PDA

View Full Version : Are you watching "Greg the Bunny"?

JediTricks
04-04-2002, 10:33 PM
This show is definitely not for kids, and Fox is going to kill it far too soon because Fox sucks these days like that, but this is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time! The idea of puppets (aka "fabricated americans") living alongside humans and carrying regular jobs as well as your standard Seasame Street-ripoffs is really funny, and I love how they don't just come in one size or shape. A great cast of humans and puppets, I'm hoping this show gets a long life and stays as funny as it has been so far.

SWAFMAN
04-04-2002, 10:53 PM
I loved it. Levy was brilliant. He can emote so much "funny" with so few lines or actions, it's awesome. I thought Seth Green held his own really well, too. I like the father/son chemistry there. The Count Blah/A'ight character was my favorite puppet in the 1st episode. For some reason, every time he'd say "Blah" I'd laugh my butt off. Add to that the eye candy, courtesy of Silverman & Waters, and I was thoroughly entertained.

2-1B
04-04-2002, 10:54 PM
JT, who is in the cast? I only remember Seth Green from the promos. I've not watched it, when is it on? I might give it a try . . . :)

I don't find myself watching anything on Fox these days (even the Simpsons, I don't watch it regularly anymore :( )

Edit: Oh yeah, Eugene Levy! I really like that guy.

JediTricks
04-04-2002, 11:04 PM
Besides the aforementioned Levy, Green, and Silverman (who often gets some of the oddest roles on TV), we've got Bob Gunton (http://us.imdb.com/Name?Gunton,+Bob) (who's a freakin' genius in his role as Junction Jack) and Dina Waters (http://us.imdb.com/Name?Spybey,+Dina) as Dottie Sunshine (who's the perfect note in her role). Other than that, not too many regular human actors, but the cast of puppets is all spot-on - Tardy Turtle (he's "special") is my current favorite after the paintgun ep.

Take my word for it, if you're over 18 and not afraid of being offended, this show is worth giving a shot.

Wolfwood319
04-04-2002, 11:15 PM
I watched it a few times, and I didn't care for it much. I maybe laughed twice after watching the first 2 epidsodes. Most new season replacements this season I haven't liked, then again I don't care for much network tv anymore.

hamsterboy
04-05-2002, 01:24 AM
The only problem I have with it,is that Fox can't make up their mind on what night to have it on.

SWAFMAN
04-05-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by hamsterboy
The only problem I have with it,is that Fox can't make up their mind on what night to have it on.

gee, there's a surprise. can we say, "The TICK" ?????

JEDIpartner
04-05-2002, 07:55 AM
headed for Cancellation???

It's a pretty funny show... but then again, so was the TICK.

JediTricks
04-06-2002, 01:48 AM
It's weird, Andy Richter's show and Greg the Bunny have gotten quite a lot of extra showings by Fox, but I know the only thing Fox execs are thinking is "I can't wait till we axe this one!", I feel it hovering. Where did that roguish upstart Fox network built on Married with Children and The Simpsons go?

SWAFMAN
04-06-2002, 02:26 AM
from JediTricks:

Where did that roguish upstart Fox network built on Married with Children and The Simpsons go?

I don't know, but when you find it, I'll bet it's sitting right next to the unanswered plot questions from the X-Files.

(I don't care what Chris Carter promises, I'll bet he leaves more things hanging than a bra thief in a nursing home)

2-1B
04-06-2002, 02:27 AM
Sweet! I wasn't sure who you meant by Silverman, but I hoped you meant Sarah. I just looked it up and I see she's on there. I like her, I'd like to see her in bigger roles. :)

JediTricks
04-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Yes, Sarah Silverman, who has gotten some really rotten roles since she was suckered into being an SNL cast member.

SWAFFY, that was full-on nasty! It belongs with that old Fox network. :D