PDA

View Full Version : Strange question about obtaining pegs

NesteaFett
04-04-2002, 08:26 PM
I'm planning on getting a few figures to keep in the box on April 23rd. This of course is not strange. The strange thing is, is there a place to get pegs to put the figures on? Like having a toy store in your closet only you don't have to pay for them.

2-1B
04-04-2002, 08:55 PM
I'm sure it can be done. You could look into buying some perforated wood or particle board, and purchase some pegs of whatever length you want. I've seen homemade work benches done this way, and it functions much like a store display rack. As for where to get this stuff, I'm sure some of the large hardware chains carry it :)

NesteaFett
04-04-2002, 09:21 PM
I could make quick runs into the Wal-Mart stuffing them in pants. I'd look funny and experience pain, but it could be done. J/K, I'll look into the wooden frame thing. Thanks!

Amanamike
04-05-2002, 12:38 AM
You can buy that white board with all the holes in it and those pegs at almost any hardware store. Shouldnt be hard to find!

pthfnder89
04-05-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by NesteaFett
I'm planning on getting a few figures to keep in the box on April 23rd. This of course is not strange. The strange thing is, is there a place to get pegs to put the figures on? Like having a toy store in your closet only you don't have to pay for them.

Absolutely NesteaFett! We make cell phone accessories at my office, and my brother bought several of these type hangers at Home Depot so that we could display our products on the wall. The good news is that they were REALLY cheap too, around $4 for a 2ft-2ft board. The bad news is they aren't very attractive. But if it's hidden behind the figures who cares?:)

The only problem is you have to find the right type of hangar for the figures. Hardware stores might or might not have ones that fit.:( We had to order about 100 pegs from a specialty store to go with the wall boards we bought.

I've been meaning to display my figs this way also, but I've been too lazy so far.:D