PDA

View Full Version : Best figure of 2002!

plo koon 200
04-04-2002, 10:32 PM
What is the best figure so far that has been released. Silver Anniversary, BoShek Wave, Sneak Peek.

My fav is R4-M9.

Battle Droid
04-04-2002, 10:34 PM
I only have the Previews & 3 Collection 1 AOTC, so Preview Jango Fett.

Wolfwood319
04-05-2002, 01:00 AM
My Bo Shek and Teebo are painted so horribly, I lost a lot of love for these figures after opening them. But my favorite so far is Jango. I love the detail, pose and blast effects.

GeneralKenobi
04-05-2002, 01:15 AM
I'm partial to Obi-Wan-Coruscant Chase...go figure.

Jedi_Rainman
04-05-2002, 01:15 AM
Darth Vader 2002 25th Anniversary Toyfair Exclusive

Amanamike
04-05-2002, 01:37 AM
Mine so far that I own is the Chewbacca from the 25th Anniversary pack. What a great lookin Chewie!!!!!

JEDIpartner
04-05-2002, 08:44 AM
Chewie...

And now that I mention it... I think this is so funny. I remember a lot of people complaining about how these 25th Anniversary packs were nothing more than statues, but for some weird reason these are the same people who LOVE the AOTC figures!!! HI!!!! Those are statues as well!!!

There is great detailing and accuracy in Chewbacca. He is a statue, but that's part of the reason they created the packs as they did. No gripes from me on that end!

Rollo Tomassi
04-05-2002, 09:12 AM
Ugh...squatter Chewie. No thanks.

I vote for BoShek. The detail on his face is amazing. The paintjob on mine is superb, and that helmet rocks. A classy fig all around.

Too bad he doesn't fit in my Jedi Starfighter.:rolleyes: :(

SithDroid
04-05-2002, 11:01 AM
Preview Zam Wessell. She is just cool looking.

pthfnder89
04-05-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
My Bo Shek and Teebo are painted so horribly, I lost a lot of love for these figures after opening them. But my favorite so far is Jango. I love the detail, pose and blast effects.

Wow, I have several BoSheks and the paint on them seems to be really good. He's definitely my Favorite figure of the year so far!:)

Amanamike
04-05-2002, 11:53 AM
I havent recieved my BoShek wave yet so I never counted those in my decision. And yes Chewie is Squatting, but look at his realism, never seen a chewie look that good yet. Maybe if they put points of articulation in there he would be better for you. But he still is a great figure.

JEDIpartner
04-05-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Ugh...squatter Chewie. No thanks.

Really much better in a statue pack than "posing as an action figure" Jango Fett... no?

Rollo Tomassi
04-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Really much better in a statue pack than "posing as an action figure" Jango Fett... no?

No argument there. Jango Fett and Zam Wesell are pretty low on my "Best fig of 2K2 list" too.

I'd say

BoShek
R4-M9
R3-T7
Teebo
Vader/Ben two pack
Clone Trooper
Han, Chewie, Luke, and Leia
and then Jango and Zam. With Jango being the booby prize of the whole list.:rolleyes:

fourtwo
04-05-2002, 01:34 PM
i like that sneak preview droid, and the snaggletooth. those are the only "new" figs i've gotten. and snaggletooth didn't even appear in the waves in question

brentfett
04-05-2002, 05:00 PM
So far, I would give it to the sneak preview Jango Fett. Yes, he is a staute, but just looks so awesome. Looking at that figure makes me so incredibly excited for Episode 2 to come out.

Sith Lord 0498
04-05-2002, 05:24 PM
Since I've yet to find any AOTC figures, I'm just gonna go with what I have now. Definitely the preview Jango Fett and the Clonetrooper in a close second. (personally though, I think the Emperor's wrath Darth Vader is the all-time coolest figure ;) )

I know many people are complaining about the lack of articulation, but it suits me just fine. The action poses give them more of a sense of life when displayed, and they'll really stand out in my collection. Although it is a shame for all the young kids who are buying these exclusively to play with.

