PDA

View Full Version : how do people get pictures of the new figures when.....

hango fett
04-04-2002, 07:21 AM
they are not supossed to be realeased until april 23? AND how do people have them IN HAND on ebay??
let me know...
hango fett (a.k.a ki-adi mundi's bro)

stad
04-04-2002, 11:57 AM
Many of the April 23 figures have already been found in stores, I myself have the first 14 from a Wal-Mart in Kentucky. Before that, some people have connections in Hong Kong to get the figures before they are even sent to stores in the U.S. Usually, not always, you will see these being auctioned from L.A., Singapore, or even Hong Kong. If I go to Hong Kong anytime soon, I will try to make these connections too.

GeneralKenobi
04-04-2002, 12:33 PM
14...I guess I must have missed a figure...are you counting the Battle Droid variation?

Beast
04-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by GeneralKenobi
14...I guess I must have missed a figure...are you counting the Battle Droid variation?
Yes there are 14 figures in the first two collection 1 and 2 waves, here is the list, sorted by the figure's number.

[01] Anakin Skywalker: Outland Peasant Disguise
[02] Padmé Amidala: Arena Escape
[03] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Coruscant Chase
[04] C-3PO: Protocal Droid
[05] Kit Fisto: Jedi Master
[06] Super Battle Droid
[07] Boba Fett: Kamino Escape
[08] Tusken Raider: Female w/ Child
[09] Captain Typho: Padmé's Head of Security
[10] Shaak Ti: Jedi Master
[11] Battle Droid: Arena Battle
[12] Plo Koon: Arena Battle
[13] Jango Fett: Kamino Escape
[14] R2-D2: Coruscant Sentry

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BlahBlahBlah
04-04-2002, 01:09 PM
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Har Binks
--------------------

Jar Har? Should I start calling you Har now?:crazed:

CrossWizard
04-04-2002, 01:34 PM
But what about Nikto, Saesee and Luminara? They are currently being auctioned on ebay here in the US, are those not going to be available on the 23rd?

Wolfwood319
04-04-2002, 01:39 PM
No one knows for sure what exactly will be released on the 23rd yet. When an official list gets out, SirSteve will let you know.

SirSteve
04-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
they are not supossed to be realeased until april 23? AND how do people have them IN HAND on ebay??
let me know...

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

;)

Beast
04-04-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
But what about Nikto, Saesee and Luminara? They are currently being auctioned on ebay here in the US, are those not going to be available on the 23rd?
I think the person auctioning Luminara, Taun We, and the Royal Guard got them from overseas. I don't think they will be avaliable on the 23rd. Originally there was going to only be 14 figures out that night, and then cases of the Jar Jar: Senator wave started popping up in some places, so there may be 19. I think and hope that will all that is out that night. 19 is a perfect ammount, anymore is just a little crazy. Here is what has been spotted in stores, and should be avaliable in decent quantaties on the 23rd.

Collection 1 (Wave 1):
[01] Anakin Skywalker: Outland Peasant Disguise
[04] C-3PO: Protocal Droid
[13] Jango Fett: Kamino Escape
[05] Kit Fisto: Jedi Master
[03] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Coruscant Chase
[02] Padmé Amidala: Arena Escape
[14] R2-D2: Coruscant Sentry
[06] Super Battle Droid

Collection 2 (Wave 1):
[11] Battle Droid: Arena Battle
[07] Boba Fett: Kamino Escape
[09] Captain Typho: Padmé's Head of Security
[12] Plo Koon: Arena Battle
[10] Shaak Ti: Jedi Master
[08] Tusken Raider: Female w/ Child

Collection 2 (Wave 2):
[16] Dexter Jettster: Coruscant Informant
[15] Geonosian Warrior
[24] Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator
[21] Nikto: Jedi Knight
[20] Saesee Tiin: Jedi Master

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Evryone stop posting lists all over the place!!! Auuuggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Okay... I feel better now. :happy:

pthfnder89
04-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Lol

They'd better have Col.2 Wave 2 out on the 23rd, otherwise I'm gonna have to break into the stockrooms and take my darned Nikto!

