25% off for the next month (and a deal on shipping I think).

Worth a look.

Davros224
11-19-2003, 10:49 AM
The Gardner Wal Mart had sucked for a long time. From Jan-August they had twenty Coruscant Padmes and 5 Palpatines. They got a single case of figures in August, but the last month has been great.

As of last night they have Clone Wars asst 2, Offee, Secura, Padme Wedding, Yoda and Chian, Ashla and Jempa, Coleman Trebor, WA-7, Dannyl, and the Han, Maul, Leia repacks

The reason I mentioned the Library Droids is that they are the only figure of the first 27 of 2003 I don't have. Ordering online for one figure seems a bit odd,

Also has anyone in MA seen Ach Med, Palpy or the Nightclub/Dignitaries wave?

Darth Detori
11-20-2003, 10:27 PM
well TRU in Nashua NH got in the two newest waves of Unleashed's. The newest (with Yoda, Fett, and Han) are likely gone, but they've got tons of the sidious wave.

The wal-mart in manchester had the new clone wars windu and obi-wan as well.

Master ToNone
11-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Sat. Walmart Danvers: Holy cow Batman, new stuff. it looked like there were just a few peg warmers. But of the maybe 10 figures - 2 Padme wedding, 1 LT. faytoni, 1 Coleman Trebor with the new packaging (gold stripe on side.), Yoda and Chian (2), and several Aayla and Bariss O. I didn't check anywhere else.

Master ToNone
12-11-2003, 08:41 PM
found the Ultra Reiken and C 3PO with escape pod at TRU (Revere) today. Pretty big packages and not bad figures (not great, but not bad). Kind of surprising to find something so new anymore. :eek:

Hellzer
12-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Hey, I'm back, because I finally found some new stuff worth mentioning. Now I know I've said it before, but today I truly hit the MOTHERLOAD at the Danvers TRU. Here's what I picked up at that one store alone.

Deluxe Gen. Rieekan
Deluxe Wampa
Unleashed Boba Fett
Unleashed Yoda
Clone Wars Durge
Clone Wars Durge w/ swoop bike
Clone Wars Super Posable Clone Trooper (2)
Clone Wars Kit Fisto
Clone Wars Saesee Tiin

For the first time ever I had to get a shopping cart to carry around all that stuff. They still had at least one left of everything listed above (quite a few Clonetroopers especially) when I left around noon today. So haul *** over there if you need any of those.

I also snagged Bail Organa and the Imperial Dignitary at the Danvers Target, the only ones they had of each. I hope the rest of you guys have the same good fortune that I had today in the near future. It's a nice change of pace.

Master ToNone
12-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Any Assaj Ventress?

Hellzer
12-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Any Assaj Ventress?

Nope. Not a one. I really scoured the pegs and the surounding area too but no such luck. 80% of what they had was Clone Wars wave 3 anyway.

Darth Detori
12-14-2003, 12:57 AM
you know, I THINK I saw one or two of her at a Target somewhere. Could have been wal-mart also though- my memory is a bit hazy.

I've found that Wal-Mart is the place to go for super poseable clone troopers at least. I got the last one at the Amherst Wal-Mart last night, and I snagged three at the Manchester wal-mart today (one remaining). Mighty fine figures!

Hellzer
12-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Stopped by the Danvers TRU again tonight just because I was in the area and hoped to find some more of the new clonetroopers, but they were all out of CW wave 3. Luckily for me though, they did restock with a bunch of CW wave 2! I finally scored an Asajj Ventress, and they had three more of her left as of 6pm tonight. They also had one Durge and plenty of Mace and Obi-Wan. On top of all that, they ALSO had some of the Outlander Club wave, with a few Obi-Wans, Even Sleazbagganos, and the red Twi'lek lady.

Master ToNone
12-20-2003, 11:59 PM
While searching for the super possable clone trooper, I hit Danvers Target and landed some great finds. Fan's choice #4 Stormtrooper. there were probably 6 when I left. Plenty of Imperial Dignitery from ROTJ (Janus Greentree...or something like that). Bail and Padme (Lars Homestead) were everywhere. And they had the 12 inch Leia on her speederbike.

The McQuarrie stormtrooper is really cool and a consolation prize for the SP clonetrooper which I can't find. Saw Asaaj earlier in the week at Danvers TRU and passed (a moment of stupidity I think - figured I'd wait till after Christmas).

Hellzer
01-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Went out this morning looking for the 12" Liea Speederbike for $13, but strangly had no such luck finding one anywhere. I swear that someone went to every store in the area and snagged them all at once. Danvers, Saugus, Salem, and Woburn Targets were all sold out. I did however find the Hoth wave at the Saugus and Salem stores, and finally scored a Hoth Luke. The animated figures are out in droves as well.

Did any of you other guys find Liea for the clearance price?