Wolfwood319
04-05-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Sith Lord 0498
I know many people are complaining about the lack of articulation, but it suits me just fine. The action poses give them more of a sense of life when displayed, and they'll really stand out in my collection. Although it is a shame for all the young kids who are buying these exclusively to play with.

My sentiments exactly.;) They work just fine for me. And for the most part I like them better than just a "stand there" figure. Like comparing the POTF2 Boba Fett to the 300th Fett. I'd take the "statue" 300th Fett over the POTF2 anyday of the week.

Besides, action posed guys look better in my dioramas anyway.

Dryanta
04-05-2002, 08:20 PM
I managed to get a Bo Shek with good paint.And I agree that the sculpt of his face is awesome.
But the prize goes to the 25th ann. Chewie. I always loved that poster as a kid and now to have the Figure(s) from it is the best.
Not impressed with "cut throat Han" but the Chewie is great!!
Oh I forgot to mention the squatting issue.It works great for me.He fits under(not in) the cockpit of my Falcon and looks great!!

mark2d2
04-06-2002, 06:52 PM
R4-M9

This figure was such a out-of-left-field surprise and is very well done. Love the groovy green light pipe! Seriously, he is just so dang cool. Boshek though -- certainly gave him a run for the money. The paint on mine is pristine and that face sculpt is dead on. Still, the droid wins by a very slim margin. (Sorry Boshek) And judging from what I've seen of the new figures, R4 will easily keep his crown. (Though Dejas Puhr looks to be pretty dang awesome, perhaps even better than Boshek.) Still, I think the only figure that could blast R4 off the throne would be a certain other droid. A certain other red and white droid . . . Need I say it? R5-D4 of course.

PS --- By the way, for me, the best figure of 2001 was (no surprise) FX-7.

TikiFett
04-07-2002, 06:38 PM
R3-T7
R4-M9
BoShek

Love those droids. And I like how tall BoShek is.

I sure would like to see a redone R5-D4 as well.

corporal AMF
04-07-2002, 11:49 PM
25 anniversary Vader !!

His chain attached to the cape is the nicest detail...! We'll never get tired of more Vaders..

bigbarada
04-08-2002, 03:59 AM
Even though, technically he hasn't been released yet, I pick Jango Fett - Kamino. Removable helmet, working grappling hook, rocket-firing backpack AND two working holsters. In the old days this would be split up as three or four separate figures; but Jango has it all! Either Hasbro is really trying to put out better quality stuff or one of their designers is a really big Jango Fett fan.

Other cool figs would be:
Tusken Female with child
Preview Clonetrooper (no where near as goofy looking as I thought they would be)
Preview Jango
Ben and Vader 25th 2-pack
Han and Chewie 25th 2-pack
Shaak-Ti
Kit Fisto

plo koon 200
04-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Has everyone seen the LuKe Bespin picture. In my opinion, not only is it going to be the best figure of the year but it will be the best figure ever.(until they make Darth with removable armor so we can see his robotic body and burn parts.) That Luke sure beats the old Dagobah Vader.

RooJay
04-08-2002, 08:18 PM
Chewbacca from the silver anniversary 2-pack is, without a doubt, hands the down, the BEST figure released thus far for this year! Finally, Chewie done right! Now let's hope the new Chewbacca w/ C-3PO that's scheduled for release later this year is as in scale as the 2-pack version. I want a Chewie that, appropriately, towers over my other figures.
My honorable mention would go to:
BoShek, R4-M9, Sneak Preview Clone Trooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper, and FX-7. I don't have Jango Fett yet, but I sure he'll be on this list as soon as I can find him (beat the scalpers to him I mean!).

plo koon 200
04-20-2002, 05:21 PM
What is your opinion of the C2 Jorg (George Lucas) Sacul. I doubt we can call him the best figure but I think he may be the most wanted figure. OR, at least he will be the most valuable figure 10 years from now from the 1995-to whenever this stuff ends. I'm not tlaking Vintage. Vlix will remain the most valuable of that.

