PDA

View Full Version : MA finds

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Fwad
01-09-2004, 07:34 PM
I found 2 last night at about 5pm at the Woburn Target.
Went out this morning looking for the 12" Liea Speederbike for $13, but strangly had no such luck finding one anywhere. I swear that someone went to every store in the area and snagged them all at once. Danvers, Saugus, Salem, and Woburn Targets were all sold out. I did however find the Hoth wave at the Saugus and Salem stores, and finally scored a Hoth Luke. The animated figures are out in droves as well.

Did any of you other guys find Liea for the clearance price?

Master ToNone
01-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Any one see the super poseable clone trooper lately? I am still searching high and low for it. I've found Hoth Luke at the Target in Salem.

I was at a few Target's and didn't see Leia on the Speeder bike but I think they are moving everything around and it might be out of place.

Darth Detori
01-11-2004, 01:02 AM
I'd say check wal-mart. That's the only place I've seen them so far

Master ToNone
04-18-2004, 03:56 PM
It has been so long...

Found the Red Leader X wing with figure today at Danvers TRU. Not that great and the figure looks cheep.

They also had deluxe Jabba, along with the Rumble in the Rain Kenobi and Fett.

Hoped to find some Clone Wars figures ie the super articulated clone trooper. However, they didn't have any new action figures from that line (just deluxe Durge and clone trooper)

It had been so long since I even considered looking. But soon...the original trilogy line the EIII. Will I even care though.... :ermm:

Darth Deering
04-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I recently went to K*B at the Providene Place Mall and found all of the recent scene packs (Jedi Temple x2 and Separatists x2) for 7.99 each. I also got 20% off because I bought all 4 (over $30) so they actually came to $6.39! I'm not sure if this is the same at all K*B's, but it's likely. I know it's in RI by the way, but I'm from Seekonk and the malls about 10 mins away.

Great thread by the way, thanks! :greedy:

Master ToNone
05-16-2004, 02:58 PM
TRU Danvers had both fan's choice = Dodanna, and Capt. Antilles; Bossk, Dengar, Adm. Ozzel, Dutch Gold Leader, R2 with Drink tray, and Luke - Hoth Attack (no Jedi Luke found). They also had the Jedi four pack with the Geonosian detention force field.

All figures were fully stocked. Shocking to say the least...

Master ToNone
05-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Woburn TRU = they had the Silver Clonetroopers for sale (4.99 I think) and the ROTJ four pack with Blind Han and the 3 skiff guards. Not much else though...

Master ToNone
07-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Well this thread is collecting dust and I am likely just talking to myself here, but...

The Vintage OTC figures are perking my interest a bit. If anyone sees one anything from this line (the ones with the 1977 card backs), please make a post so I can know if I am wasting my time looking or hot on the trail...

Darth Deering
07-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Master ToNone,
You're right... no one has posted here in a while. I haven't made too many purchases this summer, but I admit, I too am interested in these new OTC figures. I haven't seen any yet, but I'll post again if I do.
Happy hunting!

Master ToNone
07-17-2004, 08:49 PM
today, at the Danver TRU, I found the Jedi Council I with the silver OTC logo. This is the one with Yoda (very bad repaint of Jedi Council fig), Qui-Gon (exactly like the Naboo version, except it looks like it sat on the shelf since 1999) and Ki-Adi Mundi (from E1 with bad makeup/paint, very stiff non articulate arms and then some little dainty legs). It should be called Bad Rehash I with Jedi Council Floor.

chenlembec
07-19-2004, 10:37 PM
How can we get more people to post here? I went to K-mart in Somerville the other day because they were saying that where to go over at rebelscum, and randomly they happened to have one Han and two Obi-wan, VOTC figures. At $10.49 , I could only afford one, and as I am a huge Han & Chewie fan, I had to go with the Han, who is Friken awesome. Best Han so far. I wont say ever, as the future could hold one with a removable vest and ball jointed hip articulation. Wal-Mart in Reading had some regular otc stuff about two weeks ago. The only new figures they had were Dagobah Luke, Artoo & Yoda. Please let me know if you find any VOTC locally, and I'll try harder to keep you posted. I wish we could get a few more people on here though, I mean somebody had to buy the other 3 Hans, 2 Obis wans, and 4 Leia's right? Take it easy,
Chanlembec

Darth Deering
07-20-2004, 11:16 AM
So Chanlembec and Master ToNone, seems as though there are only 3 posting here. In the last several months anyway. I'v been pretty lame myself. I've been so discouraged that I sort of stopped looking. Add to that a major lack of disposable income... I haven't even been looking lately. I've got a Target and Walmart right down the road though, so I'll have to go check out their inventory. It seems like you two might be in the Boston-ish area, and I'm down in Seekonk (which might as well be Providence). I don't know if you two would travel down here for figures, but I'll keep you updated nonetheless. This is the first series I've been really excited about since EI came out. Good luck...
~Darth Deering

chenlembec
07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi Darth Deering,
Wow, Seekonk is a hike. I live in Arlington, and there;s 3 targets, 3 Tru's and a Kmart all about 15 minutes away. Unfortunately there's only one KB, because I guess I couldn't support three stores by myself. I sometime head up to Reading or Tewksbury to hit Wally world. I usually go hunting on the weekends, so I will try to post what I find more often. Take it easy guys,
Chenlembec

PS if either of you are hyperspace members send a VOTC Chewie pic my way. I can't wait to see it, but I won't be sigining back up for the fan club for like another month or so. Later!

