PDA

View Full Version : Anybody out there have a sixth sense when it comes to finds?

NesteaFett
04-05-2002, 12:05 AM
This is a strange question indeed, but I do feel I have it. I remember one morning I awoke to my roomate getting ready for class. I had had a dream of the Jedi Starfighter and told him today was the day I found it. During that evening upon going to Wal-Mart I found it on the pallet and ganked one. Just this week I awoke again after a dream of the "April 23rd" boxes being on the pallets. I looked to my roomate and said the AOTC figures were in Greenville and I will find them. Sure enough that night my roomate and I found ourselves tearing through boxes obtaining all of Collection 1 and 2. Could it be a sixth sense? Could it be a chance reading of a Wal-mart employees mind? Might it be...the force? Who knows. Any other experiences out there?

jedijason1138
04-05-2002, 02:58 AM
It's weird, but the same thing happens to me from time to time. Just the other day I dreamed I found a ton of figures, and later that week, I really did find new figures. This happens about 50% of the time. I think it's caused by the Commtech chips Hasbro put with Ep I figures. They send out a carrier wave that tells you when to spend more money.:greedy:

spacelord
04-05-2002, 08:27 AM
bgood3 must have it. Just look at the posts. In the past few weeks, bgood3 has been finding preview figures, AT-ST, Tie Bomber/Snowspeeders, Jedi starfighers and AOTC figures faster than anyone in the St. Louis area. Most of what I have gotten lately has come form those posts. No one else seems to hit the right store at the right time quite the same way. I do not even go out hunting anymore w/o checking for an update.

OC47150
04-05-2002, 09:43 AM
No sixth sense with me, guys. I use information from this forum and other websites to gauge my successes and finds. If it shows up in a state or two away from me, it's close and I go looking.

187-Maul
04-05-2002, 10:04 AM
when I moved to france last summer I decided to make dioramas for my figs and decided to make a hangar from E1 - I only had about 4 figs for that scene but something kept me to the idea of making one...and about a month later I walked into toysrus finding tons and tons of the naboo royal guards, naboo security guards, destroyer droids (normal and battle damaged) and sio bibbles
now except for a few security droids I don't need any more figures till it's complete

Fulit
04-05-2002, 10:16 AM
With the exception of one or two instances where I got surprised, I know when I walk in the door whether or not I'm going to find something. It's just a feeling. I don't trust it enough though, to walk up to the door and feel it and say, "oh, nothing here today", and leave, so I always go look, even though I know.
Then theres those times I walk in the door, and I don't know how to describe it, but I know something is in that store. And if its not on the shelf, I go crazy cause I know its in there. Just the other day I went to a Wal-Mart in this little town north of LR, and I had the strongest feeling they had something, but when I got to the aisle, they had no SW at all on the shelves. I asked a manager who happened by, and he said all they had was E2 and they weren't putting it out until the 23rd. What a maddening feeling. Leave it to me to find the bumpkin in AR that knows not to put out stuff early. :mad:

lapork
04-05-2002, 12:13 PM
could it be that you're a retail employee?

just speculating...................

Fulit
04-05-2002, 12:31 PM
Me? I am not, and never have been, a retail employee. Wait, I take that back, once around Christmas I worked at KayBee for about a month, but that doesn't count since everyone knows they never get anything when it first comes out.

jedi4life
04-05-2002, 04:53 PM
I wish I had those dreams. I am the one that researchs the net to find approximate release dates and when the figures start showing up and find myself visiting WalMart every night for two or three weeks straight until they finally show up. Most of the time I am lucky but on a couple of occasions I visited the WalMart only to find that someone got there just before me and only one of the particular wave is left. I am more particular during the final waves. The first few waves are over ordered by most of the stores anyway and there are plenty of those around. Anyway maybe you should publish your dreams Fulit for those of us who are not as sensitive to the force. Ha Ha :)

Fulit
04-05-2002, 05:17 PM
LOL, it wouldn't be much use to anyone, since I don't get the feeling until I get to the particular store. I'm no Miss Cleo or anything. Wait, Miss Cleo isn't even Miss Cleo, well, you know what I mean.

Jedikmg
04-05-2002, 05:17 PM
I had a dream before May 3rd 1999 when the episode 1 figures came out of the exact set up of the toysrus with all the episode 1 toys. This was about 6 months before the figures went on sale. I've never thought to go look at the stores for the new figures after i've had a dream.

NesteaFett
04-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Must be the midi-chlorian count. Some have enough, and some don't.

Dryanta
04-05-2002, 07:57 PM
I have no sense when it comes to collecting :crazed:
Hit and miss with me.Never had a dream or feeling,just hit and miss:(

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-05-2002, 11:48 PM
Weird, I often too have dreams about finding HTF figures and other knick-knacks that are missing from my Star Wars collection. In fact I had a dream this week and I thought about posing a question like this on the forum, but I thought I would get laughed at.

The majority of my dreams involves myself seeming to find the missing Episode 1 figures and ships from my Action Fleet Micro Machines collection. The problem is that I am never going to walk into Toys R Us and spot these figures sitting on the shelves ever again (or will I?:confused: ). Another thing about my dreams, is that these figures are always pictured different than they are in real life, and another thing is that I usually dream of finding them dirt cheap! Like that will ever happen. Oh yeah the worst part, is when I wake up. :(

Wolfwood319
04-05-2002, 11:58 PM
I have never ever had a dream about Star Wars action figures. I don't really have a "sixth sense" about finding figures or not. I generally have a good idea if I'm going to find anything, but that's because I know generally when stuff is released, and when they put it out.

NesteaFett
04-08-2002, 11:14 PM
Well, I didn't have a sixth sense tonight, but I did have flat out luck. Found Collection 2 with the Nikto Jedi, Slave 1, and the deluxe figures.

Fulit
04-08-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by NesteaFett
Well, I didn't have a sixth sense tonight, but I did have flat out luck. Found Collection 2 with the Nikto Jedi, Slave 1, and the deluxe figures.

Ooh! Congrats on that find, NesteaFett! To find the Deluxe early is rare, from what I've heard anyway. Wish I could find anything early around here, but alas, K&C has got them all. Let's all take a minute to pity me...............:cry:

NesteaFett
04-09-2002, 01:34 AM
I'll go ahead and say it. The damn things aren't flipping. It says you have to find the right position but I haven't yet. Plus their hands are molded around the lightsaber so you can't take them out. Don't know the reason behind this. I do like the Jango and Mace. There are still flaws though. Mace always has his hands extended and Jango has a huge pack. I like them still though.