JediDan
04-20-2002, 05:38 PM
My favorite figure as of right now for 2002 (which I'm sure MIGHT change as the year goes on) is the Toy Fair Exclusive Darth Vader. Now the 2 new Bespin figures might top that one, but I'll have to wait till I hold them in my hand.

3rdamention
04-20-2002, 07:15 PM
I am digging the new Preview Jango Fett. He has that John Woo style double pistol pose. He looks like he is ready to kick some major ***.

But other than that, I really have not seen many of the New figures. I am waiting till midnight madness to buy on impulse.

plo koon 200
04-21-2002, 08:24 PM
What do you think of the pic's of the new fig's. To mean it seems like Dexter and Ephant will be two of the hottest fig's this year.

Turbowars
04-21-2002, 09:49 PM
The droids and Chewy get my vote, did you guys look at his feet, there huge- you know what that means LOL;)

Turbowars
04-21-2002, 09:58 PM
I noticed that some of you guys voted for 25th Vader, he's cool, but I think his packaging looks better than he does. Don't get me wrong I feel lucky to own one and even more lucky to have only paid retail for him. Just think if the packaging would have changed, the Real Toy Fair vader would be selling for $1000+ on ebay. I thank may lucky stars that Hasbro kept them the same. I think I'll start a thread on which is your favorite packaging from POTF2 to AOTC

jobi
04-21-2002, 11:09 PM
I like Dexter Jettster his knuckle tattoos are cool, The Royal Guard looks good, And i think the Rebel Fleet Trooper rules.

plo koon 200
04-23-2002, 07:56 PM
Oh wow! The new figures are great. I am not yet certain which one I like the most but when I do I will tell all of you.

Dexter
04-23-2002, 10:28 PM
I didn't get to my Toys R Us until around 1am this morning, but I still managed to get most everything I wanted.

My favorite of the bunch? No question--Senator Jar Jar Binks! :D

I can't explain it... I hate Jar Jar... or at least I used to... but I'm inexplicably drawn to this figure! It's just so... neat! The robe is cool, the sculpt is dead on, mine has all-stiff joints and a perfect paint job... the staff is great... I have no complaints at all!

I can't imagine many people will share my love for Jar Jar, what with him being... well... Jar Jar... So what's everyone else's favorite figure from the set?

QLD
04-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Actually, he is one of my favorites as well. I can't explain it either. But it was surely done very well.

My favorite is a tie between Shaak Ti and R2 D2 so far. I love them both!

Though I have yet to get Dooku, Taun We, Yoda, Royal Guard, Luminara, or Anakin Hanger Duel from my friend yet. So, once I see them, no telling.

Omega Fett
04-23-2002, 10:34 PM
hmmm mine is between yoda and zam and jango kamino escape

CrossWizard
04-23-2002, 10:42 PM
I cant just choose one, so Ill list my favorites and the reasons for it:

Obi Wan Kenobi Chase- Im a big Obi Wan fan even of the the old fossil, so naturally Im gonna love figures based on him, and with the cool metal hilt for me its a must.

Jango Fett Kamino- Good pose and articulation, removable helmet, and nice grappling hook gimmick, plus its Jango Fett and he opens a can of butt whoop on Obi Wan. Also I found out, if you also have the Baby Boba, you can switch and give his guns and backpack to Jango for the cool blast effects, and Bobas helmet is softer and more rubbery, which prevents paint rubbing everytime you take Jango's helmet off.

Anakin Skywalker HD- 2 lightsabers, cool outfit, nice pose, and the whole spinning arm gimmick is not bad if you have a little crazy glue, some imagination and a bit of patience.