Darth Deering
07-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Chenlembec,
I found a shot of the VOTC Chewie on Rebel Scum. Here's the URL...
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/sdcc04/thurs/IMG_7953.jpg

I finally found a few of the OTC figures in my local Target. My wife actually spotted them and picked a couple up for me. Does it get any better than that!? I got Luke and R2 Dagogah. The also had Yoda, but the packaging was wrecked. I've been checking out the Vintage cards from Comic-Con, and they look really cool! Just when I thought I was out (of buying new dull same-old, same-old stuff), they drag me back in!

chenlembec
07-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Hey Darth Deering,
That's some Chewie Huh? Too bad Hasblo has them one per case, at least according to Entertainment earth. When I first heard about the VOTC assortments, I had hope that finally they were going to do it right. they were going to pack each figure equally. and have completes cases at the stores, so you might have a chance of getting everyone. Yeah right. This is hasbro, they couldn't even get the first wave right. I'll be licky if I ever see one of those Chewies. Oh well. Thanks for posting the pic. Later,
Chenlembec

Master ToNone
07-26-2004, 11:14 PM
1 chewie per case isn't going to cut it. Especially because I can already see the Lando and C-3PO filling the pegs with a healthy helping of Leias. Of course finding Boba Fett, Vader or a Storm Trooper will be like pulling teeth.

Chewie looks great but I am unsure if this will be his final version regarding his paint job. One photo looked like he had a dark mustache painted on which would seem out of the blue.

With the superarticulation, Han and Chewie will be prime for some quality diarama building. (damn that made me sound like a geek).

I am on the North Shore and its good to know the VOTC is within my grasp and I am not the only one looking...

Master ToNone
07-31-2004, 01:20 PM
score one for the MA thread!

Using the intel from you two - I went a few towns over to check out a KMart, which I would never have even considered before. After looking around the disorganized toy section, I found the VOTC Han and Obi - Wan!

That ended a several month (probably like 6 months) drought of buying Star Wars merchandise.

Han rocks and makes me want Chewie ten times more, because it appears the figures are a little more scaled and Chewie will be significantly larger than Han...as it should be.

Next up VoTC Vader and Yoda... and maybe Luke...

zachatack
08-09-2004, 12:20 PM
I am happy to report some finds!

TARGET (Danvers) Had the three vintage OTC LEIA, BEN and HAN for $9.99 each. There were at least ten of each of them. They also had 2 of each of the 12" figures (BOBA FETT, STORMTROOPER, LUKE) They also had the Falcon ($49.99). They also had the Unleashed Chewie, and Slave Leias there.

KB TOYS is starting to get the OTC wave. Wal-Mart is also starting to get them. I picked up #1-20 between Wal-Mart and KB Toys.

TRU still only had the OTC vehicles (FALCON, VADER'S SHIP, TIE FIGHTER and X-WING FIGHTER)

Master ToNone
09-05-2004, 08:54 PM
danvers TRU had holographic Luke Jedi, Lando-Skiff Disguise, One of the Musicians from Jabba'a Palace, and both of the new Jedi Council Screen Sceens (with Qui-Gon and the other with Obi-Wan).

They were on the Saga card backs. Still haven't seen the OTC cards. (not inlucing the VOTC).

I still haven't found Luke Jedi...of course I haven't looked too much.

chenlembec
09-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Wow, It been an awsome last few weeks. I was in Nova Scotia Two weeks ago, and finally picked up Dagohbah Obi Wan. IT's pretty sweet, and the canadian card back is cool. unfotrunatley they charge $8.92 canadian per figure, and the exchange rate wasn't that good. On Friday I picked up VOTC Luke at TRU Woburn, and on Saturday I picked up the ENTIRE 2nd series VOTC!! They only had one set though. They are all very cool even if I didn't get to pick the best paint job. I didn't thinl the whole set would be out at once, because I had read they were staggering the cases different from what they originally anounced. I also picked up cantina scene 1 a couple of weeks ago at the K0mart in billerica so those should be out there to. I am not super happy with that set, because the paint job on wuher is really crappy and he looks like Tom Green. The Dr. Evazan-repaint is not that great either. His legs are really long anf skinny, and he doesn't look cool sitting or standing. Kitak KeeKak is the Shizzy though. SO keep an eye out at target becsue you never know when you'll get lucky. MTFBWY!

Master ToNone
11-07-2004, 09:56 PM
found four VOTC stormtroopers. Bought two. Woburn TRU. Ironically, they only had Han and 2 Lando as the only other VOTC.

They had plenty of OTC figs including the whole Dagobah and Bespin wave.

Master ToNone
12-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Bring on the ROTS stuff. There hasn't been any thing other than the VOTC in about 8 months. The new OTC with Pablo Jill is an attrocity with his legs looking like he is a 2 year old taking a dump.