CrossWizard
04-04-2002, 01:57 PM
Ooh, I see, it's all about the chinese connection :happy: . But what about the Red CloneTrooper, does he have any hopes of appearing on the 23rd or are the Jedis going to have to fight by themselves? :(

Beast
04-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Lol
They'd better have Col.2 Wave 2 out on the 23rd, otherwise I'm gonna have to break into the stockrooms and take my darned Nikto!
I know what ya mean pthfnder89, Collection 2: Wave 2 is I think one of the all around best assortments in a long time. :) How can you beat figures like, Dexter Jettster, Geonosian Warrior, Jar Jar Binks, Nikto Jedi, and Saesee Tiin. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-04-2002, 02:00 PM
...where we're all fighting the Invisible enemy! No Geonosians... :(

Just the couple jedi and the clone trooper. :cry:

Beast
04-04-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Ooh, I see, it's all about the chinese connection :happy: . But what about the Red CloneTrooper, does he have any hopes of appearing on the 23rd or are the Jedis going to have to fight by themselves? :(
Yep, just like in the movie the Red CloneTrooper and his buddies should show up until the need for re-inforcents are desperate, probably closer to the movie opening. I hope they won't be avaliable that night, 19 figures is already a little much. :) Here is what should be out shortly after the 23rd, and before May 16th:

Collection 1 (Wave 2): (Unconfirmed #'s)
[ ] Anakin Skywalker: Hanger Duel
[ ] Clone Trooper (Red)
[ ] Yoda: Jedi Master
[ ] Zam Wesell: Bounty Hunter

Collection 2 (Wave 3):
[26] Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
[19] Royal Guard: Coruscant Security
[25] Taun We: Kamino Cloner

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
04-04-2002, 02:22 PM
So they lied to me. *pounds fist on the table* The scum lied to me about the Red Trooper!! Damn them, damn them, their sources and their damned case assortment lists!! :mad:

stad
04-04-2002, 04:32 PM
Let's all put a April 23 list as part of the signature, so every post will have a list!!

LTBasker
04-04-2002, 05:08 PM
SirSteve said it wasn't an official listing and at the bottom of Rebelscum's post they also say that. Hopefully it's just 19 figures, cause if it's 24 not only does it add more figures to the list but a couple more army-builders as well.

NesteaFett
04-04-2002, 07:26 PM
Well, a little after the 23rd and shortly before May 16th means one thing to me...Greenville, NC won't get them until September! I wasn't at all too impressed with the first 14. Obi-Wan's decent, Anakin can't fight worth a s**t with his arm, don't get me started about Padme, and poor Shaak Tii is frozen in time. However, I do like Jango Fett, Kit Fisto rocks, Plo Koon is on the verge but he passes, and hell, R2-D2 beeps! I'm sorry to say the only figure sculpted the way they should be is Cpt. Typho. Although he's not the biggest character at least he has the abilty to sit down and keep his hands free by putting his gun on his belt. As long as the 23rd gives me Nikto Jedi and Saesee Tin I'll be happy. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Hanger Duel Anakin as long as I can move his hands normally. Ok, that's me putting in my $5. All in all I don't want to be broke, and I know I will if there are more figures. I'm not a competionist, I just like toys and won't be able to contain myself.

DeadEye
04-04-2002, 07:40 PM
These figures are looking GOOD...can the Obi-Wan fight worth a damn? I want him to do battle with Jango Fett...

SirSteve
04-04-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
let me know...

You can do what others do and take Hasbro's images and claim them as your own by stamping them and not crediting the original source.

:D

NesteaFett
04-04-2002, 08:11 PM
Well, as I said Deadeye, Obi-Wan's decent. I'm not too thrilled about his pose especially cuz he can't fit in the Jedi Starfighter and he's supposed to be hanging from a droid. If you put the lightsaber in his left hand it looks like he's just holding it and putting it in his right hand almost gives him an en guarde approach. I do like him though and I think he's posseable enough to fight Jango. Jango's killer though. He's my favorite of the line, so far. I just want a Nikto

DeadEye
04-04-2002, 08:39 PM
ok...thanks. Only 19 days left...

sith_killer_99
04-04-2002, 09:36 PM
Stad, where in Kentucky did you find them? I have seen everything up to and including the preview figs, but that's it.

No early release...of EP2 figures.

BTW, I live in the Fort Knox area.

hango fett
04-05-2002, 07:27 PM
why would a store put out AOTC figs out this early? wouldn't htat make hasbro mad? i mean, they have a realease date for a reason................