Kit Fisto- A jedi, lightsaber, metal hilt, great sculpt, 'nuff said.

Lord Tenebrous
04-23-2002, 10:43 PM
Crumy limiting gimick aside, Dooku. There's something gaunt and eerie about the sculpt, and well, he looks great locked in a duel with Darth Vader (Dagobah), with mini-Sid looking on...

Dar' Argol
04-23-2002, 10:47 PM
I have two:

I love the Yoda. That PO'ed look on his face, the little metal lightsaber, the "floating" feature!! I love it! The only thing I do not like is the blue force crap. It cannot hold the piece up from the base. It just kinda droops like an old man!! Oh well:rolleyes:.

Luminari. Good pose! I love the whole robes flowing around her deal!! AN I like the fact she is not in those aweful drab brown robes!! The only problem, the hilt on her lightsaber was bent in the package so now it looks like Dooku's hilt. I tried to straighten it, but it keeps going back. Once again, Oh well . . . :rolleyes:.

JediTricks
04-23-2002, 10:51 PM
Dex is my choice for best figure so far.

JesusFreak
04-23-2002, 10:54 PM
Two Favs:

Yoda: I love the little stand thing, and the lightsaber, everything about this figure rocks.

Zam: I just love the arm thing. Lotsa articulation too. Great sculpt. Only thing I don't like is the mask, its hard to get on and makes her face look fat.

plo koon 200
04-26-2002, 09:03 PM
Well, I have made my decision. So far I think as far as playability Dexter Jettster is the best. For detail Luminara Unduli and for overall appearance I have to say that the Toy Fair Vader wins.

jobi
04-26-2002, 09:06 PM
I like Nikto and Shaak Ti a lot as well.

plo koon 200
05-07-2002, 04:39 PM
The figurs at C2 are awesome. However, the new epant Mon figure is the best ever. It is 10 times better thatn any other figure. Its detail is amazing. Also I am very impressed with the Jorg Sacul including the amazing detail on his face. Jorg Sacul is a graeat figure but not the best. Might be the best price wise 20 yers from now. But as far as toys go Ephant Mon is amazing.

mark2d2
05-07-2002, 05:13 PM
Alot of the figures are pretty cool --- but NONE can compare to last years winner ---- FX-7.

Seriously, this figure rocks. Something like, what? 38 points of articulation and a paint job that is beyond perfect.

I currently have mine holding Anakin's gun with a bunch of his arms whirling about sinisterly and he looks downright Evil.

I'd sure love to see these guys pop up in Episode III --- Maybe a whole team of them painted in ultra-shiny black struggling to put poor little Anakin back together again. Now, that would be sweet!

plo koon 200
06-02-2002, 09:17 PM
I got the Luke Bespin and Vader everything is good on the Luke minus the face job. Howevere my favorite sculpt so far is on Orn Free Taa. My favorite is still Ephant Mon. Oh boy I cannot wait to get that figure. I saw it at C2 and if it is actually as big and as detailed as it was there I will be in heaven once I get mine.

JON9000
06-02-2002, 10:05 PM
KE Jango Fett. just an awesome figure- decent articulation, removable helmet, firing rocket, grappling cable, backpack with adjustable rockets, guns that fit in the holsters and a decent likeness. I really love this figure!

Jedi Juice
06-02-2002, 10:33 PM
I don't know. For some reason I feel partial towards the AOTC Padme. I'm not sure why, since there are millions on the pegs over here.....

Sir FanBoy
06-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Well for me im only collecting the ATOC Saga series...

So my vote will have to go to Jango (Kamino Escape) just cause he looks too cool with his helmet and accessories on.

Once i get my Bespin Luke and Vadar then i can make a more precise analysis.

jedi_uk73
06-03-2002, 06:50 AM
I'd have to go with Dexter, great looking figure. Closely followed by Kamino Jango & Clone Trooper (red)

plo koon 200
06-26-2002, 01:24 AM
The new Star Tours figures are awesome. Though not the best figures. The new R2-D2 is cool but I stll like the TF Vader a lot.

