PDA

View Full Version : Scooby Scooby Doo - Ruh Roh!

2-1B
04-05-2002, 01:11 AM
So . . . . I saw the new trailer recently and I'm still trying to get my head around what I saw :confused:

Prinze and Gellar, I'm not interested in . . .

But I have to say that Matthew Lillard seemed to have Kasem's Shaggy voice down. At least, way more than I expected. I was surprised actually :) As for Scoobs, I really liked his voice but the CG just looks strange to me.

I'm not expecting much from this movie ;)

SithDroid
04-05-2002, 01:50 AM
Unfortunately this is one of those movies that was best left as a cartoon. I don't think that it will do that well at the box office. Plus the people that are in it just make me want to throw up. Why do Freddie Prinze Jr. and Matthew Lillard appear in everything together. This is like their 4th film together. Is there no one else in hollywood to play these parts?

LTBasker
04-05-2002, 04:10 AM
I agree, Lillard got the voice down better than I'm sure anyone expected, the bad part is though that he doesn't really look like Shaggy. As for Prinze Jr. and Geller, well they're HIGHLY unfit for those parts. I just saw about half that trailer and that was all I needed to see, just the one line I heard Gellar say she completely bombed out. And Prinze Jr. just didn't seem to be quite in character, considering his character seems way diferent than the cartoon one. The CGI Scooby, well the voice is alright but the CGI stank.

Overall this movie should've stayed a cartoon and never have been touched, and I'm still mad at them for making that teaser trailer seem very Batman-ish cause I was hoping it would be a new Batman movie when I saw the teaser in theatres. :Pirate:

Rollo Tomassi
04-05-2002, 08:45 AM
Whenever I see Prinze in that role, all I keep thinking is "I can see your roots!" He and Gellar are woefully miscast. I thought Lillard was dead on as Shaggy though. The dog looks like crap and I hope they improve it before the movie comes out this summer. I don't understand why they didn't incorporate more real footage of a real dog and "babeify" his mouth.

Either way, this and MIIB are going to be the big disappointments of the summer.

SithDroid
04-05-2002, 10:47 AM
Amen!:o

El Chuxter
04-05-2002, 11:26 AM
I wonder, since the movie is so obviously meant to look like a bad cartoon, why not just make a bad cartoon? :confused:

This looked bad, and I'm a huge fan of the old (pre-Scrappy) cartoons. If I want a Scooby movie, I'll just pop in the tape of the Scooby Doo on Zombie Island from a few years ago--now that's a great Scooby modernization.

mylow thehutt
04-05-2002, 11:58 AM
Theres a new trailre out. where.

2-1B
04-06-2002, 01:20 AM
Mylow, your sig line is accurate :D

I saw it before . . . Ice Age? I think that was it . . .

JediTricks
04-06-2002, 03:55 AM
I can't wait to NOT see this movie! ;) This has been on my "avoid at all costs" list ever since the first day I heard "CGI Scooby"... then I heard the cast list and that cemented it. They'd have to pay me to get me to see this thing.

SithDroid
05-21-2002, 12:17 AM
O.K. I just watched Jay Leno and Freddie Prinze Jr. was on and they showed a clip from the movie, all I have to say is that this movie is going to be absolutely horrible. I for one will not be seeing this movie. I can't reason throwing my money away on a cr*ppy movie. This is going to be by far the biggest disappointment of the entire summer.

Also Freddie Prinze Jr. has to now be one of my top HATED celebrities. I have never seen him do a decent job acting and every film he makes his horrible. I don't see what Hollywodd seems to see in him. Oh well, it's just my opinion.

2-1B
05-21-2002, 02:08 AM
Be wary, TV spots have been popping up as well. :(

Lord Malakite
05-21-2002, 04:29 PM
I think this movie is actually going to do very well. After all, its being marketed more towards the kids of today than to the adults who grew up watching the cartoons as kids.