MikeAndTheBots
06-26-2002, 01:41 AM
Luke Bespin is my favorite so far. Great Accesories, great articulation, good paint detail, the gimmick isn't too bad (it only really limits how you can move his waist which I don't use much anyway), and I like the "no...that's IMPOSSIBLE!" look on his face.

Jonna
06-26-2002, 01:43 AM
I have to agree with Mikeand the bots. Bespin Luke is the best one I have seen in a long time. All figures should come with their own mini-playset.

chubbychicken
06-26-2002, 03:04 AM
well mine so far would b anakin hanger duel....haha surpirised? i dunno i jus luv the scult the arm thingy cept comes off to easily and the 2 lightsabers....and luke bespin duel....havent found him yet but he looks great cant wait to get one haha

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 09:40 AM
I like Luke Bespin and Anakin HD.....But just by looking at Yoda he looks really cool

Mandalorian Candidat
06-26-2002, 11:32 AM
It's a toss up for me. BoShek and Clonetrooper.

BoShek is great just because he looks like a refugee from a rock-a-billy club (sans pompadour). He has that holstered pistol plus the holdable helmet. Great idea on this one Hasbro.

SAGA Clonetrooper is great for the kick-a guns, the foot stand and most of all the articulation. Plus his sculpt looks so rockin'. Much improved over the Hershey Squirts version. :crazed:

aceguide
06-26-2002, 04:14 PM
I really like Yoda a lot. Even with the limitations he just rocks - expecially the little lightsaber.

Close second is Luminara. Great paint, excellent figure. OK - so she's a statue - but on display she is fantastic!

thespar
07-02-2002, 05:14 PM
I will have to say the two that in my opioin had the best fitgh scene in the whole moive Yoda and Doouke.

Jonna
07-02-2002, 05:22 PM
It ain't over yet, baby!!!!

plo koon 200
08-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Well now that all of you have seen pics for Ephant Mon. What do you think. I have said for a long time that it is the best figure of this year andpossibly the best figure ever.

So far from the figures that are out I will still have to say the Bespin Luke is the best figure but once Ephant comes out the Luke figure will be just a regular figure by comparison.

OriginalBryGuy
08-06-2002, 04:39 PM
I'll pick my fav when 2002 is over. We still have 4 months left!!!

Prince Xizor
08-06-2002, 04:42 PM
Well, Bespin luke was my favorite until I opened up my Cloud City Capture Chewie. This toy f'n rules, the sculpt is awesome and it isn't in a immovable pose. It could use a bowcaster, but I can always use one from another Chewie.

Jek Porky 2002
08-06-2002, 05:19 PM
At the moment it's Shaak Ti but in a few weeks it will undoubtebly be Ephant Mon!

SuperBattleDroid88
08-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Probably by the end of the year Ephant Mon will be the best figure of 2002!

Turbowars
08-06-2002, 10:11 PM
I don't think so. It looks great now, but wait until China gets a hold of it a and screws up the paint. Now I dearly hope not, but the factory has been know to due this. I bet this figure will be hard to get MOMC, just like Vader and Dex.

patchiswelsh
08-07-2002, 09:39 AM
Shaak Ti will eventually end up as one of the top ten

my fav

Lt Kettch
08-07-2002, 09:46 AM
I too love R4 M9, can't explain it, I JUST REALLY wanted this guy for a long time.

bigbarada
08-07-2002, 12:52 PM
Choosing from figures I actually own, I would pick Cloud City Chewie. Although Ephant Mon will be hard to beat when he gets released.

Darth Evil
08-07-2002, 02:52 PM
Probably Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. He looks so Mr. Burns.

Old Fossil
08-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Not sure, but Zutton is right up there. He has a huge head and a drinking glass and articulated knees, plus that funky Space 1999 jumpsuit.

I like Djas Puhr, too. And Palpatine rocks.

So, basically, I am indecisive, and a worthless contributor to this thread. ;>

bigbarada
08-10-2002, 02:29 AM
Ooh, Chancellor Palpatine is a good one too. Easily the best AOTC figure this year, so far. Who need accessories when you have interlocking fingers?:)

Nexu was another good one. Remember he was released as a Deluxe Action Figure not a Beast. So he counts, too.

Beast
08-10-2002, 04:38 AM
Gonna have to say that Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, Chewbacca: Cloud City Capture, and Ephant Mon are turning out to be my Top 3 of 2002. In no particular order, of course. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
08-10-2002, 09:34 AM
Nexu definately. he says my name so he has to be it.
second place to Ephant just because of sheer size and detail
third place to Dexter for pretty much the same reasons
fourth place to Teemto pagalies just because he's cute and I wanted him so badly
fifth place to royal guard for being so much better than the vintage or POTF2 versions
sixth place to Chewbacca just for being posable and big and with a cool accessory (well I think so anyway)
seventh place to Orn free Taa for being big fat and ugly and for being there at all
eighth place to Lott Dod for a late showing but a welcome one
ninth place to Captain Typho for being so neutral and such a brilliant likeness to the actor
tenth place to Geonosian warrior figures across the board, so cool and so weird with ball jointed wings and spindly limbs and slice apart features and weird costume and a cool beasty pack-in. Only fault is the inability to stand on all of the Geonosians.

Here's hoping for more with Poggle the lesser and a Geo warrior and Orray beast pack next year. :)

Beast
08-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Nice choices Jargo. I was considering including Orn Free Taa as well, but I wanted to stick to just 3. He's definatly in my Top 10 though. I'm suprised that Palpy didn't show up in yours, since it's such a well detailed figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
08-10-2002, 11:16 AM
It was a tie between Palpy and Orn but orn won out because he has funny feet that i didn't expect to find on him. I like Orn better for being in his night attire.
Palpy is cool and all but reminds me too much of Gary Oldman in Bram Stokers Dracula. Stick a Keeanu reeves figure next to it and see if I'm wrong. :)

JetsAndHeels
08-10-2002, 11:30 AM
My fav figs from 2002 are:
Chancellor Palpatine
Yoda
Cloud City Chewie
Teemto Pagalies
KE Jango (for all the accessories)
Bespin Luke Skywalker
The forthcoming Ephant Mon figure

Darth Yambag
08-10-2002, 11:27 PM
1. Jango Fett -Kamino Escape
2. Luke - Bespin
3. Clone Trooper -Red Stripe
4. Chewbacca - Cloud City
5. Yoda - JEDI MASTER

Best Vehicle: Zam Wessel's Speeder
Best 12 inch: Ultimate Jango
Honorable mention: Action Fleet Millenium Falcon

RooJay
08-12-2002, 01:21 PM
So what's wrong with Gary Oldman in Bram Stoker's Dracula?

tagmac
08-12-2002, 02:03 PM
Sneak Preview Jango Fett
Yoda
Count Dooku
Bespin Luke
Luminara Unduli
Shaak Ti

Jargo
08-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Nothing is wrong with Gary Oldman in Bram Stokers Dracula, I was just saying that this Saga palpatine bears an uncanny resemblence to the character played by gary in the scene where he licks the cut throat razor. Kinda creepy in an unintentional way. Other than that there's nothing wrong with the figure but like I said, Orn free Taa had nicer feet and squeaked past Palpy in my estimation. :)

road
08-12-2002, 02:58 PM
Preview Zam

Bobajames
09-02-2002, 10:36 PM
looking at all of these votes for the best figure of the year, I'm gonna say that the popular opinion says that Bespin Luke and Cloud City Chewie are about tied! (sounds good to me, i love em both!)