QLD
05-22-2002, 02:36 PM
This movie is going to suck sooooooo bad.....

That it will go full circle to the point where it ceases to suck.....

before it starts to suck all over again.

bobafett07728
05-22-2002, 03:30 PM
Well. . .I am glad to see that we all agree on the suckiness of this soon to be "blockbuster." Its unforunate that parents will throw thier money away so their kids can see this nonsense. I'm also disturbed by the fact Gellar and Prinz were casted. As bad as Gellar is, Prinz takes the cake! What a dissaster casting him was! And I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "fight" scenes. I was a big fan of the cartoons. . .but not once. . .ONCE. . .do I remember any "fight" sequences. When I saw Gellar flying through the air kickig like Charlie's Angels I wanted to scream! But then. . .they show a clip of Freddy getting into the mix. . .throwing a punch or two. What the HECK is that!?!?!?! All I remember from the cartoons is running. . .running. . .hiding. . .more running. . .and a bootleg trap that catches the villian, Shaggy, and Scoob!!! I'm for them bringing back the Mystery Science 3000 cast, so that they can put their sillohetted heads in the lower right corner to make witty coments on how crappy the movie is.

bigbarada
05-22-2002, 03:33 PM
For what it is, I think it looks pretty cool. Especially the CG Scooby, he's not supposed to look real and we're not supposed to take this movie seriously. I see it as an amusing way to kill 2 hours; but not in a movie theater.

In any case, can it possibly be worse than Space Jam?

bobafett07728
05-22-2002, 03:37 PM
Hmmmm. . .I had forgotten how bad Space Jam was. . .interseting. . .very interesting.

Beast
05-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
In any case, can it possibly be worse than Space Jam?
I don't think that is even possible, BigB. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
05-27-2002, 12:16 PM
No Way Lilard looks EXACTLY like any human version Shaggy. Any closer he would be the cartoon himself.

LTBasker
05-27-2002, 03:55 PM
The TV spots have been popping on stuff I've been watching. In my opinion it's terrible to no end, but by using cheap gimmicks (in otherwords; casting Geller and Prinze which the easily amused are going to flock to see) it will be a blockbuster....however it's gonna be in a shadow along with several other movies due to AOTC and Spider-Man. :D

saladin
06-08-2002, 12:53 AM
Velma and daphne are hot, in the movie i mean.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-08-2002, 11:11 PM
Gellar should just stick with Buffy. She does, however, look good with red hair. :)

JediTricks
06-09-2002, 10:15 PM
So apparently, during the press junket for Scooby Doo here, Freddie Prinze Jr said he wanted to see the Captain America film start up so he could try to get the title role... YEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Beast
06-09-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
So apparently, during the press junket for Scooby Doo here, Freddie Prinze Jr said he wanted to see the Captain America film start up so he could try to get the title role... YEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Ugh, I think Luke Skywalker said it best. "No, that's not true...that's impossible!" :eek:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-09-2002, 10:39 PM
JT, thanks for posting that and reminding me that Freddie (not "Boom Boom" Washington) Prinze also lobbied for the role of Spider-Man. :frus:

:D

Wow, you guys really dislike Space Jam that much? I didn't think it was great, but it wasn't that bad to me. And I wasn't even a Jordan fan, so that didn't bias me toward its supposed "badness." :D

QLD
06-10-2002, 12:31 PM
Freddie Prinze Jr.......ugh.....he is the suckiest suck that ever did suck.

JediTricks
06-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Yeesh, this guy should become a mime - I don't wanna hear one more thing he has to say. What's next, he wants to play "young Ash" in an Evil Dead prequel?!?