187-Maul
09-03-2002, 05:47 AM
#1 Luke Bespin
#2 Anakin Hangar Duel (don't know why, I just like him)
#3 Preview Clonetrooper
#4 Jango Fett KE/FB (like em both)
#5 Clonetrooper red

rynobot
09-03-2002, 05:49 AM
Preview Jango,I love the pose. :)

patchiswelsh
09-03-2002, 05:54 AM
Shaak Ti

can't wait for Aayla Secura and dlx Clone

Master Goeweins
09-03-2002, 02:07 PM
I am quite partial to Kit Fisto. At the midnight release, he's the one that I couldn't stop looking at.

Then, Luminara and Shaak Tii..... 'cept Shaak has a hard time standing straight even with a figure stand.

abell748
09-03-2002, 02:24 PM
I like the preview Jango the best. At first I did not like the posing on the figure, but then it grew on me. I also like Palpy, Yoda, and Teemto. All of this will most likely change when Ephont Mon comes out.

Sith Lord 0498
09-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel) is the best figure so far. Great detail, great articulation, and cool accessories. All around, it is a pleasing action figure. One that has the detail I look for as a collector, but it stays true to the fact that it's a kid's toy and therefore has a high playability factor.

Palpatine, Count Dooku, and the preview Clonetrooper are also terrific figures because of the incredible details they all have--especially Palpatine and Dooku. The figures look exactly like Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee!!

KIDD
09-04-2002, 12:14 AM
the new darth maul sith training

Chiesa
09-04-2002, 12:46 AM
1. Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack
2. Clonetrooper Red
3. ObiWann Jedi Star Pilot
4. Luke Skywalker Bespin
5. Padme Coruscant

Cheers :D

jjreason
09-04-2002, 02:31 AM
Battery operated R2D2 from AOTC, Luminara and Shaak Ti, Zam with rem face and Bespin Luke

(sorry, the categories were: Best in show, most beautiful statues, best articulation with detail).

The figures this year have been incredible. Best ever (also most ever).

bigbarada
09-04-2002, 02:39 AM
I will hold out final judgement until the end of the year (and until Ephant Mon is released), but my current favorites are:

Bespin Chewie
Palpatine
Yoda
Nexu
Bespin Vader

patchiswelsh
09-04-2002, 07:11 AM
I no this is a deluxe fig but i think deluxe clone will be one of my favorites

Lyet
09-05-2002, 10:10 AM
My favs so far have to be the Bespin Luke and Chewie.

Darkross
09-05-2002, 11:21 AM
Bespin Luke gets my vote!

Darth Banky
09-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Palpatine! Perfect likeness.

The Overlord Returns
09-06-2002, 01:02 PM
I'd have to go final battle Jango with yoda and clonetrooper (red) close behind....

The Overlord Returns
09-06-2002, 01:03 PM
ummm........make that Kamino Escape Jango.......

sicqnus
09-06-2002, 10:14 PM
1 # Darth Maul Sith Training.

second : Teemto Pagalies.
Third : Bespin Luke.

Darth Sidious
09-06-2002, 10:59 PM
My favorite as of now is one that really doesn't get the credit it deserves-Bespin Vader. I love the detail on his cape, I believe only one figure matches that detail, and that is Luminara. And it looks terrific on display. If you put him on a stand or CTC and have him holding his lightsaber down with his hand outstretched, it is a truly majestic and intimidating figure. In this pose he far exceeds his Unleashed form in...just...overall coolness. He looks great with Bespin Luke, too. And as for the gimmick-The button really doesn't bother me in the least, and aside from the cape falling off the swinging action really isn't bad. Now on to the accessories-The saber is pretty cool, but there isn't a whole lot to say about it, it's just...you know...a saber. But a great one! :D The walkway piece is really cool, it looks great in dioramas and it chops in half very nicely, yet stays together well enough. So here is what Hasbro has given us, or tried to anyway-

1. A really well detailed and overall wonderful Vader.
2. A magnet. (It may not work, but at least they tried. :D)
3. A gimmick that really isn't that bad.
4. A removable cape.
5. A metal saber handle with removable blade.
6. A really nice walkway piece that can be chopped in half. (Accessory-figure interactivity)
7. It is much cheaper and more detailed and more interactive than the Unleashed Vader. (In my opinion, anyway.)