Starfig873
06-14-2002, 03:52 PM
I just got back from Scooby-Doo, frankly I liked it. It was hardly great, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was just like a Scooby cartoon to tell you the truth. :p

The Daphnie character needed work I thought, and Fred was too self-absorbed. But I'm hardly bothered by that.

scruffziller
06-15-2002, 12:54 AM
It was excellent!!!!! At the begining I was hoping it would not be really bad and poor acting because that is what it seemed like at first but as the movie went on the plot actually thickened and it blossomed into an extrordianry piece of cinema work. It had lot of things that the cartoon had but not too much to where it was predictable and overkilled. It was done the way it was suppose to be. I give it 2 thumbs up and 4 1/2 stars because nothing is perfect.

Starfig873
06-15-2002, 01:01 AM
Hey! I'm not the only person in America that actually enjoyed the movie after all. Yay for me. :p

LTBasker
06-15-2002, 01:55 AM
It was released already? Ok. *goes back to not caring* :D

JediTricks
06-15-2002, 04:31 AM
Yeah Basker, I gotta admit, I did't know it came out today either! I'll be getting dragged to this film sometime next week, so I'm glad some folks liked it.

UPDATE - I've been informed that this is my 4000th post... yeesh! That's 13 posts a day since this forum opened, what was I thinking? ;)

Eternal Padawan
06-15-2002, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
This movie is going to suck sooooooo bad.....

That it will go full circle to the point where it ceases to suck.....

before it starts to suck all over again.

SNIRK Chortle...

By bobafet07728
I'm for them bringing back the Mystery Science 3000 cast, so that they can put their sillohetted heads in the lower right corner to make witty coments on how crappy the movie is.

Mmph...mmmmph...

By Mr. '4000 posts and counting' JediTricks
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

BWA hA hA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(tears) Sniffle... Whooooooooo...

Man, that was too funny. Who needs the movie when we have this thread? :D

Eternal Padawan
06-15-2002, 05:09 AM
By Jedi Tricks

By Eternal Padawan

By Jedi Tricks
Feh.

;)

Starfig873
06-15-2002, 08:52 AM
Trippy, a tri-quote? :p Impressive...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-15-2002, 01:04 PM
I saw it yesterday, and I thought it was great. But then again Scrappy Doo... they ruined him- he was power hungry, corrupt, had a urinal obsession for Daphne, and had a dirty mouth.

Is it just me or did this movie have hints of drug use. Here's what I noticed:
1. Scooby and Shaggy are in the Mystery Machine- smoke comes out of it, but it turns out they're cooking.
2. A scene plays the song "Pass the dutchie"
3. Shaggy's love interest is named Mary Jane.

:stupid: jinkys :stupid:

scruffziller
06-15-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
I saw it yesterday, and I thought it was great. But then again Scrappy Doo... they ruined him- he was power hungry, corrupt, had a urinal obsession for Daphne, and had a dirty mouth.

Is it just me or did this movie have hints of drug use. Here's what I noticed:
1. Scooby and Shaggy are in the Mystery Machine- smoke comes out of it, but it turns out they're cooking.
2. A scene plays the song "Pass the dutchie"
3. Shaggy's love interest is named Mary Jane.

:stupid: jinkys :stupid:
They had to play off some of those stereotypes of how the show was made fun of by stand up comedians. It was done in a way to where us older folks got it but no way little kids would get unless they were corrupted already. I like those inside jokes.
As for Scrappy Doo I like the twist on his character. It gave new life the story in a movie form.

Beast
06-15-2002, 02:08 PM
More about the subtext in the new Scooby Doo Movie:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/13/ca.s02.subtextual.scooby.ap/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-16-2002, 01:51 AM
Hold on just one minute here, Scrappy is in the movie too?
Honestly, this is the first I've heard of such an appearance. :(

This deal keeps getting worse all the time. :D

BTW, it was kinda weird to have to fight thru Rooby Roo crowds to see AOTC today!

Eternal Padawan
06-16-2002, 10:12 AM
****SCOOBY SPOILERS (for Caesar)****

I don't want to give Scrappy's involvement away, but it involves the phrase "...and I would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for you sonuvabit--..."

If your familiar with Scooby Doo you know who and what that phrase is all about...