Well, there is my reasoning. I just really like Bespin Vader. :)

DarthBrandon
09-29-2002, 12:22 PM
My favorites (best IMO) so far are :

1. Orn free Taa (Awesome sculpt and detail)
2. R4-M9. ( Awesome little droid.)
3. Jango K.E. (Good Sculpt, detail, accessories, and play ability)
4. Bo Shek (Love the detail, sculpt plus the helmet and holster)
5. CloneTrooper (Red) same as Jango
6. Padme Pilot (Good all around figure from what I've seen) GPI
7. CloneTrooper (Yellow) from what I've seen so far

I was going to add Ephant Mon as well, but I'm still waiting to see more pics or just even buy him to decide.:D

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-29-2002, 02:41 PM
I love Darth Vader Bespin and Luke Bespin. The Vader has a great sculpt and paint, but it is lacking in pose. His lightsaber is extremely detailed and metal! Luke takes the cake though. Beautiful paint, sculpt, and awesome pose. His lightsaber is also extremely detailed and he has a holster for his detailed blaster.

Wolfwood319
09-29-2002, 03:17 PM
I like Palpy, GR Mace, Endor Rebel soldier, and Royal Guard so far.

plo koon 200
12-27-2002, 12:55 PM
Without a doubt, Ephant Mon is the besxt figure.

jedi master999
12-31-2002, 01:47 PM
its hard to choose i my top 5 are

5. jedi yoda

4. count dooku

3 pilot padme

2 dual hangor anikin

1. 3 jango fett figures and his preview figure

the 5 hardest figures for me were

1 yellow clone trooper

2 bespin luke

3. bespin vader

4. mace windu

5. count dooku

teebo_js
12-31-2002, 06:05 PM
De mon côté... oups!

For me, the best figure is Ephant Mon... I can't believe that I got it. I am in Canada...

I also like very much kit fisto

The worst: Yoda high council it is too much the same as episode 1
... and Chewbacca Cloud City Capture... I am not able to put the c3po head on the body... It always fall. And the eyes don't glow...
And i am a little bit deceive by the star tours figures... they don't stand right and have not so much details or articulation

Well Bonne année!!!
oups happy new years

Darth Evil
12-31-2002, 06:21 PM
My favourites of the year are Count Dooku, Palpatine, Kamino Escape Jango and Bespin Luke.

Sidiously Darth
12-31-2002, 07:52 PM
My vote goes to Ephant Mon! There's 4-5 figures worth of plastic there for only $5. That's a great deal and an awesome figure!:crazed:

bigbarada
01-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Without a doubt Ephant Mon is the best, not only of 2002 but the best out of the last 25 years!:sur: :crazed:

Banthaholic
01-01-2003, 02:03 AM
I have to agree with you BigBarada.
Yesterday I saw him on the pegs again, and he just makes all the figures around him seem non-existent. He is quite the site.

Jaff
01-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Ephant, or Senator Palpatine, hands down for me. I'm partial to new sculpts.

Death Star Gimp
01-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Ephant Mon no problem - big figure, well sculpted, excellent paint job and just feel the weight of it! nice.

Gungan Warrior
01-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Senator Binks is the best and no one can CONTEST!!!!!!!! :evil:

Kidhuman
01-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Ephant............ hands down

Turbowars
01-26-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Gungan Warrior
Senator Binks is the best and no one can CONTEST!!!!!!!! :evil: HeHe:evil: :crazed:

patchiswelsh
01-27-2003, 11:44 AM
i really liked shaak ti

carnifexold1eye
01-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Ephant for me.